Anime=crap?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandos
Althought some animes are amazingly well done and has interesting stories, I would more likely say that there are more crappy than good mangas. I don't want anyone being mad at me for what I said. But it's a fact.

Darth Revan187
they all crap

Mandos
No not all, but most of them.

BlackHatDefect
Its not a fact moron, its an opinion.

Awwell, at least you could say your OPINION without looking like a 9 year old on speed.

unless you can prove to me that most anime is crap, I will continue to wonder why you bother trying to complain.

Kenshinswife
Why would you say most anime is crap, most of them have a deeper meaning than most crappy american cartoon(minus teen titans)or alot of american shows for that case (but hey thats my opinion
Hey bhd long time no see

JLred
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

wink

psycix
it's NOT a fact... some animes are as good as the mangas...

WindDancer
I'm allowing this thread to be open so that Anime and Manga fans can establish their rebuttles. yes

But please no bashing. Just post your thoughts.

Personally, I think that is a rather silly to post Anime=Crap.....that is just plain silly.

Silver Stardust
People's likes and dislikes come down to personal preference, so what you think of something is an opinion. You cannot say that something is "crap" and state it as a fact.

Mandos
Well, I don't think anime=crap. And what I said earlier about "fact" is not the correct term indeed. It's my opinion. But the word opinion and fact are different. If I've said opinions, there wouldn't be all those comments. wink And that's what animates forum doesn't it?
Wasn't it more lively? laughing
And I must say blackdefect is as full of energy as ever in responses. Nice job (but next time, don't insult me) stick out tongue

PS: As for the title anime=crap, I'm sorry it was my mistake. The title was out of proportion. Please accept my apologies. smile

MildPossession
To me, 99% of anime is mostly crap, it takes a lot for me to like an Anime series or film.

The above doesn't cover literature because I don't read anime/manga.

Ironman
are u dissin american cartoons! are you dissing on transformers simpsons south park king of the hill FMAILY guy aqua teen hunger force such and such you my firned if your american your a got damn self hater.

JLred
I agree with Ironman and BlackHatDefect they both have good points....

Silver Stardust
Transformers is anime.

Ironman
no it is not it was made in america in g1 days then takara got rights and started making transformers seriese armada energon I got in an argument about this i used to tink it was anime hell i am only 14 i wasnt there back in da day. but i was schooled on tf anology. its american. not anime.

SnakeEyes
IMO all anime is crap.... why? just because i really despise that type of art, and the "humor" in anime, if you can call it that, is awkward and bland. I also think that ALL cartoons went downhill when the '90s ended.

Ironman
if you think that then dont post in anime forums just shut up and leave.

SnakeEyes
jeez, somebody is a little cranky... I have the right to post my opnion, i mean, i didn't insult anybody.

Ironman
well your in an anime forum saying anime sucks DO THE MATH. mad

Kenshinswife
um...yea if thats what you wanna call it...they have absolutely zero point...i despise koth it is sooooooo stupid,south park is the type of show you watch when there is absolutley nothing else to watch...please dont crap in your undies i said most of american anime
Fyi i am american....

Ironman
i thought you said american shows i no u aint dissin on transformers

Kenshinswife
I dont even watch tranformers.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ironman
oh well, its a good show

Robo-Chocobo
I loved the original transformers as a kid. I remember the constructicons and dinobots....sigh...the 80's had such good cartoons.....GI joe.....robotech...voltron.....I know I' forgetting something........hm..... oh bother. then their was the original batman in the 90s...and that wing commander show...

what's happened to saturday morning? Now when I was flicking back through the channels on Sat, it was all messed up. they had all these wierd shows on, really bad anime, (and you wonder why some people say it sucks), and all sorts of gay crap. I miss the time when cartoons were fun to watch.

JLred
ABABABABABALALLBLBLLBALBLABL....i havent seen blackhatdefect in a while.

psycix
you like Fullmetal Alchemist?

Robo-Chocobo
I don't think S/he does. what ever would make you say that~*

*end sarcasm

JLred
It's a he. And I love FMA.

