My cousin has cancer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Loving_Daniel11
Yep, he's only 17. Around a month ago, maybe a couple weeks his arm swelled up really big and he was taken to the hospital where they thought it was one thing, which I cant remember the word for it. Turns out its a really REALLY rare type of bone cancer that has already spread up to his brain. He's in Stage 4. My dad told me today that Justin probably wont live.
I dont really know Justin "That Well" but we've talked and stuff, its just a hard thing to deal with.

Fearnix
crythat really sucks

Loving_Daniel11
Yes it does.

T.M
im sorry to here that LD

Baby Beast Boy7
it sucks like hellcry

right?

Angie79
That's so awful. sad

My father had lung cancer. He offed himself recently because of it. That was a different situation though - I don't miss him.

***hugs***

Loving_Daniel11
Thanks TM
Sure does Beast Boy.
Aww. Sorry though. *Huggles*

Baby Beast Boy7
it must suck having cancer.....

Loving_Daniel11
Yeah. And the funny thing is is that I just saw him at christmas and I have a picture of him laughing and cutting up, and the next thing you know..two weeks later he's at a hospital.

Fearnix
I have never met any one with cancer.

it just really suck

Loving_Daniel11
My grandpa died of it and some of his relatives, my dad's friend has it and only has a week or so left, my cousin has it now...

Fearnix
most of my relative's have died of unnatural causes cry

Alpha Centauri
If they can cut it out early enough hopefully everything will be ok.

It's such a sad thing, I know how it is.

If you need to talk, don't hesitate.

-AC

Loving_Daniel11
No babe they cant just cut it out. Its IN his bones, and has spread to his brain.

Alpha Centauri
Ohh my bad, I didn't see the bone thing.

I'm very very sorry. Truly.

You have my condolances.

-AC

Fearnix
Cancer is truly something to fear sad

silver_tears
I'm sorry for you sad

§pearhead
djee...messed my condolences sad

Fearnix
as Keith Caputo put's it

This Cancer is killing me as much as it's killing you.

Loving_Daniel11
Thanks for the support sad Ill try and keep this thread updated. I Hope I get to visit him.

Gisele
OMG!!Are you talking about justin syle!!!I grew up with him in maryland..hes 17 and has cancer.....omg...sad

charmedFairy
Sorry, LD11, you have my condolences also sad

Drifter101
yea ive delt w/ a cousin dying, but it was outta nowhere, he had something wrong w/ his heart, the doctors dont know what it was they said causes unknown in the end, but anyway, it is somewhat better to prepare yourself for this type of thing then for it to happen outta the blue like it did for my cousin, it may be more peaceful, i dont know i havent delt w/ that type of death, only this random "why?" type

Loving_Daniel11
thanks Fairy.
Yea that's nicely put Drifter.

Jackie Malfoy
I hope he fights it or gets a cure for it.Canor is no fun.Your counsin is in my prays tonight!Love yea!JM

Sarah Malfoy
im sorry!! i cant think about that, its so sad! im sorry, very very sorry!

Ronny
cry **** cancer!

Loving_Daniel11
Thanks guys. I love when my internet friends support me smile Gets me through the days!

crying-freeman
I'm truely sorry to hear the news of your cousin! If you need to talk, to any member of kmc we are here for you!

JToTheP
I'm sorry to hear that. That's....wow, I've NEVER heard of that sort of form of bone cancer. I'm sorry again.

fever red
I'm sorry, LD. 17 is so young. I hope you can visit him, but it will be tough. He may not be in a clear state of mind if he is treated with radiation, chemo, or palliative measures. Still, it helped me to visit when someone in my family died of cancer. For her it was very long. I'm so sorry your cousin is so suddenly, severely ill. I pray for his recovery. If his cancer is terminal, then I pray that he will have some time and the health to do the things he needs/wants to do.

Loving_Daniel11
Thanks cf and jt!
He hasnt started chemo yet but he has something inserted called..port I think. Its inserted into the opposite side of the arm that was found first effected. Yes, It's hard to face something like that, and so suddenly too. I guess it shows you you especially need to enjoy your life while it seems to be going great because you never know what you may face the next day in life.

fever red
OK, the port will probably be for administering chemo. If they're treating him and not simply offering palliative care (pain management) this is good. It means they are fighting to give him the most and best time they can. They would not do this if there weren't a fair possibility of extending his life and having it be quality.

Loving_Daniel11
Yes I know, thats true. His mother (My aunt) Is so so tore up about it, but who wouldnt be ya know. She wont leave his side. Some of my relatives are going to see him today, I might be able to go. Im not sure.

Clovie
i'm very sorry.

Loving_Daniel11
'tis alright

Kosta
Thats really sad LD, My thoughts and prairs are with you. sad

The Inkeeper
hug
Im so sorry to hear that, my gran died of cancer, and then three years after so did my granda, it really really isnt a nice ting watching sombody with cancer slowly just....fade away infront of you.

