What do you think death is ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ness
You know when you are sleeping and you are not deraming you are basicly just there, your just not thinking or nothing.. Thats how i think death is. I dont think death is when you go to heven or hell.

KharmaDog
I think that death is the absence of life where once life existed, other than that, I don't really know. And to be honest, I don't really bother worrying about it.

Ness
same here i'll worry about it when its time.

peterKSL
I believe you have reach an aswer same as mine... smile

Philosophicus
Death is a dead thing, or a conspiracy or something like that. It's actually the fear of too much life.

Filth
wow ness i thought you would have been banned

Death is the end and thats all i can tell you

Philosophicus
If they ban me this forum would pretty much resemble death... smokin' It would be very boring, don't you agree?

finti
no

Filth
i dont meen for this thread he posted one on the off the topic, it proberly would be boring

Morning_Glory
chocolate is death

finti
blind faith is death

Filth
Blind faith? are you saying the faithless are dead?

finti
if you blindly follow a faith without even questioning it, doubt it it is a s good as deth. A dark void of nohing.
and blind faith aint faithless

Philosophicus
finti - don't bore us here, please

Filth
hmmm thats very true

finti
by excluding you in this debate there wont be a bore

Philosophicus
by excluding you in this debate there wont be a bore

Ness
hahaha im so confused

finti
so is a fart in a wicker cahir

Arena Host
Death
-The act of dying; termination of life.
-The state of being dead.

Dead
-Having lost life; no longer alive.

Life
-The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
-The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.

I believe death is exactly what it means.

Ness
what !!!!!!

BlackC@t
I believe after death you can become a ghost, a guardian angel, or reincarnated.

I'm going to being reincarnated smile

Alpha Centauri
"I'm going to being reincarnated"

As what?

-AC

lil_lady_vamp
Well death to me seems rather pointless if something doesn't happen i don't believe in heaven or hell either but there are things i do believe i think that no matter what there is a time in our lives when our bodies are of no use to us and so we pass on to another without memories or anything we become new. in so many words i believe in reincarnation that is what i believe death is because if we didn't do something after we died it would be quite boring just to disapear. Don't you think huh

peterKSL
That I believe too... that's why deja vu happens???

ragesRemorse
I think it would be boring if i were to be reincarnated. I would rather disappear into an endless nothingness. The theory of reincarnation, to me is the ultimate tease. It is like saying live your life and achieve as much as you can, expand your conciseness as to the braodest possibilities, learn from your mistakes and embrace enlightenment, untill it is all taken away and you can repeat the cycle again and a again and again and again. That to me seems boring and empty. I dont know what death is, no one knows where death takes us. I am more worried about understanding and embracing life. Understanding life is far more complicated than trying to guess what happens when we die. there is only one way to find out the answer to death, but there are endless possibilities in realizing life.

NothingInVein
i think death is the end of existance. there is no hell or heaven. death is a sweet, oblivious rest devoid of feeling or awareness. there's no going back but you dont know you're dead....there's just no feeling or anything. and death itself is painless even though the act that causes it can be painful

sailormoon
I believe in going to Heaven or Hell. Take a look at my sig for my opinion. It's from Cowboy Bebop Session 26, my fave quote. Death is like finally waking from a neverending dream.

peterKSL
hmm... that is interesting...

but to think of the philosophy of it... where would you wake up if death came to your existence? If that was right.. then Life has no pUrpOsE other than to dream, as your life experience??? And all this while you are nothing, but living in your own dream alone?? And to think of it, as your "own" dream... it sounds quite selfish indeed... As if everything exist because of the importance of yourself...

p.s. Don't get offended or whatever(annoyed)... it is just some brief counter-attack..

This is quite good though..

BackFire
I think Death = The End.

Alpha Centauri
"Death is like finally waking from a neverending dream."

I read a quote like that. Something about how people should stop thinking of death as a final end and look at it more like a final beginning.

-AC

deweyburke
I think something definitely happens after death, of the physical body. I believe I know what happens immidiately after the body dies but after that I'm clueless. And no this isn't one of those white light stories, exactly. But here goes.

