Superman vs Carnage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fanboy
Personally I think He would kick the s*%$ out of both of them but I want another persons opinion.

Maestro
who would kick the sh*t out of both of them, and there is only two people in this thread anyway . . . messed

pr1983
carnage - "ill kill you superman"

5 seconds pass...

superman has to scrape carnage's face from the underside of his boot...

jinzin
if venom kicked supes' ass than carnage would do it faster and grosser.

pr1983
venom's was a weak ass crossover... edit...

carnage is good, but this is superman...

MatchesMalone
Superman beats the crap out of Carnage without the slightest hint of effort. He has the strength to take Carnage out with one punch. Also, he has the speed to administer the punch before Carnage even knows what killed him.

jinzin
IT DOESN"T MATTER IF THE COMIC's A LOAD OF CRAP!---(in The Rock's voice)

Facts is facts man, iron fist knocked out hulk, that was a crock of crap, venom pounded on ghost rider, which i still have my doubts about, wolverine caught a charagter who transends light speed, ect, ect, ect,,,,,

even if you don't like the fact that an event took place in a comic somewhere, it still doesn't change the fact that it did happen.

anyways, in the marvel vs. dc crossover, it was implied that venom went toe to toe with quicksilver, and the flash, both fast characters, and from the looks of things, they weren't winning. venom has also gone toe to toe with juggs, and the hulk. So carnage has a pretty damn well shot at taking out superman.

pr1983
crossovers by nature shoudlnt be considered canon. dc and marvel both have different power levels and capabilities. to even suggest carnage could stand up to superman is ridiculous...

MatchesMalone
Actually, Carnage has NO shot at taking out Superman in a well written comic book. Of course, the writers can do what they want. They can write that Alfred takes out the Living Tribunal. But, that would not be well written and would make no sense. You can take specific occurrences were it appears that the writers were drinking and made characters do things that were superior or inferior to their usual capabilities. You would also be right to say that those occurrences did happen and they were official. After all, anything that the comic companies decide to put out is official. Its up to them, not us. However, in a debate on which character should win in a well written and logical comic, such as the vs. threads, I would not hold these absurd occurrences as solid evidence. I would think it is more wise to actually look at the other 90% percent of each character's appearances. In other words, use the abilities that the character's use consistently and more often than not. Just to put things in perspective, I have a comic where Batman punches out Carnage. However, we all should know that Carnage would eat Batman for breakfast in a fist fight. Logically, Superman dispatches with Carnage in less than two seconds. He would have more of a problem making toast.

BobbyD
Huh? Wha?

Supes and Carnage just fought? When?

Ohhhhhh, it just finished. Gotcha.

wink

lightaxe
dude sentry ripped carnage in half why would supes do any less?

jinzin
ugghhh, the symbiote is a mystery still, to the rest of the marvel universe. The full powers that a symbiote possesses are still potentialy endless. Symbiotes alone are fully capible of dispatching extremely high strength/speed/hell even god-like people a couple examples of this would be the silver surfer, and the stranger, who are cosmic beings, using a symbiote, spider-man beat firelord (don't ask me how, I still read that comic with a WTF look on my face.) bad writing or not. (oh yeah and while we're on that subject. It is nice and fine that you have your own opinion on the capibilities of comic writers and if your inclined to dissagree, then that's fine too. The point is however, who simply can't say that something which DID INFACT take place has no substance just because you don't like the writter's/company's style or say in how a story should pan out. If you're going to simply discredit events that did take place based on your opinion of the writer, then you shouldn't read comic books cause bad writing happens to good comics ALL---THE---TIME.
We all know that logically superman shouldn't be beaten by anyone---ever, short of a god, or lucifer or something. However, since you feel so inclined to include batman in this thread, then I must retort, Batman beat Carnage while carnage was weakened and confused due to what joker did to him. Batman found a weakness and exploited it. But, in that same logical fasion one could argue effectively that batman has handed supes his ass on a couple of occasions using the same exploitation technique.
logically superman shouldn't be beaten by a regular human,,,,,ever, but it happened. The thing about comics though, is that they're not logical, no one is going to get bitten by a radioactive spider to become a super hero, anyone who is caught in a gamma bomb is going to die, plain and simple, I shouldn't even have to go on about most of the ridiculous dc characters. You call venom beating the crap out of superman an absurd occurance, and for all intents and purposes I'm inclined to agree. But the fact still remains he did it. If it wasn't for these "Absurd Occurances" our comic worlds would be extremely boring. Isn't the fact that a different sun makes superman gain all sorts of random (and well all of the best) powers one could think up....absurd? I would say so,,,,,,,,,,,,but it happened.
wheather you want to admit it or not carnage DOES have a shot at beating superman.

pr1983
dude, i know what u mean...

but base it on their abilities that they've displayed...

supes would wipe the floor with carnage...

