Thor vs. Nimrod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
balloonThis would be a good fight. Juggernaut almost lost to him but what Thor lacks in invulnerability he makes up for in offense.
Once Nimrod teleports to safety though; and i think he can escape by going through time, Thor can't follow him.
Nimrod may be a god's worst nightmare. He has the capability to eviscerate more of the body than a god can regenerate.
Thor may take the battle but Nimrod wins the war.
shaun bunny

norrin radd

radioboy121
Nimrod came from a future where super powered beings, regardless of whether they were mutants or not were taken down. Thor has been a long standing Avenger, so unless he was doing a Yoda and hiding on another planet during the Sentinel takeover, he would in most likelihood have been taken down too. Nimrod will win this fight as it was built to accomodate against any familiar foe in their database, exempting anomalies.

norrin radd
cool

norrin radd

radioboy121
I doubt Magneto, despite his ferocity would do any good. He was in the encampment crippled, so he was also taken down. Remember the Jean's (Phoenix) own tombstone was shown at the cemetery, so that's a great feat. The real Jean once had a dream of both of her "said" children Cable and Rachel were scolding her, and she plainfully acknowledges to them that Cable as Madelyne's, and Rachel from her Phoenix clone.

If you are thinking "didn't Rachel inherit the phoenix," I prophesized her version was not the same, since when she temporarily gained the powers of Beyonder in one issue later on, she said something like "so this is what my mother must have felt like."

KillAll
hmmm, thor is versatile, but nimrod seems like he has an unlimited amount of energy... nimrods only weakness seems to be scanning and fighting multiple opponents...

i dunno, i'll have to get back on this one, cant really make a decision right now.

Ironmanpower
Really close fight but i have to go with my mind and give Nimrod a victory. For what i know of him, Nimrod will win all 1 vs 1 combat against almost every hero. But really close fight.

Scoobless
thor almost always holds back against mortal opponents but when he get's really pissed off he uses all his strength so i thikn he'd take nimrod out and if punching him a lot didn't work he can use the old "anti-force" energy blast thing from the hammer

Mider
Nimrod is basically indistructable he can make shields and read minds and use the fear of the opponent against them and even if he is distroyed he comes back together almost instantly he is the ultimate sentinal barely anyone survives a battle with him even the juggernaut had problems with him cause of Nimrods mental powers. He is basically like Ultron sept no adimantium but other then that he is probably an equal sept for the matter manipulator but you never know maybe nimbrod has one too O.o

demigawd
Just as a note of correction - Magneto wasn't taken down by Nimrod specifically. It was part of a big Sentinel attack. He tried to save Kitty and dropped his guard in the process. Magneto should be able to defeat Nimrod, assuming he takes him down fast enough for Nimrod to avoid evolving counter-measures against Mags.

As for Thor vs. Nimrod, this is a really good fight. Mider made a valid comparison between Ultron and Nimrod, but I think Nimrod has dozens of powers that can be a lot more subtle. I don't think he can generate the power necessary to physically destroy Thor (which would require the power of several nukes), but he has enough tools to knock Thor out, maybe scrambing his insides. I'm not sure Thor can do anything that Nimrod can't adapt to. Even thowing him into another dimension.

Nimrod reminds me a bit of Harbinger.

KillAll
i doubt magneto would be able to take nimrod wink have they ever had a run in with each other??? even if they have... who is more likely to win between the 2??? probably nimrod. i doubt he can be influenced (magnetically) from outside forces... even so i'm sure he could compensate ON THE BATTLEFIELD to deal with it. hes too much machine for magneto.

i agree with most of this, besides the "several nukes" part... unless you are talking about extremely extremely small nuclear weapons.

also, you dont think thor can do anything that nimrod cant adapt to, but you think magneto can??? i find that highly suspect considering thors versatility is high also.

demigawd
I don't think they've ever had a run-in. But Magneto finally got around the "ceramic" Sentinels by looking "through" it and disrupting the circuitry. He correctly postulated that no machine can run without a conductor for sending 0s and 1s. Those must be delivered electrically, and he harnessed that to disrupt its programming. That same concept would work against Nimrod. But, like I said, he'd have to strike fast and take him out immediately before he adapts.

Thor has survived a nuke going off before. So I assume it would take more than one.

It's not so much that I'm saying that Magneto is more versitile. It's more that the nature of Magneto's power is such that he could exert more destructive influence on Nimrod faster than Thor can. Thor would be all, "Hold ye, vile creature, lest thou feeleth the might of Mjolnir". Then he'd proceed to try to hammer Nimrod to death, and blah blah blah, which just makes it more likely that Nimrod would take Thor out. If Thor cuts loose with some disintegrating blast to start with, then he'd win.

The key in both cases is that you'd have to take out Nimrod IMMEDIATELY. Magneto can do it because it's more his style. Thor...not so much.

muffin man
THOR. God of thunder.

psycho gundam
bump

The Nuul
Thor

SoulDevourer
respect 4 Thor but hes outa his league : Nimrod can adapt, period stick out tongue

Hyperion Prime
Nimrod takes him. I don't know about current Thor. I think Nimrod would stablemate current Thor.

Kris Blaze
Thor killed the android created by Galactus, I doubt Nimrod will fare much better.

