Appleseed (The Movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Anyone in the USA thinking of going to see this movie? I'm defenetly going to check it out! Is rare occassion to see an Anime on the big screen so I'm looking forward to it! Anyone else thinking of going?

Kenshinswife
wow, i didnt even hear about it !! does it look like it's any good?

WindDancer
Yeah! is basically a Mecha anime. Worth checking it out! Unfortunally, there is no showtimes announce yet. sad

Kenshinswife
i will probably just check it out anyways just for the simple fact that anime hit big screen (i didnt go see yu-gi-oh) sounds cool

Robo-Chocobo
I hope it does. That way I can mock blackhatdefect and talk about how good the movie is. I swear she hates anything that moves faster than 1 frame a minute.

just because it's the original doesn't mean it's necessarily better.
(although that can be debated concerning gundam)

I really hope it comes to a theater near me. spirited away had good success, so hopefully it won't get sidesteped by hollywood. if it is, then I'm sure I will have a shot at seeing it at the independent theater in Seattle. I saw the Cowboybeebp movie there. so I hope it will at least show up there.

Jace_Rave
just because it's anime in the theatre I'll go see it. I'll support it even if it isn't good.

WindDancer
I heard is pretty good. I'm not very familiar with the Appleseed manga. But I'm still going just for the fact that is an anime and is on the big screen.

Robo-Chocobo
yep.

IF I had a choice between the movie, or the manga I would go see the movie.

cool effects, tons of color, voice acting, strong animation, music. the works.

WindDancer
From what I heard is dubbed. sad

Ah heck! As long as it is on the big screen. happy

Silver Stardust
Oooh, I have to find out if it's going to play at the theater I work at....big grin

gls
not fair..it wont be in a theater near me (the list is on the official site--there mostly CA theatres but none near me)
i can't wait for the dvd though

Silver Stardust
Oooh, it will be playing near Chicago...not at Yorktown, though (which is where I work), but I'm pretty sure some of the theaters in my area it's at are from the same theater chain so I'll be able to get in free happy

WindDancer
Oh man thats cool! Free popcorn too? big grin

My local AMC 30 has two showtimes. That's just wicked. happy

Silver Stardust
Not free popcorn, sadly...

I believe that one of the theaters in the Chicago area IS an AMC theater, though, so I'll be able to see it free. Sweet. I like working at a movie theater.

Robo-Chocobo
L-U-C-K-Y

Kenshinswife
I seen the previews for the movie finally! ( Throws Confetti) i actually saw one of the episodes it alright...

Atomic Rico
Im really looking forward to this one-looks like GITS on 'roids

Silver Stardust
Has anyone seen it yet? I've been working all weekend so I haven't, hopefully I'll be able to sometime this week.

animefan21
Great graphics- check out appleseedthemovie.com

JKozzy
There's more to a movie than graphics yes

SaTsuJiN
is this the appleseed by masamune shiro?.. it was a pretty good flick.. I dunno if this wierd retake is gonna compete though

JKozzy

WindDancer
I'm going to go see it today! big grin

Be back later with a review!

gls
no review yet anyone?

WindDancer
Just got back from the theather! big grin

I liked it! Not what I was expecting, but I was satisfied. The animation and the CGI looked good. The action was non-stop and the storyline pretty good. I'll post a full review soon. Rigth now I'm tired...

But I do suggest it! Is worth seen it. I'll admit that Deunan is the best looking anime girl I've ever seen. Very cute and quite lovely. By the way is rated R.

Be back later with a full review.

Kanashimi
Im really interested in this now, usually animes that make it out in theatre are good, I cant wait for FF Advent Child movie coming out soon.

gls
thats only on dvd though...and the psp of course

Kanashimi
True, also I cant remember wasn't ghost in the shell 2 in theatre too?

WindDancer
Ghost in the shell 2 was in certain select theathers. I don't think it was fully release nation wide.

My review:

Appleseed takes place sometime in the future after a Global War. Nearly all humans are wipe out except for a certain few that survive. In order to keep humanity scientist create Bioroids and they build a Utopian like society and build a great city away from the battle fields of the global war. In charge of Utiopia are a lady by the name of Athena and 7 old men floating around in a chair.

Without posting spoilers let me cut throught the storyline.....The 7 old men and Athena decide to bring into their world a soldier by the name of Deunan (which as I mention earlier she is one of the best looking girls in anime I've ever seen). She meets Heitomei (sp?) and she introduces her to the world. Then she is reunited with an old war friend (who happens to be a former lover) that has been turn into a huge robot fighter.

Near the end there are the usual twists you'll find in all animes. And the bad guys are trully revealed. The story is very neat and you get a kinda of beauty and the beast story with Deunan and her big robot friend. The dubbing isn't so bad, but I prefer the original japanese dialogue. Animation looks terrific! Specially with the robots and the fights. The only thing that kinda bother me was the hair. Look like they were wearing helmets or something else. Is defenetly worth checking it out. Go see it! Don't wait for the DVD to come out this one you gotta see it at the theater!

I usually don't rate Anime but I were to rate it....I would give it a

5 out of 5.

Go see Appleseed and enjoy! smile

Kanashimi
wow that sounds sweet Gls We gotta go see it sometime XP

WindDancer
I highly suggested yes

Silver Stardust
I need to go see it still...sadly I'm working all weekend miffed

Kanashimi
Hmm Ill find a way to see it

WindDancer
Well folks I hope you guys got the chance to see it at theaters because it was awesome to see this Anime movie in the big screen.

For those of you who couldn't see it at theaters here is the DVD info:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007OY31Q/qid=1110495501/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-9840808-6480801?v=glance&s=dvd

It will be release in the US on May 10th 2005. I personally recommend adding this DVD to your collection. smile

WindDancer
I bought my copy earlier! big grin

Nataku8188
If it's half as good as the Manga, my pants will catch fire while watching this movie.

WindDancer
The DVD is full with extras! I love it! A worthy title to own. The quality is excellent. thumb up

Impediment
I just bought this DVD and it is easily one of the coolest flicks I've ever seen. The CG is beyond amazing, and the story is gripping and exhilarating. This is a great movie for young and old anime fans. I highly recommend this to anyone.

JLred
I saw it again this morning......still liked it....

WrathfulDwarf
Haven't seen it for awhile. I'll watch it tonight. I'm glad you like it. It is one of the best animes I've seen in recent years.

C-Dic
Bumping this one. I was at GameStop today and came across the nifty 2 Disc SE metalbook of "Appleseed". Granted, I've never really ventured any furthur into manga/anime any furthur than early Robotech and Akira, so this was me just jumping right into the lake. I was so pleasantly surprised with this one. As mentioned before, it was an entirely new approach to animation, with motion as well as 2D, which was flawlessly integrated. Great attention to detail, and the first 10 minutes alone were so insanely gripping that I didn't want to stop.

Very glad I made the decision to buy it, and plan on looking into similar titles in the near future. Great, great science fiction, too.

Dark Moose
I only saw it recently, rented it from a ... rent shop place, so i can't watch it again. I had no idea about any of the theater stuff.It had brilliant story did it not ... yes it did.I really liked the landmates and the ESWAT armour.Didnt yah just think it was so cute when hitomi was asking what its like to love. I liked it so much when i watched it that i ended up watching it 3 times in one day, and i spent threedays searching for cool oics on the net about appleseed.I got a bit crazy i think. I need to buy it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.