MatchesMalone
Well......

1. Joker did not do anything to Carnage at that moment, he threaten his life. You mean to tell me that if Carnage faces danger, he weakens to the point where Batman can punch him out? I really don't think what happened there makes any sense. But, If I am wrong and that did make sense, then it would only help my argument. Considering that Superman is far more deadly with his fists.

2. Batman has never beaten Superman in a fair fight. Batman has tricked him and ambushed him with Kryptonite among other methods. Please, do not go the route of implying that Batman can beat Superman in a fair fight. That will quickly turn this topic more into a joke than it already is.

3. Carnage has a shot at beating Superman? Carnage has been beaten by people with the strength to lift about 10 tons. Superman's limit is not really known. He has the strength to knock Carnage out with one blow. He has the speed to move so fast that Carnage would only see flashes of red and blue. Explain to me, in a random battle where Superman is intent on taking Carnage out, what Carnage would do to save himself? Tell me how Carnage can beat Superman. Tell me how.

theflyxx
Yeah, that crossover was ridiculous.

Venom literally got his ass handed to him by the Juggernaut in "Venom: The Madness".

No way Venom would defeat Superman.

Anyways, back on topic, Carnage would get creamed by Superman. Superman would be just too quick for Carnage to do anything. Also, Superman could freeze him solid or incinerate him with his laser vision and then dispatch him at his leisure.

Also, did you see what the Sentry did to Carnage in New Avengers? Now just imagine what Superman would do to him.

Cosmic Cube
Anyone can beat anyone IMO, but Superman should kick carnage's crazy ass.

Cosmo Kramer
I say a better fight is Superboy vs. Carnage Smallville style! Besides dont any of u realize fire comes from Supes eyes? simbiotes hate fire!

Fanboy
I meant Superman would kick the crap out of Carnage.

jinzin
I don't have the bats/carnage crossover, with me up here at college, it's at home, but as far as I remember Carnage was having some mental problems (more than the usual) and his face was completely exposed.
(if I'm wrong, and i could be, somebody remind me of how that whole mess went down cause i don't remember it too well.)

And i never implied that bats could take out supes in a fair fight, you misunderstood, I'm just trying to get the point accross that so what if batman beat carnage (when other factors were at play), he's beaten supes too. Do you get what I'm trying to get at there?

I really doubt that Superman is going to KO carnage in one blow. Yeah venom got an asshanding (the first time around) from Juggs, but it didn't seem like juggs' blows were doing much more than tossing the v man around, I mean he was making wise-cracks while juggernaught put his face through the pavement. Carnage is stronger than venom and should be able to take more punishment from supes, than "one blow" especially since carnage almost thrives on pain. He burned himself with a bunsen burner while he was combined with another symbiote just to get info, and he dind't care about the hurt he felt.
You want a way for carnage to beat supes? here's a few
-Carnage goes invsible sneaks up on supes and either sends tendrils into superman's brain to scramble it, or covers his head with symiote to give superman hilucinations, nightmares, making him crazy.
-a big diff between these two, is that superman's not a killer, and carnage goes on killing sprees. while there isn't one tangible thing carnage cares about carnage could score like 30 hostages rapping tendrils around their necks etc....and he would have superman at his mercy.
-or he can send a symbiotic scream throughout the universe causing hundreds upon thousands of the symbiote species to race their way across space and overwhelm superman with sheer numbers.

now in the same token I understand that superman is THE MAN and that due to his speed being faster than a sonic jet all he would have to do is fly by carnage, and it would probably obliterate him. But common he doesn't fight like that, and like I said the crossover may have been crap writing, but it occured. I think i've made my point here, carnage is no pushover and he does have the tools to beat superman. superman can beat carnage, but for a creature that has taken out ss and the stranger, I don't think supes is in for a walk in the park plain and simple.

BobbyD
I see Supes walking.

But yes, creating writing, as you would say and exhibited, may find a way for Carnage to beat the Man of Steel.

The chances are also very slim however, especially when DC must consider using their poster child losing in a fight.....and to someone like Carnage? Won't happen.

DarkCrawler
You seriously think that Superman couldn't hear Carnage?

I thought this was an fair fight...without stupid pedestrians.

Wow, they have to be pretty damn fast, because if they are lightyears away, they need to go to earth fast enought to stop Superman to murder Carnage...by the time they get to earth, Superman is already cleaning the remains of Carnage with an broom.

jinzin
Well i wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't hear carnage those symbiotes are sneaky,,,,veeeeerrrry sneaky,,,,,like thebutler from mr. deeds sneaky,,,,I think you are underestimating the sneakyness sir.

there are no pedestrians? where are they fighting? in the desert or something?....okay, sorry if that's the case then scratch that idea, it's just something that carnage has to his advantage against supes, just like a lot of his other villians you know?

