Ashlee Simpson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MGF
What do you think of Ashlee Simpson?

eggmayo
Never heard of her.

Deathblow
She's a screwed up little wannabe with a cute sister.

eggmayo
Is her sister Jessica Simpson?

Alpha Centauri
I hate threads like this.

Blatantly just a water-tester. Dipping the toe in to gauge our reaction so if we hate her it stops and if we don't you'll admit you're a fan.

What do I think of Ashlee Simpson?

Come around after I've taken a dump and you will get the jist of it.

-AC

Silver Stardust
She a talentless poser wannabe who's just riding on the fame of her moronic older sister.

THAT'S what I think of Ashlee Simpson.

SlipknoT
I think she needs to welcome a drill bit to her brain.

Afro Cheese
She got booed at the orange bowl.

SlipknoT
She sounded awful though.

Afro Cheese
Yeah she can't sing for shit.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya I have to agree I hate her singing! sick but I thought that was mean when they booed her off stage sad

Afro Cheese
I thought it was funny. I'm just confused how she got to sing at the orange bowl in the first place.

startxthexmosh
i like her.i dont thinks hes one of those people who will be remembered forever as a great artist.but her songs are fun and yea..i like her.

Red Superfly
Who the hell is Ashlee Simpson and why should I care?

tabby999
yeah i agree she isn't good, acually, shes horrible, but i felt sorry for her when she got booed, did you see her face? she wanted to cry sobad, but she had to smile. poor girl...

MornGlory
she makes me want to la la mad

SlipknoT
no expression

BackFire
People boo her when she lip-sincs, people boo her when she sings live.

She's THAT bad.

tabby999
true, true

Alpha Centauri
I think it's rather hilarious how she talks about being a french maid for a guy etc etc. Talking about how she likes sex when it hurts.

If she were to get raped by some random guy now, due to that song, none of the fault would rest on her. Not saying by any stretch she deserves it, wouldn't wish that on anyone. Just saying.

"I like it better when it hurts."

Ha. Give me 5 minutes alone and I'll break her in half.

-AC

Silver Stardust
I didn't, I thought it was hilarious. And at least now she realizes that she sucks and no one really likes her.

BasketCase
i thought it was funny..
i like some of her songs, i dont necissarly(spelling) like her though, i think she's annoying

tabby999
she got kicked out a cinema recently too, she was sitting there with one of her friends talking loudly into her mobile phone, an usher ejected them from the venue

MornGlory
good - she seems like one of those annoying chics- that you just want to tell to shut up

I always "shussshhh" people in the theaters

tabby999
if she was sitting in a movie i paid good money to see talking loudly into her phone i'd tell her to **** off and drop kick her through a wall

Silver Stardust
Hey, that's what I get to do at work, kick people out of the theater for talking laughing out loud

Now why couldn't I work at THAT theater?

MornGlory
i know i hate paying $8.50 to see a movie and somebody brings their kid to some R rated movie - i mean kid as in.. 2-5 yrs old - and the kids start talking and crying during the movie

what is even worse is when the parents dont take them out of the theater when they start crying they just let them cry mad

tabby999
its worse when you like movies like the Incredibles (like i do) cos there are LOADS of little crying shits

MornGlory
if I go see a "kids" movie - i make sure I go on a school day in the afternoon.. when there are very very few kids there...

SlipknoT
If she was near me I would have destroyed her phone, and spit in her face.

tabby999
indeed

eggmayo
I just throw bottles at them.

weegie
I think she's good. Have any of you seen the Ashlee simpson show? It's good, you get to know her, she seems pretty cool. She has had something wrong with her voice, so that might have been why she sounded crap at this show. i think her voice is unique! She's not the best singer, but shes ok.

Alpha Centauri
"Have any of you seen the Ashlee simpson show? It's good, you get to know her, she seems pretty cool."

You get to know what she's like on camera. Backstage doesn't equate to being off camera. Learn this.

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20050114/110576550000.html

Is it possible 78,000 football fans at Miami's Pro Player stadium simply didn't care for Ashlee Simpson's vocal stylings when she was rounded booed during the Orange Bowl halftime show?

Not according to the singer.

Simpson again tried to spin--if not hoedown--her way out of a national embarrassment this week by telling MTV the many reasons why she believes she was the subject of a hugely negative reaction among the football faithful watching USC and Okalahoma during the Jan. 3 BCS Championship Game.

The raven-haired popster, who blamed last year's Saturday Night Live lip-synching debacle on (a) her drummer and (b) a bad case of acid reflux, came up with a whole bunch of explanations for the booing this time out, and none had to do with her shrieking, voice-cracking performance. Visit for more:

"There were no ear monitors when we went on stage," Jessica's little sis told MTV.com.

