Powerless Peter Parker V's Powerless Clark Kent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
bizarre as it may seem, both spiderman and superman have lost their powers and have decided to enter a cage fighting contest to see if what each of their wives say is true, that they'd be complete pansies if not for their powers, as fate would have it they are the only two to enter the contest this day and the bell is about to ring

*ding*

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

i'm going for petey boy as the drop in power level will be less of a shock than for clark....... who'll probably break his wrist if he hit's someone

Alpha Centauri
Peter is from Queens.

Go figure. He'll beat Clark down, take his newspaper and his hat.

-AC

Draco69
Clark WAS a football player. Geek vs. Jock. Guess who wins?

Alpha Centauri
"Clark WAS a football player. Geek vs. Jock. Guess who wins?"

Powerless. Meaning that would make him a random football player.

Who Peter Parker would still beat, I think. When he gets pissed off he can brawl.

-AC

Quick Freeze
kent, he's huge

Alpha Centauri
Wait......

Peter Vs Clark? Why is there any point in this if they are powerless?

Is like creating a thread for two people on the street.

-AC

Draco69
Peter Parker was science nerd who got picked on by everyone. Kent is a muscle-bound quarterback who picked on science nerds. The answer is obvious.

Alpha Centauri
"Kent is a muscle-bound quarterback who picked on science nerds."

No offence, I'm no pussy but I think if Superman said "Gimme your lunch money" I'd do it.

-AC

Joker1237
Yep I sure well all would lol.

Alpha Centauri
Not exactly gonna say "Let's take this outside" are you?

Peter was a science genius, why does that equate to him being Pee Wee Herman? Why does being a football player equate to being the Ultimate Warrior?

If they are both powerless it's like any random fight in the street. First one to land a strong punch on the bridge of the nose most likely wins. Or a kick to the groin. Anyone can win.

-AC

NoFate007
Young Bruce Wayne comes in, and since he has no powers anyway, savagely beats both of them lol.

Alpha Centauri
Nah. He's rich. That means he's really old.

-AC

vaya_the_elf
I think clark would win, but I would want peter to win.

Like everyone said clark is stronger.

Scoobless
clark is bigger, but peter is way more experianced at "normal" strength levels and average coordination....... pete'd win

radioboy121
Peter's and Clark's past life should not come to play here. Peter is physical fit currently and he is far more familiar with mortality (being human). Clark when he was effected by red kryptonite (reduced him to human but not cause injury like other) who he thought was brought on by Lex Luther, was tossed around like a rag doll by Lex's bodyguards. He will probably remind me more of an Arnold Swartzeneggar's character in Last Action Hero plunging his fist in the window and realizing it actually hurts.

baddspellahl4
calrk would kick peter's ass powers or not. although peter is still a genius even before he go this powers. he could make a laser to blow clark up or something

SpyCspider
remember in Superman II when powerless clark got his ass handed to him by the "stereotypical trucker" dude in plaid at the diner? That was some sorry ass sh*t. When I was younger and I saw Clark return at the end--all powered up-- to exact his revenge (spinning the dude on th chair and then pushing him into the pinball machine), I was all giddy. But now I think bout it, that's kinda lame that he coulnd't even put up a decent fight as a normal human.

Napalm
Kent wasent a bully in school he was mild manner like peter

Napalm
I use batmans kyrpton ring and beat crap out him

Scoobless
how exactly would you go about getting that ring? why not nick a GL ring while you're at it?

whobdamandog
I think Peter could actually pull this off... he seems to be more resourceful than Clark when it comes to being powerless...I can remember a couple of times when Peter has put on the suite even without his powers..and still come out on top..Parker all the way..

MatchesMalone
I know it doesn't matter because that did not happen in a comic book, but I would like to say something in Clark's defense. Clark did not lose to that trucker in a fair fight. He politely asked the guy to step outside and the guy hit him. The trucker turned his back to him and continued to eat. The noble Clark asked him to step outside again and the trucker agreed to do so. Then, the trucker hit him from behind. Clark never even attempted to harm the guy. The scene was really a testament towards the fact that Clark Kent will always be what Superman stands for, with or without his powers.

As for my opinion on this thread, it depends on Parker's physical state. If he maintains the ripped body that the spider bite gave him, my vote goes to Peter. As Whobdamandog stated, he has lost his powers before and still managed to come out on top. But, he if goes back to the frail skinny body that he had before the bite, I would say that Clark should take this fight pretty easily.

SpyCspider
very true...agreed

baddspellahl4
clark also got his ass whooped by lex luthor on a planet with a red sun. adn please stop trying to defend clark. he is a kickass super hero, but he's nothing without his powers. I could probably take him without his powers. peter would own his ass.

Alpha Centauri
I'm no big guy but in a normal fight like this, I could take out a pro footballer. Lead pipe to the skull is enough to take anyone out, kick to the groin, eye gouge.

What is the point of this thread? In real life anyone can win a normal fight if they want to bad enough.

-AC

radioboy121
Well, I think the lead pipe might be a Kingpin trait as I think that's what he used for his first kill and both can sometimes be considered too "apple pie" wholesome to use such means.

Scoobless
besides, as stated......... it's in a cage match........ real one, not wwe or some bollocks like that.......... no weapons

laydiiplayette
But isn't that the point. Peter would not have the physical strength, because isn't one of his powers increased strength. If he had never received his power, he would never have had anything more than a mediocre physique.

Alpha Centauri
I'm just saying, it would be like a football player fighting a random man on the street with average build. Sure they have the strength advantage but anything can happen in a human vs human fight. Which is why this thread is so pointless.