I think they ARE pretty damn fast, its something that while it was bewildering at the time, i've just come to accept, I have no idea how symbiotes can propell themselves through space at such high speeds, but when venom did the shreik thing they arrived out of nowhere in only a few moments. though, i really would some explination for how they travel through space so fast....like I said the true potential the symbiotic species is pretty much limitless. But i do see what you're sayin bobby, about the poster boy thing, kinda makes me wonder why they let venom kick his ass....

BobbyD
"let venom kick his ass".....creative writing as you said, Jinzin

Draco69
Crossovers are utter bull****. Period. No way in hell could Venom beat Superman. When DC and Marvel come together to create a comic, business politics get in the way of logic. Lobo loses to Wolverine. Storm beats Wonder Woman. Spiderman topples Superboy. Impossible situations are created in order to give their respective icons their time out in the field.

Superman would crush Carnage. Even if Carnage somehow manages to get his hands on Superman, he wouldn't have ample time to actually hurt Superman. Carnage does not have the strength nor power to restrain him in anyway. Symbiotes hate two things: loud noises & fire. Superman can exploit both of these weaknesses by judicious use of heat vision and creating sonic booms. Carnage has superhuman speed. According to the Official Handbook of Spider-Man, Carnage's max speed is 800 mph. Superman is capable of just under lightspeed superspeed. Its no contest. How symbiotes travel through space is unknown (they probably hitchhike on meteorites or alien spaceships), but they are not capable of extreme speeds.

jinzin
then you tell me how the hell they got from one part of the MU to the other within a few frames of a single comic?

Draco69
Don't know. Dimensional portals. Celestials. Who knows. I don't know what comic you are referring to but the fact is that Carnage's max speed is 800 mph. If he was capable of faster-lightspeed action, then Spidey would have died a LONG time ago. And also think about this. If Carnage is capable of beating Superman arguably one of the most powerful superheroes in comics, the why the hell is Carnage is losing to Spidey. Better yet why doesn't Carnage beat everyone in the Marvel Universe. If Carnage can beat Superman, than Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, and certainly Spider-Man would be no problem.

MatchesMalone
Jinzin, all those creative ambush situations you gave would still not work. Please, answer these questions. Do you understand that Superman can move so fast that Carnage will just see flashes of red and blue? Why don't you think a full force punch from Superman will take Carnage out?

theflyxx
In the very next issue, it was actually stated that the beating Venom received at the hands of the Juggernaut almost killed him. Yeah, Venom was making wisecracks, but he was seriously in a world of hurt.

Creative writing? wink

Anyways, Supes wouldn't even have to punch Carnage to defeat him. There are so many of Carnage's weaknesses that Superman could exploit that it's not even funny.

Kontraz
i'm convinced that wasnt carnage. I think it was some other symbiote that nobody really knows about. I mean, it didnt even look like carnage! It was completely reddish-pink (carnage is deep red with black "goop" coarsing over the red), AND IT HAD TEETH! Carnage has ALWAYS been absent teeth! And considering that the rest of the art is great, i dont think it was just an artistic mistake. Maybe the symbiote spawned (a 2nd time???) and that was just some other random villian with a new symbiote suit and didnt know how to use it.

back on subject.... yeah, supes has heat vision.... heat + symbiote = bad....

jinzin
was it toxin? the carnage's offspring?
as far as carnage's speed maybe the human host causes the symbiote to slow down, i don't know, but they are that fast.

okay I'll go back and re-read the v vs. juggs comic, but I don't remember it saying he almost died, but i could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) But still he took a lot of punches from juggs and a few from the hulk without much of a problem, carnage (by symbiotic nature) is stronger than venom, thats not even debatable so i assume that he could take much more physical punishment ie punches from supes without being KOed.

i agree that venom shouldn't be able to beat superman, but it's not like superman ever faced anything like venom before so it isn't entirely inplausible that superman just didn't know how to combat venom, and yes I also agree venom punching superman into a bus was a bit ....well whack.....but,,,,i love that comic (lol), so i don't care, Venom beat superman, it wasn't "fan voted" and it wasn't "what if" it just...happened. just cause you don't like it, doesn't mean it didn't happen, and if you think crossovers are bull then you shouldn't be arguing in this thread cause that's what this thread is about.

yes, spiderman should be dead and probably would be if he didn't have the sonic hook ups and such from the fantastic four etc...but you also have to understand that carnage is crazy,,,and marvel would lose alot of money by killing off spidey.

and finally I realize that superman is blurs when he's moving fast but so are quicksilver and the flash, and venom trapped them..well pretty easily, or so it looked.

pr1983
jinzin, regardless of the crossovers result, it doesnt set a precedent when it comes to comic battles...

superman pushes planets, he flew to the centre of the sun ffs...

he killed doomsday...

carnage (while being extremely capable) just isnt on the same level as supes...