Mandos
Ironman, I am not american and the only show I watch coming from your country is Family Guy.

Bardock42
Animes =crap
Mangas = ok to great

yes

Mandos
MANGA ROCKS

Robo-Chocobo
what if this is all an alternate reality? and manga is actually crap and anime is good? the world will never know...

Mandos
What did you smoke dude? cool

Bardock42
Yeah I want to have some of that stuff.
But in reality as we percept it now its like I said yes

Solo
The only animes worth watching are Cowboy Bebop and Speed Racer,IMO. Even though most would disagree with me on Speed Racer.

BlackHatDefect
Me thinks Mandos should PM me..I want him to try Death Note and Count Cain...Mandos..PM MEEEEEEEE!!!
**Yep, thats me, full of energy *smiles*

Kenshinswife
hey, black hat defect

JLred
She's finally back.

Aku
Some animes/manga is better than others.

Dragonball Z (comic) - Although the storyline isnt that good and the drawing isnt incredible. Its still a fun read.

Battle Royale (comic) - Very good drawing and the storyline is one we all wish we could participate (in fantasy).

ZomBiE_HunTER
I really love animes they're sumthing special. smile

JLred
YAY!!!!!!!!

anime
For me it does not matter when someone says anime/american cartoon/etc is a crap or whatever as long a person enjoy watching it, who cares if one guy just came and say it sucks. There would be reasons but the matter is either you like it or just go watch something else.

Mandos
This is a true BUT BORING answer! laughing out loud

Silver Stardust
Some anime is crap. Unless you watch Adult Swim or get the Anime Network, most of what you're seeing is crap/geared to little children. Also remember that most anime that is shown on TV in America is edited to hell.

Mandos
IN THIS THREAD I DON'T WANT TO SEE POST SAYING:
"OH' I LOVE ANIME BLABLABLA..." BULL****.
You gotta say why you love them!

JLred
God that is so true about them editing everything out. I watch Adult Swim*sad* but I buy movies and seaons uncut.eek!

Robo-Chocobo
wait so what shows are on that are edited to hell that aren't already slightly geared to kids?

aslo, if you need more anime options

check out G4techTv. on their anime unleashed program they show all sorts of animes like Last exile, and gungrave.

The Flash
One Piece, Shaman King, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc are censored to the max.

JLred
so true flash^

Silver Stardust
I believe the two most edited anime ever were Pokemon and Sailormoon...both of which were for kids to begin with. I never liked Pokemon, but I nearly cried the first time I saw Sailormoon dubbed...they ruined my favorite anime!!!

And yeah, there are anime that aren't geared to kids but still heavily edited...ever see Outlaw Star? It's not on anymore, but entire episodes were cut out when they aired it on Toonami. The Gundam series are very heavily edited...there are more but I can't think of the names ATM.

JLred
Everyone makes new threads but no one wants to post in YYH or FMA threads why?

Most of the people that say anime is crap sometimes dont understand it. My friends hated FMA until they saw it.

skinny
what anime is fma

Silver Stardust
Full Metal Alchemist. It's quite good.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I really love that show.

JLred
Yay!!! Then post in the Fullmetal Alchemist thread saying how much you like it!!!!! ITs dying out.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I did.

JLred
Ok then Ill go post in it....a long post....HEY!!!!! I just checked and you didnt...

Stormchild
all of you who think anime is crap you are f***ing !#$^%#%^)_(&&%%^#!%^&&*(&^@ i hate you and if i knew where you lived i'd kick you in the nuts don't care if you have them

JLred
Can you say why you like and which kinds??

I think that would count as part of it^

gUiLtY_ArCaDiA
I Like the 80's Japanese cartoons. My favorite are: Grendizer and Technoman.

In Holland there were alot of cartoons from America. Like:
Ring Raiders, Galaxy Rangers and Thundercats.
But those Cartoons are also my favorite =)

JLred
Thundercats yucky

No offense

FallenArchAngel
Mandos
If you think anime is crap. Why bother even post on this forum, u obviously don't like it.