-AC

MatchesMalone
Hey, Scoobless, does Peter keep the ripped build that he acquired from the spider bite? Or does he go back to the frail skinny body he had before?

laydiiplayette
I suspect he would go back to the frail skinny body.

David Duchovony
Hey man, Peter worked for that body in the comics (swinging, running along buildings). You have to fudge the movie.

Scoobless
he keeps the same bod....... they only lose their powers prior to the fight not go back in time and develop differently or anything ok, so they've had about a day or two to adjust to new ability (or disability as the case may be) and are in a cage with no weapons
as for the point Alpha Centauri? well pretty much the same as any other post on any of these forums, that being not much other than finding out other people's opinions and if you find it so pointless why do you keep posting?

radioboy121
Actually, if you refer to Spiderman's first appearance in Amazing Fantasy, his emphasized powers never included the idea of bulking up. His body probably toned with the amount of work he put himself into while battling against villains and being "your friendly neighborhood Spiderman."

Napalm
Batman has one

Scoobless
i know he has one, i was asking how YOU would go about getting it from batman, melvin him?

Napalm
Im good friends with batman silly stick out tongue

Scoobless
really............cool, do you know who he voted for the other day?
or if he listens to britney spears in the batmobile?
btw what size cupholder does he have in there?
and does he keep breath mints in his belt for when he meets hot supervillain ladies?

Napalm
Nah batman perfers metal in the batmobile he always keep extra large cupholder and hell yah hes got breath mints

crazy
PETER

Fanboy
Clark Kent 6'3 225 pounds Peter Parker who is I do not know how tall but I think 115 pounds scronny dork. Clark Kent is like a big muscle dude he can beat Petey Parker

illadelph12
Do they keep their experience and training? Parker has more experience fighting sans his powers. He's not scrawny currently, he's a full grown adult male that would have engaged in regular athletic activity. Supes without his powers would have a size advantage, but Pete would have the speed advantage. Plus, Pete is used to feeling pain, that would be a shock to Clark's system, on top of having to think and react at regular speed and having regular air capacity in his lungs, not to mention having the wind knocked out of him..

I'd take Parker.

LordFear
Jesus people even powerless Spiderman still wins?????
What the hell does it take for u fanboys to admit that the guy is not God???
So just cuz Clark got tossed around by a bunch of Lex's henchmen, Peter wouldn't because he is more comfortable with his mortality???
Man u guys should run for CONGRESS. Keep shoveling that pile fellas!!!!

K Von Doom
I think Spidey would win. Superman relies more on his powers than Spiderman. Take away Clark's speed, strength, heat vision... etc and he'd be fighting like a WWE wrestler. Take away Peter's agility, spider sense, strength... and he'd still be fighting like a martial artist.

Nightstick
Not only is Kent larger and probably stronger, but he went 7 rounds with Ali, with out his powers. He can sure as hell take out Parker.

Swanky-Tuna
He lost that didn't he?

Scoobless
that was pure pish......... without powers ali would kill kent in less than thirty seconds
i feel peter would win as he has way more experience with normal human level existance than clark
kent would probably tear a muscle and break his wrist if he punched anyone without his powers

Nightstick
Yes in the end Superman lost, but hed did go 7 rounds with Ali. Which in my mind means he can take one hell of a beating. If I remember right he also delivered a decent beating to Ali. So if he can go one on one with one of the greatest heavy weights in boxing history I think he can handle Parker.

Nightstick
Pish or not it happened.

LLG
Probably Clark Kent for his muscles. Even though Peter Parker is intelligent(nerdy,) he's not as strong as Clark Kent, in my opinion.

doomsdave
first of all, Clark would win hands down. Although powerless, Clark Kent would still be physically near the peak of human perfection. Kryptonians on average are about the same as an olympic level athlete.

Heracles
Parker like Spiderman funnily enough is 5ft 10in and 165lbs.......

Kent has the height, weight and reach advantage and probably the strength advantage (although even powerless all that webslinging would mean that Parker would be in top physical shape even with no powers)

If were talking guts and Heart then its all peter when he was powerless before he still donned the costume and took a stand against powerhouses like the scorpian even though he knew he would most probably die.

I don't know a great deal about superman but I remember from Superman 2 when he gave up his powers some redneck kicked his ass in a diner.

I would lean towards Parker on this one I think he would refuse to stay down and Kent would lose heart.

paeng
Powerless Peter Parer wins
Because he is always beaten in his childhood. If someone always beat you, you get used to the punches and you will get stamina and strength like Boxers.

Even if Clark Kent is a Football player he will not win against Peter. Because playing Football and Street Fighting is very different.

Kontraz
powerless parker wins.. i mean, hey, he has webbing. That was an invention of his, not part of his powers. And without powers, supes would have a hard time gettin that stuff off.

paeng
That's a good one Kontraz.

Kontraz
also... the fact that clark was a quarterback keeps being brought up... umm... you do realize that quarterback is (typically) like, 3rd most "pansy" of the whole team, right? First being kicker, second being punter.

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by Kontraz
powerless parker wins.. i mean, hey, he has webbing. That was an invention of his, not part of his powers. And without powers, supes would have a hard time gettin that stuff off.

I don't think weapons are allowed. Scoobles made this a cage match and cage matches usually don't mean the fighters get to bring in their own weapons.

Also, Scoobles has never mentioned Pete's web shooters in any points he has brought up in this argument. If he wanted them allowed, I think he wouldn't neglect to mention something that practically guarantee's Pete's victory.

That's all just speculation on my part and I am sorry to interject your point without something more concrete. Just thought I might bring it up.

