American Nightmare ( The Documentary )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Has anyone seen this documentary American Nightmare, it is fantastic, I saw it on the extras of the hills have eyes dvd. It goes into americas violent history and shows how this pyschology manifests itself in horror films like modern day grimm fairy tales. It also analyses horror throughout history.It is honestly one of the most fascinating documentaries I have seen. Highly recommended 5 stars.

It has interviews with Tobe Hooper, Wes Craven, Tom Savini ( particularly fascinating when he is talking about his experiences in vietnam), and many other horror luminaries.

eggmayo
Yeah, I saw this on English terrestrial a few halloweens back... one thing I didnt like is how they get showing people getting shot... I didnt see a reason for it

papabeard
sort of reinforced the point that it is humans who are the real monsters and that these films are influenced by external events and actions in society.

eggmayo
usaflag

dean7879
i saw it on bbc 2 a while back...quite interesting

papabeard
Anyone know of any other good Horror Documentaries?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.