The Dresden Dolls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Furious Angel
DD are one of my favorite bandscool. Their popularity is rising throughout the US, especially in the New England area as they are from Boston, Mass. Think punk meets cabaret. Amanda on the piano and vocals, and Brian on the drums. Both are excellent musicians. To see the music videos of Girl Anachronism and Coin Operated Boy, two of their most popular songs from their self titled album, go here: http://www.dresdendolls.com/video/index.htm . Enjoy! big grin

lil bitchiness
Coolio, I'll deffinitivly check out.

furryman
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oo

Furious Angel
if you 2 are the only ones that post in this thread i'll be perfectly happy happy

slashwristbarbi
Ive just bought their album, and Im definitly now a huge fan. They're not really well known over here in England...but I luv their unusual style and think the music is brill. My fav songs are Girl Anachronism and Half Jack

Alpha Centauri
I thought "Coin Operated Boy" was just too bland to be listenable. Didn't have anything to like, get into.

-AC

Deathblow
I agree.

I like their style, but they lack substance.

slashwristbarbi
I can see your point. Coin Operated Boy isnt exactly my fav on the album, but its the first song I ever heard by them, and it was more their style and the strange genre of music that attracted my attention. I ended up downloading some stuff and liked it a lot. Some of the stuff on the album - such as the fast-paced Girl Anahronism - is better to get into.

Imaginary
I like Half Jack and Gravity thumb up

Red Superfly
I'm sorry but there's no "hook" for me to grab onto.

They remind me of The White Stripes crossed with The Kills, but with none of the charisma or energy, pop-hooks or talent.

Their Glasto segment reminded me of the arthouse performance in "Spaced". Just wierd and arty, and sometimes toe-curlingly awful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.