Scoobless
if carnage was loosing badly he could do what he did against the surfer and detach from kletus and attach to supes and merge with him (well the symbiote that is, not cassidy) then he could go on his biggest killing spree ever

MatchesMalone
That may happen if Superman was trying to talk sense to Carnage. But, if Superman was intent on taking Carnage out as soon as they saw each other, Carnage would be done in a second.

IRTMU-Dragon
The crossover was sufficient... Superman was weakened and so Venom was able to severely knock the crap out of him... But he was weakened by I think it was kryptonite... Dur.
Theres one ability the symbiote has that can kill basically anyone and thats the tendrilling ability... If Carnage were to stem off a small little stream of himself to go either into Supes ear, up his nose or through his mouth, the tendril could quickly get to his brainstem and kill him.

Question is, is Superman stronger internally also? Or is he just a rock hard shell with weak innards like every other human... But venom killed plenty a super powered villains by tendriling.

theflyxx
Carnage could've done that to Sentry in New Avengers, but he didn't and Sentry tore him in half.

And we all know that Sentry is basically just a ripoff of Superman.

Imagine what Superman would do.

IRTMU-Dragon
Carnage was really only super-powerful for his first few comics, marvel likes to do that with new characters to make everyone really excited about them and want to keep reading.

Carnage hasnt reallyt ever done a tendril, Venom has done it more... He did it to a woman once... but... that was... not to kill her...

Nataku8188
You DO know that Superman has HEAT vision... right?

Scoobless
we know he has heat vision, he may not know that carnage is sensitive to fire though and he normally doesn't lead with it

Napalm
superman would scarpe the red goo off the walls after killing him

Mainstream
I think Carnage has a shot..a small one though.

Napalm
If he ambused supes he mught win

theflyxx
Still, he most likely won't.

Quick Freeze
i think carnage will win
spidey can beat him because he knows him and his weaknesses.
superman would have no idea what to expect. everything carnage has is a surprise. webs, etc. he could ambush superman and beat the crap out of him. supes would hit him and send him flying. carnage would wrap his symbiote around a dead body. supes would think he won. and carnage would ambush him. make part of his symbiote through his nose to his brain and kill him

jinzin
lol....no i had no idea that supes has heat vision...or that carnage is suseptible to heat/flames etc......good thing you guys are here to straighten me out, I mean hell the only reason i know how to read is because of comics.......but please do go on and tell me more about these things that are practicially common knowledge when you're a geek like me,,,,,,,pfffft......yeah right, what kind of comic nerd do you think i am?

DarkCrawler
Superman is stronger, faster, more durable, smarter...

Carnage would go down in 2.35 seconds.

Webs wouldnt do an shit to Superman.

And Carnage wold be dead after that...if you take an hit from someone who has class 250000 strength you are going to die.

jinzin
ummmmm carnage doesn't have webs, don't talk smack about a comic character you know little to nothing about.

IRTMU-Dragon
I am a huge fan of symbiotes, love them, I think there the best things in all of comicdom... However... Superman can resist more than tank shells... and seeing as how Carnage does not have the real power strength wise to actually hurt superman when he punches him...

Anyways, Carnage doesnt have webs, he can turn his hand and body parts into weapons, hes very fast he can climb walls, he can jump high and hes a good fighter. I think Carnage is pretty bad ass, but honestly... against Superman its kinda silly, because Superman is like ultimately powerful.
Carnage just doesnt have the ability to resist anything from Superman, really Superman is so powerful against Carnage theres not much Carnage can do.
Id like to see superman with a Symbiote though.

jinzin
yeah but carnage has the tendrils, camoflauge, nightmare installation abilities, and all sorts of other crap, don't sell him short.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ya, I was the one who said he has tendrils, and I think weve come to the conclusion it takes time and sneakiness to use them, and that superman has rock hard insides as well as outsides.
He may be able to instill nightmares if he can put part of his symbiote over Kents head, but why would superman let this happen? He could tear through the symbiote.
I love symbiotes, im a huge fan, but dont get me wrong, superman is a little much.