I was in an accident years back and really hurt badly. I believe I was very close to death at the time. I remember very vividly my muscles tightening up, almost like a paralysis and when they couldn't tighten any further I felt a ''release'' but all the while I had perfect awareness in my mind. The release led to a feeling of vibration throughout my body and 'I", "me", began to come out or raise up out of my physical body. That's the best way I know how to describe it when I say "I" and "me", it felt like there was something inside my physical being devoid of muscle, bone, blood etc that was the core of who I was. I had a shape but more of a silouhette or just a outline of my body I guess. Call it a soul or a spirit I don't know but i definitely rose out of my body for a few moments and looked back down at myself. I felt scared, overjoyed, and the most peaceful I've ever been all at the same time. I did freak out a bit and immidiately thought about getting back into my body where I found myself not seconds later. I didn't look around enough to see if there was a white light or a black light for that matter heh. All I know is, for me I know I was dying and something definitely happened at that point. Maybe I would of just stayed in this world in that form or fizzled out once I realized I was dead but I'm confident in the fact SOMETHING happens.

Filth
Death is the end of life, our final damnation

peterKSL
Seek a therapist, psychologist, or me, we'll say that you are definately dreaming.. laughing

carnival_junkie
Hrm.
Death.

Death is a little amish man on a gameboy screen.

...No wait... That's God...
sorry.

debbiejo
Death is saying good bye forever. Not burning in hell forever, but I believe death could be living in perfection forever if you chose that route.

Aku
A steaming pile of crap

debbiejo
I guess you've been there and know for sure???

Aku
Yeh well, death is nothing, once your dead your dead, no heaven besides who cares, the earth is doomed.

debbiejo
In your mind!!!!

Philosophicus
When the body goes into a state of shock, the mind can't handle it - it wants to cut itself off from what is happening - a very instinctive reaction - so then it experiences a kind of unreal feeling of disconnectedness. It's merely a state of shock for the body and the brain which produces an unreal sensation of 'floating outside or above your body' - it's definately not some soul or spirit.

Fire
Death is the return of our life energy to the big pool of it in some forgotten corner in the universe

Philosophicus
Fire, long time no see - you're right about death and the return of energy - it's all about recycling life - the dead is food for the living and for those who are yet to live.

Fire
lol my belief is a bit different from that but ok

Philosophicus
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your post. So what do you mean exactly by "Death is the return of our life energy to the big pool of it in some forgotten corner in the universe"? I meant that those who die basically make place for future generations and that the dead actually fertilize the soil - like plants dying an rotting into the ground in order to fertilize the soil.

Fire
No I believe, (saying believe cause I can't proof this) that somewhere in the universe (maybe even outside the universe) their is a big pool of bright blue light, that's how I feel it to be. Which consists out of all life energy for every living thing in the universe. When someone dies their life energy travels back to the pool. When someone is born the energy to give them life travels from the pool to the persons body.

Philosophicus
Sounds a bit weird, but OK. What do you mean by 'outside the universe'? The universe encompasses all being - everything - it's infinite - there's no outside, that would be a contradiction.

Fire
well maybe if you die you'll see what I mean stick out tongue

Philosophicus
I hope not stick out tongue

peterKSL
hmm... maybe a pure thinker would figure out what lies beyond death... they just needs to list all possibilities right?

"No I believe, (saying believe cause I can't proof this) that somewhere in the universe (maybe even outside the universe) their is a big pool of bright blue light, that's how I feel it to be. Which consists out of all life energy for every living thing in the universe. When someone dies their life energy travels back to the pool. When someone is born the energy to give them life travels from the pool to the persons body."

according to what you said, living things need that energy to be born right? How come?? I thought biologist explained how a birth can take place (in details), without your theory of that energy??

Fire
I don't give a damn what biologists say peter, I still believe that without that energy there is, will not be, and never was any life.

It ain't cause I believe in this that it is true

Philosophicus
Bioligists already proved their facts, how will you prove yours, Fire? If you can't proove it, what reason other than gut feel or faith do you have in believing yours?

Fire
I don't have any other reasons, than gut feel or faith, I never said I had I said it is what I believe and noone and nothing can change that idea. It's faith I don't have to proof it.

