DVD Burners: I'm in the market.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Alright, so I think it's high time that I upgrade myself from my 16x CD-RW drive to a DVD burner. But, I'm a bit lost on what to look for. I know that there are multiple formats, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RW. So I probably should look for a burner that burns both formats, I guess. 16x for the speed I've heard would be the best bet to get, only difference there is the time it takes to burn. On average, how long would a DVD take to be made?

Also, the dual layers also come into play. I want to be able to burn a DVD with dual layers, so I don't need to split a DVD into two single-layered discs. How will that affect the price? What brands of burners should I look out for? Where can I get the best deals? How much will I be looking to spend on the burner, and the discs? How often will the burner mess up, and give me a new table coaster?

Lastly, how much will each type of disc cost? And, on the issue of compatability, how well do DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RW work with, say, a PS2, or most normal DVD players?

Raz
A full 4.7G single layer DVD usually takes around 10 minutes at 4x.

Check NewEgg for prices.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.