"Dungeons & Dragons" Roleplay-registration and discussion thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
Welcome to my D&D rp.
I will try to make this game very easy to play for the people who have never played or heard of D&D.I'm fairly new to it myself.So if any of you players have done d&d before,i would appreciate any tips you have for me.
I will be the DM (which is dungeon master,which just means I host the game) and I will play as well.
I will put up the info needed for you guys to create your characters.
However,you guys will probably want to wait to put up a registration on here until I put all of the info on how to do so down (like skills and stats and all that stuff).
So,with that said,i'll get to it.And please be patient with me as I will be doing this as fast as I can.
However,until you can register,still feel free to ask me questions about the game while i'm setting it up.

slasherpunk18
Okay,here starts the registration info.

I. GETTING YOUR STATS

The first creation in your character is your character's stats.I will do this by rolling a pair of dice(I do all of this just like the real d&d game),and you can either keep the stats or tell me to re-roll and try to get a better #.the #'s range gives you an idea of how good your character is by 3 being horrible and 18 being the best.When I give you the #,you decide how you want to distribute them on the 6 abilities: strength,dexterity,constitution,intelligence,wisdo
m,and charisma.Here is an example:

I do a roll and player A gets 5.
Player A decides that he is unhappy with the roll.
I roll again and get the # 15.
Player A likes this one and keeps the #.He decides to put 3 points to strength,2 to dexterity,2 to constitution,3 to intelligence,3 to wisdom,and 3 to charisma.

And that is how you do your stats.

slasherpunk18
I have to go,I will have to finish this on friday.If it is not ready for registration by then,you can know for sure that it will be ready for registration by the weekend.

vaya_the_elf
I'm interested. What level characters are you allowing?

Trickster
Um, this is slightly different from the D&D I play.

So, what are the base levels for our characters? I mean, if we got 3s on everything, doesn't that mean we suck?

Fire
Normally yes, Slasher care to explain (I've been playing DnD for about 12 years now, 5 of that with 3.0 and 3.5)
I think I'm quite gifted with most basic knowledge

slasherpunk18
As to fire's reply,it would great to have you playing.I am going by the 3.5 books,so most of what i use for this game will come from them.However,since you have been playing for a substantial amount of time I would value any info you might have.

As to Vaya's,if you mean how high a level you can gain,then there really is no limit,but I will do my best to keep to d&d style leveling.Keep in mind that i am new to the system,but am very intrigued by it.Even though i am new though,I will be adhering to the 3.5 rules.If you peoploe have any special rules for when you play,please inform me so that i could add them.

slasherpunk18
Here is the complete list of the steps taken in the charatcer creation process.

slasherpunk18
I. ROLLING ABILITY SCORES

I know this is repeating,but i'm just making sure that i've covered everything.
Now,the first step in creating a character is rolling their 6 ability scores.These scores will be determined by me rolling 4 six-sided dice,and ignoring the lowest #.If you are not satisfied with your total #,you can ask me for a reroll until satisfied.the range for these #'s ranges from 3(meaning horrible) to 18(meaning tremendous).

Example:

I rolled the dice 6 times.I got the following numbers: 12,7,10,6,11,14.

Player A could ask for a re-roll but decides to stick with these #'s.

Player A decides to distribute the stats this way:

puts the 14 on Strength
puts 10 on Dexterity
puts the 12 on Constitution
puts 11 on Intelligence
puts 7 on Wisdom
puts 6 on Charisma

It is suggested however,that you read the next section("Race and Class"wink before deciding on how you want to distribute these points.Different races have different modifiers for different abilities.

slasherpunk18
II. CHOOSE YOUR CLASS AND RACE

HUMANS: Most humans are the descendants of pioneers,conquerers,traders,travelers,refugees,and
other people on the move.As a result,human lands are home to a mix of people-physically,culturally,religously,and politically different.Hardy or fine,light skinned or dark skinned,showy or austere,primitive or civilized,devout or impious,humans run the gamut.Humans are the most adaptable,flexible,and ambitious people among the common races and typically stand from 5 feet to a little over 6 feet tall and weigh from 125 to 250 pounds with men noticeably taller and heavier than women.Humans have short life spans compared to the other races,particularly elves.Due to their many ambassadors,diplomats,magistrates,and merchants they are often referred to as "everyone's second best friend".In fact,one of the only races that particularly seems to dislike the race are elves.Humans tend toward no particular allignment,not even neutrality.The best and worst are found among them.Humans have no chief deity(unlike the elves) but are known for being highly industrious.With thier cities constantly growing and becoming diverse.Human languages speak what is known as common.A language used throughout many lands,although humans can learn many other languages as well.Humans are the most audacious,daring,and ambitious race.Human often champion causes rather than territories or groups.

HUMAN RACIAL TRAITS:

-MEDIUM-As medium creatures,humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
-Human base land speed is 30 feet.
-1 extra feat that you can learn at your first level due to humans quick learning capacity.
-4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level,since humans are versatile and capable.
-BONUS LANGUAGE: Humans can learn one new language at character creation(except a secret language like druidic).I will put up a language list on this guide somewhere.
-Favored Class: When determining whether a multi-class human takes an experience point penaltyit's highest-level class does not count.

slasherpunk18
I forgot to add this,sorry:

Humans have no ability modifiers.

slasherpunk18
DWARVES: Dwarves are known for their skill in warfare,their ability to withstand physical and magical punishment,their knowledge of the earth's secrets,their hard work,and their capacity for drinking ale.Their mysterious kingdoms,carved out from the inside of mountains,are reknowned for the marvelous treasures that they produce as gifts or for trade.Althought they are suspicious of all strangers and are slow to laugh or jest,they are generous to those few who earn their trust.dwarf's value gold and have been known to succomb to greed.Dwarves stand only 4 to 4 1/2 feet tall but they are so broad and compact they on average,weigh as much as humans.
As for relations,dwarves get along fine with gnomes and passably with humans,half-elves,and halflings.Dwarves are usually lawful allignment and lean towards good.the chief deity of dwarves is Moradin,the soul forger.Dwarves speak dwarven.They are often driven by love of excitement,adventuring,or simple greed.

