Genealogical Revelations and Realizations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
OK..I wanted to make a new thread. stick out tongue Eeh, this is all about the genealogical connections of the characters from LOTR, The Silmarillion, etc. that we could reveal may it be from our own realizations or from the texts in the book (appendices, family tree, etc.). I was inspired by one of the threads here..LOL..stick out tongue

Beware! This will be mind-boggling and confusing..stick out tongue

I'll start so you'll have an idea. big grin

Elendil is a descendant of the line of Elros, brother of Elrond half-elven.
Aragorn son of Arathorn II is a descendant of Elendil. It follows therefore that Elrond Half-Elven can be considered as Aragorn's great-great....(multiply with some number more than 40) grand Uncle.

So, Arwen Undomiel is Elrond's daughter, and Aragorn's cousin. (45 to 50 minus 1 divided by 5) j/k roll eyes (sarcastic) times removed. stick out tongue

You see, it's more than 40 times removed because there's Elros, then Vardamir Nolimon, Tar-Amandil, Tar-Elendil, Silmarien, Valandil, etc. , Amandil, Elendil, Isildur, Valandil of Arnor, Eldacar, etc. etc. etc. (this etc. will go on for a little) stick out tongue , Arador, Arathorn II, then our own Aragorn.

Another one about the Ring of Barahir. Barahir is both Arwen and Aragorn's ancestor, (since Elros is Aragorn's ancestor and Elrond is Arwen's dad and Elrond and Elros are brothers and both of them are Barahir's descendants). The Ring of Barahir was given to Barahir by Finrod Felagund way back in the First Age when Barahir saved his life. This ring came down through Ages to Aragorn, who finally presents it to Arwen(upon betrothal).

Also, Imrahil is Faramir's uncle, and Faramir's wife is Eowyn who is the sister of Eomer who is the husband of Lothiriel who is the daughter of Imrahil. Eowyn is Imrahil's niece-in-law so Eomer is Imrahil's nephew-in-law too.
Therefore, Eomer is Imrahil's nephew-in-law and son-in law. smile

These are just a few of the genealogical wonderments in Middle-earth. laughing

Your turn guys. Please keep it as mind-boggling as possible and not the too obvious ones. big grin

muse5
ergo concordantly, vis-a-vis... wow i'm more confused now than when i first saw matrix reloaded with the freaking architect... it'll take me a few minutes to take thes all in

Kitoky
I KNEW this was coming......how many theads now? 62?

shadowy_blue
Yes. big grin stick out tongue

Smodden
s-b have you seen that movie "phenomenon"? about john travolta and how he THinks all the time, and he reads like 30 books a day and he learns 2 languages a night...and his brain can't slow down and he eventually dies because he can't stop thinking!

he's you....
j/k you wouldn't die like that but i do like this thread and i will try to be as intelectual as you guys....stick out tonguebut i'm not to good at it...sad

shadowy_blue
Yeah I've seen that. But he only started acting like that because of that "light" or alien whatever thingie, and I haven't seen that yet. stick out tongue I don't believe though that he died because he can't stop thinking. It's just his fate that he will die of cancer or whatever it is whether he's an over-thinker or not. Otherwise, all the scientists and mathematicians and all the intellectuals today should have already died too. wink

LOL. I've strayed too far. stick out tongue Back on topic! big grin

Exa

Kitoky
OH no, not you too Exa! sad no

laughing I'm just playing with you guys, nothing can ruin my mood at this point.

pip-foot
too confusing confused I'll just read and not post stick out tongue

Kitoky
I just nod my head and say yes. smile Sometimes I do that.

pip-foot
yes, that way you will soudn intelligent, but not rude yes always works for me smile (well...most of the time smile )

Kitoky
laughing Okay, sorry for the off-topic discussion, carry on, carry on. smile

Exa
stick out tongue big grin

I LOVE genealogies... except the hobbit ones I never understood them stick out tongue

But its great because practically everybody is related more or less big grin
Except for my Beleg yes

Kitoky
Beleg is independant....

Who's Glorfy related to?

Exa
Dunno anybody no
But at least one of his relatives must have been a Vanya... and he was lord of the house of the golden flower in gondolin, are there any other members of that house known?