Maybe I should define it a bit better cause born isn't really the right word it is more at the time of conception.

also have an scientists ever fully proven how life came to be? cause the very first living organism from earth must have come from somewhere stick out tongue

slow
Death is a transition from one form of existence ,the physical, to another to continue the existence of soul (which we all are essetially) in a different realm (Or plane if you prefer that term). Or a transition to return to this physical plane and complete your cycle of existence if you don't earn to leave.

Philosophicus
At conception...mmm...sounds kinky!

The first living organism manifested from a-biotic matter of which the atoms aranged into what we call bio-matter. The only difference between living matter and non-living matter is the arrangement of the atoms in each. smile

slow
it seems to me like some people are still entagled in the 'hell' phenomenom. Can we please get over that. Hell was a fascade created simply to keep the people of way way WAY long ago (the Christ era and the evolution of the christian religion era) in a perpetual state of fear and prevent them from sin, considering they we're real low in consciousness (awareness) then. Hmm.....seems it's still working today. I mean a place that burns for eternity and we suffer, come on.Sure there are 'evil' forces and bad psychic realms yadda yadda yadda, but a place full of toiling and fire sheeesh! Anyone who really understands reincarnation will see the futility in the idea of hell. angel

Fire
Ok then what made the attams arrange into bio-matter?

Philosophicus
reincarnation is just as futile - it means you live life over and over and over - that must be hell and hell boring! I don't believe in a god, hell, heaven, satan, soul, spirit or any other of that spiritual crap. I'm the only GOD and I know after all what I've created.

Philosophicus
Atoms arange and rearange constantly - they are in perpetual motion - atomic and subatomic particles have a constant spin. The arrangement from abiotic matter into biotic matter happened by chance - if it's always in motion then arrangements form all the time - one of these arrangements formed bio matter. Remember, movement is always present, nothing stands still, so there's potential for anything to happen in a natural way.

debbiejo
Death is from this life to another quantum reality for some. Death for eternity for others.

ragesRemorse
i died yesterday, so let me put all the speculation to rest. Death is just going to a large room with a bunch of other dead people getting educated by a professor on the do's and donts of your afterlife.

brandino
death is the absence of life clear & simple

Draco69
How the f*ck should I know? We'll all get there eventually. I'm not that eager to see it.

Jackie Malfoy
Death to me is when you stop breathing and go into a deep sleep.However I believe that your soul leaves your body and goes to heaven or hell or in between.
And your soul stays there forever.JM

Dazzler619
Death is like when you go to sleep but never wake up

finti
death

Philosophicus
Life - death is life, as it creates space for more life.

debbiejo
Death is feeding the worms or should I say parasites that we all have.
Eternal death is as you have never ever existed-ever!

NicktheBassist
ok, me being a scieney kinda guy, i don't think anyone ever really dies. now this may sound strange but i do have evidence to back it up. there is this theory called the many worlds theory and it states that whenever an atom reaches a "crossroads" the universe splits and in one universe, the atom took one path and in the other, the atom took the other path. So there is a universe that has every possibility, no matter how unlikely. So, when you "die" in one universe, your conciseness "switches" to another universe. because you can't be conscious of a universe that you are not in. So when you "die" in one universe, you are dead to all its residence but you are merely concious of another universe and you are none the wiser. so like when you have a near death expecience, you actually die in one universe but you are alive because you can't be concious of a universe in which you are not in. so you actually never die because there will always be at least one universe in which you are alive, somehow or another. And thats what i think about death.

TX!
i think death is the rebirth of a new life

debbiejo
I'm not sure I agree, but I like that!

But..What if the energy that makes up (you) that will be in one universe or another is energy lost?? Like dissipating, not intact?? Or returning to the original source of that energy that makes up you??

NicktheBassist
well, energy cannot be destroyed; it can't just disappear, it is the law of conservation of energy. But that is a good question, it would be interesting to know what the answer is because i don't know it.

jaden101
Originally posted by NicktheBassist
well, energy cannot be destroyed; it can't just disappear, it is the law of conservation of energy. But that is a good question, it would be interesting to know what the answer is because i don't know it.

oh man...please dont remind me of enthalpy and entropy...ive got an exam on that shit at that end of the month...henderson hasslebach equations and whatever other guff its about...

i hate energetics/thermodynamics

MetallicaT

debbiejo
^ You first...then report back to us in 1400 hours.