DWARF RACIAL TRIAITS:

- +2 constitution,-2 charisma
- Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet,although their sped is not affected by carrying heavy loads
- DARKVISION:dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet
-STONECUNNING: + 2 on skill checks to notice unusual stonework,like traps, or sliding walls.
- +2 on saving throws against poison
- +2 bonus on saving throws against magic
- +1 bonus on attack against orcs
- +4 dodge bonus to armor cvlass against giant monsters
- +2 to appraisal checks that are related to metal items
- languages: dwarven,common,and can learn many others
- A multi class dwarf's fighter class does not count when determining if he takes experience point penalty

slasherpunk18
ELVES: Elves mingle freely in human lands,always welcome yet never at home there.They are well known for their poetry,dance,song,lore,and magical arts.Elves favor things of natural and simple beauty.When a danger threatens their woodland homes,however,elves reveal a more martial side,demonstrating skill with sword,bow,and battle strategy.Elves are more often amused than excited,and more likely to be curious than greedy.Elves are short and slim,standing from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet tall,and typically weighing 95 to 135 pounds.Men are only marginally heavier than the women.They tend to be pale-skinned and dark haired with green eyes.Elves do not sleep,but rather meditate.While meditating,an elf dreams.the common word for this is trance.They find humans unrefined,halflings a bit staid,gnomes somewhat trivial,and dwarves not at all fun.For alignment,they are strongly against the darker side of life and help protect other's freedoms as well as their own.Above all others,Elves worship Corellan Larethian,the protector and preserver of life.Elves take up adventuring out of wanderlust.

ELF RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 dexterity,-2 constitution
-MEDIUM- no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- elf base land speed is 30 feet
- immunity to magic sleep effects and a +2 aving throw against enchantment spells and effects
- LOW-LIGHT VISION: an elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight,moonlight,torchlight,and similar conditions of pure illumination.
-WEAPON PROFICIENCY- elves receive the martial weapon proficinecy for the longsword,rapier,longbow,and shortbow as bonus feats.Elves esteem the arts of swordplay and archery so all elves are familiar with these weapons.
- +2 bonus to listen search and spot checks.Elves also have sort of a sixth sense for magic portals.
- Elves speak common and elven.
- Wizard class doesn't count when determining if ther is an experience point penalty since wizardry comes natural to elves.

Fire
Slasher those stats REQUIRE an automatic Reroll because his modifiers added up are not positive
14 gives +2, 12 gives +1, 10 and 11 give nothing, 7 and 6 both give a -2 that means his mods are -1 which is REROLL

slasherpunk18
GNOMES: Gnomes are everywhere as technicians,alchemists,and inventors.Despite the demand for their skills,most gnomes prefer to remain among their own kind,living in comfortable burrows beneath rolling,wooded hills where animals live.They adore animals,beautiful gems,and jokes of all kinds.they are also inquisitive.They get along well with dwarves and halflings and are rarely hostile to other races.they stand about 3 to 3 1/2 feet tall and weigh 40 to 45 pounds.Gnomes are most often of the good alignment.the chief gnome god is Garl Glittergold,the watchful protector.they speak gnome which is similar to dwarven.Gnomes are of a compulsive and curious nature and easy to get along with if you can stand a practical joke or two.

GNOME RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 constitution,-2 strength
- SMALL: +1 size bonus to armor class,1 +1 size bonus on attack rolls
- base land speed is 20 feet
-LOW LIGHT VISION(see elf description)
-+2 on saving throws against illusion
- +4 dodge bonus to armor class against giant monsters
- +2 bonus on listen checks
- +2 on alchemy checks
- multiclass gnome's bard class doesn't count when determining if there is a experience penalty
- spell like abilities

slasherpunk18
Sorry fire,thanks for fixing that.I'm just trying to get all of this down and it takes a long time,so i guess I might forget some stuff.

Red X
...Ill join

Name: Vlad Shafran
Race:Elve

Ill talke a roll please.

slasherpunk18
Sorry red,I have to finish the registration steps.I'll get done asap.I was just gone for a while,i probably should ahve left a note on heresorry..

slasherpunk18
HALF-ORC: In the wild frontiers,tribes of human and orc barbarians live in uneasy balance,fighting in times of war and trading in times of peace.Half-orcs who are born in the frontier may live with either human or orc parents,but they are nevertheless exposed to both cultures.Some,for whatever reason,leave their homeland and travel to civilized lands,bringing with them the tenacity,courage,and combat prowess that they developed in the wilds.Half-orcs tend to be short-tempered or sullen in nature.They stand between 6 and 7 feet tall and usually weigh between 180 and 250.Orcs are the sworn enemies of dwarves and elves,the half-orcs will have ahard time with these races.Since they have both human and orc parents,they can be either good or evil.Like orcs,many half-orcs worship Gruumsh,the cheif orc god.They can also follow human gods if they favor good.

HALF-ORC RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 strength,-2 intelligence and charisma
- land base is 30 feet
- dark vision
- Barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty

slasherpunk18
HALFLINGS: Halflings are clever,capable oppurtunists.Halfling individuals and clans find room for themselves wherever they can.Often they are strangers and wanderers,and others react to them with suspicion or curiosity.Depending on the clan,halflings might be reliable,hard-working(if clanish) citizens,or they might be theives just waiting for the oppurtunity to make a big score and dissapear in the dead of night.Regardless,halflings are cunning,resouceful surviviors.Halflings prefer trouble to boredom,notoriously curious.Halflings stand about 3 feet and usually weigh between 30 and 35 pounds.Halflings try to get along with all the other races.Halflings tend to be neutral.The chief deity of halflings is Yondalla,the blessed one.They often set out on their own to make their way in the world.

HALFLING RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 dexterity,-2 strength
- +1 size bonus to armor class,+1 size bonus on attack rolls,and a +4 size bonus.
- base land speed is 20
- +2 bonus on climb,jump,and moving silently.
- +1 bonus on attack rolls with weapons and slings
- +2 on listening
- Rogue class does not count in determining whether she takes an experience point penalty.

fruits
well, i dont know. ill join if u guys need somebody. like if u have a good party, but u dont have a cleric, ill join as the cleric or something.

slasherpunk18
Here are the classes you can choose from

BARBARIAN- From the frozen wastes of the north and the hellish jungles of the south cme brave,even reckless warriors.Civilized people call them barbarians or berserkers and suspect them of mayhem,impiety,and atrocitys.They have,however,proven their mettle and their value to those who would be their allies.To enemies who underestimated them,they have proved their cunning,resourcefulness,persisitence,and mercilisness.
Alignment: may not be of a lawful alliance
Races: Human,Half-Orc,and Dwarf

BARD: It is said that music has a special magic and the bard proves that saying true.Wandering across the land,gathering lore,telling stories,working magic with his music,and living on the gratitude of his audience-such is the life of a bard.When chance or oppurtunity draws them into a conflict,bards serve as diplomats,negotiators,,messengers,scouts,and spies.
Alignment: cannot be lawful
Races: Human,Gnome,Elf,half-Elf