"And trying to sing in a stadium where you can't hear yourself is kinda hard," the 21-year old added.

In the end, though, she did manage to soldier through a live rendition of "La La," a tune off her debut disc Autobiography. But if a bad sound system is at fault for her closing boos, what explains the jeers at the start of her performance?

"I was facing the Oklahoma Sooners , and I was rooting for USC, and they played a clip of it, so maybe it was that those people didn't like me," she postulated.

The singer even offered up a strange sort of apology. "Maybe they were booing at me, maybe they were booing at the halftime show because the whole thing sucked. If they didn't like the performance, and that's what it was about, then sorry to them."

But apologies are simply not enough for some music fans, who recently started circulating an online petition demanding that Simpson quit her music career posthaste.

"We, the undersigned, are disgusted with Ashlee Simpson's horrible singing and hereby ask her to stop. Stop recording, touring, modeling and performing. We do not wish to see her again," the Stop Ashlee Simpson petition reads. "She cannot match the sound of her voice that can be found on her CDs, when she sings live. She simply yells the words (sometimes the wrong ones) into the mic." So far, more than 14,000 people have endorsed the sentiment.

Last year, an organization called H.O.P.E offered a Ashlee Simpson CD swap, in which former Simpson fans in New York could exchange their Simpson discs for a CD of what the group calls "one of higher entertainment quality."

Simpson can only hope crowds for her upcoming tour will be more sympathetic--the jaunt kicks off Feb. 18 at Los Angeles' Universal Amphitheater.

Excuses, excuses, excuses roll eyes (sarcastic)

tabby999
the petition...where do i sign?

weegie
i am not sure its just excuses, ok, she shouldn't blame others if she sounded bad, but she did have something wrong with her voice, medically wrong, and she thought her career was over cus it was so bad. I know she ain't the best singer, but shes ok! I do actually have her cd, i haven't been bothered to listen to it though, lol. I like a couple of her songs, and have watched her on stage, on the tv, and she was good!

Alpha Centauri
" am not sure its just excuses, ok, she shouldn't blame others if she sounded bad, but she did have something wrong with her voice"

Yeah it sucks. That's a big no-no if you wanna be a singer in my opinion.

"she thought her career was over cus it was so bad."

We can only hope. I absolutely love how her mentality of "I'll dye my hair black and make music with guitars in" is supposed to make us believe that she's a credible musician and not like her sister. When everyone who owns Jessica Simpson CDs almost definately owns the Ashlee Simpson one. How can you say "I'm different and better but I'll share your fans."

She needs to **** off and stop singing about sex also. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I just think you should actual have sex first, then sing about it. You can tell she hasn't just because of who she is.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
I love Ashlee Simpson...she seems like such a fun person! she's soooo cool!

she is a way better singer than her sister Jessica..

and when she got booed at the Orange Bowl I just wanted to reach inside the TV and hug her- felt so bad for her cry

SimplePlanChica
wow rock on Zoombee.Thats exactly how I feel.

Alpha Centauri
She shouldn't suck then should she? Here's an idea, if you can't f*cking sing, don't try to be a singer.

Seems like such a fun person? Funny, coz Simple Plan fans say the same thing. Do either of you personally know them? Or are you judging by what you see on camera.......when they are both talking to people who they want to buy their records?

-AC

SimplePlanChica
I actually met simple plan and spent a lot of time with them..and I dont care what you say they were really nice to me.

ZoooMbEE
i never care what Alpha says...

SimplePlanChica
good you shouldnt!!!! Like who you want and ignore them.

ZoooMbEE
damn it I will

SimplePlanChica
right on!!!!

jaden101
AC is trying to do you people a favour...your only going to look back in a couple of years time with embarrassment at the fact that you actually liked corporate whores like simple plan and ashlee simpson

Miss_Faye
She's a spawn of satan. no expression

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by weegie
She has had something wrong with her voice, so that might have been why she sounded crap at this show. No. She blamed it on heartburn, after unsuccessfully trying to pin it on the band. She just flat out can't sing, that's what's wrong with her voice. In all seriousness... I say a lot of pop singers "can't sing" but I never really meant it as much as I do now, I'd take Jessica or Christina's singing over Ashlee's any day of the week. And yeah I've seen her show, which was further proof that she couldn't sing. She sat there throwing fits on her own show because she couldn't sing the damn song right.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not trying to help you morons, contrary to what Jaden says.

However, I also don't care if they were "nice" to you or not. They know you buy their records, DVDs, shirts and stuff like that. Do you think they could suffer having a fan spread around the net that they are horrible to their fans? No. They need the money and they need the fans. They use you. They don't like or respect you, all you do is pay for their cars.

