Why is God called "the Creator of Heavens and Earth"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soul Taker

God to me is called the Creator of Heaven and Earth,that is, of the whole world, becuase he made it out of nothing. Making somthing out of nothing is to create.

What do you think??????

Arena Host
If you look at the bible and read the first chapter, you will realize that it (god) did not create the universe from nothing. It was created with "darkness" and "water".

finti
and then he added some butter, milk ,sugar and flower and here we are

42Bardock
thats nice so we can make some decent cake

Arena Host
Just for the record, I don't beleive any part of the modern bibles. I just stated one of the many stupid things christians repeat that is not even in it.

Jackie Malfoy
Because according to the bible he created both of them.Acouse this leaves the question on did he create the devil?JM

Cinemaddiction
The devil was once an angel.

42Bardock
Thats not stated in the bible is it? Not in the official one at least.

DirectorFitz
Yes, Satan was an angel, a very powerful one...then he lead a rebellion of Angels against God, and God through him and his angels out of Heaven and down to Earth

Oh, and God created all the angels, so, yes he did create Satan...but his angelic name was Lucifer..

finti
seems like this god cant be omnipotent omnipresence then since his closest allies revolted. But then again this is a story that you find in most mythologies, a revolt/underminding against the big chief..... guess the story is sooooooooo good all mythologies adapt it. Which leads to that they are all copycats

AdventChild
Yes, Santan was once Lucifer and was once an angel the reason though that he revolted was becuase God gave almost as much power as him and he wanted to do somthing with humans that God did not like so Lucifer revolted aginst him so God trow him in the under world

AdventChild
quote:
did not create the universe from nothing. It was created with "darkness" and "water".

and then he added some butter, milk ,sugar and flower and here we are

thats a funny come back too , i like that

Arena Host
AdventChild, I pretty sure that wasn't a comeback. It was supposed to be funny.
The bible clearly states that two other substances existed and it(god) parted the two to create the heavens aka the universe.

Storm

Imperial_Samura
Its interesting how so many religions are based on a God creating everything from some manner of primordial nothingness that consisted of water and chaos (or darkness), in some ways it is so easy to see where parts of the bible came up with its inspiration. Similar with the whole Devil aspect, things like Ancient Mesopotamian myths, Sumerian myths are in many ways similar, to a degree.

Storm
Christianity is deeply in debt to older mythologies for a lot of its beliefs and ideas - not that you' d ever hear that admitted. Most Christians don't even seem to realize it at all.

Imperial_Samura
Which is a shame. Christianity as a whole would be much richer for accepting is heritage and the message it contains..

Jackie Malfoy
Is that in the bible?If so where?If not where did you read that god created an angel that went bad and became the devil?JM

42Bardock
Again Where in the Bible is that stated? Where is the War? Is it nopt true that this so called Luzifer was a Babylonian King in the only part of the Bible where he appears. No wait I remember the Book Hiob, there the Devil is a servant of God. Please state where you got the wwar from (of course I am familiar with this story too) and then state where in the Bible The DSevil is shown as bad or even the counterpart of god. Oh and last state where the Hell is stated in the Bible. Exact would be good.

ushomefree
Give me an example? Please, enlighten me.

ushomefree
Critics sometimes charge, "Events such as the virgin birth, the resurrection and ascension, Jesus' turning water into wine and walking on water didn't really happen. They were inserted to elevate Jesus to the status of a divine figure, though, if he lived at all, he was no more then a mere mortal."

A professor of a world literature class to which Josh McDowell spoke asked the question, "What do you think of Greek mythology?" Josh answered with another question, "Do you mean, were the events of the life of Jesus, the resurrection, virgin birth, etc., just myth?" The professor answered, "Yes." Josh replied that there is an obvious difference between the events recorded about Christ in the Bible and the stories conveyed in Greak mythology that bear a vague similarity. The similar stories such as the resurrection, and others, of Greek mythology were not applied to real flesh and blood individuals, but instead to non-historical, fictional, mythological characters.

However, when it comes to Christianity, these events are attached to the historical Jesus of Nazareth whom the New Testament writers knew personally. The professor replied, "Your right, I never realized that before."

Storm
An inscription in the Vatican states plainly, "He who will not eat of my body, nor drink of my blood, so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved." This is not terribly surprising, unless you consider that this is inscribed on the remains of the temple the Vatican was built on, one dedicated to the God Mithras.
Mithras was known to his followers as "The light of the world," or "The good shepherd," and exhorted his followers to share ritual communion. Mithras was also reputedly born in a cave, with shepherds in attendance, on the twenty-fifth of December.

Thousands of years before Jesus, there was another passion story told about a God man, born of a virgin mother, in a stable. He travels about with his followers, preaching and performing miracles, including turning water into wine. Eventually, he incurs the wrath of the religious authorities, who are appalled that he refers to himself as a god. He allows himself to be arrested and tried for blasphemy. He is found guilty and executed, only to rise from the grave three days later, where the women weeping at his tomb do not recognize him until he assumes his divine form, as the God Dionysus.

