"The Goonies"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Has anyone seen this flick? What a great movie!

Texas
It's Speilberg, what you'd expect? It's a really great movie. I like the fat kid with the tight 70's pants!

jenn
wink that is such a cool film i love the fat kid as well he is really cute

King Jedi
Shortround from Indy was the best. What was his name in the goonies?

ToMacco
Data

He invented things that didn't work. Except the "Pinchers of power" that he used when he fell into the pit! laughing out loud

LanceWindu
That movie is so awesome. I love how they ditch the older brother with his excercise thingy. Then he had to ride a little girls bike.

ToMacco
HEYYY YOUUU GUYYYSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LanceWindu
A classic line!!!

ToMacco
When I was a youth, I would make a map, then follow it to burried treasure in my basement.

Of course, I didn't have cool booby traps like them!

King Jedi
What was the big weird guy's name? Sloth or something?

ToMacco
Yeah, Sloth.

King Jedi
He used to freak me out. In fact he still does.

ToMacco
Yeah, he's odd. But he's a good guy! He's cuddly and he loves his mother. What a likable character! cool

Texas
When I grow up I wanna be just like Sloth!

ToMacco
You already look like him! big grin

steely balls
oh god what more to say....except its a classic

don't hate...appreciate

say "hey u guys" if u like the movie?
or not...the choice is yours

VallejoKid707
Its an good movie and its funny. I met the kid with orange hair in your sig thats sorta chubby. When he was grown up of course. It was a hot day and he was selling snow cones and I went over and got one and he was selling them for his church. Then he just mentioned he was the fat kid in The Goonies. It was so cool.

roundisfunny
Biography for Jeff "Chunk" Cohen (from the IMDb):

Jeffrey Bertan Cohen

Born June 25, 1974 in California.

Graduated from UC Berkeley.

Is an Entertainment Lawyer in Los Angeles, California.

Jeff Cohen was the President of the Associated Students of UC Berkeley and used to do the Truffle Shuffle on the sidelines during football games.

I heard they were considering a re-make, but there's nothing in the news yet.

steely balls
yeah thats him

ragesRemorse
hey if you like goonies you might like to know that there trying to make a sequal/ how about that

Myth
How pathetic. He's selling snow cones, ok, its for a his church (scared me, thought it was his job at first). However, how sad is it that he has to tell people that he was that kid.

VallejoKid707
Yeah but its just volunteering. He's having a good life

Evy_O
That used to be my FAVOURITE movie when I was little eek!
I was renting it all over again from the video club yes I had seen it like, 10 times stick out tongue

Still like it thumb up

tinkerbell668
yeah i heard that they're making a movie sequal too!!

vagaryatwill
Goonies is one of those movies that you just can't make a sequal for. That is destined to be a dissapointment. I loved Goonies!!

steely balls
the sequel won't be the same...the characters aren't goin to be the same...they will try basin off there last success it would turn out crappy, but thats a theory. it might actually be good

Drifter101
y a sequel y, what w/ todays cheap child actors or what, they cant make a remake of this film please leave it as it is

Aerosin
confused

freya
it was my favourite when i was younger a watched it like bout 50 times,that pissed of my brother

Pirate_Girly
This has been one of my favorite movies since i was a kid and forever will be. My favorite character is Chunk. "NO ITS CAPTAIN CHUNK!"

<<Solo>>
Agreed. It is just plain classic. It Speilberg's Greatest Movie by far.

el_barto
this is a great movie but i've seen better

Pirate_Girly
lol

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
Never seen the movie, any one care to tell me what it's about?

Pirate_Girly
You must be the only person in the history of the world lmao.

neo2
here is what it's about Perfectly~*~Not,

It is an 80s movie about a bunch of kids and teens who are outcasts, and they call themselves The Goonies.