CLERIC- The handiwork of the gods is everwhere-in places of natural beauty,in mighty crusades,in soaring temples,and the hearts of worshipers.Like people,gods run the gamut from the benevolent to the malicious,reserved to intrusive,simple to inscrutable.The gods,however,work mostly through intermediaries-their clerics.Good clerics heal,protect,and avenge.Evil clerics pillage,destroy,and sabotage.A cleric uses the power of his god to make the god's will manifest.And if a cleric uses his god's power to improve his own lot,thta's to be xpected too.
Alignment: typically the same as the god they serve
Races: any race

I'll finish everthing tomarrow and then you guys can register.

slasherpunk18
DRUID: The fury of a storm,the gentle strength of the morning sun,the cunning of a fox,the power of the bear-all these and more are at the druid's command.the druid,however,claims no mastery over nature.That claim,they say,is the empty boast of a city dweller.The druid gives her power not by ruling over nature but by being at one with it.To trespasser's in a druid's sacred grove,and to those who feel their wrath,the distinction is overly fine.
Alignment: any neutral alignment
Races: Elves,Gnomes,Humans,Half-Elves

Fighter: The questing knight ,the conquering overlord,the king's champion,the elite foot soldier,the hardened mercenary,and the bandit king-all are fighters.Fighters can be stalwart defenders of those in need,cruel marauders,or gutsy adventureres.Some are among the land's best souls,willing to face death for the greater good.Others are among the worst,with no qualms about killing for private gain,or even for sport.Fighters are not actively adventuring may be soldiers,guards,bodyguards,champions,or criminal enforcers.An adventuring knight might call himself a warrior,a mercenary,a thug,or simply an adventurer.
Alignment: any
Races: Humans,Half-Orcs,dwarves,Half-Elves(although rare for the half-elves)

MONKbig grinotted across the landscape are monasteries-small,walled cloisters inhabited by monks that pursue personal perfection through action as well as contemplation.They train themselves to be versatile warriors skilled at fighting without weapons or armor.The inhabitants of the monasteries headed by good masters serve as protectors of the people.Ready for battle even when barefoot and dressed in peasnt clothes,monks can travel unnoticed among the populace,catching bandits,warlords,and corrupt nobles,unawares.In contrast,the residents of monasteries headed by evil masters rule the surrounding lands through fear,as an evil warlord and his entourage might.Evil monks make ideal spies,infiltrators,and assasins.
Alignment: lawful
Races: Humans,Half-Orcs,Half-Elves

slasherpunk18
nce again,i'll havre to apoligize.I still don't have everything up yet.As soon as it is done,i will inform all the players.Thanks for your p[atience.

Trickster
I don't think you put up the info for half-elves, Slasher. smile

slasherpunk18
Wow,crap.Thanks for noting that trickster.

HALF-ELF: Humans and elves sometimes wed,the elf attarcted to the human's energy and the human by the elf's grace.These marriages end quickly as a human's life is so brief,but they leave an enduring legacy-half-elf children.The life of a half-elf can be hard.if raised by elves,the child seems to grow with astonishing speed.On the other hand,if raised by humans,the child finds themselves to be much different than their peers.

HALF-ELF RACIAL TRAITS:

Half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
Immunity to sleep spells and similar magic effects
Low-Light vision
+1 racial bonus on listen,search,and spot checks.
+2 bonus on diplomacy and gather information
when determining if there is a experience penalty,highest-class does not count

slasherpunk18
here are more classes:

PALADIN: The compassion to pursue good,the will to upheld the lawand the power to defeat evil-these are the 3 weapons of the paladin.Few Have the purity and devotion that it takes to walk the plaadin's path,but those few are rewarded with the power to protect,to heal,and to smite.In a land of scheming wizards,unholy priests,bloodthirsty dragons,and infernal fiends,the paladin is the final hope that cannot be extinguished.
Alignment: lawful good only
Races: Humans and half-elves

RANGER: The forests and hills are home to fierce and cunning vreatures,such as bloodthirsty owlbears and malicious displacer beasts.but more cunning and powerful than those monsters is the ranger,a skilled hunter and stalker.he knowws th ewoods as if they were his home(as indeed they are) and he knows his prey in deadly detail.
Alignment: any
Races: Humans,Elves,half-Elves,and Gnomes(although gnomes are rare)

ROGUE: Rogues have little in common with one another.Some are stelthy theives.Others are silver tongued tricksters.Still,others are scouts,infiltrators,spies,diplomats,or thugs.What they do share is verstility,adaptabiltiy,and resourcefulness.In general,rogues are skilled in what others don't wan them to get.
Alignment: any,but lean towards chaotic
Races: any

slasherpunk18
SORCERER/SORCERESS: Sorcerers create magic the way a poet creates poems,with inborn talent honed by practice.They have no books,no mentors,no theories-just raw power that they direct at will.Some claim that the blood of dragons flows through their veins.NOTEmessedorcerers are also allowed to ahve a familair that can be a bat,cat,hawk,lizard,owl,rat,raven,snake,toad,or weasel.
Alignment: chaotic
Races: Humans and Half-Elves

WIZARD: A few unintelligle words and fleeting gestures cause more harm than a battleaxe,when they are the words and gestures of a wizard.These simple acts make magic seem easy,but they only hint at the time a wizard must spend poreing over their spellbook preparing each spell for casting.Wizards depend on intensive study to create their magic.
Alignment: lawful
Races: Human,Elf,Half-Elf,and Gnome

here is a list of the different alignments that these classes go by:

Lawful good "Crusader"-combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly.

Neutral good "benefactor"- preserves good and works with loyalty but does not feel obligated to revere them

chaotic good "rebel"- acts as his conscience directs him with no regard for consequences

lawful neutral "Judge"- acts as law,tradition,and personal code direct.

Neutral "Undecided"- does what seems to be a good idea,doesn't feel strongl;y about good vs evil

Chaotic Neutral "Free Spirit"- follows their whims,an individualist.

Lawful evil "Dominator"- methodically takes what he wants within his code of conduct regardless of who it hurts.

Neutral evil "Malefactor"- does whatever they can get away with,completely regardless of anything but themself

Chaotic Evil "destroyer"- does whatever their greed,hate,and love of destruction lead them to do

slasherpunk18
III. SKILLS AND FEATS

I was going to put up a big long list of spells,and skills,and feats,but I forgot that different classes come with different things,so just choiose you class and race and I will tell you your starting package.

IV. DeSCRIPTION

This last par tof registration is the most important.What does your charatcer look like and where did they come from.the world of d&D is as big as your imagination so make sure to put as much detail as you can.A good history of your charatcer is a big part of this.After you do this,on your charatcer sheet,I will put your racial features,but again,put as much detail as your heart desires.

slasherpunk18
Okay,that's it!I'm finally ready to accept full registration forms!

slasherpunk18
i forgot to mention one thing,I can't do rerolls for character stats,sorry.

