Different AV sizes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RZA
Hi, I'm obviously a newb to this site and I just had a couple of questions and since this is the "news and questions" forum I guess I'm in the right place.

I noticed that there are different AV sizes used by members in this forum. The default seems to be 64 X 64 but some have 100 x 100. Is there a reason for this? Is it because they've been here longer or something? I also noticed that there are two beta versions that are being tested out. Will these versions change the current AV size & sig requirements? Also, what other perks do you get once you've been here a while? Ex-larger AV size, larger sig, etc.

Any info. or link to another thread would be appreciated. Thanks.

Clovie
100x100 av are curently available only for mods (evntually ex-mods)
though 'in the works' is the project of letting older users (i think it was something about a year) also let having those, but no idea when will that happen.

i don't know anything bigger sig possibilities.

and i think the ability to post links is available after you make some number of posts (50?)

that would be it

Cinemaddiction
Signatures over 500 x 200 are totally unnecessary, IMO. I also feel as if the super sized av's are honestly priviledges to moderators that I would honestly not see be the norm for everyone. It's a quick and easy way for people to identify mods from regular posters in threads, especially given the miniscule "moderator" tag below the names. The upgrade av size for regular posters has been "in the works" for a while now. Hopefully it will be delayed indefinately, lol.

Clovie
^ meanie cry

you think that a big sign 'Moderator' is not enough to defference mod from a member?
and how about ppl who are not mods any more but still has bigger avys
erm

and i would love to have bigger avy, and i know i'll never be a mod, so?

RZA
Thanks for the quick reply guys. Appreciate it.
Now on a side note, I'm noticing that for some reason my CP isn't keeping track of my subscribed threads. The only reason why I saw these two replies is because I refreshed the current page. Any ideas?

Clovie
what do you mean? you have to refresh the site to see changes.. confused

RZA
Umm...my CP is suppose to keep track of every forum and thread that I post in and for some reason there is nothing there. When I click on view all threads nothing shows up, even when I refresh, this post in this thread in this forum right now should be there and for some reason nothing is there? confused

Clovie
confused no idea, for me it works fine

RZA
Hmm...oh well, maybe it will fix itself or somethin. Thanks for your help. smile

Raz
If you want the subscribing to happen automatically, then set "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" to "yes" in your options. This will mean, however, you will be sent emails everytime someone posts in a thread you are subscribed to.

Cinemaddiction
I dunno. Text gets lost in the shuffle. Raz extends old school mods big av's sometimes, that his call. You guys want 'em for the same reasons I wanna keep them exclusive. They're cool, lol. stick out tongue

I won't freak if we do lose them, nothing I can do about it, it's just a nice perk, and apparently has been closer to 4 years, and I don't see a need to break tradiiton. When you guys say "bigger", wouldn't somehting like 80 x 80 do? Just not my precious century mark. cry

Rza, sounds like you've got cookie issues, also.

dave123
I think the 'normal' members should get bigger avs.... but there should still be something to distiguish mods from others.

perhaps give normal members 100x100, and mods avatars with a flashy glowy border zorro

lil bitchiness
We've got the ''moderator'' under our names as a distinguishing sign. And if members are already to have bigger avvys i vote 100x100, but maybe give us some dots or something.... i want dots too embarrasment cry

A4E
lol good idea dave!

dave123
http://caps.ncbs.res.in/dsdbase/star-small-blinking.gifhttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar7273_21.gifhttp://caps.ncbs.res.in/dsdbase/star-small-blinking.gif

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud what the hell...??

A4E
lol great dave!

Clovie
i don't see glow cry (what normaly is not a problem dev)

Syren
I agree with Milla, also Dave... combine their ideas and give mods big, flashy, dotty, sexelicious avvys... and members just plain old 100x100 smartass

dave123
droolio my idea is gorgeous

Silver Stardust
Well, originally when we'd been asking Raz for bigger avvies for regular members, I think he said something like 85x85 avvies for members that have been around more than a year...though of course this is still "in the works" wink

A4E
lol "in the works" sounds funny

Tex
The whole "dot" thing is like SO 2002! It's been done! schmoll

And glow doesn't show in Mo...zilla Firefox. stick out tongue

Raz
haha! Search Google for glow tag firefox, guess where it takes you? evil face

dave123
eek! Sexy!

Tex
Shameless publicity whores! stick out tongue

furryman
I demand an enlargement eek!

Raz
only when you give up the booze wacko

furryman
okay, done, I've found the error of my ways, I'm straight edge from here nerd I've found religion, to be more precise, I've founded religion - worshipping the god that is Kriss Akabusi

Cinemaddiction
How about something like our user names in color, bold, as they appear in the online registry, or stars under the moderator titles? Something fashionable.

furryman
like a Gucci label? eek!

Tex
I went with Chanel...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2815555#post2815555

furryman
glare

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud mwahaha!

Cinemaddiction
Know, what Texy? I was actually going to consult with you.

But Gucci? Chanel? roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm more a Louis Vuitton guy myself.

*struts away*

A4E
lol cine!

and tex whats in that link i clicked it and it said i have no authorizeation
is it a link to the bat cave eek!

Clovie
i can't open it cry

dave123
only a few can orroz

Clovie
crying

A4E
lol cry too

RZA
testing

Tex
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2815555
Does this work?

RZA
testing

Darth Surgent
It still doesn't work. weep

A4E
lol tex ure making DS cry... and clovy and me!!

death penalty!!

Clovie
cry

dave123
how about members get 100x100, and us mods get (100x100) x (100x100) wink which is 10000 x 10000 eek!

Clovie
it would take too long to load up tongue

Syren
You prat laughing out loud

I'm thinking coloured usernames for 'staff' sounds hot.... then larger avvys for veteran members happy and miniscule ones for noobs big grin

dave123
coloured names? eek!

dave123 Blue for one-forum mods
mechmoggy Red for section mods
BadKitty Green and italics for globals
Admin.... dunno? eek! maybe GLOWY eek!
Tex naturally wink

Clovie
i don't see glow big grin so Raz would look like regular member dev stick out tongue

Syren
Nope....

Admin
Global
Mod

Just because..... tongue

dave123
what about tex? stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
eek! I want my name in pretty colour droolio

dave123
ta-da eek!

Raz
Here ya go:

Tex

stick out tongue

Tex
Classic beauty. Very Marilyn Monroe circa 1962. diva
I could totally rock that label! winkiss

You can have your tacky flashy hooker labels!

A pig in a fancy dress is still a pig. stick out tongue

*b!tch pose* diva

Dave, you have to include the post were I explain about my Liberace/Chanel creation!

Do a screen grab of it or something! schmoll

RZA
This sucks! mad

Syren
*snort*

Great, coffee covered screenage pissed

Clovie
huh what should i see there?

dave123
do it yourself stick out tongue

Raz
OK, I know I've said this before, but bigger avvies for older members (1 year+) will be here in a few days.

I will be upgrading the forum software then, and will make the changes at that time.

RZA
Raz, I thought this was the help forum? confused

Raz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f79/

RZA
So I take it you can't reset my account or anything like that?

The problem is not on my end because I don't have this problem with the other boards. That's why I asked.

Silver Stardust
Yay happy

Emma718
i like the idea

Emma718
bummer..i haven't been here for a year yet..

Syren
hug Absolute adoration reinforced happy

A4E
one year +!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!
(still about 2 months for me but still!!)

Corran
woo-hoo, I get a big one big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.