prime numbers counting game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BloodBird
COUNT IN ORDER OF PRIME NUMBERS

§pearhead

no more counting games, djee no expression

42Bardock
this is gonna be a relativly short thread i think.

dave123
1 isn't a prime erm

42Bardock
yes it is shut up

dave123
was that aimed at me? confused

42Bardock
quite possibly

dave123

1 isn't a prime stick out tongue

BloodBird
prime numbers are numbers that can only be "DIVIDED BY 1 AND ITSELF" now then after 17 is:

42Bardock
I count it as one, **** mathematicians, I know its not taken as one but I belive it shoudl sooooo I'll go with that

dave123
Prime numbers are used in calculating the Highest Common Factor

Basically, you have to divide each number BY IT'S SMALLEST PRIME until you end up with a prime itself...

now if 1 were a prime, you'd be there all day, saying

356/1 = 356
356/1 = 356
356/1 = 356
356/1 = 356
356/1 = 356
356/1 = 356
356/1 = 356
356/1 = 356

42Bardock
True, but isn'T the definition of a prime that it is only divideable by 1 and itself? Well.....
But for peaces sake and since you are cool and all we will not count it here aight?

therefore 23

dave123
just for the record, that's not a definiton of a prime zorro

BloodBird
will u shut the **** up EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY NUMBER THAT CAN BE EITHER ONLY DIVIDED BY ONE HENCE "ONE" IDIOT AND/OR ITSELF THE NUMBER ITSELF "IS" A PRIME NUMBER GOD!!!!!

Draco69

dave123
jeeze, calm down, it's only maths...

and you're still wrong wink

42Bardock
dudes you are all aggressive
still I like to belive 1 is a prime number

Draco69

dave123
no

42Bardock
Its 47 now

§pearhead
...you missed 5.

dave123
i was 5, dumbass stick out tongue he carried on where I should have said it

§pearhead
right embarrasment and 27's not prime either messed

R0B
This is an internet forum, not school smile

dave123
yeah, the person that think's 27 is a prime also thinks 1 is... roll eyes (sarcastic)

42Bardock
errr I think its 89 now

and cut the BS

(Edit) no its 97 I am sorry
hey I never said its 27

Draco69
*sigh* Our educational system sucks. no

42Bardock
you people that forget to post a number suck
103 I guess

dave123
not you, bloodbird

BloodBird
what number does 27 get dived by besides 27 and 1 and ok for the last time y don't u go to yahoo searhc enguine and look up PRIME NUMBERS THEN TELL US IT ISN'T ONE!!!

42Bardock
3 dude

dave123
9..... and 3.... no expression

BloodBird
DO IT RIGHT IN ORDER DAMNIT

42Bardock
yea I forgot 9

(edit) 137

dave123
you are wrong and you know it Happy Dance

§pearhead
I love this thread laughing out loud

dave123
Dave against the world eek!

we have a passion for maths stick out tongue

dave123
correction, i have a passion for being right, and proving others wrong big grin

42Bardock
He means post number after number, I refuse to do that I will give the post the number it deserves

(edit) 163

BloodBird
cannot count can u?!?!? go here dave http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/HistTopics/Prime_numbers.html

FROM THIS NUMBER CONTINUE IN ORDER OMG!!!!

119 FROM THERE3 MEANING THE NEXT ONE IS 123

§pearhead
right on...I'm just here to point out other people's mistakes stick out tongue

42Bardock
shut up
post number (in prime) 173

(edit) 179

**** its fast

BloodBird
if u think 1 isn't a prime number and r stupid go here then http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/HistTopics/Prime_numbers.htmlhttp://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/HistTopics/Prime_numbers.htmlhttp://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/HistTopics/Prime_numbers.htmlhttp://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/HistTopics/Prime_numbers.html

BloodBird

42Bardock

183 is not a prime number I think.