Red X
Name: Vash
Class: Rogue
Allignment: Free Spirit
Race:Half Elf
Stats: I'll take a roll...
Skills and Feats: You tell me...
Description: Vash was born on the area of Moglin Forest. His father was a human, and his mother was an elf. He learned much of all he knows now from his parents, and from the peacefull villagers of Moglin Forest. Vash joined the war Good vs Evil and joined Good. Thought then, he saw in the war that both sides where the same. He saw how even good slaughered others without a single thought. Thats when he stopped serving either good or evil, and became a Renegade, or a free spirit. He does what he thinks is right, and travels from place to place.

slasherpunk18
Nice.Here are your #'s:

and once again,the stats you can assign them to are:

Strength
Constitution
dexterity
Wisdom
Intelligence
Charisma

Red X
Ill take 14

Strength:2
Constitution:2
dexterity:2
Wisdom:2
Intelligence:4
Charisma:2

slasherpunk18
No,you get all those #'s,but you distribute them.

slasherpunk18
Like you could put the 14 on strength and you could put the 13 on constitution.Anyway you want to distribute them.

Red X
Ohhh
Strength:13
Constitution:10
dexterity:11
Wisdom:12
Intelligence:14
Charisma:10

Lucinda
Name: Fauna
Alignment: Neutral
Race: Half-Elve
Stats:
Skills & Feats:
History: Fauna was born in an isolated village called Morian. Her mother was human & father elf. When Fauna was only nine years old her mother died while getting water. She fell into the lake and, since she couldn't swim, drowned. Shortly after word Fauna's father was murdered, and his murderer was never found. These two horrifying incidences caused Fauna too give up her former la-de-da life to pick up the I-dont-trust-anyone life. Now after eleven years of training Fauna is ready to avenge her father's death and help thoughs in dire need.

Fire
euh TIdus as a rogue you will need dexterity.

(Slasher I can put up all the skills if you like)

Anywayz I'm playing

Dwarf Fighter
(racials included)
Str:15 +2
Dex:10 +0
Con:16 +3
Int:13 +1
Wis:12 +1
Cha:8 -1

Fts:
-Toughness
-Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe)

Skills:
-Intimidate: +4-1(stat)=+3
-Climb: +4+2(stat)=+6
-Swim: +4+2(stat)=+6

slasherpunk18
That would help me out so much if you could do that Fire.

Fire
I will

slasherpunk18
Alright,I was in bed so let me reply to this stuff:

In response to Red X: Yes,since rogues are a stealthy bunch,dexterity would be one of your most important stats so you should give it a bigger #.

In response to Lucinda: Your stat roll is 12,16,14,10,9,13

Fire
Skills:
Appraise
Being able to asses the value of a given item. It takes 1 minute to asses the value of an item.
(always take 20, no retries, works with Int)
Balance
Being able to hold your balance on a narrow or slippery surface. The faster you are the harder it becomes
(take 10 and 20 possible, no retries-you fell off-, works with Dex)
Bluff
The ability to out bluff someone, the bigger the lie the harder it gets.
(No take 10 or 20, no retries -to the same person about the same thing, works with Cha)
Climb
How well you climb
(take 10 and 20 possible, retries possible, works with Str)
Concentration
How well you can concentrate
(no take 10 or 20, no retries if it fails it fails, works with Con)
Craft (specific subject)
How well you can build things
(take 10 or 20 possible, no retries -you ****ed up- works with Int)
Descipher Script
How well you can read or understand a code or a language you don't know
(take 10 or 20 possible, no retries, works with Int)
Diplomacy
How well you can negotiate and convince people
(No take 10 or 20, retries possible, works with Cha)
Disable device
The ability to disable a device LOL
(take 10, 20 possible, retries possible-sometimes-, works with Int)
Disguise
The ability to disguise yourself
(take 10, 20 possible, retries yes, works with Cha)
Escape Artist
The ability to cralw through a small space, get out of handcuffs and so forth
(take 10, 20 possible, retries, works with Dex)
Forgery
The ability to fake handwriting
(No take 10 or 20, sometimes retries, works with Int)
Gather Information
The ability to gather info, takes a long time
(sometimes take 20, retries possible, works with Cha)
Handle Animal
The ability to work with animals
(no take 10 or 20, retries possible, works with Cha)
Heal
The ability to heal others
(take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Wis)
Hide
the ability to hide yourself
(take 10 or 20, usualy no retries, works with Dex)
Intimidate
The ability to intimidate someone
(no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Cha)
Jump
How far or high can you jump
(no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Str)
Knowledge (specific subject: e.g. History, Royalty, Monsters...)
How much do you now about a specific subject
(no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Int)
Listen
How good can you listen
(no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Wis)
Move Silently
guess stick out tongue
(no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Dex)
Open Lock
How good you are at picking locks
(take 10 or 20, retries, works with Dex)
Perform (specific subject)
How good you can dance, sing and so forth
(no take 10 or 20, generally no retries, works with Cha)
Profession (specific subject)
How good you are in a normal profession, blacksmithing,, fisherman, farmer...
(take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Int)
Ride
How well you can ride
Search
How good you are at searching
Sense motive
How good you can detect other peoples emotions and or lies
Sleight of Hand
Doing sneaky stuff like pick pocketing, hiding weapons
(no take 10 or 20 USUALLY, no retries USUALLY, works with Dex)
Spellcraft
How good you recognize the school of magic from a casters handling
Spot
The ability to spot things
Survival
How well can you survive in the wilderness on your own
(sometimes take 10 or 20, retries, works with Wis)
Swim
How well can you swim
(usually no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Str)
Tumble
How well you do backflips, summersaults and so on
(usually no take 10 or 20, usually no retries, works with Dex)
Use Magic Device
How well you can trick a magic device (only rogues can do this)
(no take 10 or 20, retries, works with Cha)
Use Rope
How well you can tie someone up

That's the entire list, now there are a few things that need explaining.

A) How do skills work? They work like everything else in DnD -SIMPLE- e.g: You have to jump over a chasm. You're character takes a long run and jumps (Now what happens Out game: Slasher makes a roll with a D20 to that he adds your Strength score and the number of ranks you have in Jump, If this TOTAL number exceeds the required difficulty class (shortened to DC) you make it, else you fall into the chasm)

For DC's it generally works like this
DC 10 Easy
DC 15 Normal
DC 20 Hard
DC 30 Almost undoable
DC 50 Godlike

B) What does Take 10 or 20 mean? Some skills allow you to do a "take 10" or a "take 20" This means that your character has a relatively large amount of time up to 1 minute per check, she can devote to the skillcheck at hand. Then instead of rolling (and risk failing) you can do a take 10 or 20. Which replaces the result of the D20 roll by 10 or 20. as you all saw this is not always allowed. It is NEVER ALLOWED DURING COMBAT

C) Critical Failure and succes. A natural 1 on the D20 is ALWAYS A MISS, a natural 20 is ALWAYS A SUCCES. This is done to factor in "luck". NO matter how good you are you can always screw up.