Im again, so sorry sad hughug

Filth
i'm sorry to here this hope he gets better big grin

Loving_Daniel11
I just got back a few minutes ago from seeing him. He was asleep the whole time but we were with my aunt in the family room and some of my other relatives visiting. I got to go in and see him though but had to sanitize my hands and wear a face mask before I could enter. It's really sad. He's always been a small boy around 112-120 lbs Id say, my aunt said since he hasnt been eating he's now down to 100 lbs.... His chemo started yesterday but my dad says the illness is terminal so he wont live for too much longer. They took MRI scans and stuff but they havent figured out if the cancer has spread into the tissue in his brain yet but if it has it will just reduce his time on earth. He's been really sick, my aunt says he's pretty fine when he's laying down but when he gets up he gets sick and vomits..which is pretty much why he's lost all the weight, that and he isnt eating and stuff. It's pretty sad to see.

Fetcharada
sad i'm so sorry.....hope he gets better

Loving_Daniel11
I just got back a few minutes ago from seeing him. He was asleep the whole time but we were with my aunt in the family room and some of my other relatives visiting. I got to go in and see him though but had to sanitize my hands and wear a face mask before I could enter. It's really sad. He's always been a small boy around 112-120 lbs Id say, my aunt said since he hasnt been eating he's now down to 100 lbs.... His chemo started yesterday but my dad says the illness is terminal so he wont live for too much longer. They took MRI scans and stuff but they havent figured out if the cancer has spread into the tissue in his brain yet but if it has it will just reduce his time on earth. He's been really sick, my aunt says he's pretty fine when he's laying down but when he gets up he gets sick and vomits..which is pretty much why he's lost all the weight, that and he isnt eating and stuff. It's pretty sad to see.

Im going to go ahead and repost this since it got knocked back a page, so people can see it since I said Id keep it updated.

fever red
That's horrible. I'm sorry. Good for you for visiting. I know that helps your Aunt, and your cousin- it will matter to him that you were there.

Loving_Daniel11
Yea, I didnt want to leave when we did but had to. He'll be going home tuesday if everything goes a-okay so my parents said I get to visit him when he goes home smile . Wow, this is totally bummer, I mean I know i dont know him that well but we've grown up together in a sense..He's only a year older than I am and I've seen him at every family reunion since I can remember, and just this previous summer he was playing kickball and having fun. Now he's in a hospital bed, having to have chemicals injected into his body and everything....

BasketCase
Aw, Im so sorry. sad

Loving_Daniel11
thanks

KidRock
2 words..

Lance Armstrong.

dark1365
At this time, one may pray for a miracle. You have my concern and hope for his health.

Loving_Daniel11
Please do. As I did too last night. A miracle is majorly needed.

Napalm
sorry

Loving_Daniel11
THank you sad

ladygrim
sad

Dark princess
omg i'm sooo sorry I hope things turn out for the best I'm really sorry hope things get good thoughhug

Loving_Daniel11
thank you

Dark princess
no problemhug

Loving_Daniel11
sad

~Air Angel~
I am sorry to hear about this. I hate CANCER....it's taken a toll on my family..... my aunt just got diagnosed with it and my mother died from Cancer and my uncle died a couple years ago from it as well.

WE NEED A CURE.....THAT LASTS!!!!!! FOR EVERONE!!! hug

Loving_Daniel11
Yes we do sad

Dark princess
awww I'm srry my grandma is dieing right knowbawling

~Air Angel~
hug

Dark princess
I'm soooo sadbawling

Loving_Daniel11
So am i. sad

~Air Angel~
don't be sad....just be glad they'll be in a better place and not in pain anymore. big grin

Loving_Daniel11
True that is. And in the past few days my aunt told me that pain is all he's been experiencing, especially from the surgery and chemo. sad He has to keep going back every three weeks for the next year for treatments if he makes it that long. He may get to leave the hospital tomorrow if everythings alright...I will get to visit him at his home sad smile

~Air Angel~
Cousin's are special so enjoy your time with him! big grin My cousin died of muscular dystrophy when I was 16... i was so sad. sad but am glad he's somewhere better! smile

Loving_Daniel11
Yes they are, Justin's a good boy.

dark1365
How is he right now...?

Loving_Daniel11
As of after yesterday I know nothing of the moment, Im sorry to say. Ill probably get more updates in the next few days. All I know is that he is very sick and is administering his second day of chemo, and if everything goes well he gets to go home tomorrow.

Loving_Daniel11
Small Update: Some of my uncles and other relatives went up to their house and sanitized his room, we may be putting in an air clean system for him.

A4E
well does that mean he's not in mortal danger anymore?

Loving_Daniel11
No it basically means that his room is disinfected from any germs, because he cant be exposed to too much contact of it. Thats why every time we entered his hospital room we had to sanitize our hands and wear face masks.