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Nimrod takes him. I don't know about current Thor. I think Nimrod would stablemate current Thor.

lmfao.

leonidas
classic thor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
respect 4 Thor but hes outa his league : Nimrod can adapt, period stick out tongue

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

Lulz.

Thor being out of his league, and Nimrod stalemating Current Thor, really make me laugh.

Classic Thor wins.

Raptor22
isnt nimrod weak against elemental attacks such as lightning and extreme cold and thor being the god of thunder and lightning shouldn't that give him a huge advantage

Survivor19
I suppose Nimrod will have some wins, but not the majority. He isn't tanking God Blast after all...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Survivor19
I suppose Nimrod will have some wins, but not the majority. He isn't tanking God Blast after all...

Common....

He can't tank a regular hammer throw.

Lord Feron
Thor, I doubt that Nimrod can handle his more exotic abilities. If he tries and punch and kick nimrod to death then yeah maybe he might lose. Then again hammer throw would cause a shit ton of damage.

Anyway A few lighting bolts that seriously hurt herald level guys and energy absorbtion and redirection. I mean Thor has a bunch of versitility along with the power to back it up so i'm giving my vote to THOR!

Stunner2xx
so what he cant take a hammer throw
he just reassembles
....then what?

i dont see anything keepign nimrod down for good.
nimrod takes this then eats his hammer cuz it tastes good.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Stunner2xx
so what he cant take a hammer throw
he just reassembles
....then what?

i dont see anything keepign nimrod down for good.
nimrod takes this then eats his hammer cuz it tastes good.

Thor has destroyed/ disingrated both adamantium and Vibratinum Nimrod is not coming back from that.

KillAll
thor hasnt every damaged real adamantium... vibranium either that i recall.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by KillAll
thor hasnt every damaged real adamantium... vibranium either that i recall.

Caps shield and Logans bones during the reigning arc.

Granted it did take place in the furture but The furture Thor traveled back in time to his younger self and combine with him if i remember correctly

KillAll
was that cannon?

Enyalus
He bent adamantium, and yes, blast through Cap's vibranium/steel shield alloy.

stormultt
thor trashes nimrod..then for the 1 millionth time claims his title as the gawd of thundahh!!....ahh w/e he wins..

Enyalus
Very cool sig, Storm.

The Nuul
Current Thor is depowered. We dont know what he can or cannot do now.

Before this he stomps, Classic Thor is a much better fight.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Nuul
Current Thor is depowered. We dont know what he can or cannot do now..
Current Thor is weakened because he hasn't been able to enter the Odinsleep. We'd still use full capacity Current (Odinforce) Thor by rules, I would imagine.

psycho gundam
and it only takes odin one earth day's time to recharge, kmc battles use characters while they're healthy unless stated otherwise.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and it only takes odin one earth day's time to recharge, kmc battles use characters while they're healthy unless stated otherwise.
That's because Odin sleeps with his Depends on.

iceman24567
Thor's hammer is also fugged up

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Enyalus
Current Thor is weakened because he hasn't been able to enter the Odinsleep. We'd still use full capacity Current (Odinforce) Thor by rules, I would imagine.

I thought he was weaken from his battle with Bor the broken rip and Mjolnir being broken

psycho gundam
That's because Odin sleeps with his Depends on. that's a shame, the dude probably pisses quadruple hopps brewed beer.

he's that badass

Enyalus
Originally posted by DarkOdin
I thought he was weaken from his battle with Bor the broken rip and Mjolnir being broken
Same thing. He's used too much of the Odinforce doing everything like restoring the Asgardian gods and recreating Asgard, without replenishing his power.

psycho gundam
and since he's banished from asgard, and the chamber in which he and odin replenish the odinforce, he's running on reserve odinforce.

he still should be as strong as classic thor though + some OF.

iceman24567
Not with his hammer being fugged up

psycho gundam
after perrikus cut it in half, thor just put the pieces together and it fused lickety split. no dwarves or odin needed.

iceman24567
I suppose the godly energies that were released broke it on another level or some bull.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
I suppose the godly energies that were released broke it on another level or some bull.
Or JMS doesn't know what the **** he's doing. This is the same guy who wrote that Dr. Freakin' Doom uses Wikipedia.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
after perrikus cut it in half, thor just put the pieces together and it fused lickety split. no dwarves or odin needed.

Yea. Thor has remade Mjolnir on different occasions all on his own. JMS is writing a superb story, but in my opinion his down playing Thor.

gogogadgetgo
Same thing. He's used too much of the Odinforce doing everything like restoring the Asgardian gods and recreating Asgard, without replenishing his power.

didn't thor already take a nap after he restored all the asgardian gods?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
didn't thor already take a nap after he restored all the asgardian gods?

Yes he did, after he sumoned his people back.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea. Thor has remade Mjolnir on different occasions all on his own. JMS is writing a superb story, but in my opinion his down playing Thor.

He has fixed the hammer on his own before which hs admitted last issues. He also said that in the past Mjolnir was only broken thru magic and that magic has fixed it before but this time was different and he not sure why.

DarkOdin

I think it is different since he was hurt from Bor his body is too weak. After all when Odin was posioned he had to give the Odinpower to Thor to fight in the past but not enter the odinsleep after it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.