Kontraz
well, your point is somewhat valid....

one question though, are these their current selves that just lost their powers, or is it like they never got their powers? Or is it their younger selves (like pete still being a teen) and they lost their powers or what?

Cuz if they never had powers, i'd give it to clark, if they both only had their powers for a little while, its about even, but if they are both their current selves and just lost their powers, i'd say pete.

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by Kontraz
well, your point is somewhat valid....

one question though, are these their current selves that just lost their powers, or is it like they never got their powers? Or is it their younger selves (like pete still being a teen) and they lost their powers or what?

Cuz if they never had powers, i'd give it to clark, if they both only had their powers for a little while, its about even, but if they are both their current selves and just lost their powers, i'd say pete.

That's exactly where I stand. On the second page you can see I posted very similar thoughts. Pete was really skinny before the bite, but afterwards, he was really ripped. Even when he lost his powers.

Scoobless
it's about a sudden loss of power...... they keep their current bodies but without any super human abilities, it's a cage match so there are no weapons so no web shooters

StrawNilla
Powerless Pete went an entire issue with Kraven the Hunter.

Sure in the end he lost and was buried alive but hey, haven't we all had that experience?

whobdamandog
I know I've already stated this, but I just wanted to state it again...Parker wins hands down. Clark has proven in my mind that he's next to useless when he has his powers taken away. Mohammud Ali whooped up on him, and I think even Lex schooled him once or twice during a power loss.

MatchesMalone
Originally posted by Scoobless
it's about a sudden loss of power...... they keep their current bodies but without any super human abilities, it's a cage match so there are no weapons so no web shooters

Okay, thanks.

Now that I have that scenario completely cleared up, I feel pretty confident going with Petey.

King Burger
Originally posted by radioboy121
Peter's and Clark's past life should not come to play here. Peter is physical fit currently and he is far more familiar with mortality (being human). Clark when he was effected by red kryptonite (reduced him to human but not cause injury like other) who he thought was brought on by Lex Luther, was tossed around like a rag doll by Lex's bodyguards. He will probably remind me more of an Arnold Swartzeneggar's character in Last Action Hero plunging his fist in the window and realizing it actually hurts.

That to me was the most amazing post in this thread.

That someone actually watched "Last Action Hero".

DarkCrawler
I watched it.

Dark_Dream7Ten
Parker has had FORMAL, INTENSIVE martial arts training, in various fields, from BOTH Danny Rand (A.K.A. "Iron Fist"wink, AND "Shang-Chi." Parker has traveled the world, taught, trained, and tempered himself in many martial arts (nowhere near Bruce Wayne's amount, but still, FAR more than any of US can say).

Due to his life being bullied and pranked as a young teenager to acquiring amazing superhuman capabilities and combining them with his scientifically adept and creative mind, Parker has through time become an excellent hand-to-hand combatant utilizing a fighting style that directly complements his superhuman abilities. His methods are volatile, enabling him to rival practically all types of combatants. As a means to compensate for the temporary loss of his spider-sense, Parker also received formal combat training from Shang-Chi through the recommendation of the new Madame Web (Julia Carpenter). Together, they created a new martial art style, the 'Way of the Spider', and Peter's skill with it has substantially increased following the return and amplification of his Spider-Sense.

...Parker, besides that fact, is in fact a FAR better fighter, than Kent. He LOST his powers MULTIPLE time, IN COMICS, and he...well...he still kicked ass. Honestly, the "Spider-Bite," isn't what made "Spider-Man," into "Spider-Man." It was Uncle Ben's death. If he didn't get bitten by that spider, then he would done EXACTLY what Bruce Wayne did. ...Minus the cool gadgets (no money), or he would've INVENTED a way to be "Spider-Man," without the bite (low-tech power-suit...hell, Parker redid Stark's suit BETTER than Stark...Stark even said, true to comics continuity, that Peter was matched with him in intellect). Pete is a CERTIFIED genius, and as such, even without ANY of the above skills/training that I have mentioned, brains still beats brawn.

Clark has...his cape and his shield. ...And Bruce's phone number, but honestly I think that Batman is tired of saving Supes.

Pete takes this, helps Supes up, and ask why he attacked him, clarifies things, buys Clark an ice cream, and ask him if its nice to be a superhero that is actually loved by the people that he saves/protects on a daily basis, rather than hated for taking EVERYTHING that his citizens throw at him.

...And then Pete drops Supes off on Bruce's front steps. Bruce sighs at seeing Supes beat up by the local kids again, and he takes him inside, where Alfred makes him milk and cookies.

Peter and Bruce both go back to being badasses. Clark wonders if he could take Alfred...He decides not to risk it.

-Pr-
Read more Superman comics.

DarkSaint85
Superman wins.

pym-ftw
What H2H training does current superman have?

DarkSaint85
True dat! Almost zero, I believe, but it should be evened out by Spidey not having his stats which he trained with.

So it'll boil down to a big guy (I still think he's still jacked, right?) vs Parker.

Cap Atom said Supes was a pretty good brawler, though, iirc. Forget which issue it was though (DCnU)

pym-ftw
Parkers kung fu would be weakened but he still has it...
And tall and lanky people rule the ufc, granted they have weight classes

Juntai
Supes.

-Pr-
It's not current Superman, though; it's pre-reboot Superman. He's incredibly well trained, and I'd be curious if he was more used to operating without his powers than Peter is/was.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Parkers kung fu would be weakened but he still has it...
And tall and lanky people rule the ufc, granted they have weight classes

Clark is much taller than Spidey.

Juntai
How tall is Pete?
Clark is like 6-4 250ish range.
The mild mannered reporter is like Brock Lesnar sized. lol.

