Prequels of the Prequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CHOSEN1
With all this talk of there should be sequels to the original trilogy.
In my opinion there should be more prequels, some which are set before the current prequels and some after the current prequels.

What do you guys think?

ctsketch
No.

Stunrun
No. The Star Wars Saga is strictly about Anakin Skywalker's rise and fall. Anymore movies would be completley pointless to the story

CHOSEN1
Why not?

I think it would be very interesting to find out about a youger palpatine, qui-gon, mace windu, etc. Especially as count dooku is qui-gons master.
Plus it would be a good enough reason to make prequels to the prequels just so we could see darth maul again on the screen.

Stunrun
but like i said, Anakin is the main character. Without him, there is no story, let the EU take care of thatyes

CHOSEN1
you could show the birth of anakin, (not literally) laughing

but you know how the immaculate conception came about.

Not have start off with some 10 year old boy who qui-gon thinks is the chosen one.

jango fatt
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

.:Space Opera:.
that would suck balls

Ushgarak
If anything, TPM WAS a pre-prequel.

Stunrun
True

yeah set up wise it was.

DARTH DADDY
I think we should just wait and see how GL ties EP3 to EP4. It's sounds like they tie into each other very well. I would rather see, if GL makes anymore, what happens after EP6. Another rise of the Sith and how the new breed of Jedi handle it. I think it's just hard for some of us to see an end to the Saga.

Sith Master X
As much as I hate to say it, no more SW after ROTS!

ArthasKnight
Main character=Anakin=Star Wars
Other character=not Anakin=not Star wars

main character=luke?=not star wars?

Arsenal
I would like to see Luke as a Jedi Master in episodes 6-9 but I doubt they'll be made.

Echuu
It would be interesting to see more of palpatine and cooku and qui-gon in action; but I also say no.

zavin
maybe we'll see some of it on the tv show

PVS
i would like to see the story of the old republic in the tv series perhaps...but nothing that directly ties in with the saga character wise.

knights of the old republic: the TV SHOW!

edit

Arsenal
Yeah Genndy should take that up.

genndy is a rich man. i should pitch it to lucas.

Arsenal
Yeah you should get alot of people to that would be a cool series.

Jedi Priestess
Can you guys please take all this EU talk and move to that section??

§pearhead
Personally, I think post-Endor would be much more interesting, as we already know more or less what happens in the prequels...

Jedi-Knight 8k2
In My opinion The Star Wars saga is about Anakin Skywalker and
it creates a very vast Expanded Universe and the books and comics
will always be there along with everything else but with arival of Revenge of the Sith the saga will be complete.

bilbofett
No No & NO! It's bad enough that one of our villians is getting 'a softer side' here, I do NOT wanna see what happened to Palpatine to make him evil. I like my villians the old fashioned way...Why are they evil? JUST BECAUSE THATS HOW THEY ARE!

And I'm with PVS on this one....if they do a TV show, fine, just so long as it does not mess with any majors characters from the saga. There is more than enough stuff to make a show out of without including the movies.

Xam
the idea is great,yoda training dooku,finding ob1,dooku training qui gon!

Phoenix2001
IMHO, I don't think they should make any pre-prequels, because for one, what skywalker would take the place of the main character this time? Let's face it, without either Anakin or Luke, Starwars would be nothing.

ArthasKnight
What I meant was the the movies focus on Anakin. Now that he's dead we don't need more movies. And none of this before TPM stuff either, we don't really need to know why Mace Windu's hair fell out or something.

bILLYgOAT
it would have been nice if GL had filled in the story of the Anakin/Christ birth
a little bit better.

Ogami Itto
I think they should make a trilogy (or one movie) when the Sith were plentiful and at the end we basicly have the sith being almost wiped out in a MASSIVE Battle Space battle and a "Braveheart with lightsabers" Land battle with the jedi! I can almost see the hundreds of thousands of lightsabers going mental on the Sith homeworld! cauterised limbs everywhere, lightning, "force jumps", female jedi/sith warriors, dual sabers a seperate personal duel between the main Villain/hero goin on at the same time! ooh yeah!!!

bILLYgOAT
that would be nice smile

smoker4
Braveheart with lightsabers? i'd buy that for a dollar!!!!! smokin'

bilbofett
Read the VF article, it explains it a bit more. It has more to do with Joeseph Campbell than the Bible....

Ogami Itto
Yeah that part should last at least an hour!!! any time period would be okay tho . i liked the bit in AOTC when the jedi are rushing in to do battle in the arena, but their opponents were droids and geonosians. i love any lightsaber action ! i guess thousands of Dark jedi would do ! its just a thought id always had watching the OT as a kid, loads of Sith and Jedi fighting in an epic battle. somone posted something about showing a younger Yoda in a prequel! i Think that would be cool as well ! Yoda in his prime nailing Dark Jedi !!

Torik_Shai
I too will have to say no. They have the EU for a reason: they continue the stories of the films. There are already books about Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Dooku when they were younger. And there are PLENTY of novels covering the period after RotJ.

Ushgarak
Not possible in any circumstance- the Sith pre-date Yoda by more than a century.

Snakebyte
ok, then let yodas daddy do the work. big grin

Ogami Itto
Not possible in any circumstance- the Sith pre-date Yoda by more than a century

I meant in Yoda in his prime as a seperate prequal film. The Epic Braveheart thing was a seprerate idea! sorry if i wasn't clear enough as im knew to this !! (NOOBIE!"
thats what i was meaning Yoda would have to fight Dark Jedi as the Sith are still in seclusion til TPM ! still would b cool tho

Echuu
Isn't that what the prequels are about? Anakin's softer side; How GL said we'd all feel sorry for him.
And then of course the fall, but the movies still show his softer side.

Batman316
they show his Human side.

Ogami Itto
There should've bin 20 mins at the start of TPM showing how Anakin fell!!!! then the rest of the PT could have bin "Darthmania" IMHO

Batman316
bah! just rewatch the OT a few times for "Darthmania"

Ogami Itto
its not good enough!!!! i want him jumping flipping choking slicing dicing powerful jedi mwahahahah!!

NO!

Ogami Itto
Awwww ( bottom lip falls down)

he a machine and doesnt have the power to be flipping around. he can only do so much in that suit you know.

Ogami Itto
Thats a valid point! but he's supposed to be the chosen one y'know i suppose we should be grateful he managed to fly down that steps at Luke in ESB! thats still cool today in my book! i would be happy if he just walked around slicin and dicin then!!

dmndleader
AHHHHH, why is this thread still open? Also, that dumb one with the "what if....." CRAP! Please close this.

DarthVader
Close this thread it is gay!!!!

Ogami Itto
why is it Homosexual??? please explain...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.