D) Certain skills can not be used untrained, untrained means you have no ranks in that certain skill.
These skills are: Decipher Script, Disable Device, Handle Animal, Knowledge, Open Lock, Profession, Sleight of hand, Spellcraft, Tumble and Swim Use Magic Device

E) Armour Check Penalty: Some skills become a lot harder when you are wearing armour.
These skills are: Balance, Climb, Escape artist, Jump, Hide, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, Tumble and Swim

Which classes get which skills I will post later on

Any questions just ask

Trickster
Hmm....

Currently a toss-up between an elven or half-elven Bard, or a Human Sorcerer. Any advice?

Red X
dexterity:14
Intelligence:11

Ok, Slasher give me my skill;s pLZ.

Fire
Skills II: How to get them

Okie, I explained most of what you need to know about skills in the post above. The only thing left now is for people to know how they get skills.

Class skills
Every class has its own set of skills, these skills are called Class skills. They are the skills that are most essential for playing that class effectively. Some classes have more skills that others. (I will post the lists of Class and their respective Class skills later on this thread)

Crossclass skills
Now just because a certain skill isn't a class skill for you class, these are called CrossClass skills, does not mean you can not take ranks in it. They just cost 2 skillpoints for 1 rank (where as Class skills cost 1 skillpoint for 1 rank)

Skill points
As said before every class gets a different amount of skillpoints per level. The first level is special however; at that level (the one you started play at) you get 4 times your skillpoints for a level. Always remember that your amount of skillpoints is modified with your intelligence modifier, if you have a +1 Int mod you get 1 extra skillpoint each level (4 extra skillpoints at lvl1)

Barbarians: 4 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Bards: 6 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Cleric: 2 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Druid: 4 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Fighter: 2 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Monk: 4 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Paladin: 2 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Ranger: 6 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Rogue: 8 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Sorcerer: 2 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1
Wizard: 2 skillpoints+int mod per lvl/ at lvl1

Remember Humans get 4 extra skillpoints at lvl1 and 1 extra each next level

Class skill lists:
Barbarian: Climb, Craft, Handle animal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Ride, Survival, Swim.
Bard: everything BUT: Disable device, Forgery, Handle animal, Heal, Intimidate, Open lock, Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Use Rope.
Cleric: Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (History), Profession, Spellcraft.
Druid: Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle animal, Heal, Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim.
Fighter: Climb, Craft, Handle animal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Ride, Swim.
Monk: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Listen, Move silently, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble.
Paladin: Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle animal, Heal, Knowledge (Nobility), Knowledge (Religion), Profession, Ride, Sense Motive.
Ranger: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (Nature), listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim, Use Rope.
Rogue: everything BUT: Concentration, Handle animal, Heal, every Knowledge but Knowledge (local), Ride, Spellcraft and Survival. (YES ROGUES HAVE A SH*TLOAD OF SKILLS)
Sorcerer: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Knowledge (Arcana), Profession,.
Wizard: Concentration, Craft, Decipher script, ALL KNOWLEDGES (GANDALF STYLE), Perform.

Red X
Yay, kewl. So I got 8x4= 32 Skillpoitns?Niiiice

Fire
yip

also Important at level1 you can max put 4 ranks into 1 skill

Red X

Stats:
Dexterity:14

Skills:
Appraise
Being able to asses the value of a given item. It takes 1 minute to asses the value of an item.
(always take 20, no retries, works with Int)
Balance
Being able to hold your balance on a narrow or slippery surface. The faster you are the harder it becomes
(take 10 and 20 possible, no retries-you fell off-, works with Dex)
Bluff
The ability to out bluff someone, the bigger the lie the harder it gets.
(No take 10 or 20, no retries -to the same person about the same thing, works with Cha)
Climb
How well you climb
(take 10 and 20 possible, retries possible, works with Str)
Concentration
How well you can concentrate
(no take 10 or 20, no retries if it fails it fails, works with Con)
Craft (specific subject)
How well you can build things
(take 10 or 20 possible, no retries -you ****ed up- works with Int)
Descipher Script
How well you can read or understand a code or a language you don't know
(take 10 or 20 possible, no retries, works with Int)
Diplomacy
How well you can negotiate and convince people
(No take 10 or 20, retries possible, works with Cha)
Disable device
The ability to disable a device LOL
(take 10, 20 possible, retries possible-sometimes-, works with Int)
Disguise
The ability to disguise yourself
(take 10, 20 possible, retries yes, works with Cha)
Escape Artist
The ability to cralw through a small space, get out of handcuffs and so forth
(take 10, 20 possible, retries, works with Dex)
Forgery
The ability to fake handwriting
(No take 10 or 20, sometimes retries, works with Int)
Gather Information
The ability to gather info, takes a long time
(sometimes take 20, retries possible, works with Cha)

Hide
the ability to hide yourself
(take 10 or 20, usualy no retries, works with Dex)
Intimidate
The ability to intimidate someone
(no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Cha)
Jump
How far or high can you jump
(no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Str)

How much do you now about a specific subject
Listen
How good can you listen
Move Silently
guess
Open Lock
How good you are at picking locks
Perform (specific subject)
How good you can dance, sing and so forth
(no take 10 or 20, generally no retries, works with Cha)
Profession (specific subject)
How good you are in a normal profession, blacksmithing,, fisherman, farmer...

Search
How good you are at searching
Sense motive
How good you can detect other peoples emotions and or lies
Sleight of Hand
Doing sneaky stuff like pick pocketing, hiding weapons
(no take 10 or 20 USUALLY, no retries USUALLY, works with Dex)

Spot
The ability to spot things

Swim
How well can you swim
(usually no take 10 or 20, no retries, works with Str)
Tumble
How well you do backflips, summersaults and so on
(usually no take 10 or 20, usually no retries, works with Dex)
Use Magic Device
How well you can trick a magic device (only rogues can do this)
(no take 10 or 20, retries, works with Cha)
Use Rope
How well you can tie someone up

Fire
Tidus, just tell us in which of those skills you want to spend your ranks and how many per skill stick out tongue

Red X
What do you mean? I spend my 32 skill points on them. Each skill costs 1 skill point right? Or more?

Fire
(you already have all those skills) you can perform nearly all of those things already. except for these:
Decipher Script, Disable Device, Handle Animal, Knowledge, Open Lock, Profession, Sleight of hand, Tumble and Swim, Use Magic Device.

