The making of a Star Wars audiobook video

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Downloading it now

caption reads

Hyperspace members are the first to see a new video documentary from Random House Audio that goes inside their forthcoming Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Audiobook. Fans who enjoy a bit of music and sound effects to enhance the spoken word can now see the artistry that goes into the making of this unique artform.

"Because there's no visuals," explains mixing engineer Paul Goodrich, "the listener is able to create this wonderful universe in their head. You're able to create something in your imagination much bigger and perhaps in some ways better than you're going to see it in the film."

For fans who have not yet ventured into the world of audiobooks, this featurette serves as a fascinating first step into a larger world. Discover how the talented artists at Random House Audio are creating drama for the mind's eye.

LandoSpeeder
Sounds interesting.

Mempho76
Cool. Thanks JP.

Sith Master X
Interesting.

ExecuteR
how mauch time?

Jedi Priestess
Yeah good luck kids..............its not savable using QT Pro.

LandoSpeeder
Not even scramba could give us this one? sad

Jedi Priestess
IF he can save from his browser temp files he can, maybe.

theshakl
come again..what is this?

PTGrievous
Please oh please
USE SOUND RECORDER AND PLEAAAAAASE RECORD THE GRIEVOUS LINE FOR ME!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

POOTtheMONK
I can't wait to hear it. *prays Scramba can DL it*

PTGrievous
Of course scramba can, he's invincible!
But I -NEED- to hear that Grievous line!!!
:O :O :O

LandoSpeeder
He did get the extra large trailer for us and you couldn't save it with QT pro either. When he comes around he should be able to.

::SS::

MC John 117
SUUUUUUUURE there, "SS".....stick out tongue

Grievous_90210
hey douche bag stop being a douche bag What the f**k?

jedijunky1138
Hey 90210 Cool sig! Did you do that your self?
never mind I see that Obi one did it

pika122689
Cool, I hope scramba uploads this one. It'd be much appreciated. smile

scramba2000
downloadings the easy part, uploading is the hard part. uploading to yousendit.com. File is 25.2 mb.

theshakl
Yey! SCRAMBA!

PTGrievous
Thanks Scramba, you're the best big grin

scramba2000
http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0NUEJZUCLHZVI0MNTCB9EEJ696

pika122689
Thank you scramba! <3

Downloading now, I'll upload it as soon as it finishes.

theshakl
i think there is something wrong with the video...

Jedi Priestess
It has problems theshakl.......took me forever to get the bloody thing off of HS myself. Just keep working with it and it should run thru right eventually.

pika122689
http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2J7NVB07X9XWO2LV0Z6YG4B5YT

darthvinss
thx pika, gonna watch it ! smile

sasa
Thnx scramba~! Really cool...

jedijunky1138
That dude sounds exactly like Obi-Wan. He does a great Palpatine also. The GG voice is cool but I hope they leave out the part about the cosmetics and mirror. That stuff is too Earthly if you know what I mean.

BAILY
The video is buggered up on mine too. Damn it all..... mad This is actually a cool video... I like it.

sasa
Yup..me 2... any idea how to fix it??

Snakebyte
thx scramba & pika!

Torik_Shai
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far bbbbzzzzzttttttt..."

Mine's messed up too, unless that's what the guy actually says.

rogue21579
I found if you start it about 11 seconds afterward that it will play fine.

CG-Realms
If you have problems like I did, notes where the video cuts out, and click to about three seconds after that point and click play. The rest should play fine.

LandoSpeeder
Downloading it now.

Thanks scramba and pika

LandoSpeeder
Doesn't work for me.

lucasfilm
LMAOROFL!!!!!!!! what THE hell? cosmetics!!!!!!!!1 hahah man.. im scared now Of grievous.. although it is sorta funny, (politics), i dont think that should be in the script! prolly one of the worst starwars lines EVVAVAVARRARRRRR!!!

"WHAT A PIECE A JU-UNK!

Eleonora
New link, please, please weep

BAILY
Here is a new link Eleonora, but the video on the original links posted freeze up at certain points. Sorry for that... but there isnt a better copy out there right now.....

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BZUFC4DDUFZV080W1B4C4QNJV

Snakebyte
the trick with the 11 seconds works for me, but you dont miss anything if you get no video. Just the speakers and no e3 image (not 1).
the shown dialogue scripts are from sw books and not from the e3 script...

so donty worry. big grin

Eleonora
Thank you Baily as always

Eleonora
Damn, damn, damn. Eveything stops after 1 min and the application is closed. doesn't work dammit! sorry, I needed a little outburst.

maboy
Ok, to see the whole thing, what I do is play the file normally, but as soon as I get close to that 11th second, I minimize the quicktime window until I hear the sound again, it should play straight to the almost end with no problems, I say almost because 20 seconds before it ends the file crashes and closes, so I repeat the operation at the beginning in this part

Lord-Qel-Droma
h**p://personal.auna.com/jesuscreation/starwarsaudiobookpirated.avi

Download it!!
laughing

Général Grievou
link

guiro72
does the version in the new link have the same errors?....

DarkBorregus2
no copy my link to foro imperial

Link downloaded to Foro Imperial:

http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?id=550247

byte

Lord-Qel-Droma
h**p://personal.auna.com/jesuscreation/starwarsaudiobookpirate.avi

or

h**p://personal.auna.com/jesuscreation/

smokin'

DarkBorregus2

BAILY
If anyone has a clean, not crap version of this, can they post a link please.... all the one;s I have seen freeze up at the beginning..

Obi-OneManShow
Yeah please repost, preferably the quicktime version, thx

fezster
could someone plzzz post another working link???