IRTMU-Dragon
plus all the times venom has tendril'd somebody he has to stay very still and silent as it creeps along up into there ear or eye or nose or something.

jinzin
and you can tell based on the fact that comic are a "live action" artform right? Venom tendrilled the human torch, while he was fighting spiderman, (not much room for standing still if you ask me) And I really doubt that superman can tear the symbiote apart when he's got slivers of it going into his eyes, nose, mouth, and ears, carnage doesn't have to cover clarck's head just infiltrate it, and if batman's fast enough to punch superman's light's out, then the symbiote should be more than efficient for the task of sneaking into supe's head.

IRTMU-Dragon
Carnage is badass. Your small arguement has now convinced me that Carnage can beat superman, im sorry I just like symbiotes too much, a couple smacks of symbiote in his face and im sure Carnage could do some major damage...
Superman is strong, hes got awesome durability he can fly hes even got laser eyes, But against such a super-villain as a symbiote enhacned insane guy... Id like to see how long he can deal.

jinzin
was that sarcasm orrrrr.....?

IRTMU-Dragon
Nope. I love symbiotes too much.

theflyxx
Again, Superman would tear Carnage into pieces just like Sentry did.

Also, there's no way that Carnage is quicker or faster than Superman, nor would Superman be dumb enough to allow Carnage to get close enough for him to use his tendrils.

Superman could incinerate Carnage with his vision or freeze him with his breath. There's just too many ways for Superman to beat Carnage and not enough ways for Carnage to defend himself.

Superman wins.

jinzin
and just when the hell did superman have the time to read up on what powers/capibilites carnage has, what did he look on the back of carnage's collector cards for that information? pffft ridiculous.

shaber
Superman would fry Carnage at a glance... the only way Carnage would win is if he had some kryptonite or they were fighting by red sunlight.

theflyxx
The mere thought that Carnage can defeat Superman is ridiculous.

Why the hell would Superman let something looking like Carnage get close to him in the first place? Just look at Carnage. Superman doesn't need to read the back of a collector card to realize that Carnage is bad news. Superman isn't some stupid farmboy hick. You're selling Superman short.

And how can Carnage defend himself against Superman's various attacks?

Again, what Sentry (basically a Superman rip off) did to Carnage in New Avengers pretty much sums up what I think an encounter between Superman and Carnage would be like. No contest.

DarkCrawler
GOD. This is Superman! He has faced hundreds of enemies that are powerful then Carnage! You think he is going to just stand there when Carnage uses his tendrils. Superman can hear ants walking in New Zealand. How is Carnage going to "sneak on him".

Ironman
ok put it short in a diffrent universe the heros/villains get powerd up or powered down venom seeing how he beet up supes he got powered up now knowing carnage is venoms offspring carnage would get the b universe effect a power up. I got this info from the cross over when scarlet withch got almost god like powers!

NoFate007
As much as I'm against the "Superman is it" theory, which is why I always disrespected that character (they just made him too powerful, its ridiculous, why not give him regenerating limbs, telekinesis, sight into the future, invisibility and shape shifting abilities too and have everything covered?), and as much as I like Carnage, Superman gets the win.

Ironman
think more into it tho. plus are we alowed to bump a topic.

Tron
I'm pretty damn sure that was Carnage, especially with the book specifically saying that it WAS Carnage. And as for the teeth thing, you'd have to talk to the artist about that, but it IS Carnage.

derrick24
im going to hurt a lot of people feelings on this site but i think that the venom and superman fight made a lot of since. The reason why i say this is because superman isnt a fighter, he relies to much on his power, whereas venom fights everyday and has a fighting strategy. In that fight superman did his usual, fly at you and try to punch. Venom made him into a joke because to be honest superman dont have a strategy. Hes not a cosmic character he dont control matter or disperse electrons, he has simple powers, shoot out the eyes ice breath etc.. which is common. Venom owned superman because of his superior fighting ability. Give batman superstrenght he would beat the breaks off of superman. Superman has great powers but he needs to stay fighting people who just punch and shoot things, (which is what dc is all about about) Dc dont display perfect technique like marvel fighters does. Everybody is always talking about how superman will speedblitz somebody or throw them in space or in the sun, if he could do this he wouldnt have any enemeis. He is capable of doing that but the person he is fighting has to be a human in order to stand there and let someone pick you up and throw u in space. If you take away superman powers, it aint nothing special about him but venom, hes a fighter and his host is a fighter and i understand how superman lost that fight because he rely on brute strength and venom faces this everyday. To be honest i think wolverine would give superman a great fight to (if his claws could cut him) because wolverine is a strategist, with powers and razor sharp claws. If superman came to marvel to stay, he wouldnt be so great, he would literally get beat down on a regular basis because with dc theyre based off powers but marvel is based off fighting 1st (which what make comics interesting) then powers 2nd, thats how wolverine overcame lobo, hes a better fighter endowed with a healing factor and enhanced strength, and acute senses. Im not going to lye lobo is a lot more powerful than wolverine but dc is just sorry fighter and thats why they were demolished in the fights with marvel. Even spiderman beat the breaks off of superboy because of his superior fighting technique.
Let me give you 1 more example; do u remember when spiderman met superman and he wanted to know where mary jane was and lex luthor put a light that was powered by the red sun. Spiderman was beating superman down and superman couldnt believe it, he thought that spiderman had a strength increase from the last time they met. Superman couldnt land a blow on spiderman. Then lex cut the machine off and spiderman was no longer taking advantage but the point of the story is that spiderman was beating superman because of his superior fighting style. Superman needs to take some karate sessions and wolverine needs to be his teacher.