Parmaniac
Hulk beats Superman he's much taller than him!!!!!11!!11 ZOMFG

SamZED
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
True dat! Almost zero, I believe, but it should be evened out by Spidey not having his stats which he trained with.

So it'll boil down to a big guy (I still think he's still jacked, right?) vs Parker.

Cap Atom said Supes was a pretty good brawler, though, iirc. Forget which issue it was though (DCnU)

Pete trained with his powers switched off by that SHIELD collar. So it boils down to a big guy vs a smaller guy who knows kung-fu well enough to hang in a sparring with Shang Chi. Pressure point attacks and killing strokes included. DCnU Supes gets wrecked. I know DCU Supes knows various MA including alien ones, but I dont know if he has any feats with them in powerless state. Pete's been shown holding his own against supervillains without his powers. Thats before he recieved the said training from Shang.

Juntai
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Hulk beats Superman he's much taller than him!!!!!11!!11 ZOMFG That's different. They have different ranges of superpowers. Between humans size makes a difference more often than not. There's a reason that there's weight categories in combat sports.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Juntai
That's different. They have different ranges of superpowers. Between humans size makes a difference more often than not. There's a reason that there's weight categories in combat sports. I know but we're still talking about comics here we should judge the outcome here by their performed feats without superpowers. What if Parker actually achieved Iron Fist level feats without powers? Would size still matter?

Just for the record I'm not saying Parker wins here, maybe Supes takes this, could be possible, I'm not familiar with his powerless feats. I just think judging the outcome by size difference is kinda dumb when we have actual feats to go by. If both never had had any showings without powers I could live with this way of argumentation.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Hulk beats Superman he's much taller than him!!!!!11!!11 ZOMFG

Look at what I was replying to... ermm

Parmaniac
Originally posted by -Pr-
Look at what I was replying to... ermm I critizised the size argument in general, my bad if things got tossed around.

pym-ftw
Tall & lanky not just tall

Estacado
Clark is like 250-260 while Parker is like 180.
Do the math.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Estacado
Do the math. Clark's a fatty thumb up my math is flawless.

pym-ftw
I'm 6'4 310 and I bet i'd get wrecked by Gsp

-Pr-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Tall & lanky not just tall

Which neither of these men are.

Juntai
In Superman Y2K issue 1, you can see Lex training with Hope and Mercy and actually beating both of the Amazons at the same time, until his assistant, who he's been having a conversation with the entire time while fighting says the name Superman. His concentration breaks and they eventually take him down.

In Superman Up Up and Away, Superman flies through the kryptonite laced Kryptonian warship, leaving him powerless for a subsequent fisticuffs duel against Lex Luthor following, and Clark takes care of him.

There's a ton of examples of Clark being powerless and being just fine.

SamZED
Originally posted by Estacado
Do the math.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXmbO9Oyzb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player#t=02m00s

cool

Juntai
Originally posted by SamZED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXmbO9Oyzb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player#t=02m00s

cool Both of those men are heavyweights, though. But Choi just sucks is all.

Typically fighters DROP weight class to fight a class below so they'll be the bigger stronger man at fight time. e.g; Forrest Griffin dropping to LHW and for a time, being the champion. Randy Couture, dropping from heavyweight and being two time LHW champion. Anderson Silva drops from 215 to be the biggest middleweight in the division at 185. Even GSP drops from around 190 to fight at 170, because he's probably the biggest strongest man in the division at that class.

Size makes a giant difference.

SamZED
Originally posted by Juntai
Both of those men are heavyweights, though. But Choi just sucks is all.

Typically fighters DROP weight class to fight a class below so they'll be the bigger stronger man at fight time. e.g; Forrest Griffin dropping to LHW and for a time, being the champion. Randy Couture, dropping from heavyweight and being two time LHW champion. Anderson Silva drops from 215 to be the biggest middleweight in the division at 185. Even GSP drops from around 190 to fight at 170, because he's probably the biggest strongest man in the division at that class.

Size makes a giant difference. That was a joke post. Parm makes a good point. RL logic doesnt apply in comics. At least not in this particular instance. Cant think of many comic book fights where size or weight played a bigger role than skills or stats.

DarkSaint85
Hmm... Clark's skills......

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/With%20out%20powers/supermanbatmanannual2NOPOWERSTRAINSWITHBATMAN.jpg

Captain America style fighting (OK, not saying he's the same level...but he's no fatty slouch):
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/With%20out%20powers/sm-WEEDINGNOPOWERS.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Starmanv01_014Imbie10.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Supermanvol2153-17PREASSUREPOINTS.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Supermanv2163SUPERSPEEDPRESSUREPOINTVSTEMPTEST.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Supermanv2159PREASSUREPOINTSVSMAXIMA.jpg

Torgasm Rao!
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/AOS581TRAO.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Captain America style fighting (OK, not saying he's the same level...but he's no fatty slouch):
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/With%20out%20powers/sm-WEEDINGNOPOWERS.jpg

Spider-Man has a trash lid feat, too. A ricocheting one.

SamZED
Have you seen what he used to do as Ricochet.

Juntai
But he still had powers then, no?

carver9
Superman wins this.

kevdude
Superman also. yup smile

abhilegend
Clark wins.

SamZED
Hmm... Clark's skills......

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/With%20out%20powers/supermanbatmanannual2NOPOWERSTRAINSWITHBATMAN.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Starmanv01_014Imbie10.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Supermanvol2153-17PREASSUREPOINTS.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Supermanv2163SUPERSPEEDPRESSUREPOINTVSTEMPTEST.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/Supermanv2159PREASSUREPOINTSVSMAXIMA.jpg

Torgasm Rao!
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Fighting%20experience/AOS581TRAO.jpg

Here's Spidey's skills.