Ketchuptome
Death is a guy in a cloak and has a syche

Filth
Death is where the physical body deteriorates, mealy the end of life.

SlipknoT
yes

leonheartmm
Y R WE ALL SO SURE THAT WE ARE ALIVE IN THE FIRST PLACE? WAT IF ALL THAT WE THINK, SEE, FEAL AND BELIEVE IN IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN ILLUSION?

debbiejo
Good!!!! I like that. But I think everything is alive..even inanimate objects to a point, because they are made of living protons..I have read that what we think we see and what is really there is an illusion. We are all illusions along with everything around us and on a subconscious level we know this.

MetallicaT
i dont know because I havent died yet, and in my opinion, anyone who thinks they KNOW is naive.

hotsauce6548
I do not believe death is the 'end.' I also do not believe you are sent to a Heaven or a Hell.

Reincarnation is interesting to me, because say I lived hundreds of years ago, but have no memories of it. To this body, I didn't really live then, right?

Well, if we are all just reincarnates, then where do 'I' end and 'You' begin, you know what I'm saying. That would make us all sort of connected...

I also think Death may be simply a mental state, sort of like dreaming.

But if that is true, than this 'Life,' may very well be a mental state as well...

Ah, life's mysteries...

Filth
Death is the destroyer of life, the time where the physical body breaks down leaving only the astral body and the soul.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Filth
Death is the destroyer of life, the time where the physical body breaks down leaving only the astral body and the soul.

Yep yep yep...something like that...

Death is walking out one door and into another without your clothes.

lil bitchiness
Death is the end of physical existance. Then our soul goes on and is reborn again.

Our soul is like energy, it cannot be destroid, just like out bodies cannot be destroyed - they only pass from one state to the other.

dark1365
When your soul leaves your physical form permanently.

peterKSL
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Death is the end of physical existance. Then our soul goes on and is reborn again.

Our soul is like energy, it cannot be destroid, just like out bodies cannot be destroyed - they only pass from one state to the other.

If that was the theory of yours, you should say it... you made it sounded like a fact or so... roll eyes (sarcastic)

MetallicaT
one thing that really gets to me is when ppl claim they know shit...when really, they have no ****ing clue...i don't understand how anyone can blindly believe anything

dark1365
Yeah...it's called Philosophy, moron.

Freddy Lover
I think Death is cool.

debbiejo
Death is leaving one dimension and entering another.

Fishy
If death is anything more then just an end of all things, then it is probably going to heaven.. No not because the bible says it, but because its the oldest believe in the world unlike reincarnation which is old i will grant that, but not as old....

Personally i have no idea though, i'll find out when i'm dead or not...

Btw: there apparantly has been a research on dead once, which for some stupid reason i did not save the link for... sad

Anyways a Dutch university interviewed people all over the world for more hten 20 years who had near dead experiences (died and then got back to live)

They all had minor burns on their body, all claimed to have seen the same thing. All started helping other people more and caring less about themselves. Interesting thing is though that they all manage to tell the same story many years later in the same level of detail. And now i personally thought that it coudl all have been one big conspiracy, but i higly doubt that seeing as the people were from a lot of different country's from all over the world and all levels of society, some didn't even have a phone let alone stand something like internet.

I'll go see if i can find that article after i had dinner, but i doubt it... Anybody ever read that and have a link? I would like to have that article again

debbiejo
I hope you find the link...

I've also read that...It didn't matter what their belief was...they all went to the same place....So..I figure it doesn't matter what religion you are or even believe like finti.....it just doesn't matter...we're all going to the same place....WHAT A RELIEF. Now that we all know that...lets get on with our lives and stop trying to convert other people!!

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
I hope you find the link...

I've also read that...It didn't matter what their belief was...they all went to the same place....So..I figure it doesn't matter what religion you are or even believe like finti.....it just doesn't matter...we're all going to the same place....WHAT A RELIEF. Now that we all know that...lets get on with our lives and stop trying to convert other people!!

If everything the article implies is true and that is indeed what we get after dead then it really doesn't matter at all. Lets hope its true and forget all about those stupid religions trying to get more followers all the time.

debbiejo
yes

And there is much written on it..

