Fanboys Vs. Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zahit
Hey Guys. I have an idea!!!!

You know what they say: Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one....

Instead talking out of your ass....try READING what Marvel actually has
to say about thier own characters. Afterall, we didn't invent them...MARVEL DID!!!!

http://www.marveldirectory.com/

1. Read first.
2. Post argument.
3. Repeat.

Draco69
Isn't this more of Comic Book Forum material than Versus Forum material? Anyway, I already have the site listed in my favorites.

Zahit
Actually this is perfect for the Versus forum.
Have you read some of the arguments on this forum?
sheesh.....you'd think some of these people here
never read a Marvel comic in their lives.

cool

radioboy121
You cannot justify an argument based on sites alone like this. These are bios and if you compare just on powers alone, you lose the whole purpose of a character completely. Characters are often being pitted in otherwise difficult odds and things don't always work out how you think it would.

srankmissingnin
Or we could try this. Instead of getting all you information of the Internet try reading the comics; you know where the stuff that is debated actually happened.

IRTMU-Dragon
Marvel Directory is no longer accurate, and hasnt been since about 2001. Try marvel.com The only thing the directory is good for is some background information really.

srankmissingnin
Yeah the bios are top notch but most the stats are crap... fighting skill is fairly accurate for the most part.

IRTMU-Dragon
Fighting skill and weapons are all still accurate, but ive been told many times now the Hulks base strength is around 100 now, and it says its 60-70, also it still says Deadpool can regrow limbs... something that was taken out a long long time ago because it made him unstoppable.

crazyspinz
that site is very very oput of date, colossus is now class 100+ and it only has him as 70, and DP can regen limbs and stuff, he was made immortal by thanos

IRTMU-Dragon
Nice lobo sig.

Colussus died.

crazyspinz
nope, colossus is alive have you read astonishing xmen, they found him being tortured in a whare house or something, and his powers where some how stopped. but now he is back and stronger than ever

Draco69
Collossus is back.

Draco69
Dammit I wanted to say Colossus was back first. sad

crazyspinz
har

IRTMU-Dragon
Hey... Has a Iron-man VS Colussus thread been done yet?

crazyspinz
yes, well it was iron man vs colossus vs steel, and steel sucks so it was bsicaly IM vs colossus, and colossus would own him

srankmissingnin
Not really the place but Iron Fist has destoryed Black Panthers vibranium suit so I would imagine a good hit would drop Colossus.

crazyspinz
you do know we are talking about iron man not iron fist right?

and black panther's suit isnt even a fraction as durable as colossus, colossus is more durable than even the hulk, iron fist would break his hand and colossus wouldnt feel a thing

IRTMU-Dragon
Oh, thats an old thread isnt it?

juggernaut74
Dragon I am not trying to be rude. But do you actually read comics? I already staightened you out on the adamantium and vibrainium thing. Colossus has been back for about 6 months now.

IRTMU-Dragon
Admantium and vibranium thing? Where does Collusus dieing have to deal with vibranium and admantium?
I read tons of comics, Ive never been a big fan of X-men though.

juggernaut74
In the Maul vs Wolverine thread I said those were earth metals and you said that they were not. I thought that was common knowledge for a Marvel reader. And Colossus coming back was all over these forums and a avid comic reader would have surely heard of his return.

Draco69
Joss Whedon rules!!!

srankmissingnin
How did I misread Ironman for Ironfist... lame. Ironman would beat Colossus also though.

Draco69
Iron Man would definitely beat Colossus. Colossus is one dimensional : super strength and invulnerability. Iron Man is much more versatile. Repulser blasts, sonics, lasers, gases, etc. Iron Man wouldn't even need to get physical with Petey. He would just attack him from a distance.

srankmissingnin
And if he had to get in close he can always do that thing where he puts all the suits power into one last dinch attack type thing; I seem to recall him putting down Hulk like that or maybe it was the Silver Surfer... BA! It was someone powerful

Zahit
i started this thread cause a lot of people really don't seem to know
these characters abilities well. there is no substitute for actually
reading the comics, but some are so badly written
that it makes it hard to tell what someone's abilities are.
(example: wolverine beating hercules. wolverine dropping thing
with one hit. spiderman beating firelord)
the marvel directory may be a little outdated here and there, but the
powers of people have not really changed for the most part.
(example: wolverine cannot survive being thrown into the sun as some
have not so eloquently argued. nor does he have superhuman strength)
pimp

srankmissingnin
Thing's organs are not super tough or durable and I'm told there is a major artery near the shoulder so isn't unlikely that he would go down after getting stabbed. Wolverine beating Hercules isn't that far fetched, he has beat Rough House in a bar fight, with out using his claws, and Rough House is in the 70 ton range. Wolverine does have superhuman strength, I can think of dozen of examples of the top of my head and if I looked at my collect I'm sure I can get at least a hundred. Your right about one thing though Wolverine only survived the sun because of the Phoenix force.

Maybe it is time for a Wolverine Capability thread

Napalm
Marvels been making me made lately Collosos should be gay mad

and the hulk can lift more that a measly 14 tons mad

Zahit
www.marveldirectory.com

1. Read
2. Post argument
3. Repeat

p.s. - his capabilities are explained pretty damn clearly. read.

srankmissingnin
So what you are saying is the opinion of the site master has more weight then the comics? That is what you are saying right? I doubt Marvel comics has any affiliation with that site... yet you feel it has a more accurate representation of the characters then the comics?

Tron
Alrighty, my first moderator action!

This isn't an actual vs. thread, moving to Comic Book Movies Forum, although with the way it started, I'm temped to close it.

Havoc470
off topic: oh yeah!!! good job Tron

marveldirectory.com has no official word on the marvel characters, its an out-dated site only brought up as a last ditch effort (not all the time though) and then quickly swatted down

Arachnoidfreak
Marvel Directory was actually a collection of Marvel's official Bios and ratings, back when it was new. The creator didn't use opinions, he used Marvel's own information.

Now however, Marvel Directory is in urgent need of an update.

Tron
The guy in charge of that site has been attempting to make updates, but I think he's been short of time or something.

Havoc470
so then whats the difference between going to marveldirectory.com and marvel.com?......the difference is that marvel.com is updated? but if you see their bios and power levels in marvel.com you might not agree with quite a few of them

Zahit
All i'm trying to say is know the characters your arguing for or against.
After reading a bunch of these 'verses' arguments, it's clear some
people here truly don't know the details.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.