No member bashing.

Maylien
I totally agree

FallenArchAngel
Mandos
I would like to apologize for my use of bad language in my last post to this thread it was totally unnessesary and rude, please forgive me I am not usually that rude or bad mannered it is probably because I have just had a bad day today and i am a bit tempramental due to that. I know that that is no excuse for my behavior so please forgive me. I did not mean to offend u or anyone else.

Buster 1700
Personaly i think (from wot iv seen not a lot) that tv has completly cr**ed up manga i mean theres so much emotion in the characters and the best tv can come up with is a f**kin card game!!! plz!!!!! there is so much that can be done with these charaters, AS looks like a seris that has reali caught all the beuty and emotion manga trully has that so few acturly understand. i mean i havnt got sky so i havnt seen many manga shows but from wot iv seen like pokemon is c**p, i think mangas amazing with all the emotion magic and love in them but 2 use that as a card game i mean wot the hells goin on?!?!?
theres so much more that can b done with them

JLred
What word is cr**ed?????????

Just put a period after each one so it wont be blocked........Or whatever..

Buster 1700
c.r.a.p.e.d

JLred
c.r.a.p.e.d???

Whats that mean???

or c.r.a.p.p.e.d.????

Buster 1700
yer c.r.a.p.p.e.d any way stay on the subject

Mandos
No hard feelings fallen, don't even remember you insulting me!lol
PS: Well, say what you want, but try to make 4 pages with anime-crap here! laughing stick out tongue

JLred
Hey someone made a cool smilie tht flips someone off after waving hello....I cant find it i like it.....well to subject.... I think the SHOW Ravemaster is crap!!!!

Max Spidey 24
Anime Sucks Bad.... Why am i in an anime forum....well knowing your enemy is the first step in to destroying it.

Only Decent anime is
Dbz
Kenshin
Cowboy bebop
Yu Yu Hakusho
Only Decent and only some episodes

Every thing else is crap with the same nose bleed jokes and falling to the floor garabage.

From you friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

Silver Stardust
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
Anime Sucks Bad.... Why am i in an anime forum....well knowing your enemy is the first step in to destroying it.

Only Decent anime is
Dbz
Kenshin
Cowboy bebop
Yu Yu Hakusho
Only Decent and only some episodes

Every thing else is crap with the same nose bleed jokes and falling to the floor garabage.

From you friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

DBZ is crap, YYH is good, Bebop and Kenshin are excellent.

What anime have you seen, anyway? Judging by the ones you've listed I'd say that you've only seen dubbed anime that's shown on TV.

Max Spidey 24
No i seen more but the rest are crap . Yeah Dbz was ok for the first 20 episodes then it became crap.

I also have seen these animes

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Full Moon
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fruits Basket
Berserk
Hikaru no Go
Last Exile
Scrapped Princess
Gundam Seed
Tenjou Tenge
Naruto
Wolfs Rain
GTO
One Piece
Sonic X
Fooly Kooly
Chrono Crusade
AbenAnoboshi(or w/e)
Inyuyasha
Hunter X Hunter
Get Backers
Vandread
Macross Plus
Bio Hunters
Grippler
Gar Gaurd
Princess Monoke
Read Or Die
Armitage
Samuira Champloo
.Hack Sighn
Ranma
Excel Saga
Saber Marionet
Slayers
Metropolis
Zach Bell
3x3 eyes and a alot more. Like i said Knowing the enemy is the first step in destroying it. Anime is crap even the ones i founf ok because of 2 episodes you seen 5 you seen 50000000.
Negima
Love Hina
Ikii Tosen AKA Battle Vixens
Nijica
Pokemon

Silver Stardust
Full Moon
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fruits Basket
Gundam Seed
Naruto
Wolfs Rain
GTO
Fooly Kooly
Chrono Crusade
Macross Plus
Princess Monoke
Read Or Die
Armitage
.Hack Sighn
Ranma
Excel Saga
Saber Marionet
Slayers
Metropolis
Love Hina

^ Those are all AWESOME anime that I love and would recommend to nearly anyone...what about them didn't you like?