Powerless.
http://i072.radikal.ru/0901/33/fdc510de1f1f.jpg

Training with Shang.
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha.jpg.html?&_suid=1355679872452013400797291653593

Result.
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha1.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha1.jpg.html?&_suid=135567987201003689539985173553

Later. Fights Shang using MA skills he aquired. (No spider sense)
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/asm-31-32.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/asm-31-32.jpg.html?&_suid=135567987411808751218623135555

vs new Madame Web (Julia). She can see into the future so knows every move he's going to make still cant connect once. (again no spider sense)
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/TASM666023-024.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/TASM666023-024.jpg.html?&_suid=1355679876113022710609054178993

Pressure point speedblitz of a team of supervillains who all have spider powers.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/prv9725pg6.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/prv9725pg8.jpg/

Vs Spider-Woman (although mindcontrolled)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/spiderwoman.jpg/

vs Jackal's man-spiders
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/kf1u.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/kf2m.jpg/

While blinded vs upgraded Kain.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/9396209/asm_671_024.jpg.html

abhilegend
Superman got training from batman to be a street level hero when he lost his powers

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Skill/combat/supermanbatmanannual02c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Skill/combat/supermanbatmanannual02d.jpg

Has peter ever survived re-entry while completely powerless? Because superman survived the heat of re-entry just fine when earth-man threw him from above atmosphere. I don't have the full sequence but here he is shown falling down from the space and being fine

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC863-006.jpg

SamZED
Oh also forgot. The killing stroke.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/tasm666025.jpg/

Pete at this point is more skilled than a number of streeet level heroes.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Has peter ever survived re-entry while completely powerless? Because superman survived the heat of re-entry just fine when earth-man threw him from above atmosphere. I don't have the full sequence but here he is shown falling down from the space and being fine

If he had human stats shouldnt this be concidered PIS? Dont see how we can use this feat in a skill vs discussion tbh.

abhilegend
Oh also forgot. The killing stroke.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/tasm666025.jpg/

Pete at this point is more skilled than a number of streeet level heroes.

If he had human stats shouldnt this be concidered PIS? Dont see how we can use this feat in a skill vs discussion tbh.
OP never said it was human, he said they lose their powers.
Originally posted by Scoobless
bizarre as it may seem, both spiderman and superman have lost their powers and have decided to enter a cage fighting contest to see if what each of their wives say is true, that they'd be complete pansies if not for their powers, as fate would have it they are the only two to enter the contest this day and the bell is about to ring

*ding*

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

i'm going for petey boy as the drop in power level will be less of a shock than for clark....... who'll probably break his wrist if he hit's someone

SamZED
OP never said it was human, he said they lose their powers. So powerless Superman still has class 100 brick durability? If so he takes it.

abhilegend
So powerless Superman still has class 100 brick durability? If so he takes it.
You don't have to be class 100 to take the heat of re-entry. Also superman even after being depowered is not human.

SamZED
You don't have to be class 100 to take the heat of re-entry. Also superman even after being depowered is not human. Either that or have an insane HF. If that feat is accurate display of his durability and not a "holly sh!t" out of the blue moment then powerless Supes is still many times more durable than Spider-man (with powers) and should no sell any non-superhuman attack. Powerless Pete wont make him flinch.

abhilegend
Either that or have an insane HF. If that feat is accurate display of his durability and not a "holly sh!t" out of the blue moment then powerless Supes is still many times more durable than Spider-man (with powers) and should no sell any non-superhuman attack. Powerless Pete wont make him flinch.
That's a pretty average feat for him for being powerless. Once he lost his power due to being amnesiac because he fell into firepits of apokolips(10 times hotter than sun) and made it alive out of those pits after losing his powers!

SamZED
That's a pretty average feat for him for being powerless. Once he lost his power due to being amnesiac because he fell into firepits of apokolips(10 times hotter than sun) and made it alive out of those pits after losing his powers! Its a stomp then.

Not sure why i bothered posting skill feats... messed

abhilegend
Its a stomp then.

Not sure why i bothered posting skill feats... messed
Nah, its a good fight.

Ash_J_Williams
Well, if neither person has superhuman stats, Parker should take it imo.
If "powerless" Kent can survive firepits + re-entry, then he obviously takes it.

Zack Fair
lol. WTF. I don't think the the guy who made this thread had re-entry surviving powerless Clark in mind.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Zack Fair
lol. WTF. I don't think the the guy who made this thread had re-entry surviving powerless Clark in mind. this, common sense tells you what exactly was meant.

StiltmanFTW
Superman got training from batman to be a street level hero when he lost his powers

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Skill/combat/supermanbatmanannual02c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Skill/combat/supermanbatmanannual02d.jpg

Training? Looks more like owning wink

No comment on the costume. Worse even than underwear on the outside. And let me guess, he got owned on the next page by that "lady" he thought he saved?

Zack Fair
I don't get the helmet and the symbol, but I think its pretty cool that Bruce taught him.

StiltmanFTW
More like schooled him vin

Zack Fair
Sure.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Training? Looks more like owning wink

No comment on the costume. Worse even than underwear on the outside. And let me guess, he got owned on the next page by that "lady" he thought he saved?
So your hate for superman is stronger than your hate of spidey it seems, mutie lover.
stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
The weird part is Clark asking Bruce why he doesn't get to use any guns.

The biggest boyscout in DC suddenly wants to shoot people? no expression Seriously?