JWangSDC
I WISH all of what you said was true...but superman is still way too powerful for a lot of his opponents that it overwhelms their fightng ability. I didn't find the venom vs superman crossover THAT unbelievable... It did annoy me though. Superman should be able to do to Venom what sentry did to carnage.

Originally posted by derrick24
im going to hurt a lot of people feelings on this site but i think that the venom and superman fight made a lot of since. The reason why i say this is because superman isnt a fighter, he relies to much on his power, whereas venom fights everyday and has a fighting strategy. In that fight superman did his usual, fly at you and try to punch. Venom made him into a joke because to be honest superman dont have a strategy. Hes not a cosmic character he dont control matter or disperse electrons, he has simple powers, shoot out the eyes ice breath etc.. which is common. Venom owned superman because of his superior fighting ability. Give batman superstrenght he would beat the breaks off of superman. Superman has great powers but he needs to stay fighting people who just punch and shoot things, (which is what dc is all about about) Dc dont display perfect technique like marvel fighters does. Everybody is always talking about how superman will speedblitz somebody or throw them in space or in the sun, if he could do this he wouldnt have any enemeis. He is capable of doing that but the person he is fighting has to be a human in order to stand there and let someone pick you up and throw u in space. If you take away superman powers, it aint nothing special about him but venom, hes a fighter and his host is a fighter and i understand how superman lost that fight because he rely on brute strength and venom faces this everyday. To be honest i think wolverine would give superman a great fight to (if his claws could cut him) because wolverine is a strategist, with powers and razor sharp claws. If superman came to marvel to stay, he wouldnt be so great, he would literally get beat down on a regular basis because with dc theyre based off powers but marvel is based off fighting 1st (which what make comics interesting) then powers 2nd, thats how wolverine overcame lobo, hes a better fighter endowed with a healing factor and enhanced strength, and acute senses. Im not going to lye lobo is a lot more powerful than wolverine but dc is just sorry fighter and thats why they were demolished in the fights with marvel. Even spiderman beat the breaks off of superboy because of his superior fighting technique.
Let me give you 1 more example; do u remember when spiderman met superman and he wanted to know where mary jane was and lex luthor put a light that was powered by the red sun. Spiderman was beating superman down and superman couldnt believe it, he thought that spiderman had a strength increase from the last time they met. Superman couldnt land a blow on spiderman. Then lex cut the machine off and spiderman was no longer taking advantage but the point of the story is that spiderman was beating superman because of his superior fighting style. Superman needs to take some karate sessions and wolverine needs to be his teacher.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by JWangSDC
I WISH all of what you said was true...but superman is still way too powerful for a lot of his opponents that it overwhelms their fightng ability. I didn't find the venom vs superman crossover THAT unbelievable... It did annoy me though. Superman should be able to do to Venom what sentry did to carnage.

Yes he should, Well done Wanger big grin

jinzin
well in all fairness wolverine beat lobo because he had more fanboys while nobody knew who lobo was....... sorry to say I kind of understand where you got that theory....but you just asked for the crap storm to reign down upon you from a lot of these pissed off board members....good luck and god speed.

jinzin
"I WISH all of what you said was true...but superman is still way too powerful for a lot of his opponents that it overwhelms their fightng ability. I didn't find the venom vs superman crossover THAT unbelievable... It did annoy me though. Superman should be able to do to Venom what sentry did to carnage"

I just think that superman underestimated venom and with a power down...that wasn't a very smart idea.....but it does solidify my theory that superman is a walking peice of turd without his precious super strength at full.

derrick24
you all are correct superman is a great character but people make it where he could beat anybody, he cant. Thor would own superman because of his superior fighting style. Venom beat the breaks off of superman because of his superior fighting style but if the fight dragged out he could have won, due to heat vision and he wasnt toined down. Superman has a hard time with fighters, none of his enemies has no kind of fighting style, they do the same thing he does punch and kick with no technique.
Superman wont be able to do the same thing that sentry did, senty is more than superman in every area, including strength. Carnage will give superman a good fight, hate to say it but he would. Marvel is on a different level than dc, dc has the power that true but some of marvel best fighter stands up to cosmic level being all the time. This is superman strategy from all the comics i own; 1st he charges you and tries to punch, then he gets up close and tries hand to hand (which hes not good in) then his heat vision and ice breathe is back up. Carnage will be going all out the entire fight, just like venom did when they fought. I would love to see superman come to marvel to stay, maybe some of his comics would sell then. 1st encounter with carnage superman gets the breaks beaten off of him. 2nd encounter he knows carnage weakness and exploit it.

