Boxed set or induvidually?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
I need Help, on Amazon they have The Evil Dead Boxed set and then they have the 'Special Edition' individually. What should I do?!

I might even buy the special Army of Darkness with threatrical and directors edition, or something like that. It's just it's $40 american money! that's like $60 new zealand dollars! fear

I need your advice.

Cinemaddiction
Got a link so we can evaluate the set?

BlackC@t
www.amazon.com happy

Mane
Boxset.

eggmayo

Cinemaddiction
Eh, it's the basic versions of "Evil Dead" and "Army of Darkness". There's a 2 disc "Boomstick Edition" with both cuts of the movie and commentaries, and you could have gotten all 3, the best versions for about $30 before shipping, used.

It says that boxed set is out of stock anyway?

SlipknoT
Boxset

Wolfie
Ummm... I don't see the box set anywhere on Amazon.

BlackC@t
Yeah, the boxed set is out-of-stoc. Which makes my decision a hell of a lot easier.

I never by things used unless I absouletly have to. There's a Boomstick version? Didn't see that...

The boxed set has no extras anyways, and it's more expensive then buying them all individually.

Cine are you saying I should buy the first two special editions then the third version with both directors and theatrical?

Wolfie
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000844IT/qid=1106181620/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-1221476-0473440?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

The Boomstick Edition is the one to get, both theatrical and director's cuts. The director's cut has the original ending but you can also watch it on the theatrical disc in the extras section.

BlackC@t
Cool. Thanks for your help guys happy

tabby999
you'll generally find that most DVDs in box sets are much better value indervidually, like the Alien Quadrilogy set, they're cheaper one by one

MildPossession
I have a box set with an extra dvd full of extras, before that I got the Evil Dead box with the special book of the dead cover.

I'm happy with those.

BlackC@t
The book of the dead cover isn't all three, it's just the first.

Zilverz
I have never seen this movie all the way through. Is the directors cut better than the theatrical ? what im getting at is it worth it to get the edition with the directors cut ?

MildPossession
'The book of the dead cover isn't all three, it's just the first.'

Yes I know... I was just saying I got it before I got the box set.

Wolfie
The theatrical cut is better. The director's cut is nice to watch on occaision though. Some good lines "Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun" were cut out for not-so-good lines. Some things make more sense.

Sheila: What about those kind words you spoke?
Ash: That's what we call "pillow talk", baby.

The theatrical version cut out the sex scene.

Wolfie
I usually find box sets to be cheaper. On Amazon.com, the ANOES set is $79.98. Individually, they cost $13.47 each. 7 movies so that's $94.29. And the the box is so pretty too! smile

BlackC@t
With Ash? droolio

Wolfie
You don't see anything.

BlackC@t
Curses! furious

What about him with his shirt off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.