Max Spidey 24
They Sucked Full moon puts me to sleep i guess GTO is Kinda Funny and naruto is like dbz to much

Lana
...WHY did they suck?

Naruto is not like DBZ, Full Moon is a shoujo anime, and GTO is freakin' hilarious.

JLred
Hey Max Spidey what aabout FMA?????

Max Spidey 24
That show is like the other shows but the main character is handicaped.

I guess I shouldnt say all is crap but 70% of anime is .

Lana
Simply saying it's crap doesn't mean anything. Give a damn reason as to why you think it sucks...do you not like the story? The art? The characters?

Max Spidey 24
Easy there Lana.....anyway its crap(most) because its so linear in there story and all the sexual jokes(same ones) every episode and anime is just crap. Now a days in fighting shows they cant just fight they got to go SSJ ,Demon,Shiringan,3 eyes, come on just use your own skills without trying to awake some legend that has been done in every fighting anime. As for the other types with the girls looking like F*ucking Morans in the majority of the animes realy gets to me.

Oh yeah no one take offense to this itys not like im telling u to stop watching anime but the title of the chat is Anime Crap ? so i discusss what i think it is.

Mace Skywalker
Originally posted by Lana
...WHY did they suck?

Naruto is not like DBZ, Full Moon is a shoujo anime, and GTO is freakin' hilarious.

Naruto is DBZ with ninja, you must be blind. Anyway, most anime are crap, theres alot of bad ones. Same with american comics and cartoons, 80% is crap.

Max Spidey 24
Yeah I agree with Mace S Comics have alot of crap too even the good ones are getting bad but atleast its a variety of crap not like anime with the same crap.

Mace Skywalker
Yeah, also their market is not very vast in asia compared to the americas. Theyre are a few good ones. Hell i might read one hundred books on cooking spaghetti and only like 10, thats just how it goes.

Max Spidey 24
I 3was reading a manga a while back and then my friend made me read another one but the cover was ripped. I read 20 pages and just realized it wasnt the book i was reading before because they all have the same story so i thought it was the same series when it wasnt I found out because the main characters name was different but similar and they both had spikey hair.

Lana
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
Easy there Lana.....anyway its crap(most) because its so linear in there story and all the sexual jokes(same ones) every episode and anime is just crap. Now a days in fighting shows they cant just fight they got to go SSJ ,Demon,Shiringan,3 eyes, come on just use your own skills without trying to awake some legend that has been done in every fighting anime. As for the other types with the girls looking like F*ucking Morans in the majority of the animes realy gets to me.

Oh yeah no one take offense to this itys not like im telling u to stop watching anime but the title of the chat is Anime Crap ? so i discusss what i think it is.

Well, all you were saying is that they were crap and not giving a reason. Generally if you're going to make a statement you should back it up with some reasons.

Any fighting show is going to be exactly the same, you should know that...and also if they didn't stretch it out with all the stuff you mentioned the series would last 10 eps tops.

Yes, some anime do have a rather linear storyline, but 1) that's not all of them and 2) they actually have an ongoing plot, unlike most American cartoons.

There's a lot of sexual jokes in anime and manga...same with American cartoons. And I don't know what you've been reading/watching where you think they're all the same, because I've heard some pretty wild ones myself wink

And the comment about Naruto being DBZ with ninjas...well, I've never watched the Naruto anime, but I've read the manga which is quite different that DBZ. It has a plot that's more than just "fight, save the world, die, come back to live, repeat".

And anime and manga have a HUGE market in Asia, btw.

JLred
I like Naruto...cry

Reborn Again
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_29197_rl.gif

???

Lana
That's BlackHat's sig. She hates Inuyasha. As do I.

JLred
I kinda sort of like Inuyash becasue one of my friends likes it and thats all he ever watches so thats what we ever talk about....

until i bring in Fullmetal Alchemist

Mandos
Love Hina anime is crap, ain't the same as in the mangas. LOVE HINA MANGAS ROCK!!!!!!!! Nice job Ken Akamatsu!