These coincidences so disturbed one early Christian church father, Justin Martyr, that he accused the devil of sending an imitator of Christ in advance.

ushomefree
I'm sorry, that's supposed to be credible evidence of what? Why do we worship Jesus Christ instead of Mithras?

Answer: Lies have a short life span. And so do claims that can't be proved with secular history and archeology!

Understand? No one gives two licks about Sun Gods or Mithras for the matter!

Storm
Which I did but you don' t seem to enjoy it.

Christian fundamentalist Josh McDowell you say... well that explains a lot of you views. Speaking about errors...

ushomefree
Josh McDowell is an INTERNATIONALLY known speaker, author, and traveling representative for Campus Crusade for Christ. A graduate of Wheaton College and Talbot Theological Seminary, he has written more that forty-five books, including the classic "A Ready Defense" and appeared in numerous films, videos, and television series.

Mr. McDowell DID NOT earn such success telling a few knock-knock jokes.

Fire
So he is considered to be a fundamentalist by tons of other Theologists who have attened far more known universities.

it aint cause he is succesfull that what he says is true. And he sure as hell aint succesfull because of his clear and unbiased insights

ushomefree
Then why is Josh McDowell successful?

Storm

finti
classic??? maybe a classic among those of limited knowledge not among the enlighten ones, or in other words those who actually can read

Fire
Jerry Springer is succesfull that doesn't make everything he says true

ushomefree
Enough about Josh McDowell... we are getting away from the point. All Josh did was present facts through secular history that support the Christian faith. If Josh was wrong, then historians and archeologists got it wrong too.

Further more, if nothing he said was true, people wouldn't consider him an authority in apologetics. People would walk away. It's that simple.

finti
and more and more actually do

Storm
The Verdict? A Reply to Josh McDowell

clickclick
Thats not what it says at all.

Arena Host
clickclick, one problem with you christians is that you came up with all sorts of beleifs by reading just one sentence and not what is before or after it.
The first sentence says:
In the beggining (beggining of what?) God created the heavens and the earth.
No.2:
And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep, and the spirit of God moved across the waters (aka the deep)
-Later(god) parted the waters and the darkness to create the heavens.

The first sentence is saying: This is what god did, he created this.
It does not mean anything else. The definition of create does not mean out of nothing.

Think about this and look it over and ask yourself,"Where the hell in the bible does it state or imply that he created the earth and the heaven from nothing?"

clickclick
Do not insult me because you have an inferiority complex, that is not my problem.

What do you think the begining means? The begining of the universe. Its funny that you claim one of the problems is such and such and yet you make things up. Are you so desperate that you have to lie to try and make a point or discredit something? I sure hope not but it appears to be the case. It doesnt say that he made it out of water, or koolaid, or cream cheese.

finti
suger and flower on the other hand

Arena Host
Sometimes opinions are insults. These are my true opinions. They are bias and have also been spoken in arrogance. I apologize, I don't even know if you are a christian.

An inferiority complex is when someone needs social acceptance. I do not need social acceptance, I desire it. I desire to change other people's opinions. I'm on a mission, not playing a game.

In your opinion, what did I lie about? I might have made a mistake in what I stated that needs correcting. Just give me your opinion please and I wont argue with you. I'm just want to know.

darktim1
Yeah but you are forgetting their are three heavens the first is where god dwells, the second is where all angels and demons and satan dwell until Michial the arc angel throws him to the earth during tribulation period the third heaven is the universe so see god made earth to be another heaven like place but when sin entered man death came oh yeah we all have are opinion on how god created heavens and earth but most people do say that they believe in gods way more than in evolution.

finti
three heavens huh, just like first second and third class then..........I think I take businees class with a glassof red wine to go

Arena Host
You learned this in spiritual warfare class right? Please tell me where this information is, in the bible.

Let me rephrase the first sentence of the bible then:
At the start of the universe a god created the universe.

darktim1
I study bible prophecy and it says in revelation that mike and his angels will fight the dragon and he will be thrown to the earth thats why it says woe to the inhabitants on the earth if you can't find it then try going to JVIMP.COM and you can find all about heaven their I know the truth and thats what I'm sticking to because when it comes to gods angels I respect them especially mike the arc angel he is protector of Israel.

Arena Host
Thanks, darktim1. I'm still skeptical about this, but so far it seems like valid information to me.

Celestialgirl
No it wasn't read Genesis 1 & 2 more properly

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Soul Taker

God to me is called the Creator of Heaven and Earth,that is, of the whole world, becuase he made it out of nothing. Making somthing out of nothing is to create.

What do you think??????

Because He created them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.