EU Literature Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

.:Space Opera:.
I would really like to get involved in EU literature. So I ask: What are your favorite books and why? I like PQ stuff is there any good literature on this?

yerssot
I believe the standard responce would be the Heir of the Empire-trilogy smile

MC John 117
Well, here's a list of my favourites, (sans the Heir to the Empire Trilogy because yerssot mentioned it):
Splinter of the Mind's Eye - A look at the original sequel to Star Wars, and a look at the inspirations for planets, peoples, and plot twists throughout the rest of the movie series.
Tales of the Bounty Hunters - Short, simple, and fun.
Shadow's of the Empire - Action-packed, somewhat cryptic, and somewhat disturbing (sexually).
Spectre of the Past, & Vision of the Future - By Zahn, a follow up on the Heir to the Empire Trilogy, with a twisting and a cryptic plot-line.
Vector Prime - Sad. Chewie dies, Republic invaded. *Cries*
Star by Star - A Solo child dies. *Cries*

That's about it.....atleast, those are my FAVOURITES out of the entire EU....

yerssot
how can you like SOTME??? that last action-sequence is SO unbelievable!

MC John 117
Meh.
Lucas used a bunch of ideas from it, (Mimban = Dagobah minus the Kaiburr crystal; Vader loosing arm; etc....)....
stick out tongue

are any of those prequel era?

MC John 117
Nope. I haven't really read a good prequel-era book, 'cept Rogue Planet and that one with MAce.....

yerssot
he already had it before Splinter, though MCJ stick out tongue

SO... the prequel era, is mostly seperate books though, you might wanna check the bookstore, there are some Clone War Novels out now

MC John 117
He did? Yeah, my @$$, he just want's all the fame for Star Wars....

Anyways....

yerssot
he did create it though

MC John 117
Yeah, but he never seems to give credit to ANYONE else. HE thought of this. HE thought of that. Etc., etc.

yerssot
and HE got the money wink

MC John 117
It all comes full circle....stick out tongue

and HE created that DAMN hyperspace!

MC John 117
stick out tongue
I HATE hyperspace....

money maker/raper

MC John 117
Lol.....

RANDOM QUOTE:
"We're going to die, damn it! I don't want to die!"
Luke looked at him long and hard, and he said softly: "No one wants to die, Ruu, but it is our destiny-each of us. If the Republic is to live-then we must die, and fade, and the Force must become but a whisper to the ear of the citizen."

§pearhead
The Thrawn Trilogy and the little Thrawn Clone duology are great reads, as is the entire X-Wing series (except maybe the last one...it's kinda weird). The Bounty Hunter series is pretty decent, might I add, but the style in which they're written is...well, weird. It's hard to explain.

I try to avoid the Yuuzhan Vong (sp?) stuff, it's really absurd if you think about it.

MC John 117
K.W. Jeter ruined those characters.

smoker4
SOTE is good, splinter not so good or better yet crap, bounty hunter wars was good(better when boba fett was a mystery), i never liked him going out like that in ROTJ.. Zahn's book are probably the best although andersons stuff isnt bad either!

Yuuzhan Vong is lame

ARC Trooper 117
I liked Vector Prime....
Why does everbody hate Splinter? confused
Shadows is my FAVOURITE book though, along with Tales of the Bounty Hunters.....

smoker4
Reading splinter is nearly as bad as having one! Shadows is up there though Xizor is tha boss

ARC Trooper 117
stick out tongue
I love how eeryone disses up Splinter.....thank God GL used ESB instead.....

smoker4
Yeah imagine splinter as episode V, the franchise would have gone **** up! sick smokin'

ARC Trooper 117
smokin'

Delfedd
Lucas did make up the kabur crystal. It was originaly where the force came from/

smoker4
Its still crap though!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.