JLred
Some names are funny........like Hikaru Notodo.....heard that somewhere or I just made it upstick out tongue

Blue Dragon
Anime is not crap! Who said that!!!? mad

JLred
Not me...

raenef v
so many ppl think that cartoons and anime are the same!
there not!
anime is so much better!
i hate american cartoons!

Blue Dragon
Anime is better...some cartoons nowa days aren't like years ago but that's off topic. So yeah, some anime can be for all ages or 'certain' ages.

I watched Outlaw Star which I think was a 15...until they took it off the tv *sob*. But only 26 episodes anyway...make more!

b-dan
you are true the anime shows i cant stand are sailor moon pokemon plastic little (thats a reaaly gay movie) gundom wing i hate it so much i think its a copy off of esxcaphlonie

TrAnCeDuO
which one came first? escaphlone or gundam wing?

JLred
I have no idea...embarrasment

TrAnCeDuO
wait a minute...does he mean escaflowne?

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by b-dan
you are true the anime shows i cant stand are pokemon

What's wrong with Pokemon!? You hate Pikachu! *sob*

JLred
Im not a big fan of the Pokemon series....but I love the pokemon games!!!!!!!! I still need to reserve Emerald...

Mireille
I haven't seen all the anime and i've only read one comic book of sonic which i found in the magazine section in the school liberey.
I've been going through the Anime they have at the vidio shop and so far i like them all, I watched a few epesods of bladebade and crushgear but i never really got into them they just wern't the type i like i cant say that their crap because i never really watched them. You can't go around saying things like "All anime is crap", because in reality you would have had to watch every anime thats ever been made to say this statement.
I haven't read many manga like i said befor but i've heard in all cases its better then the episode, so im going to have a look around to find some.
Apart from that most anime ive seen i think its cool

JLred
yup...

Black Adam
bump

Blax_Hydralisk
Why?

Nod
Originally posted by Mandos
Althought some animes are amazingly well done and has interesting stories, I would more likely say that there are more crappy than good mangas. I don't want anyone being mad at me for what I said. But it's a fact. Anime is crap. Very.

Classic NES
Who raised this fossil back up?

Endless Mike
The majority of everything is crap. That's why you have to have taste to find the good stuff

ensatsu-ken
I wouldn't say that anime is crap as a whole genre. There are plenty of crappy anime, but there are also plenty of good ones as well.

leonheartmm
most anime is GOOD, minus the chidlish stuff. most american cartoons are crap. minus sum like simpsons/southpark/family guy/juhhny quest/ and sum oldies like thundercats n tom n jerry and loony toons and stuff. also, minus most disney toons from that category.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Lana
You cannot say that something is "crap" and state it as a fact. Oh the irony in this.

Gregory
I think that non-Japanese anime fans probably have a distorted view of the subject, in anime's favor. That's because if a company takes the risk of licensing and translating a series, it's probably done well in Japan and is expected to do well in America. So the really bad stuff never gets over here, and people think that as a genre, anime is better than it really is.

My opinion on "anime=crap"? Browsing through book store's manga sections, and video store's anime sections, I find that I'm only interested in a tiny minority of the titles. So even though I'm only being exposed to the stuff that did well in Japan and is expected to do well in America, in my opinion, "most anime=uninteresting." But it's like Endless Mike says; that's true about most stuff. You've got to use your best judgment to find stuff that you'll like.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Why?

for the LULZ mostly..

boobsmagee
i find it half these posts useless, considering most of you dont give an explanation, you just say its crap
there are so many anime series out there, but you usually only hear about the popular ones, there could easily be one out there that you would enjoy, but you just havn't looked hard enough

ive read little manga, because for the most part i usually find it extremely boring, the black and white pictures, and blah text

anime gives you the visual expierence beyond what your own mind creates looking at a few images and words, it creates a reality where you can better under

blah im done this is a stupid discussion

not all anime is crap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.