Zack Fair

The biggest boyscout in DC suddenly wants to shoot people? no expression Seriously? lol. Maybe he has never fired a gun in his life and figured this might be his chance to give them a try. Or maybe he wasn't just powerless and was also brainless.

StiltmanFTW
So your hate for superman is stronger than your hate of spidey it seems, mutie lover.
stick out tongue

No, not even close.

abhilegend

The biggest boyscout in DC suddenly wants to shoot people? no expression Seriously?
Boy-scouts always go prepared.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supesboyscout.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack Fair
lol. Maybe he has never fired a gun in his life and figured this might be his chance to give them a try. Or maybe he wasn't just powerless and was also brainless.

Didn't he have some shooting practice with Pa Kent? I think it's entirely plausible he did.

He shot his future version with Alfred's rifle... loaded with a kryptonite shard. But still, he knows well this is not how most heroes operate, even street-levelers. Maybe he just wanted to do an exception for Joker? laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Boy-scouts always go prepared.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/ AdventuresofSuperman504EngineCity_Page_23_Image_00
01.jpg

Nice idea of prep, he should join Frank Castle's fanclub stick out tongue

-Pr-
That whole "training" issue, was a piece of shit. It completely ignored years of character development just to make Batman look > Superman.

Not the first time that has happened, I guess.

Dark_Dream7Ten
Pete trained with his powers switched off by that SHIELD collar. So it boils down to a big guy vs a smaller guy who knows kung-fu well enough to hang in a sparring with Shang Chi. Pressure point attacks and killing strokes included. DCnU Supes gets wrecked. I know DCU Supes knows various MA including alien ones, but I dont know if he has any feats with them in powerless state. Pete's been shown holding his own against supervillains without his powers. Thats before he recieved the said training from Shang.

THIS.

(REMOVE Spaces, And Copy/Paste Into AddressBar):

http : / / media . comicvine . com/uploads/11/113563/2424679-Superman-vs.-the-Amazing-Spider-Man-pg-50.jpg

DTM
No powers or abilities at all for either, Ill go with Clark, who is noticeably bigger, stronger and tougher physically than Peter, with at least as much willpower and determination as him as well.

Dark_Dream7Ten
Parker wipes the floor with Kent. Even Kal-El's alien MMA is not sufficient enough to deal with a main that is VERY WELL DISCIPLINED in MULTIPLE martial arts, and has saved the day, COMPLETELY POWERLESS, MULTIPLE TIMES. Clark is less used to his mortal form than Parker. ...And Parker is an experienced fighter/martial-artist.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dark_Dream7Ten
Parker wipes the floor with Kent. Even Kal-El's alien MMA is not sufficient enough to deal with a main that is VERY WELL DISCIPLINED in MULTIPLE martial arts, and has saved the day, COMPLETELY POWERLESS, MULTIPLE TIMES. Clark is less used to his mortal form than Parker. ...And Parker is an experienced fighter/martial-artist.

Kent has plenty of experience without his powers, and he's trained in multiple forms of combat. This is a guy that trained with Batman and regularly sparred with Wonder Woman. Parker isn't even close to being able to wipe the floor with Kent. Capable of winning? Maybe. Easily? Not a chance.

DarkSaint85
He doesn't just have alien MMA, though. He also has training from Bruce, and has a fair bit of experience fighting without powers.

The main clincher, however, is his size.

Parker is what, 5'10 and 167lbs?

Clark is 6'3 and 225lbs.

There's a reason they have weight divisions in all martial arts.

-Pr-
He doesn't just have alien MMA, though. He also has training from Bruce, and has a fair bit of experience fighting without powers.

The main clincher, however, is his size.

Parker is what, 5'10 and 167lbs?

Clark is 6'3 and 225lbs.

There's a reason they have weight divisions in all martial arts.

While size itself wouldn't be something that I would say gives him an advantage, I would argue that because of said size (and feats), Clark is going to have superior reach and damage soak to someone like Parker.

Dark_Dream7Ten
Kent has plenty of experience without his powers, and he's trained in multiple forms of combat. This is a guy that trained with Batman and regularly sparred with Wonder Woman. Parker isn't even close to being able to wipe the floor with Kent. Capable of winning? Maybe. Easily? Not a chance.

I'm not doubting Kent as a fight, and believe me, I respect him as a person, hero, and and warrior...But, Parker isn't just a disciplined fighter in one martial art. His knowledge rivals Wolverine's and Cap's own knowledge/skill (here comes the arguments). After the SECOND time that Parker COMPLETELY LOST his powers (it has happened A LOT in the "MARVEL-Main-Universe," FAR more than Kent lost his powers, which is another point, because while Kent IS USED to his mortal for, Parker is FAR-MORE-SO), and anyways, after Parker lost his powers/abilities for the SECOND time (gene-cleanser, administered by Norman Osborn in a fight), he dropped his sh!t, and traveled the world, with Cap, and Black Widow, learning and training in MANY/MULTIPLE martial arts. ...He got so good, that he took-on Doc Ock WITHOUT ANY of his powers...and WON.

Peter decided, at that moment, that he WAS "SpiderMan," but that "SpiderMan," was not him. "Spidey," was a symbol that was able to take what the citizens of NYC...or the world, in general...could not, and as such, the symbol made the powers what they were, not the other way around (Cap mostly put that philosophy in his head). ...Anyways, bottom line here is that Pete can go toe-to-toe with great martial artists, WITHOUT ANY powers.

Now, Clark, on the other hand, had Kryptonian MMA training (good training, agreed), and "BatFam-Training," BUT, he was trained, LESS-INTENSELY, and for LESS TIME, than even Stephanie was trained for, and she was trained the LEAST, of ALL of the "BatKids."

