lame ass death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
God, when you think about it boba fett had to die one of the lamest deaths in the history of anything. I mean a blind han turns with a staff and knocks him into the damn sarlaac pit.

GOD HOW GAY.

yerssot
it's classic big grin

LanceWindu
According to EU he didn't die in the Sarlacc Pit. But we are going on GL's trilogy. He did die crappy, but it's a classic scene for the Saga.

yerssot
real anticlimax, rather funny

ryamathart
so how much longer did he live in EU.

yerssot
I don't think he died in it

ryamathart
so he doesnt die in EU?

yerssot
Like I said; I'm not sure, you should ask Lance, Ush or Julie this, they know almost everything about the EU books

LanceWindu
Yup we're all book worms.

Boba hasn't died yet in the EU. He shows up everyonce in a while to spice things up. So far we're in the NJO timeperiod and he still hasn't died.

Ushgarak
In EU, Boba Fett says the Sarlaac found him 'rather indigestible', and goes onto star in a load of wacky adventures... all rather awful. Meanwhile, GL has clearly said that Boba Fett is dead as a doornial and stuff what the EU says.

Yes, his ROTJ death was bloody rubbish.

yerssot
so actually the suit he wore saved his day? bleurgh, at least said he blasted his way out!

LanceWindu
I believe he did. Then after that he had help from someone to get him away from the Sarlacc...I think.

ryamathart
first of all how old would boba be. Hes got to be pretty damn old. And what the hell would he do if he made an appearance in njo you think he would sell out the jedis to the vong?

LanceWindu
He gotta be around 65 or so.

I don't really know what he'd do if he got into the NJO.

ryamathart
if u ask me thats a little old to do much but maybe he doesnt age as fast as normal people because hes a clone.

Maybe there making another clone army oooooooooooooooooo.

yerssot
spoiler tags!!

Perhaps humans can reach the 200 years in star wars?

Ushgarak
No, yerss, humans are humans, even back then.

DarthKris
the emperor also had that fast death.
vader threw him into that tube...

I agree, Boba's death looked like they lacked time... big grin

yerssot
a human from this galaxy isn't always like a human from the SW galaxy

LanceWindu
They can't live for 200 years. That's just not right. To me a human's a human.

yerssot
well, it's in another gal, you don't know how they are in that one

Ushgarak
No, yerss, GL deliberately made this people as human as you and I, for easy identification.

yerssot
well, they don't have signs on their head saying they are exactly like humans...

Ushgarak
If you NEED signs to see that then you are just being dense.

yerssot
Yerssot, officially dense ... hmm, not bad big grin

what do people know about age, from a cannon point of view?

Ushgarak
Very little other than that Yoda lives for ages and that all the humans in it age exactly as we would expect them to.

yerssot
yes, but not what the average age is when they die

Ushgarak
Depends where you live, but all rather irrelevant.

yerssot
what? the age or the place?

Ushgarak
Any of it.

yerssot
indeed, the one this discussion was about is dead anyway

He-Man
Yeah it is, well I agree with Yerss. We don't know how long the people in sw live. And maybe here, if some guy or girl would eat very healthy food and live that kind of life +have very good luck, he/she could possibly live for 200 years. Or then again, maybe not.

Ushgarak
No no no. They are entirely human, just like us. It's something we cannall easily identifiy with!

He-Man
We don't know that they are entirely human. Lucas or anyone else has told us that. They might be, but just as well they might not be.

Ushgarak
They look, sound and act like humans; it is needlessly complicated to assume anything else. It is very, very obvious that these people are meant to be just like us.

C3-P0 and Anakin both clearly use the word 'human', as well.

yerssot
well, it tastes like ketchup, it's from the same bottle, it "acts" like ketchup... but it's green...
same thing

Ushgarak
What?

yerssot
It's like green Heinz ketchup and red Heinz ketchup, there is a small diference

Ushgarak
Right...

yerssot
well, ok, if you're colorblind then perhaps not...

ryamathart
As I recall this thread was about boba fetts death, but since were on the subject of age. Boba fett was a clone which means he could have been genetically engineered to live longer than normal human. But thats just a theory and who cares if starswars "humans" live longer or from what ive seen they seem to have a much sorter life span then humans from earth. so look at it either way but i doubt gl will actually say wether or not his star wars humans live longer than us.

Although personally i think they should because it would be l337

yerssot
spoiler tags, we are in the EpIV-VI, I section!

actually, Boba is the one that grows at a normal rate

Bantha Fodder
ROTJ was all in all a rather lame movie, and Boba Fett's death is one of the more lame parts of the movie.

From the start of the movie, I was pretty let down...it's like, ohhh, another DEATH STAR, Lucas must have run out of ideas! Then there's the Ewoks, recycled Jawas but the Jawas got wasted by Stormtroopers, while the Empire's finest legion of troops got defeated by a bunch of cutesy teddy bears. That movie was an abomination.

Irvin Kershner should have directed it....Lucas asked him to, but he declined. Later, in an interview, Irvin said that after he saw ROTJ he wished he HAD directed it because it was so awful.

yerssot
mather of opinion, although I agree the endbattle was rather... strange...

greedo
From the movie:

LAMA SU : Apart from his pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded only one thing - an unaltered clone for himself. Curious isn't it?

OBI-WAN : Unaltered?

LAMA SU : Pure genetic replication. No tampering with the structure to make it more docile... and no growth acceleration...

Just a regular nasty little boy! http://www.bobafettmp.com/phpBB/images/smiles/new/greedo.gif

yerssot
what's the idea of the post actually?

justinday15
It made me mad how Jango and Boba died so easy.

GordonSkywalker
I also agree. They could have had more spectacular deaths, but then there was the much-quoted 'time limitations' in each case. As for the aging aspect of this discussion: Obi-Wan Kenobi seems to age more during the 20 years between the unmade Episode 3 and the original Star Wars, when one considers he could only be middle-aged in the timeline used for Jedi Apprentice. It may be EU, but if there is only twenty years differance, he should not look like that yet. Unless he aged prematurely due to the streeses involving the Clone Wars, the rise of the Empire, and the betrayal of his pupil. I mean, the Jedi were being exterminated by then.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.