black robb
unless the Carnage symbiote somehow latched onto Superman and took him over(which is probably impossible to his super dense skin)this isnt even a fight

jinzin
not impossible......eyes nose mouth ears.....etc..

derrick24
black robb youre crazy, you dont know comics

derrick24
superman dont have dense skin, in about everyone of his comics hes bleeding and have black eyes.

black robb
black robb youre crazy, you dont know comics i know comics fool and by the way jinzin even if he could get in one his body openings he'd probably shake him off before he went in with his super speed

yeah thats right i run these forums byatches!!!pimp

derrick24
answer this question for me if you think the wolverine and lobo fight wasnt accurate. Why did dc and marvel pitt them together to be voted on. Why did they fight in the 1st place. Do you want to know why because they knew that wolverine has the capabilities of beating lobo. Wolverine can beat lobo just like lobo can beat wolverine, no matter if it was fan voted are not if dc and marvel didnt think that wolverine was a match for lobo they would have pitted him against a weaker foe.

derrick24
just like i said black robb you dont know comics. Carnage will give superman a good fight, superman isnt one of the best fighter out there, thats why he get owned by batman sometimes and wonderwomen because theyre better fighter. Superman will power keeps him from losing which makes him a great character but fighting a maniac with all kinds of powers of his own would take a great tole on superman ON THERE 1ST ENCOUNTER but after that superman will know his weakness and win.

black robb
just like i said black robb you dont know comics. Carnage will give superman a good fight, superman isnt one of the best fighter out there, thats why he get owned by batman sometimes and wonderwomen because theyre better fighter. Superman will power keeps him from losing which makes him a great character but fighting a maniac with all kinds of powers of his own would take a great tole on superman ON THERE 1ST ENCOUNTER but after that superman will know his weakness and win. good point but i still think that on their first battle Carnage would lose because he's nowhere near as strong as supes,his suit probably couldnt pierce him,and he's not invulnerable so his punches would probably demolish him.

as i said...I RUN THIS FORUM BIZNITCH!!!pimp

Nataku8188
The only way Carnage wins is if he does like he did to SS. Jump off Clete and onto Supes. Then we have ourselves a SuperCarnage.

black robb
Originally posted by Nataku8188
The only way Carnage wins is if he does like he did to SS. Jump off Clete and onto Supes. Then we have ourselves a SuperCarnage. would that even count as a win?

Nataku8188
Originally posted by black robb
would that even count as a win?

If you saw what the Carnage Cosmic did, then ya, it's definitly a win.

grey fox
oh yeah i saw that. Now that was kick ass

MERCILOUS
So how does the symbiot take over something without a regular anatomy?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
So how does the symbiot take over something without a regular anatomy?
I'm sure they just adapt. Especially if they're supposed to of been all over the universe or something to that nature.

MERCILOUS
So they can just take over heralds full of nothing but he power cosmic? Personally I don't get that one and just feel marvel !@#$ed up bad.

pr1983
Originally posted by grey fox
oh yeah i saw that. Now that was kick ass

possibly the dumbest thing i have ever seen...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
So they can just take over heralds full of nothing but he power cosmic? Personally I don't get that one and just feel marvel !@#$ed up bad.
As far as I know, Surfer has internal organs but doesn't eat or anything because of the power cosmic. Regardless, it was pretty bunk.

ZephroCarnelian
Sorry dudes...

Carnage does not stand a cat's chance in hell of pulling this one....

There's no way at all for Carnage to physically injure Superman.

Supes is invulnerable on the outside. So no luck there.

He's invulnerable on the inside - hence swallowing bombs etc. So no luck there either.

Nightmares? Supes has awesome willpower and a sense of logic that belittles most heroes. He'd overcome any hallucinations and rip Carnage off his head.

And if Carnage latches on to Supes, Supes just flies up and straight into the sun with symbiote in tow, lol.

black robb
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Sorry dudes...

Carnage does not stand a cat's chance in hell of pulling this one....

There's no way at all for Carnage to physically injure Superman.

Supes is invulnerable on the outside. So no luck there.

He's invulnerable on the inside - hence swallowing bombs etc. So no luck there either.