Parker can spar EVENLY with "IronFist," "Madame Webb," AND "Shang-Chi," WITHOUT ANY of his powers...and, While Clark is VERY skilled without his powers, this fight would be the equivalent of Bruce Wayne fighting Jason Todd (Jason AFTER he was trained by the "League of Assassins"wink. It would be a good fight, and it would last a while, but in the end Parker would take it.

Read more Superman comics.

Do not assume, that just because I do not LOVE "SuperMan," that it means that I do not respect him. I respect him IMMENSELY, and I HAVE read ANY AND ALL of his comics (PreReBoot, "Actions Comics, # 1, Through End;" "SuperMan, # 1, Through End;" "Man of Steel, # 1, Through End;" Etc...). I have read ALMOST ANY AND ALL material, published, by "MARVEL," AND "DC," books included, and please do not ask me to "prove" it. No, I did NOT pay for over 90% of those comics (who has THAT much money..BUT, I DID pay for AT LEAST ONE comics, in EACH of the series that I have read). ...And the vast majority is electronic on my PC/Tablet/Phone. You try growing up, getting he crap kicked out you every day, for years, and needing someone/something to look-up to. Yeah. "SuperMan" was NOT that hero for me...he was far too UN-relatable, too...perfect. ...Now, "BatMan," "NightWing," and "SpiderMan," were the PERFECT choices for me. ...That got me into their respective "Comics-Companies," and as such, from the ages of 5 YO, to 14 YO (I'm 18 YO now), 90% of my time has been spent reading comics, of BOTH "MARVEL," AND "DC."

I have read ALMOST ANY AND ALL of ANY AND ALL of BOTH MARVEL-Comics' Publications, AND, DC-Comics' Publications!

I have read:

Action Comics Issue # 1-Termination; and Detective Comics Issue # 1-Termination; as well as, Flash Comics, through Termination; OTGL Green Lantern Comics, through Termination; Spiderman Comics, through Reboot; DareDevil; Cap. America; Avengers; New Avengers; Ascended Avengers; Young Avengers; Young Allies; Spider-Girl; Fantastic Four; X-Men; JSA (Justice Society of America); JLA (Justice League of America); Elktra: Ender Epitome (She Can Kill ME Any Day...Literally...). Comics; Rose Wilson/Ravager (Love That Girl). Stand-Alones; Howlers; Dark Knight; Batman; Superman; SuperBoy;; IronMan; Flash: Forward; Teen Titans, ORIGINAL TT; and many more (from both MARVEL and DC) (ALL, Of The Above, Have Been Read, THROUGH, TERMINATION, TO Re-Boot, Or To The PRESENT-TIME!) (I Also, Read: "DC-Comics' DCnU-Stories;" DC-Comics' "New 52;" "Ultimate MARVEL;" "MC2 MARVEL;" ANY AND ALL Of The SUPER-OLD Stuff! DC-Comics' "ElseWorlds;" MARVEL-Comics' "What-Ifs;" ...And, MANY, MANY MORE) Yeah, MARVEL And, DC, can be REALLY similar, sometimes (and, sometimes, REALLY DIFFERENT). They are really similar, but that's what Marvel and DC do! They copy each others main ideas, to keep up with competition.

Yeah, I know. They've been doing it since the 1930s. Batman and IronMan. Both Billionaire playboy philanthropists. Both have INCREDIBLY high-tech gadgetry. Both have AWESOME names and suits. Both are GENIUSES, and/or, have GENIUS-LEVEL intellects. Differences? Here are some differences: Batman doesn't need his suit to kick some a**. Stark could probably outsmart Bruce (...Somehow...). Bruce doesn't have a "heart problem." EVERYONE knows who IronMan is! NO ONE knows who BatMan is (Except for some explicit members of the league).

...PLUS, there are MULTIPLE OTHERS! SuperMan and Thor. Thor and Abin Sur. Thor and a NUMBER of Green Lanterns. SpiderMan and The Flash. Wally West and Peter Parker are two of the COOLEST college-super-heroes EVER! Their brands of comedy are SOOO IDENTICAL! I LOOOVE IT! Back-And-Forth, Back-And-Forth, Back-And-Forth! MARVEL and DC have too much competition (and it even shows, when the two companies do their collaborative cross-overs). ...But, hey the competition is AWESOME for their readers!!!!

I LOVE superheroes (AND supervillains)! I mean, who doesn't? We love them, because we live though them. We live vicariously through them. They do things that we WISH we could do! It's the truth. The best part about comics, movies, films, books, media, and FANTASY, in-general, is that we can live-out our greatest fantasies, hopes, and dreams, WITHOUT EVER getting hurt or wounded.

So, please, the one ting that I ask you is to not ask me to "Read more Superman comics." I love Supes, but please not nearly as much as some of my other heroes. So, please, do no challenge my comics credibility.

StiltmanFTW
What a load of bull.

carver9
What a load of bull.

Did you even read all of that?

StiltmanFTW
http://i50.tinypic.com/344xqfs.jpg

Anyway, the part about Carpenter, Lord Rand and Shang is outrageous.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Dark_Dream7Ten
...Right. Next post please.

Dark_Dream7Ten
http://i50.tinypic.com/344xqfs.jpg

Anyway, the part about Carpenter, Lord Rand and Shang is outrageous.

You idiot. The scans regarding what I said about Carpenter, and Shang were ALREADY posted. Please read the previous posts, before sounding...stupid.

Here's Spidey's skills.

