Huckleberry the disapointment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

teakwonjoe
Ok, i just finished reading the book 'Adventures of huckleberry Finn' for my english class...and it was such a dissapointment... the story started off with promise, but after halfway through, twain stoped writing the book, and where he picked up 2 years later is really obvious, cause right after, the book gets horrible. including rambling, unneccasary babbling, and actions with no addition to the plot...not only that but at the end i wanted to kill tom sawyer. for a book that is refered to as one of the greatests books in american literature, it was a disapointment, and after a survey of my class, a ton of people hated it...so whats the opinion of you guys? (note: i'd also prefer not to include the ethnical, and racial issues of the book in arguments, just judge on how it was writen)...thanks big grin

MornGlory
ahhh Mark Twain ... good autor

Gregory
I liked it. You complin about action that doesn't add to the plot, but that's just the type of book it is--several unrelated stories held together by a general plot (rafting down the river).

42Bardock
Tom Sawyer was better

teakwonjoe
i agree that twain is a good author, but a plot about floating down a river shouldnt last that long...it almost seems like the Phelp's plantation scene was a 'space filler'...and i never read tom saywer; is it good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.