football Too much money the real story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goldensky
The big debate in football is the antics of over paid football players of today. Iam 21 and been a season ticket holder for leeds united most of my life(yea i know) for most of what i can remeber football clubs have been held to ransom to greedy football players. its sad to the think that football is now more of a Business than a passion. A typical example of money doin the talking is the chelsea team i can remeber when critcs once said to leeds united that you could never buy the title.. with chelsea's billions that doesnt seem to be the case they have bought sucess, what chance does any club have when you have when you have your big big buyes dictating the transfer market.. Am i just a bitter leeds fan what you lot think

Samas-adian
It's like that in most major sport leagues.
MLB, there's a few teams that get the big talent like the Yankee's
NHL. no question.
NBA, less severe because of a salary cap
NFL, pretty much non-existant.

That's what happens when free agency is allowed or transfers.

Df02
i dunno....ur probably holding a bit of a bitter taste because of the leeds situation being soo awful atm. but i agree with ur opinion on the chelsea situation.

just have to remember that as soon as ruskie gets bored and walks out (which he inevitably will), Chelsea are left with a huge salary bill and no1 to pay it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.