Did Darkhorse make a mistake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IRTMU-Dragon
Alright, alright, I know Hellboy was pretty awesome, besides the fact it was so ORIGINAL (whole anti-hero VS bad guy/ancient evil/time traveling thing) Darkhorse made good money by franchising it into a movie...

But what about Son of The Mask? I was truly hoping for the original Dark Horror they were aiming for in the First movie, but switched it to a comical Dark Comedy type film... But no, apparently back in 1998 they were planning The Mask 2, Revenge of The Mask, but it never happened, now we get this crap...
Seriously, the movie looks like Looney Tunes on crack... and im really upset.
IM A HUGE FAN of anything symbiotic, this includes Venom, and The Mask happens to be symbiotic, or in a mutual relationship with its host, thats symbiotic.
I own every single The Mask comic book to date, with the last series being Joker Mask, horrible, but I bought them, they stopped making the nonehref and the merchandise sold out, but it took a good 4 years before everyone stopped talking about the movie... it was genius...

Did they make a mistake with Son of The Mask? I mean, I was really hoping for something more insane and crazy, then a baby, and The Mask with ears.

I see they put the old Toy Car in the movie, which also looks gay... old merchandise, theyre bringing back... I was really hoping for something as excellent as Revenge was planned to be... There wont be a Mask 3 after this... But hey, what do you guys think?

SnakeEyes
well, if u wanna know if i am dissapointed with the upcoming sequel "Son of the Mask" then my answer is HELL YES

IRTMU-Dragon
FINALLY, SOMEONE REPLIES! I feel so horrible making this thread now, no one cares!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.