All other skills you can do without buying ranks in it. (just put 4 ranks) in the skills you think fit your character best smile

Storm
I' ll play a human female ranger. I' ll add the rest later.

Red X
How much Ranks do I have? I wouldve put 4 ranks in each skill which uses Dexericity...

Fire
you have 32 points, which you can trade in for 1 rank per point (with a max of 4 ranks per skill)

Just choose 8 skills with Dex then smile and list them here (just the name) with +4 behind it

Red X

Description: Vash was born on the area of Moglin Forest. His father was a human, and his mother was an elf. He learned much of all he knows now from his parents, and from the peacefull villagers of Moglin Forest. Vash joined the war Good vs Evil and joined Good. Thought then, he saw in the war that both sides where the same. He saw how even good slaughered others without a single thought. Thats when he stopped serving either good or evil, and became a Renegade, or a free spirit. He does what he thinks is right, and travels from place to place.

Stats:

Balance- 4 Ranks
Escape Artist-4 Ranks
Hide- 4 Ranks
Jump- 4 Ranks
Move Silently- 4 Ranks
Open Lock- 4 Ranks
Sleight of Hand- 4 Ranks
Tumble- 4 Ranks

Lucinda
Strength: 12
Constitution: 9
Dexterity: 10
Wisdom: 14
Intelegence: 16
Charisma: 13

Is that right?

Fire
more dex

Red X

Stats:
Dexterity:14+4=18

Escape Artist-4 Ranks
Hide- 4 Ranks
Jump- 4 Ranks
Move Silently- 4 Ranks
Open Lock- 4 Ranks
Sleight of Hand- 4 Ranks
Tumble- 4 Ranks

*edited*

I love My chair. HIs a Neutral Thief stick out tongue

Anyways. My char ok?

Fire
No TIDUS HALF ELVES DON'T GET A RACIAL MODIFIER
and you forgot to add your Balance skill

Red X
NO, I added 4 skills to my Stats...

Fire
NOT POSSIBLE what the hell gave you that idea

Red X
Then fine Its this one

Stats:

Balance- 4 Ranks
Escape Artist-4 Ranks
Hide- 4 Ranks
Jump- 4 Ranks
Move Silently- 4 Ranks
Open Lock- 4 Ranks
Sleight of Hand- 4 Ranks
Tumble- 4 Ranks

Fire
that's it (Tidus a Stat increase is a very big deal and can only be done by expensive Magical iteams or very slowly through gaining levels)

slasherpunk18
yes Tidus,i beleive it's 1 stat point every 4 levels.

slasherpunk18
okay,here's my character:

name: Galidor
race: Half-Elf
class: Paladin
alignment: Lawful Good
Diety: Heironeous
STATS:

Str-12
Dex-12
Con-12
Int-7
Wis-14
Cha-16

SKILLS:

Climb
Concentration
Craft(armorsmithing)
Diplomacy
Handle Animal
Heal
Knowledge(nobility)
Knowledge(religion)
Listen
Proffesion(alchemy)
Ride
Search
Sense Motive
Spot
Survival
Bluff-3 skill ranks
Intimidate-2 skill ranks
Jump-3 skill ranks

FEATS:

Persuasive

Spells:

Special Mount
Remove Disease

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies
Aura of Good
Detect Evil
Smite Evil
Divine Grace
Lay on Hands
Aura of Courage
Divine Health
Turn Undead

NOTE: I did not include a description because this character will come in during a part of the story.

slasherpunk18
I forgot to note that divine grace,lay on hands,aura of courage,divine health,turn undead,and my spells arent available for me to use at my current level.I was just listing all my class features.

slasherpunk18
I should also point out that so far our group contains 1 paladin,2 rogues,1 ranger,and 1 dwarf fighter.We could really use a spellcaster such as a wizard,cleric,or sorcerer.

Red X
2 rogues huh... I bet im the better one thouhgt Hehehe...

fruits
im still up for my last post here. if u guys need any class, u know, like if u lack a cleric or somehting and u need one, please pm me and ill be happy to play

slasherpunk18
I just sent you a pm.

btw,I LOVE SOUTH PARK!!!

Trickster

slasherpunk18
We could really use a sorcerer.

Trickster
Well then why not!

Or, could I have my rolls first?

fruits
i guess ill be the cleric. im kinda confused about how to set this whole thing up. when ive played D&D in the past i just had the dungeon master pick all my stats and stuff for me. could i do that?

slasherpunk18
Well,Fruits,that's what a dm is supposed to do in a way.I roll your stats and then you tell me how you want to distribute the points.

Okay,Trickster,your roll is: 12,14,11,13,15,11

Would you like your roll now Fruits?

slasherpunk18
if you would like fruits,I could give you some advice on which stats to make high and which to make low.If that's what you meant by having the dungeon master pick for you.

slasherpunk18
Okay,here's your stat roll: 12,12,14,16,13,10

And here are your class skills:

Appraise
balance
Bluff Climb
Craft
Decipher Script
diplomacy
Disable Device
Disguise
Escape Artist
Forgery
Gather Information
Hide
Intimidate
Jump
Knowledge(local)
Listen
Move Silently
Open Lock
Perform
Profession
Search
Sense Motive
Sleight of Hand
Spot
Swim
Tumble
Use Magic Device
Use Rope

You have Improved Initiative for a feat.You can pick one more feat.i can't decide how many skill points you have or how many skills you may select until you decide on your stats.

Lucinda
2 rogues huh... I bet im the better one thouhgt Hehehe...

Shut up X. ny way my stats would be the same as X's I guesse?

Trickster
No, it's all dependent upon the dice.

Fire
ok cool down, DnD is not about stat points, or any kind of numbers (altho it might seem that way) DnD is about being a smart player (even if you have a stupid character) and having fun

slasherpunk18
right you are fire,although it does help when you're fighting a bigass monster.

Fire
No what helps when you are fighting a bigass monster, is how you used your feats, knowing your role in the group, which spells you have selected and prepared and so on. even if you play the game with 6 18s a dumb player can still die very easily.

Lucinda
oooooooooh ok. I need the skills& feats though. thoughs would be the same right.

slasherpunk18
I'm just waiting for you to do your stats and then i'll tell you how many skills and feats you can have.the skills are listed on this thread.