Kitoky
I don't remember any of them being mentioned.....

Exa
.................. me neither.

lol obviously the interesting characters arent related to anybody yes

sad that the names of the lords of andunie arent all known no sad so we dont even know aragorns full family tree

Kitoky
Do you know a site where they talk about like who's made of what? like Eldarion is like 50% Numenorean and 50%Elven. ?

Fëanor
okay here's my attempt with less details... embarrasment
Aragorn son of
Arathorn II son of
Arador son of
Argonui son of
Arathorn I son of
Arassuil son of
Arahad II son of
Aravorn son of
Aragost son of
Arahad I s.o.
Araglas so
Aragorn I so
Aravir so
Aranuir so
Arahael so
Aranarth elder son of Arvedui...

Thorondor

Fëanor
Hillbillie heaven if you ask me...but ye didn't... stick out tongue

Thorondor
haha feanor...indeed it is lol

How the hell Tolkien calculated it all i do not know...it's all so complicated lol.

Fëanor
I believe though haven't researched it yet but I'm sure SB will...but Aragorn is related by a thousandth times thousandth square to the root of pi divided by n over x subtracted to the nth degree to Finwe who bore Feanor, Fingolfin and Finarfin...

Fingolfin bore Turgon...
Turgon bore Idril who married Tuor and they had...
Earendil who was with Elwing and they bore
Elrond and Elros...
Elrond the father to Arwen who married Aragorn
Elros the first Numenorian king was the great multiplied by ? grandfather to Aragorn...
So Aragorn married his cousin by many many times removed...

Kitoky
Yesh we know THAT one.

Fëanor
repetition is key mah man...

azszhz
so if i moved to Middle Earth and married someone, anyone i could be related to everybody there
that would be one hell of a family reunion

Kitoky
laughing Half of them probably woundn't be invited...or dead. *coughFeanor*cough*

Fëanor
laughing laughing ... confused

azszhz
laughing there would to many forgotten and where would you hold so many people... i couldn't host at my house i wouldn't be able to even fit half of you line let alone everybody

Exa

sauron
yeah and heres the REALLY shocking one

you may want to sit down

frodo was not an only child....his brother who he was seperated from at birth.....was.....*boom* SAUUURON *re-shots of scene of my mouth saying sauron in slo-mo*

Fëanor
*whew*...felt like I read the appendix... stick out tongue

Exa
laughing out loud shall I continue... with the elven parts of their ancestry? big grin stick out tongue

Fëanor
Yes do...but will it lead to the first 3 kings of the elves?

Exa

Discos
Discos - funningly enough, the only thing I did actually understand there

shadowy_blue

Smodden
*inhales*

Whewwwwwww!!!!

*Mind explodes*

ummm....let me try:

frodo's uncle is Bilbo!
Frodo's dad is Drogo
frodo is pipens 2nd cousin twice removed on his mother's side...
*shrugs*
*wishes could figure out cool things like s-b and exa) sad

Exa
edit
nassssty post doesnt want to be deleted mad ... was a double post, sry.

Exa

mors823
While all that has been said is almost impossible to visualize, there is another thing that boggles my brain: People's names seem to rhyme. Aragorn and Arathorn. They sound too similar. Also Finwe, Fingolfin and Finarfin all have the "fin" prefix. Only Fingolfin's sons don't rhyme. I'm just wondering if there is any purpose for this. It's awfully confusing, but it can make remembering names somewhat easy

Exa
Hm, as also in myths, Tolkiens names often begin with the same letter or sound similar - just look at the first age: Balan - Baran - Boron - Boromir - Bregolas - Barahir - Baragund - Belegund and so on

Or all the Finweans... well, most of them also had "Finwe" in their original names -
Feanor=Curufinwe
Findis
Fingolfin=Nolofinwe
Finarfin=Arafinwe

Curufinwes children:
Nelyafinwe
Canafinwe
Turcafinwe
Morifinwe
Curufinwe
Pityafinwe
Telufinwe
Nelyacurufinwe

Tassie~Cyanide~
bumping.. smile

Arroch

Discos
well if its his aunt it would mean Hurins sister confused

Arroch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.