Nightmares? Supes has awesome willpower and a sense of logic that belittles most heroes. He'd overcome any hallucinations and rip Carnage off his head.

And if Carnage latches on to Supes, Supes just flies up and straight into the sun with symbiote in tow, lol. finally someone who got what i was saying

jinzin
"answer this question for me if you think the wolverine and lobo fight wasnt accurate. Why did dc and marvel pitt them together to be voted on. Why did they fight in the 1st place. Do you want to know why because they knew that wolverine has the capabilities of beating lobo. Wolverine can beat lobo just like lobo can beat wolverine, no matter if it was fan voted are not if dc and marvel didnt think that wolverine was a match for lobo they would have pitted him against a weaker foe."

well to be quite honest....i've asked myself this same question multiple times and can only think of one solid answer....stupidity....DC works on a level that in terms of sheer power is far and above that of the marvel one..this has been stated over and over and over again....my theory is that marvel obviously wanted wolverine to fight because he was popular as all hell....and the fans would be disgruntled if he didn't......DC in turn just plain didn't have anyone they could think of at the time that would have been well suited for a fight against logan......I think THIS because lobo is the only villain type character that was set against someone....all the other characters that fought in the fan voted fights (which I don't even think got justified by the votes to be honest) are heroes....the only other person who's remotely villain is catwoman and even then that's hella debateable.....DC just couldn't think of anyone else....although I think logan would have been more well suited against slade or azreal....and I stand by my theory that the only way logan could have beaten lobo with bone claws is with repetative punctures to his genitals....lol.

supe's involnerability is way overhyped on these forums.... he does bruise he does bleed and his forcefeild is nowhere near as strong as some people would have you blieve......the thing is carnage can break his symbiote down at a molecular level and send it across time and space from one tv to another in another state in about 20 seconds.....that's pretty damn impressive.....carnage is supposed to be twice that the strength of venom...venom's shown he's clearly in the 20 ton range carnage at least will be in the 40 ton range....spiderman at the ten to fifteen ton range has been able to stagger the hulk with his blows so carnage shouldn't fair too badly in h2h combat with supes.....venom's suit was able to take a barrage of Juggy blows while laughing at juggs...carnage's will be able to sustain much much more..... carnages symbiote can get the drop on the surfer and out (not run...but whatever it does.....float maybe) a speeding bullet sarting from ten feet behind. the nightmares it produces are more than suficient enough to sustain clark some major psychological damage.....has superman has shown a large bit of weakness to mental attacks despite his wit and intelligence.....carnage can definitely take him over if poision ivy can.... the hardness of his insides weren't helping him any when venom began to tendril his ass.....carnage can do the same.

HOWEVER..........................................................................................

.........................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................

heat vision.

MERCILOUS
Wait what? Wolverine had bone claws at the time? For some reason I was under the impression that it was adamantium skeleton Wolvie. Now I don't agree with your theory again jinzin.

Any way I think people are forgetting that Supes is far faster than Carnage, that plus the heat vision alone does it for me. I just don't care what he did to SS, I just don't beleive it.

jinzin
yeah but these were more powerful claws than his puny adamantium ones......they were fan voted bone claws buddy....the same one's that dug into thanos with ease.....lol....that's why I said he would of had to be punching lobo in the balls with them.....if he had amantium I'm sure he could have easily cut through lobo's skin.....bullets have done so before....that aside...even with bone wolive was able to penetrate the hulks genetalia so I think he could do the same to lobo....(i'm starting to get uncomfortable)

"I just don't beleive it."

but.....it happened.......it wa actually decently written...it got the drop on ss before he could react...it didn't spring for him in the open...

MERCILOUS
Well fan voted claws are pretty powerful...

... but I mean, even Lobo ripped in half would whip on Wolvie. Ahhhh, whatever! talking about it urks me.

So the SS moving and thinking at light speed is wrong to eh (I have no stake in that one I've just seen it alot lately)? What about SS's "cosmic awareness?" And again on his anatomy, did it change recently? All i hear is that he's just filled with the power cosmic and no organs, and if this is true, a symbiote can just take over a mind made entirely out of the power cosmic?

jinzin
all great questions......all questions I'm not capible of answering...sorry man....most of my comic savvy and nerd strengths lie in the street level guys.....not too into the cosmic stuff....but it's possible the symbiote adapted to his cosmic awareness......like it did to sm's spidey sense.....also....he still hs to have a brain though right? if that's the case the symbiote could take him over....and if he though and reacted at light speed hulk wouldn't be able to hit him or get his mitts on him.

MERCILOUS
Well if his liver is made out of the power cosmic I really don't see why his brain wouldn't be.

On the acting and moving at light speeds i wasn't buying it either (but alot of people have been spouting that lately.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.