Trickster
Looks like I'll be he sorcerer... If you still need one!

slasherpunk18
yep

vaya_the_elf
So what do you need in the game?

slasherpunk18
Well,trickster has agreed to be a sorcerer,and fruits has agreed to be a cleric.So,you could really go either way.
if you decided to not go the magic path there can never eally be too many fighters.Maybe even a barbarian.
If you like the magic path,we don't have a wizard or a druid.

vaya_the_elf
I guess I want to be an elven ranger.

slasherpunk18
Cool.I just need to know your character name,maybe a description(although you could wait until later if you like).
And here are the #'s that i rolled for your stats: 12,15,15,14,11,12

vaya_the_elf
Thats not to bad.

fruits
could u roll for me and give me the advice on where to pu ***? but i had my DM put the stats wherever to make my character the best it could be. if u could do that that would be awesome, but u dont have to

Red X
...So when are we starting?

vaya_the_elf
Can i call her vaya. Its my favorite dnd name I came up with.

Trickster
Okay, I'm either gunna be a Wizard or a Sorcerer... Could you give me some idea of the gameplay difference?

vaya_the_elf
Wizard has to pick his spells daily, and rest more

Sorcerer you pick your spells, and thats what you keep. Therefore you dont have to rest as much.

Trickster
Hmmm....

And I have these stats... Are they acceptabl fora wizard or a sorcerer?
(Fire's explaining on MSN)

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

Ecob16
Is it to late for me to join? if I can what sort of alignment team are we playing?

Ecob16
also do I roll for myself or does someone roll for me?

vaya_the_elf
I have no clue

Storm
Slasherpunk18 rolls.

slasherpunk18
Okay,for ecob: 13,14,11,10,14,11

Yes,Vaya,you can pick any name you want.

And Red X,I will start when all of the character info has been finalized.I just need to gather all of this info that you guys have given me and compile it into character sheets.

slasherpunk18
Okay Fruits,here's your roll: 13,10,15,14,12,11

Now,since you are a cleric,i would recommend this:

STR-10
DEX-11
CON-14
INT-12
WIS-15
CHA-13

slasherpunk18
NOTE FOR ECOB: Sorry,i missed one of your posts.The team is a mix of lawful and neutral characters.But none of us are really evil.

NOTE FOR ALL PLAYERS: I will try to finalize everybody's characters tonight,and hopefully everybody's character sheets will be up by tonight and we will be able to start playing in a day or two.

vaya_the_elf
What do we do about feats, and skill points?

Trickster
Indeed...

Ecob16
Okay, i think the team needs a bit of muscle so i will be a Dwarf Barbarian, Chaotic Neutral, and my stats as follows-

STR-14
DEX-13
CON-14
INT-11
WIS-11
CHA-10

Im not entirely sure if thats what I want just yet though

Fire
I'll post the feats tonight

vaya_the_elf
Are we going by the books?

Ecob16
btw whats your verdict on using plane-touched characters?

slasherpunk18
Yes,i am going almost entirely by the books.The 3.5 versions that is.So,if you have a question about some aspect of play,most of the time it can probably be found in the rulebooks.

slasherpunk18
Okay,so let me take a look here.it looks as if we have:

1 fighter
1 barbarian
1 paladin
2 rogues
2 rangers
1 sorcerer
1 cleric

Ecob16
Wait I wish to reconsider and change to a Human Druid still Chaotic Neutral, my stats will be-

Name- Ecob

STR-11
DEX-13
CON-14
INT-11
WIS-14
CHA-10

Fire
Skills are already listed (page 3 I think, yep by the book (PHB 3.5 to be correct) could be I made a mistake or two however.

Tela
Can i join?

Fire
Well slasher hasn't excluded anyone so far so I guess

fruits
ok, ill take that. my character's name is gonna be......... Guido. sorry for such a weird non-cleric name, but its always been my D&D name

Fire

slasherpunk18
Thanks Fire.Good job on the feats.
Okay,now before I can finalize anybody's character,I need to be sure you've all chosen your skills and your 1 feat.

slasherpunk18
Thanks Fire.Good job on the feats.
Okay,now before I can finalize anybody's character,I need to be sure you've all chosen your skills and your 1 feat.
btw Tela,of course you can join.
and also btw Tela,BAD RELIGON ROCKS!

Ecob16
name: Ecob

race: human
class/level: Druid 1
alignment: CN

stats
STR 11 (+0)
DEX 13 (+1)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 11 (+0)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 10 (+0)

HP:10 (8 base, +2 con bonus)
AC:11 (+1dex)
speed: 30ft
Intiative: +1

BAB: +0
Melee: +0
Ranged: +1 (+1 Dex)

saves
fort: +4 (2 base +2 Con)
ref: +1 (0 base +1 Dex)
will: +4 (+2 base +2 Wis)

Skills:

Concentration 4 (2 ranks +2 Con)
Heal 3 (1 rank +2 Wis)
Knowledge Nature 4 (2 ranks +2 Nat Sense)
Listen 6 (4 ranks +2 Wis)
Speak Languages 1 (Sylvan)
Spot 6 (4 ranks +2 Wis)
Survival 6 (2 ranks +2 Nat Sense +2 Wis)
Use Rope 3 (2 ranks +1 Dex)

Feats:

Haven't yet decided, do humans get a bonus feat?

Special:
not yet done

Languages: Common, Druidic, Sylvan

Tela
Thanks, Slasher. I'm going to get all the info I need for my character. . . hopefully . . . and give it to you.

Fire
yep Humans get a bonus ft

Fire
My Character:

Name: Tharin, son of Eberk, son of Rurik of the Dankil clan.
Sex: Male
Height: 4'3", Weight: 150 lb.
Alignement: Lawfull/Good

Str:15 +2
Dex:10 +0
Con:16 +3
Int:13 +1
Wis:12 +1
Cha:8 -1

Fts:
-Toughness
-Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe)

Skills:
-Intimidate: +4-1(cha)=+3
-Climb: +4+2(str)=+6
-Swim: +4+2(str)=+6

Saves:
Fort: +2(base) +3(con)=+5
Ref: +0(base) +0(dex)=+0
Will +0(base) +1(wis)= +1

BAB: +1
Melee: +1(BAB)+2(str)=+3
Ranged: +1(BAB)+0(dex)=+1
Dwarven Waraxe: +1(BAB)+2(str)+1(WF)=+4

HP:10(base)+3(con)+3(toughness)=16

Physical Description:
Tharin is your basic dwarf walking around in armour, with a shield and a huge dwarven waraxe. He has a brown beard, however he does try his best to look decent. Hair and beard nicely done, clean armour and shining weapons.

Personality:
Tharin is one of the few dwarves with a decent sense of humor who generally likes everybody. He is not fool hearted but he will place the well being of others in front of his own. His clan honour means a lot to him. Getting Tharin mad is usually a bad idea.

