R.O.D! Read or Die!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

taft
I saw IT

Yuna33
uh-huh...

shangheid
yah...

Yuna33
ok, anything else?

taft
dsfsdfsfsff

shangheid
hmm can someone close this...

BlackHatDefect
Umm..lesbians are in it...that means Adult Swim is becoming cool(POWER TO THE NOT SO STRAIGHT PEOPLE!)

WindDancer
Umm....can someone gives us more imput? What is the show about?

shangheid
yes please...

Jace_Rave
this show kicked ass! I like how they brought back famous inventors but made them badguys! that was unique and cool. My favorite was Beethoven...he's my new hero only because he had awesome hair and pimpin clothes! big grin
(enough input?)

shangheid
Is it scary

Jace_Rave
no, not really...but are any anime really scary?

JLred
I always see the movie when it comes out on Adult Swim. I like it alot. Especially that guy who has the Goku pole or whatever and it stretches like Goku's Pole. It's weird but i like it.

shangheid
yah i watched some of it last night it was cool

RaventheOnly
I saw it big grin it was.... well interesting.... and Readmen reminded me of someone embarrasment big grin

Jace_Rave
I gotta buy this one...i like it a lot...
It's also really unique, which is hard for anime these days (or so i think)
I love the new idea of paper as a weapon. This might have actually been down before somewhere, but I haven't seen it so...I like it!

JLred
Yup paper as weapons is cool to me!!!!!

Robo-Chocobo
I was really confused when I wateched it. Why were the books so important again?

although I did get a kick out of the inventors.

JLred
what was the name of the orginazation? Rare book retrieval?

RaventheOnly
I think it was Library Command something laughing out loud

Blasphemic_Lain
I thought it was a unique idea with a pretty cool soundtrack....

shangheid
is there a dvd of it?

Wolfie
I saw the movie. It's great! Nancy is my favorite character.

The idea of paper as a weapon is cool. Gambit from X-Men has already used playing cards as weapons but whatever.

sailormoon
Isn't there a R.O.D. 'Read or Dream' the T.V. series? I mean is it Read or Dream or Read or Die? This series comes on on Tech T.V. Anyway, that's a good show. smile

Robo-Chocobo
why the F*** are books so important in this anime?

miss_deep
There is a read or dream series as well as a read or die series. Read or dream is suppossed to be the OAV of Read or die.

miss_deep
Okay...I have a major problem.Im a die-hard R.O.D. fan and everyone's telling me its starting to come on on Adult Swim. My friend told me about a week ago after he saw the movie that showed on Friday (?). But, Saturday, I stayed up all nite watching Toonami and adult swim and it never came on. Then, Monday, another friend of mine was talking about it. When does it come on? Weekdays? Weekends? I heard it was replacing CB but I dunno. Some help?

Wolfie
Yeah, I saw it on Adult Swim. I think it was on a Friday.... It was the movie so it might not be on regularly.

JLred
Aaaaahhhh good old Read or Die barely remembered. droolio
I was looking for the DVD but couldnt find it so I bought the soundtrack...aaaahhhh.....so great......

vanilla_n_ice
lol, WOW o_O theres a R.O.D movie i never knew...
well i watched the entire series already and the ovas but i never seen the movie hmm.....
but i watched all of it on my comp since it doesnt air here in canada or it could be i just don't have the channels HAHAH, anyways i like anime better when its in japanese with subs
( for some reason english dubs just don't cut it- the voices arn't that great usually)
If any of you guys are interested you can get dl this series on net by using the bittorrent program or any other p2p application
big grin im just waiting for them to release the links in DVD quality so i can dl
hahah im a graphics freak
well... that was a long reply
byes for now

P.S if you guys thought the tv series was good you gotta see the ovas they're way better hahahaha

JLred
Ok first what are ovas??? second what the hell did that post mean?

Ironman
god damnit this show is weird ok firt its the two lesbians then the paper sister its mest up. why are the sidekick girls big breasted are they supposed to make em show ditsy. saying all ditsy girls have huge boobs.

konte66
who the girls or the bad guy plus i like the sisters there so cool but one thing confuses me where did they get there powers?

konte66
no one is a lesbian there old friends and i think the bad guys r called n.o.v.a or the alliance or some weird name but the books r important to the girls cause they luv them and the 6 or 7 special ones r to bring bac alive mr gentleman.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by JLred
Ok first what are ovas??? second what the hell did that post mean?

Ovas are released straight to DVDs and dont air originally on tv. An example would be Samurai X. Hope that cleared up somethings for u big grin

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by Ironman
god damnit this show is weird ok firt its the two lesbians then the paper sister its mest up. why are the sidekick girls big breasted are they supposed to make em show ditsy. saying all ditsy girls have huge boobs.

LOL i have no idea, its sorta an Anime stereotype

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.