I agree with Afro, I think Jessica absolutely sucks in general. Just another shit Popstar. However, as her voice goes she can hit reasonable notes cleanly. So can lots of other people though. At least she isn't ripping people off when they go to see her live like Britney does, or Ashlee does or (enter another name). Christina clearly has the best voice of all those idiots, she is actually a good singer despite me not liking the material she puts out. I think she's hot, I'd do her but you don't see me buying her records as a result, I'd get a poster for that.

If you think Simple Plan are hot, get a poster, take a picture. Don't buy a CD.

-AC

jaden101
ok...he isn't trying to help you...he's just trying to call you morons...and quite frankly i cant even hope to defend you...because he's right

ZoooMbEE
whateva..she has style and she rocks.So i dont care what you call me.. say what you want cause when i'm famous im going to laugh at you

SimplePlanChica
why would need a poster when i had the real thing

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ZoooMbEE
whateva..she has style and she rocks.So i dont care what you call me.. say what you want cause when i'm famous im going to laugh at you

Oh? I'll be sure to laugh at you when you're sitting at a table in a mall somewhere signing albums for 10 year olds while they give you posters saying "U ROK!" in glitter and leave you to ponder your decision.

I'll laugh right in your face then.

Don't try me, I'll make you famous.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
well it would be better than where you will end up -- alone--(in miserable UK no doubt - on the dole) your girlfriend who left you for someone else... and you are on anti-depresents..

Zooo will have accomplished more in her life then you could have in 20 yrs

ZoooMbEE
rock on chica you said it.I'm the one who is going to be rich and famous making music I LIKE!!!! so stfu alpha

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahahahahaha is it actually possible? No...it can't be.

Anyway, while we're getting into lives. You actually believe you've got a shot with a celebrity. He probably bones his boyf....girlfriend on a mattress stuffed with money that belongs to you for buying their merch.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahahahahahahaha is it actually possible? No...it can't be.

Anyway, while we're getting into lives. You actually believe you've got a shot with a celebrity. He probably bones his boyf....girlfriend on a mattress stuffed with money that belongs to you for buying their merch.

-AC she doesnt need to believe she's got a shot with any of them she's already been there so shove that in your face idiot

Alpha Centauri
She hasn't, lets be real.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
She hasn't, lets be real.

-AC believe what you want she doesnt have to prove anything to you.

Alpha Centauri
I will. Hence my post saying she hasn't.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
and you know that because...

SimplePlanChica
ugh! Alpha always has something to say...

SimplePlanChica
and it is worthless eek!

ZoooMbEE
so true

SimplePlanChica
I know.. I am normally right all the time...

Im so clever

ZoooMbEE
yes you are,we both rock people are so jealous of us.

SimplePlanChica
i knoooww

Alpha Centauri
You're so blatantly the same person, or if you're not then you're just both idiots.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
how can we be the same person blink

Im here and zooo is in another state...blah blah

ZoooMbEE
same person what the hell.your a bigger idiot then i thought

Alpha Centauri
Might as well be, you both say the EXACT same thing.

Are you sisters? I assume you're both girls.

-AC

ZoooMbEE
we dont even live in the same state dummy

Alpha Centauri
Oh well you sure showed me Clone one and Clone two.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
anyways back to Ashlee....

ZoooMbEE
Oh well you sure showed me Clone one and Clone two.

-AC oh so all the little sheep in the simple plan thread are your clones then.your a grade A moron omg two people have the same opinion.

SimplePlanChica
baaa

Alpha Centauri
Shhhhh, carry on talking about your little manufactured Popstars kids.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
back on topic...

Ashlee Simpson...

ZoooMbEE
yeah so i really like her song pieces your right she does have a better voice then jessica she's really cool.

SimplePlanChica
i like the song La La... its very sexy.. embarrasment

SimplePlanChica
OMG I love Ashlee Simpson's boyfriend... Ryan Caberera-- he is a good singer as well... I love the song True...

he has an adorable face

ZoooMbEE
true is awesome love i find that song really special

SimplePlanChica
yea it is a special song for me and my bo James

ZoooMbEE
cool i cant wait to come down and rock it out with you at the skatepark.going to be awesome..I'll bring you my signed ashlee Cd

SimplePlanChica
whoa you have a signed Ashlee CD? where did you meet her?

you dont have to tell me if you dont want... but thats so cool you have a signed CD

i thought about buying a signed one on ebay

ZoooMbEE
naw my sister got it signed at virign megastores when her cd came out.

SimplePlanChica
cool. so your sis met Ashlee then?

did she get any pics with her?

ZoooMbEE
no she just signed the cd and poster.

SimplePlanChica
thats so cool! Im jealous! I would just die if I got to meet her...

or at least go to one of her concerts! - I love to hear her sing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.