Aphorisms - Comments Wanted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophicus

Ou Be Low hoo
'You speak some shit, you stop, you repeat.'

I think Plato said that...

Philosophicus
Interesting one - signifying the futility of thinking! But I doubt whether Plato said that.

Ou Be Low hoo
Sorry...I was paraphrasing what he related to Socrates regarding the futility of knowledge in a world full of idiots:

'Ignorance, the root and stem of every evil.'

Philosophicus
Socrates and Plato - bit of a mystery - did Plato ever say anything himself or did he only employ the teachings of Socrates in his dialogs?

As in: "Socrates talked, but wrote nothing and Plato wrote but said nothing"

peterKSL
"The one who never thinks about his own existence is no different from an animal or a plant, which just blindly flows with the senseless continuity of everything."

That I believe you are talking about sefishness... and according to Bardock42, he refered that selfishness is stored mostly in your sub-conscious mind, and I myself have thought about it and I must agree with it, that everyone has been affected by it, when one has been taught or one has gain the ability to understand how one can cherish oneself, so as to say that your that proverb hardly will happen.... as for my own theory, I think selfishness itself is a virus... you need it to survive, but yet people die from it..... but I must say... your proverbs are impressive.... but for an age like yours, it's no surprise at all to me....
keep up your work...!!

42Bardock
I don't think he is referring to selfishness, even though i got a few theories aboot that.

Philosophicus
I've never thought of it as selfishness, but I suppose one can compare self-consciousness to selfisness (Humans superior to non-humans).

Thank you to peterKSL and 42Bardock for your interest in my posts. You belong to the few who actually makes the effort to read it and to try to understand it, unlike the other ignoramouses who merely refer to my philosophy as pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo, just because they don't understand it.

My sincere thanks and respect to you guys.

finti
na they refer to it pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo cause thats what it is, it sure aint philosophy

Philosophicus
Hey, Norseman, go read cartoons rather...you're obviously not a philosophic type.

finti
just like you then, diffrence I dont try to fool others into believing that I am

Philosophicus
I don't try to fool others, I am sincere in what I write...I honestly think very deeply and passionately over philosophical problems and then account for them in my own way.

finti
you are too easy to wind up man, at least try to see when people are giving you are hard time just for the hell of it

Storm
Make use of the Private Messages!

Philosophicus
Sorry about that Storm - I'll no longer respond to finti.

Victor Von Doom
That's a little presumptious.

'The mind is a fully condition dependent uniqueness of personality a propos perspective and rejoins by the random and irrepressible assimilation of locale specific external stimuli in entanglement with the internal routing and positioning method of universal character towards impulse transformed stimuli. '

is about as far from an aphorism as it gets.

brandino
heres mine
There isnt an absolute answer but infinate answers and truths to be had

Philosophicus
Why do you say so?

peterKSL
he's merely saying that because everyone has too much opinions and he's just too busy to hear them all.... laughing out loud

Philosophicus
Iwas refering to Victor's post, not Brandino's

brandino
I wrote that at like one in the morning

i turn into a idiot when im tired forgive me

Victor Von Doom
I'd say it's a bit too uneconomical to qualify.

Philosophicus
laughing out loud

Victor Von Doom
I thought much the same upon reading.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.