One day, Mikey, one of the kids, discovers a map in his attic. It leads to a treasure that the whole gang goes looking for in underground tunnels of Astoria, Oregon. It is full of jokes that family movies could only get away with before the MPAA really nailed the board on ratings.

eleveninches
It was cool in the 80's. But now it totally sucks

Pirate_Girly
That may be what you think, but not me. It will always be on my top favorites.

xmen fan
ok i like it but you know what srange?i have a girl that goes to my curch that looks like sloth,EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

xmen fan
and her eyes? god! ones watching you and the other?the other ones looking off in the other derection!!!!!GROSS!

xmen fan
people you don't wanna see this girl!

xmen fan
and i swear! that curch has some strange lookin people,i mean even my mom and dad,with there tattoos and piercings god,those people are UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alien

Pirate_Girly
Dude you may be over exaggerating on the sloth lookalike at church haha

xmen fan
maybe but shes still ugly!!!

Pirate_Girly
lol So.

xmen fan
lol!!!i

silver_tears
I haven't seen the full movie, but I don't really like movies from long ago.

Pirate_Girly
I say 1986 wasnt TOO long ago heheh. Its not really an old timey movie.

silver_tears
I don't like movies made before I was born much stick out tongue

Kaleanae
^ Why?

I don't like this movie, the Goonies messed

silver_tears
Well with todays standards of film, I find them disappointing, like I was watching Star Wars once, and I thought is this the best they could do, although for the time it must have been extraordinary, but still, nowadays with the blockbusters they seem cheap and cheesy.

I like to be visually impressed to the extreme embarrasment

silver_tears
Same with horror movies, they seem tame compared to what they do nowadays stick out tongue

silver_tears
look what I found laughing out loud

xmen fan
i gotta say, orlandos cute!

Machete_guy
My dads friend bought me the goonies on video years ago but i never bothered to watch it..is it good?

Pirate_Girly
Yeah

hobbit_lover
i know hes creepy i love the movie but he still creeps me out!

Pirate_Girly
Who..Sloth?

Cyclops
When he ripped off his shirt and the Superman shirt was underneath... laughing

Pirate_Girly
lol i thought it was funny big grin

RavenNightstar
Oh please, someone tell me they do! This was my all time fav movie when I was a kid. I knew every SINGLE line by heart, and was absolutely in love with Sean Astin. Needless to say, I'm dissapointed with how he turned out, but he was still quite cute as a kid!

pennyroyal
arrgghh i loved this film .. every week i was allowed to rent a video and i would always get this
kinda weird really

KillTheLight
I love this movie I've watched it so many times.

SlipknoT
I love this movie, chunk laughing out loud

Red Superfly
This movie rocks.

HEEEEY YOOOOU GUUUUUYS!!!!!!

Dazzler619
I enjoyed this movie as well.Too bad they didn't make a sequel

RavenNightstar
I think a sequel might have ruined it! I know I wished that too when I was a kid, but now... I think it's great just the way it is!

Goonies never say die!

RavenNightstar
SENIOR JERK ALERT!

SlipknoT
They're actually planning on making a sequel

RavenNightstar
NOOOOOOO! You can't make a sequel! The goonies aren't the goonies without the original gang, and how in the world would you do that!? You can't!

Red Superfly
What is it with companies and sequels?

There should be some sort of sequel police who arrest people on the grounds of having REALLY BAD IDEAS.

Goonies 2 would be so stupid.

I hate sequels that are born out of stupidity rather than passion. Sequels like Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, Back To The Future, fine, because they WORK. Goonies? No I think that should be a one-off movie.

Jackie Malfoy
I love this movie it is the best.It has pirates in it and I even grow up watching this movie.I think it is safe to say that this is a classic!JM

SlipknoT
They're planning on using the same actors

Napalm
Lets do the truffle shuffle

Cinemaddiction
Just got this on DVD the other day for $5. I haven't seen it in AGES, so watchin' a baby Samwise in action should take me back, lol.

Lydia_J
The Goonies is awesome, its one of those films that is kinda rubbish but because I fell in love with it when I was a kid I still adore it.

SpikeSpiegel
Ah, I remember the Goonies. It was my favourate kids movie. I liked the Chinese kid with all the really cool gadgets stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.