Xam
can some1 please repost i wasent able to be here last nigth!thanks

Obi-OneManShow
C'mon, cut us some slack, Jack!
Someone plzzzzz repost!

Solar Flare
Kind of messed up, some people were saying how you could get around wen it freezes, but I couldn't figure it out. I'm uploading it anyway for you peeps anyway.

btw Obi-OneManShow, your sig is hilarious.

Solar Flare
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=FA943E207603044C9AB63904AEB532AF

Obi-OneManShow
Thanx a bunch, Solar Flare, I appreciate the effort. Too bad for the lock-up in the beginning of the file. Is only the file circulating here infected, or do Hyperspace members get the same? (If someone has a clean one, please repost)

Also, is this supposed to be a new webdoc? If yes, are they making a style change towards promoting different licencees or something? Like we would get closer looks at the making of action figures or comics next... would be cool.
I noticed the file is named 15_320.mov, the last webdoc was 13 (10 Gallons of Buildings, the "lave" one), what happened to 14? Or is this a one-off extra, apart from the webdocs?

Also, how many more webdocs are coming? Does the pope wear a funny hat? Can you spank a seamonkey? Did the bear shit on Goldilocks? What do you add to powdered water?

Solar Flare
Your welcome.

It's not a webdoc. scramba posted it b/c no one could save it even with QT pro, but scramba has his ways. So we all have the same bugged up version.

I think their are 17 webdocs.

bILLYgOAT
thanks

rogue21579
Here is a trick that works for me:

What I would do is first open the file. I would not play it yet, but I would grab the middle cursor and advance it (without playing it) If you see that the film is not advancing or staying black. Close it and try again. This may take many trys but keep trying. If you do finally get the images scrolling. Place the cursor about 15 or 20 seconds afterward (you don't miss much) and then hit play. Make sure the cursor does not go past the 10-14 second mark or it will freeze.
- this should work for you

rogue21579
oops! not necessarily the middle cursor. But the cursor that allows you to advance the film. Move it fast over that 10-14 second mark or it will freeze.

Solar Flare
Thanks a bunch rogue21579 finally figured out how to watch the whole thing. big grin

Solar Flare
This might be a little less confusing, but take the courser and move it to the six second point, then while you have not let go of the courser, zoom it up to the end of the video. then just take it back to the 20 second point and you should be able to watch the whole thing.

Eleonora
My download stops after a few minutes :-(

Solar Flare
Link doesn't work now anyway, I'll upload another one later if no one else does.

Morridini
Anyone got a link to a fully working version? Not the one which has already been posted.

LandoSpeeder2
It does fully work if you do it right.

Eleonora
It's useless for me, it only downloads about 3.00 mb and that's it. :-(

Morridini

LandoSpeeder2
take the courser and move it to the six or seven second point (doesn't matter which of those two second points), then while you have not let go of the courser, zoom it up to the end of the video. then just take it back to the 20 second point and you should be able to watch the whole thing.

Morridini
But still, it would be better if someone could get a fully functioning version.

JKozzy
This is up on the OS... seems to be about making the audiobook. Anyone have any info on it?

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8617/audiobook5vf.jpg

Probably getting this instead of the webdoc. I, for one, don't mind. This could be cool.

tlbauerle
Oh crap...I bet we are getting this instead of a webdoc...

lucasfilm
OMG NOOOOOOO I WANT THE WEBDOOOOC!!!!

rogue21579
No.. don't worry... that was up on SW.com last month... I think... Its old.

JKozzy
Not the video.

Matafaka
yes it is old....really old wink

BAILY
This is super old shit guys dont worry.... Webdoc is coming... I can feel it

JKozzy
I never saw any video on making it blink

prod_
yeah...I think this is old...

I think I saw it...

JKozzy
Ah, crap.. my bad...

Well, since we're on the subject, anyone got a link to this video? erm

mandalorian_war
thats old as balls

tlbauerle
Damnit...I never saw that...give it up...let me see this too....

BAILY
the links originally were buggered.... bc no one could save a clean copy of it.. can anyone save a clean copy for us??

JKozzy
Matafaka, any links for the teen with senior moments? I never saw it sad stick out tongue

Matafaka
http://www.slotrepair.net/audiobook.mov

JKozzy
Many, many thanks Matafaka, and sorry about the fuss, hopefully it'll get merged soon.

Matafaka

Sadako of Girth
Cheers Mata.....!!! wink

JKozzy
Actually, that version screwed up too... did you just link that, or was it a direct download from HS? Stopped around the minute mark erm

Matafaka
thats the only version what i have sad .....i dont know whats wrong with that...but just jump over that part when it stop..rest of the video should work wink

JKozzy
Heh, 'k. I'm not being picky, trust me stick out tongue

tlbauerle
right on, thanks!

Matafaka

JKozzy
Alright, thanks big grin big grin

Matafaka
here you can download it smile

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2IIC2M4NQI8UB1GP4EH4TC1V5B

JKozzy
Many thanks, again! big grin

TheForceSupreme
Thank you for the link up, Mata. wink

CinematicESP
This is an interesting line... "You're about to make an unscheduled appearance on the Holonet, Chancellor. I apologize for not providing a mirror, hairbrush and cosmetics so that you might at least camouflage some of your fear." Could it be Grievous talking? It turns mechanized in the middle of it. May not be in the film, but sounds kinda like something Grievous might say, after hearing him in the Clone Wars cartoon. It could be a very ironic line if Palpatine is indeed "camouflaging" his fearsome Sith appearance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.