Powerless.
http://i072.radikal.ru/0901/33/fdc510de1f1f.jpg

Training with Shang.
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha.jpg.html?&_suid=1355679872452013400797291653593

Result.
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha1.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/skilltraininglesson2sha1.jpg.html?&_suid=135567987201003689539985173553

Later. Fights Shang using MA skills he aquired. (No spider sense)
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/asm-31-32.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/asm-31-32.jpg.html?&_suid=135567987411808751218623135555

vs new Madame Web (Julia). She can see into the future so knows every move he's going to make still cant connect once. (again no spider sense)
http://s980.beta.photobucket.com/user/ankur2292/media/TASM666023-024.jpg.html#/user/ankur2292/media/TASM666023-024.jpg.html?&_suid=1355679876113022710609054178993

Pressure point speedblitz of a team of supervillains who all have spider powers.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/prv9725pg6.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/prv9725pg8.jpg/

Vs Spider-Woman (although mindcontrolled)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/spiderwoman.jpg/

vs Jackal's man-spiders
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/kf1u.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/kf2m.jpg/

While blinded vs upgraded Kain.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/9396209/asm_671_024.jpg.html

Dark_Dream7Ten
What a load of bull.

And, because your opinion matters so much to me...I'll respect it. ...But laugh at it. How you can tell me whether or not my life experiences were a true telling or not, is beyond me, but I thank you for your input (who the f*ck admit to bullying as a kids, being a nerd, and a total comic-book fanboy, WILLINGLY, without good reason? ...Well, no one).

StiltmanFTW
http://i49.tinypic.com/351ac8j.jpg

So you admit you made up powerless Spidey fighting Shang, IF or Julia? Good.

Dark_Dream7Ten
http://i49.tinypic.com/351ac8j.jpg

So you admit you made up powerless Spidey fighting Shang, IF or Julia? Good.

Dude, seriously? I can't even post links, yet. It wasn't my post. I QUOTED it. Look on the guy who posted originally. I have the f*ckin' comics to prove it. ...Also, how would I possibly MAKE that? ...Is that even possible?

Are you serious? ...If COULD post links, and/or, upload pics/scans then I would be showing Paker's training BEFORE he met Shang (EXTENSIVE). Elektra, Cap, AND DD trained his ass. Honestly, where do you come off...

Oh, you are trying to work me up, and get me to get back on Valium, right? ...Well, it's working. Seriously, dude. I'd be willing to say that the fight is 50/50 chance of victory (60/40...70/30). Kent could win. Parker could win. We don't know, because guess what? It hasn't happened...and probably won't.

Oh, for the love of god, how do you guys not lose your temper on sites like this? I should go back to FaceBook and FanFiction... Sorry for losing my temper slightly. I didn't mean to call you stupid. I mean it. I mean, I mean that I am sorry...wow, that sounded highly uneducated.

But,seriously, those scans/pics/posts are NOWHERE NEAR fake (still wondering how one would do that...is "PhotoShop," really THAT good?). Parker is a skilled fighter/martial-artist. Kent is a skilled fighter/martial-artist, but he is, simply speaking, below Parker in level/skill.

DarkSaint85
He's still a massive guy compared to Parker, with knowledge of Martial Arts. You canshowcase multiple scans of both guys having the knowledge, and the skill, but ultimately, there are only so many ways you can punch a guy....

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Dark_Dream7Ten
Oh, you are trying to work me up, and get me to get back on Valium, right? ...Well, it's working.

Good one laughing out loud

Parker had his powers (sans the ss) when he sparred with Shang mimicking some of his abilities and Julia.

Yes, I know that when Pete began training he was wearing the depowerement collar, but nothing shown in the comic proves he could/did "spar evenly" with Shang. Chi was going easy on him, teaching him and showing him various moves...

And I don't recall Parker w/o powers vs. IF incident.

DarkSaint85
Wait a minute...

I assume Kent has lost his super memory, which makes this a bit more fair on Parker.

Otherwise, if he retains all the memories he had of training, then it matters absolutely sweet phuck all that Spidey spent longer and had more intensive training than him. The guy learns medical textbooks in seconds, he could learn everything he needs to know about MA in an hour with WW and Batman.

StiltmanFTW
WW for practice, Batman for theory, huh?

DarkSaint85
That's how I would do it thumb up

Bouboumaster
Well... At the end of the day Clark is still 6'2 and 200 lbs or something, and in shape. He would stomp on Parker. Good for him.

What kind of retarded would choose his 80 something years old aunt over a red head chixx?

cdtm
Without powers, this is basically a jock vs a nerd.

Spite? evil face

DarkSaint85
And I take issue with Dark_Dream's assertion that Superman is too perfect and Spiderman is too believable.

He has a loving family
Superpowers
A stable job
Lots of friends both in and out of the superhero community
One of the best little black books in comics
Is/was dating a redhead model actress

Yes, I too can identify with him, he has so many issues!!!

-Pr-
Thinking Superman is too perfect shows a lack of reading the books.

Also, holy walls of text, Batman.

Dark_Dream7Ten

Damborgson
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Barrack+Obama+gif..+Barack+Obama+Did+Not+Read_d61f7e_3675033.gif

Dark_Dream7Ten
Originally posted by cdtm
Without powers, this is basically a jock vs a nerd.

Spite? evil face

Nope, it's a REALLY good fighter/martial-artist (Clark) Vs. a better fighter/martial-artist (Pete).

DarkSaint85
So...I take it his physical advantages don't matter? The fact he is stronger/bigger and maybe just as agile?

Knowing more martial arts is fine and dandy. But a punch is still a punch.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>