"Lord of the Rings: Ultimate Edition" Jackson talks on how he wants to take our money

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
USA Today spoke with "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy director Peter Jackson on the set of King Kong where he revealed that they still want to develop an Ultimate "Lord of the Rings" DVD Collection.

The set will included the three extended versions (not combined into one film) and likely won't arrive in stores for another two or three years.

"I don't want to add more footage," Jackson says. "There's as much in there as we want. Eventually you are just going to go backward and weaken the films." Instead, he would prefer to simply show the unused deleted scenes and explain why they were cut.

Jackson would also like to include feature-lenght documentaries, made by longtime associate Costa Botes, on the making of the movies. "There are no commentary or interviews. It's like a reality TV show," Jackson says.

He adds that the bloopers, or "bleepers" as Jackson calls them, would also be a new feature. They were previously only shown to the major cast members as a farewell tribute after they finished filming.

WindDancer
Awesome! He wants to take my money.....thats fine! As long as he provides me with some lenghty hours of entertainment. I really don't mind paying for it. I defenetly want an Ultimate LOTR Collection DVD set. thumb up

Jackie Malfoy
I don't think the m ovies were worth buying so no he can't take my money.I think the movies were too disapoiting the books are alot better!JM

Beastro
Great move.He knows that there are alot of suckers out there willing to see extended footage about elves and leprechauns.

He's a great directir but he's money crazy just like George Lucas.

WindDancer
All directors are money crazy. Lucas and Jackson just know how to market things more profitable. And yes I'm a sucker. yes

johnnywooh
wow il be buying it. yes

Beastro
Not all directors are money crazy.Few directors actually try and persue a series as long as Jackson and Lucas.

SlipknoT
I have all 3 extended editions, I need nothing more.

Morning_Glory
i have one extended version for the Fellowship of the Rings and thats all i need

i dont need to see how they made Smiegel and all the hobits .. blah blah blah

its all redundant

Beastro
Exactly.Who needs an hour more of a bunch of hobbits and elves talking?Its not enough that Jacksons made millions off the movie's.He needed to make extended editions,extended extended editions,box sets,and now a new hobbit flick.Just give it a rest for crying out loud.

The Ones
exactly

JKozzy
Hey, so am I yes

I'm a sucker for Ultimate Collections, and I'll be damned if I don't get this one stick out tongue

The Ones
nooooooo. another person has fallen into the trap

WindDancer
Oh yeah! big grin

I hope this Ultimate Collectors edition comes with a cool polystone sculpture just like the other Extended versions of the LOTR DVD sets! eek!

More! More! More!

The Ones
no! no! noooooooooooooo!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.