Is Transformers considered Anime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Hi guys. Is transformers considered Anime? Just asking because I work at best buy, and the transformers DVD box sets keep moving from the Anime section, to TV SCi-fi, to Family.

Mainstream
I think it kinda is consider anime. which isn't a bad thing.

EyeOfApocalypse
Yes, Transformers is considered anime because it was originally created in Japan just as all other japanimation (or as we call it "anime"wink. Mobile Suit Gundam (a.k.a First Gundam, or simply Gundam) was supposed to air in the states around the same time as Transformers, but it never happened. Other animes that were brought into the states before the craze took full circle were Voltron and Robotech.

Joker1237
Yeah I conisder it Anime.

Ironman
ITS NOT ANIME, you guys just wanna deprive all the great show and call it japanese made tf was made in america thats why the animations we bad, ITS NOT ANIME. ENERGON AND ARMADA ARE ANIME. NOT G1 G2 Beast wars Beast Machiens Transformers In disguise and universe.

jnr_hiphop
Nah.. It shouldn't be considered anime/manga..
Let's say they're cartoons? and no.. anime/mange is not cartoons.

Master Mace
The Japanese version is Anime, the American is not, its that simple.

Ironman
how the hell is a japanese version of an american show anime are you saying that rugrats in japan is anime if you are your a retard.

Mainstream
Indeed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.