Help Identifying a Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
I saw previews for this movie... it's a Japanese movie I believe. Very futuristic. I remember there was a woman sitting on a bench, in the middle of some park, and she pressed a button and WHAM she was in the middle of a mall.. sorta like a virtual world ride. It seemed almost entirely CG... I want to say that Town or City was in the title.... can anyone think of what movie I'm talking about? It's also very blue, from the trailer. I figure that WindDancer or Cinemaddiction might know what I'm talking about.

Cinemaddiction
Do you know where you saw the trailer, because I'm clueless.

Jackie Malfoy
Me too.I say seach the internet it has to turn up sooner or later.Happy seaching!JM

JKozzy
I found it!!

Natural City

http://img105.exs.cx/img105/1246/naturalcitywall6lf.jpg

CAST & CREW__________

Director:
Min Byeong-cheon (Phantom, The Submarine, 1999)

Screenwriter(s):
Min Byeong-cheon (Phantom, The Submarine, 1999)

Actors:
Yu Ji-tae
Seo Rin
Lee Jae-eun
Yun Chan
Go Ju-heui
Jeong Du-hong
Jeong Eun-pyo
Shin Gu
Yun Ju-sang
Kim Eul-dong
Eom Chun-bae
Eun Weon-jae
Kang Seon-pil
Kim Hyo-seon
Choi Eun-jin
Lee Gi-hyeong
Ryu Tae-ung
Choi Gwang-heui

SYNOPSIS __________

Plot:
It is AD 2080, the world has become a high-tech information society where national boundaries may have disintegrated but has been restructured as nation-states interconnected by a huge network. Genetic engineering and Mechanical engineering has reached its peak enabling the world to modify clone human DNA by a neuro-chip. Hence, a neuro-chip geared human clone with artificial intelligence, "Combiner" is born and these Combiners become integral parts of human life.

Constant war between the nation-states and the rapid scientific growth intensifies the gulf between the rich and poor. The poor gather at the outskirts of the city and create a slum district built on the water called "Raiha". Meanwhile, the Combiners develop an effect called "Split Dubbing" whereby their souls merge through unknown channels. The split dubbed Combiners AWOL and create new social problems. A unit of MPs is formed to eliminate the AWOL Combiners. Among them is R (25yrs, male) who falls in love with complimentary service Combiner, Lea.

DETAILS__________

Studio:
Tube Entertainment / Jowoo production

Release Date:
South Korea, Sept. 2003
DVD REGION 3 January 20, 2004
Natural City (2 discs) --- click here for DVD details

BUZZ__________

Oct. 16, 2003
"Many of South Korean cinema's current strengths (concept, character, structure) have strangely deserted it in big budget productions, and the dark, dystopian "Natural City" is no exception. Sophomore pic by writer-director Min Byeong-cheon ("Phantom, the Submarine," 1999) crashed and burned at the box office within days of its release in late September, partly due to a bungled marketing campaign which swung between two extremes -- a scifi action drama a la "Blade Runner" and a fanciful futuristic romance. Offshore, however, this still has considerable potential as a cult ancillary title and late-night fest attraction.

Unlike other recent Korean bombs, such as the promising "Yesterday" and irredeemable "Resurrection of the Little Match Girl," both of which suffered from lack of producer control, "Natural City" was remolded following previews, with considerable trimming. Final result, though flawed by a weak central relationship, at least has a strong personality of its own and doesn't tarry. When it works, it works well on a genre level." ---- By DEREK ELLEY, VARIETY

Information found here

Trailer 1
Trailer 2

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/2004web/movies/images/410nc-4803.jpg

Cinemaddiction
Sounds like a winner, but alas, I'll probably never find it for rent. Anywho, I'll close up shop if you don't mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.