Oh and 1 is not a real Prime Number. Math doesn'T consider it as one, I do. We don't count it as one by the way at the moment

BloodBird

§pearhead
great site confused

dave123
I'm sorry, that proves.... what? confused

http://www.math.utah.edu/~alfeld/math/prime.html

the university of Utah says.... Dave is correct eek!

42Bardock
211 now

42Bardock
Actually I am wrong. Its 229 now.

42Bardock

oh c'mon people this is fun. We can make fun of each other when we got something wrong. Post!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

42Bardock

Pleasecry. I like this thread.

BloodBird
241 and last time 1 is prime nimber now quiet

MC Mike
Let me help you all out here.

Divisibility of Numbers

Dividing By 2
- If the number is even it is divisible by 2.

Dividing by 3
- Add up the digits. If the sum is divisible by three, then the number is as well.
Examples:
111111: the digits add to 6 so the whole number is divisible by three.
87687687. The digits add up to 57, and 5 plus seven is 12, so the original number is divisible by three.

Dividing by 4
- Look at the last two digits. If the number formed by its last two digits is divisible by 4, the original number is as well.
Examples:
100 is divisible by 4.
1732782989264864826421834612 is divisible by four also, because 12 is divisible by four.

Dividing by 5
- If the last digit is a five or a zero, then the number is divisible by 5.

Dividing by 6
- Check 3 and 2. If the number is divisible by both 3 and 2, it is divisible by 6 as well.

Dividing by 7
- To find out if a number is divisible by seven, take the last digit, double it, and subtract it from the rest of the number.
Example:
If you had 203, you would double the last digit to get six, and subtract that from 20 to get 14. If you get an answer divisible by 7 (including zero), then the original number is divisible by seven. If you don't know the new number's divisibility, you can apply the rule again.

Dividing by 8
- Check the last three digits. Since 1000 is divisible by 8, if the last three digits of a number are divisible by 8, then so is the whole number.
Example:
33333888 is divisible by 8; 33333886 isn't.
How can you tell whether the last three digits are divisible by 8? Phillip McReynolds answers:

If the first digit is even, the number is divisible by 8 if the last two digits are. If the first digit is odd, subtract 4 from the last two digits; the number will be divisible by 8 if the resulting last two digits are. So, to continue the last example, 33333888 is divisible by 8 because the digit in the hundreds place is an even number, and the last two digits are 88, which is divisible by 8. 33333886 is not divisible by 8 because the digit in the hundreds place is an even number, but the last two digits are 86, which is not divisible by 8.

Dividing by 9
- Add the digits. If that sum is divisible by nine, then the original number is as well. This holds for any power of three.

Dividing by 10
- If the number ends in 0, it is divisible by 10.

Dividing by 11
- Here's an even easier method, contributed by Chis Foren:
Take any number, such as 365167484.

Add the first, third, fifth, seventh,.., digits.....3 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 4 = 22

Add the second, fourth, sixth, eighth,.., digits.....6 + 1 + 7 + 8 = 22

If the difference, including 0, is divisible by 11, then so is the number.

22 - 22 = 0 so 365167484 is evenly divisible by 11.

Dividing by 12
- Check for divisibility by 3 and 4.

Dividing by 13
- Here's a straightforward method supplied by Scott Fellows:
Delete the last digit from the given number. Then subtract nine times the deleted digit from the remaining number. If what is left is divisible by 13, then so is the original number.

dave123
no, no it's not....
search it up on google roll eyes (sarcastic)

BloodBird
i am never posting this topic i mean in this topic again so for the last timeTHAT ISN'T PRIME NUMBERS THIER NOT DIVISIBLE BBY THIS WHEN ADDED SIOT IT IS ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANYANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY I REPEAT ANY NUMBER DIVISBLE BY 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ONE REPEAT ONE AND REPEAT 50 TIMES THE NUMBER ITSELF GO BACK TO SCHOOL... GOD!!!!! 243

Clovie
one is not, coz it is dividable only by 1! erm

dave123
you're the best, clovie happy

Clovie
thank you spencey happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.