The StarBrand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cryten
Can anyone help me out?

I'd like to know the status of the StarBrand now. Last I knew, Quasar had both it and the Quantum Bands.

That makes him extremely powerful.

Where is it now? Does he still have it? If not who? And why isn't it sought after in the Marvel Universe?

Doom w/the StarBrand....
Thanos

Where is it now?

Krissy Von Doom
Last I remember when Quasar was knocked into the New Universe he used what little of the Starbrand was left to travel back to the regular marvel universe... the power burnt itself out on the journey. Quasar's friend Lyla had most of the Starbrand, but I think some aliens took it from her or something.

whobdamandog
There was actually a crossover called "starblasters"(I believe it crossed over between issues of Quasar, Silver Surfer, and Fantastic Four) which dealt with the whole starbrand issue. The Living Tribunal actually ended up giving the brand back to Kayla, and exiling her to the "New Universe" due to the fact that the brand was messing up the "Balance of Power" in the mainstream marvel multiverse..Quasar opted to stay with Kayla in the New Universe, but then changed his mind and went back to Earth 616..(Mainstream Marvel Earth)

Oh Yeah and every one who has ever possessed the brand ends up wiith a fraction of its power, and can not die...even after they give it a way..So Quasar can't die anymore apparently...

goku-vs-superma
what is the starbrand and what are the powers it grants

ScarletSpider
What was this New Universe? Just a plot convenience, or was it Malibu, back when Marvel actually used it's acquired rights to the former company.

whobdamandog
The New universe was essentially what it was entitled..lol.. a "new" Marvel comic book Universe..it was started in the mid 80's by Marvel in an attempt to branch out from their standard "comic book" universe and have more realistic storylines...some of the titles of the line were DP7..Starbrand..and their were a few others..it tanked pretty bad...Starbrand was the only title that had a descent fan following..

As for what the starbrand is and what it does..well..its kind of like the Infinity Gauntlet of the NU(New Universe) and the wielder of it can essentially do anything they want..since its power has been stated to be infinite.

I believe that it only gives the wielder omnipotence..and not omniscience(just my opinion)...most of the users however..just use the brand to become a "superman" of a sort

...people who have possessed the brand..always retain a fraction of its powers after transferring it to another wielder..and can not die..

Quasar go the brand when he was inadvertently sent the NU while traveling across the multiverse to help out Utau the Watcher...and got blasted out of Marvel's multivers into the "Omniverse"(series of multiverse's..which would include DC, Image, Dark horse, and the real world multiverses..) He received the brand from the NU's original wielder, and had to use the brand to get himself back to Marvel's mainstream multiverse..

whobdamandog
Oh yeah in the NU..all of Marvels characters were referred to as being comic book characters..kind of ironic..lol

goku-vs-superma
and what are the quantum bands?

goku-vs-superma
props to whodamandog for being an incredible comic book nerd.... my hat is tipped to you. lol.

whobdamandog
Duuuude.. I get tons of pun tang with these skills... laughing laughing laughing

ScarletSpider
The Quantum bands are Quasar's girlie bracelets that give him his powers.

goku-vs-superma
damn you Quasar!!!!!!!

goku-vs-superma
so whats the point of having a character who has the starheart and the quantum bands.... thats a bit over kill dont you think?

whobdamandog
well technically speaking..he really doesn't have the brand anymore..but all recepients of the brand end up with immortality after its been removed or transferred to someone else...

DarkKermit
Loved StarBrand (and DP7) of the NewU.
I for one would like to see a jump into that universe every now and again by Marvel to see how it is progressing. The school of thought is that the NewU time progresses real time with the Marvel U. So alot can happen while we aren't watching.

Oh. And anyone who doubts my love for the Brand...check the forum Avatar.
cool

K Von Doom
That's why Quasar can beat Thor, Silver Surfer, Blackbolt, Gladiator and Thanos put together. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.