Languages:
-Dwarven
-Common
-Orc

Fire
CRAP forgot two fts: general fts:
Lightening reflexes: no prereqs, +2 to reflexes saves
Iron will: no prereqs, +2 to Will saves

slasherpunk18
Nice,so it looks like me and Fire are done.Just need to wait on everybody else.

Red X
I did all my char, thought I neeed to choose a feats. So, do I get one combat feat, Skill feat, Or I only got one for only one kind of feat?

Trickster
How do we know how many skills we get? I don't think there's much chance of it being more, or even three, but if I'm lucky, this is what I want ,in the order I want 'em stick out tongue
Sleight of Hand
Spellcraft
Bluff

And for my feat, I'll take
Silent Spell

Red X

Stats:

Balance- 4 Ranks
Escape Artist-4 Ranks
Hide- 4 Ranks
Jump- 4 Ranks
Move Silently- 4 Ranks
Open Lock- 4 Ranks
Sleight of Hand- 4 Ranks
Tumble- 4 Ranks

Feats:
-Stealthy: +2 to Hide and Move silently

slasherpunk18
Okay,red X's character is done.
As for Trickster,you get 4 skills.You already have spellcraft and bluff.So you can have sleight of hand and pick 3 others.

Ecob16
name: Ecob
sex: male
race: human
Height/Weight: 5'11/138
class/level: Druid 1
alignment: CN

stats
STR 11 (+0)
DEX 13 (+1)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 11 (+0)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 10 (+0)

HP:10 (8 base, +2 con bonus)
AC:11 (+1dex)
speed: 30ft
Intiative: +1

BAB: +0
Melee: +0
Ranged: +1 (+1 Dex)

saves
fort: +4 (2 base +2 Con)
ref: +3 (0 base +1 Dex +2 Feat)
will: +4 (+2 base +2 Wis)

Skills:

Concentration 3 (1 ranks +2 Con)
Heal 3 (1 rank +2 Wis)
Handle Animal 2 (2 ranks)
Knowledge Nature 4 (2 ranks +2 Nat Sense)
Listen 6 (4 ranks +2 Wis)
Speak Languages (Sylvan) (2 ranks)
Spot 6 (4 ranks +2 Wis)
Survival 6 (2 ranks +2 Nat Sense +2 Wis)
Use Rope 2 (2 ranks +1 Dex)

Feats:
Lightning Reflexes, Spell Focus Conjuration

Special:
Animal Companion, Nature Sense, Wild Empathy

Languages: Common, Druidic, Sylvan

Spells Per Day
0th: 3
1st: 2

Spells Prepared
0: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Light
1: Entangle, Speak with Animals

Animal Companion

Wolf

HP: 13
Initiative: +2
Speed: 50ft
AC: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 Nat)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Bite +3 Melee (1d6+1)
Full Attack: Bite +3 Melee (1d6+1)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Trip
Special Qualities: Low-light Vision, Scent
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1*
Feats: Track, Weapon Focus (bite)

* Wolves have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Trip: A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent can not react to trip the wolf.

Bonus Tricks: Attack

Special: Link, Share spells

Red X
Well, My guys a thief! Hehehe...

Im done, yay... Nice and simple, thats the way I like it.

slasherpunk18
lol.
Okay,Ecob.You're ready now too.

Red X
Slasher, I just noticed some of Ecob's skills add stats to him, I checked the skill's thing but it didn't say anything like that, say, do any of my skills give me more dex or something?

slasherpunk18
Okay,now we just have to wait for vaya,tela,storm,and fruits.

Red X

slasherpunk18
I noticed that Red X,and it was disregarded.Ecob is human so there is no stat modifiers.

Red X
???? If he has no stat modifiers, then how come some of his skills add to his stats???

slasherpunk18
When it says + a stat,that means this.
In the game,when you use a skill like rope climb or search or something like that,certain abilities aid in how eefective you are at that skill.It is not adding to his stats.

Red X
Got it, but so, what number of pluses to dexterixty to all my stats equal too? Cause all my skills use Dex, exept Jump which uses strength...

Ecob16
you add your stat modifiers to your skill ranks, what I mean by this is say player A has a theif with 18 in dexterity, he would add his Stat modifier to any skills based off of that stat, for instance if he had 2 skill points allocated in the skill Hide he would have an overall rank of 6 -(2 skill points +4 strength modifier)

slasherpunk18
Ecob is right.
And just rest assured that I wouldn't give some people extra stats if I hadn't given the others players the same oppurtunity.That wouldn't be fair.

vaya_the_elf
name:vaya
race: elf
Sex: female
Class: Ranger
alignment: lawful good
Appearance: Tan skin tone, purple with silver high lights(I know a little weird), blue eyes,and att an average weight for an elf.
stats:
Str:15
Dex:15
Cha 14
Wis 11
Int 12
Con 12

Feats: Point blank shot, mount archary, many shots, weapon focas(long bow)

specials: have no clue..talk to animals spell...

skills: I'd like animal handling, ride, search, hide, use rope, pick locks...

Lanages: Common, elven, and dwarven(so i know what there saying.. then they cant talk about me)

animal companion: Bear?

Weapons: Long bow.. daggers

My stuff I have: have cloak, rope, backpack, daggers/and of course my long bow

vaya_the_elf
forgot to enemy .. which will be troll( i think them)

slasherpunk18
k.Were still waiting for Fruits,Trickster, and Storm.I'll probably be heading to bed now but HOPEFULLY we'll all be registered tomarrow and we can get this thing rolling.

vaya_the_elf
pm them

Goodnight

fruits
i really dont know if i wanna do this. wen i play D&D, the DM decides everything for us stupid little players. he picks all our feats and stuff, all we do is actually play our characters

vaya_the_elf
Well its up to you. If you want to then give it a try. You don't ...
then don't

Fire
Tidus: modifiers work like this
stat:
3 gives a -4 mod
4-5 give a -3 mod
6-7 give a -2 mod
8-9 give a -1 mod
10-11 give a 0 mod
12-13 give a +1 mod
14-15 give a +2 mod
16-17 give a +3 mod
18-19 give a +4 mod
20 give a +5 mod

(Stats can reach as high as 36 in the mortal realm (dragons score around 36 on every stat, except for dex) and go close to a 100 in the divine realm.)

As for skills is it that hard people? you take your skillpoints (for your class) you add your int modifier multiply that by 4 and spread around over whatever skill you want (taking into account that CrossClass Skills cost double) and you can only spend 4 skillpoints per skill. (each skill also list which stat mod should be added to it Tidus)

Vaya
Feats: Point blank shot, mount archary, many shots, weapon focas(long bow)

specials: have no clue..talk to animals spell...

there is no such thing like specials in DnD 3.5
and you are a level 1 Elf Ranger you only have 1 ft.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>