My mouse goes crazy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Randomly, my mouse will start going bezerk and shoot back and foward across the screen, opening and closing things even though I'm not doing anything. It usually happens when I'm dragging the scroll bar down the page, so to make sure it doesn't happen again I just click on the arrow but it still happens.

It's such a b!tch that I have to restart my computer, anyone know what the problem is?

Frosty Beverage
virus.

BlackC@t
Nope, AVG picks up nothing.

yerssot
first off, clean your mouse to make sure no dirt is interrupting (if someone feels the need to comment, remember this is a PG13 board), check the sensitivity you set in for your mouse and if you have a mouse with a cord, check if it bumps into anything or not.

and update your AVG and run it, you might have a trojan

dave123
i've seen this once, but I doubt it's your problem...

sometimes, you'll click on things, and nothing will happen... and you'll try to close things, and nothing will happen....

and then after a while, the effects will take places, and that could be what you're seeing

but i recommend you check all your ports, and try other virus checkers yes

yerssot
you mean dave, that the pc is doing too much at the same time?

dave123
well it was on my school computers, which are extreme shite...

and it spent about a minute doing things I'd done 5 minutes before it confused

Raz
Check your mouse cable, it is more than likely damaged.

BlackC@t
Should I buy a new mouse?

yerssot
or a new cord, depending on what you use

Raz
That would be advisable, yes.

Dexx
laughing out loud
maybe it's an optical..tool stick out tongue

yerssot
look closely then wink

radioboy121
I don't think it's a virus. I've seen this happen numerous cases before, but it is usually in correlation with the "third button" or the scroll button that is available on most modern mouse devices. Try pressing that button when this happens and sees if it ceases.

Napalm
You should probally get it a rabies shot

BlackC@t
Right............no expression

Cuthy
First off its really really annoying having to sign up for a board with this retarded mouse doing what its doing and secondly writing the reply to this thread is equally annoying, i seem to be having the same problem as you guys with a slight variation.

Its not a virus as far as i can tell as I've ran AVG, Spybot, Norton...various others and still come up with nothing. My optical mouse (yes thats right kids its optical) is going scatty whenever I'm in a maximumised window actually now that i think about it it happens other times too but more so when its maxed...it decides to only want to go up to the top left of the screen and hover around the File/Edit menu's while jumping between them and occasionally below them...this wasn't happening last night and it hasn't happened since i shot my last mouse.

I like to think I'm not a Complete tard when it comes to computers but this is driving me crazy because now I'm thinking Ive just created this problem myself and I'm now looking to others for an explanation because it sounds like you are having the same issues...mouse issues not mental issues.

I am at a loss for an explanation of this erratic behaviour please help me or ill shoot it and have to Tab everything...please help. please.

help meh sad

if you need more info Ask in a post and ill check back in about a couple of days...or whenever i get a pm or what-have-you.

p.s. Suck my banana Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.