Arwens Song

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rohanspear543
I heard this song on the house of healing scene of the ROTK extended dvd anyone know if its on any cd?

Suzuka
I don't know if it is, but I really disliked the song. I was like 'why is this here?'

I'm wondering why "Use well these days" wasn't in the EE

Exabyte
It isn't, but there was a download link somewhere if you need it... wait a moment, I think it was this one:
ftp://ftp.herr-der-ringe-film.de/pub/multimedia/soundfiles/arwenssong.mp3

^^

Mandos
THanxs I don't have the extended edition

Thorondor
I love the song and i don't know why lol, but i'm finding it hard to believe that's her singing.

MC John 117
It's sounds....too techno for LotR....

Thorondor
No it doesn't messed

MC John 117
No....wait.....
???

Sorry, I'm f*cked right now....

shadowy_blue
w00t! I love this song. big grin I was so shocked when I found out that it was Liv, lol...but I still love it. happy

Suzuka
I didn't like it because it didn't seem to flow, like a LoTR song should.

It's all "I...wish...I....could...hold you....clloooser"

Yeah, it was just too weird for me O_o

Thorondor
Because it was meant for the uniting of eowyn and faramir messed

Suzuka
Hey, Farmamir+Eowyn make a good pair >.>

rohanspear543
smile big grin eek!

Discos
ok for starters, dont search for pity here mandos, we all know you have no EE.

It doesnt sound LOTR-Y? lol thats something I would never of heard on this forum. The song is perfect, I enjoyed it. I was watching it today and remembering reading (from this forum of course) that it wa a character who sang it, I was trying to guess it was actually Miranda lol.

johnnywooh
yea i agree discos, the song was perfect. I loved Billy Boyd's too, that was awesome smile

Discos
indeed it was, i would never of thought it would soundlike that when I read it.

Suzuka
Oh well, my opinion stick out tongue

orient_celts
I haven't heard the song yet but my friend forwarded this lyrics:

Arwen's Song
Sung by Liv Tyler

With a sigh
You turn away
With a deepening heart
No words to say

You will find
That the world has changed forever.

The trees are now turning from green to gold
And the sun is now fading
I wish I could hold you closer

Naredhel
Well I LOVE it! I just wish it'd made the CD. I actually clipped my own version of that song a long time ago, and IMO it's clipped better. I'll host and post when I'm back from college big grin

aniron
Ok liv is my heroin, ok she is naturally beautiful everyone says she is kind she is great actress, now becoming a great mother, and now she is a beautiful singer.
the song wasn't about eowyn and faramir, she was going to have it in her vision of her son in ttt but they moved the vision to rotk so it wasn't there so they put this gorgeous song in the house of healing.
I wish it was on the soundtrack it really got me the way lotr does. and i anyone says differently i'll pump them full of coffee beans.

Thorondor
She never had a vision of her son in TTT.

Naredhel
Hey, I've uploaded my clips of this. There's one which is normal, and another one which is a duet - I clipped and overlapped two bits and they fit together in harmony!

Normal Version

Duet Edit

Suzuka
They were GOING to put it in TTT, but they ran out of room...aniron speaks the truth stick out tongue

Thorondor
Thanks for the useless information big grin

rohanspear543
LOL, I like how the water is in the song but i wouldn't want the chain mail going up and down on the CD

Suzuka
No problem Thor, that's what I'm here for ^^v

aniron
except the information isn't useless othing to do with lotr is useless unless it's lotr bashing lol.

rohanspear543
Also (off topic) i didnt like how they left out the violin part from the rohirrm part or pellenor fields from da cd

XElvenWarriorX
actually, there is unbelievably no CD that has Arwen's Song on it...it's a really good song

Fianna
I got a special editon CD of the TTT which had some tracks from the exteneded edition of FOTR on..maybe they will do the same from ROTK?

Scottish Hobbit
I don't find it hard to believe that it's Liv Tyler... considering her father's the frontman for Aerosmith, she obviously inherited some singing talent.

hyper_horsegirl
You people really should pay attention. Okay. Now I'm going to say what is already said in the Appendices of the ROTK Extended DVD. If you watch the section on music, you would know all this information.

This song was originally intended for the scene in which Arwen has the vision of her son. This scene was also intended for The Two Towers, but got pushed back because it slowed the story line down. When the scene got pushed back to ROTK, the song did too. When they began to focus on the scene as it went in to ROTK, they realized that to see Arwen and her vision and to hear her singing was just a little odd. So they wrote a new song for the scene sung by Renee Flemming.

Now they're stuck with a wonderful song and no where to put it. They realized it would work in the houses of healing because in a sense the same thing is occuring there too only with Eowyn. It also ties the two women together in their love for Aragorn. So you're looking at Eowyn and Aragorn, but hearing Arwen's voice. Pretty neat if you ask me.

No new information here, just what was given to us on the DVD. And I suggest that people get their information right before they post so they don't make fools of themselves. If I have gotten any of this wrong, please correct me as I haven't watched that particular section in a little while. But watch it first and you'll get the full story and reasoning of the people who actually made it, which really makes this a waste of time...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.