NASA
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yep, he's only 17. Around a month ago, maybe a couple weeks his arm swelled up really big and he was taken to the hospital where they thought it was one thing, which I cant remember the word for it. Turns out its a really REALLY rare type of bone cancer that has already spread up to his brain. He's in Stage 4. My dad told me today that Justin probably wont live.
I dont really know Justin "That Well" but we've talked and stuff, its just a hard thing to deal with.

let me cry some croc tears for just a sec will ya

Neo Darkhalen
That is really bad, so sorry to hear my friend, more money and time needs to be put into curing this deadly illness, my sympathies are with you and your family.

Bloigen
Originally posted by NASA

Bumping a nearly three year old thread to post an amazingly bad insult? Well, you just won yourself the internet.

Röland
EPIC FAIL?

Thorrin
Originally posted by Bloigen
Bumping a nearly three year old thread to post an amazingly bad insult? Well, you just won yourself the internet. But I wanted the Internet. herbcry

Bardock42

He died.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Thorrin
But I wanted the Internet. herbcry

Don't be stupid. What did I tell you about being stupid? That's it, you get no birthdays for the next five years.

Neo Darkhalen
You Sir have no respect, you are a......

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean

I fell sorry for you sad

FoxMeister
I've never lost anyone in my family whilst ive been around so i could get no where near to saying that i know it feels.... i lost a cat once herbeyes nope???

Neo Darkhalen
My deepest condolences, and sympathies to you; your family Sir.

Shelbert Lemon
let me cry some croc tears for just a sec will ya You're dumb.

Neo Darkhalen
He is Dumb and he is a....

In all aspects.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
He is Dumb and he is a....

In all aspects.

Wow, mario epic failed in that picture pretty badly

Bardock42
So do you and your "Please Click here to view this image"

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/mariofails.gif

Neo Darkhalen
Who me?

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Bardock42

lol, Bardock winz

Neo Darkhalen
Was he talking about me?

The Grey Fox
Was he talking about me?

I think so. You should do image brackets rather than uploading image from your computer. then you don't have to click it to view it thumb up

Neo Darkhalen
Fair enough, is that why it says, "Please Click here to view this image" or was this because of his own stupidity, I mean come on not very original to try and Own someone by posting what they posted before, quite pathetically obvious; simple, besides this is all against NASA.

Bloigen
Saying "He is a... You Fail" doesn't help either.

Neo Darkhalen
Very true, but it still was pathetically simple of him to post that.

Bardock42
Fair enough, is that why it says, "Please Click here to view this image" or was this because of his own stupidity, I mean come on not very original to try and Own someone by posting what they posted before, quite pathetically obvious; simple, besides this is all against NASA. I am not trying to own anyone. That you don't understand what I meant is rather funny though.

The Grey Fox
I am not trying to own anyone. That you don't understand what I meant is rather funny though.

I have the urge to say 'pwned' but I'll resist for now

Neo Darkhalen

Please Enlighten us, with you ulterior motive to this tale.

The Grey Fox
Please Enlighten us, with you ulterior motive to this tale.

It was probably done ironically

Neo Darkhalen
Seems fair enough, thank you very much GF.

The Grey Fox
thumb up No probs

Bardock42
Please Enlighten us, with you ulterior motive to this tale. You posted a gif by attaching it to your post, which does not show it directly, but makes you have to click on a picture that says "Please Click here to view this image", since that is rather "fail-ish" I thought it was rather funny to point out the irony and underline it with posting the gif you failed to post directly...directly.

Neo Darkhalen
But it sort of backfired, since I did not know the error of which is made apparent, but I can see the entire cause for your post know, however I still find it less then Amusing........................

Bardock42
But it sort of backfired, since I did not know the error of which is made apparent, but I can see the entire cause for your post know, however I still find it less then Amusing........................ Actually no, it did not backfire but got ignited by your misunderstanding of it, it made a decently funny thing an amazingly funny thing. Also, it was not aimed at amusing you.

Bloigen
But it sort of backfired, since I did not know the error of which is made apparent, but I can see the entire cause for your post know, however I still find it less then Amusing........................

Stop posting. herbnone

Thorrin
Don't be stupid. What did I tell you about being stupid? That's it, you get no birthdays for the next five years. I forgot what you told me. herbnone

Neo Darkhalen
Hmmmmm let me think.... a how about NO, I understand now the amusing joke but this is quite disrespectful to the aim of this thread, and as such we decent people should return back to the topic, and also show a little more restraint and respect.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Thorrin
I forgot what you told me. herbnone 10 BIRTHDAYS!!!

Neo Darkhalen
Stop posting. herbnone

NO.

The Grey Fox
I still feel sorry for the OP sad

FoxMeister
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
I still feel sorry for the OP sad
Old Pensioner?

Neo Darkhalen
So do I.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by FoxMeister
Old Pensioner?

lol! Original Poster big grin

the welsh one
Original Pranksta?

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by the welsh one
Original Pranksta?

I don't think the OP is pranking anybody welshy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.