Loving_Daniel11
To me death is just another part of life. A path to a NEW life.

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by Ness
You know when you are sleeping and you are not deraming you are basicly just there, your just not thinking or nothing.. Thats how i think death is. I dont think death is when you go to heven or hell.

I think death is like that but your in heaven. Like your soul is there but your dead and unconscious so your like when your asleep not dreaming and just not knowing life or anything.

travesty87
I agree that it's a mental state. like endless sleep, only you're not aware of anything.

BullitNutz
Death is something that everyone will have to experience for themselves. Nobody's dropped on by and said "oh, I died the other day, this is how it's like, let me tell you..." so nobody knows death but the dead, and they aren't talking anytime soon.

sailormoon
I think death is a stage you have to go through in order to reach the next inevitable plain.

Morbid4Daniel
Its like Gandalf and Pippin said.....
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

TheAnimal
i was actually dead for 3 minutes. when i was 15 i was shot 5 times. according to the dr and my older brother i was dead for 3 minutes. from my experiance it felt like i was looking at a light in a black area. after that experiance i realised thats what death is.

theReject
Death is the beginning. (Or for me it is.)

TheAnimal
sorry i forgot to ad this with my last post but the only true way when your dead is that you will here silence. i was dead for 3 mins by taking 5 rounds. i knew i wast dead because after i was shot i heard panic screaming. if i was to die that night i wouldnt of heard anything.

peterKSL
I think you died, and became an animal.. big grin

TheAnimal
i was always an animal. but now im more deadly.

SarKastic_OJ
Well, I use to think(rather immaturely) that once we die, our souls float straight up to heaven and we're greeted by angels and wer'e walking on clouds etc...buuuut as time passed I began to think more scientifically upon the subject...

According to Darwin's theory, he stated that matter or energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but can go through a stage of transition, I feel since we are pure matter and energy that "death" is just a mere transition from one form of matter to another...

Morbid4Daniel
Could be!....We just cant tell.

Alpha Centauri
I don't necessarily believe in a Heaven and Hell.

I believe in reincarnation to SOME extent. Though my theory is slightly more complicated.

-AC

debbiejo
I don't think we really die, just move on to a different dimension and then maybe another and maybe.....well, who knows...As long as it's a happy place...with flowers and trees and chirping birds and basket weavers that sit and twiddle their thumbs and toes.... blink

Alpha Centauri
Think of all the babies in the world that are born with some impossible talent at very early single digit ages, is it too far fetched to assume that someone has passed over?

One singular consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, is all I'm saying.

The thing is, people talk about reincarnation but when someone comes out and says "I was someone else in a past life." they get sent to the loony bin. Try LISTENING to em.

-AC

DarkCrawler
Being a ghost would be nice. I could travel around in the universe and see it's miracles.

Hey, if I die before any of you and I turn into ghost, I will come and visit you.

debbiejo
Reincarnation would be cool if you could remember everyone you've been. eek!

SarKastic_OJ
"remember everyone you've been"...that statement threw me off at first but I smell what you're cooking and yes it would be kind of cool..

But, like someone already stated, when we die we lose all ties and connections to our physical organs and the functions in which they carry out..i.e. we disconnect from our brain and with it our emotions, memories, consciousness , and thoughts...

We become in a sense, either nothingness or drifting spirits in which carries no sin because we lack the organs to do so(brain, heart), maybe we become part of a universal whole, maybe everyone whom ever came into creation make up one "perfect" being...blah, getting alittle too socratic over here...

The entire universe is set upon two basic principles being the arts and the sciences...The scientific part of my brain believes in Darwin's theory in which matter cannot be neither created nor destroyed and thus death doesn't destroy us but is just a mere transition from one form of matter to another..The artistic part of my brain in which drifts and utilizes imagination believes that our souls await judgement and we become angels etc....

FistOfThe North
Death is nothingness.

Alpha Centauri
How do you know that?

-AC

FistOfThe North
How are you by the way A. Centauri. Long time no speak..

How do I know that? I don't. I'm assuming it is. We never hear of death or ever figured it out or what its all about. It looks as if its a long sleep but without life. How do you feel when you are in a non-dreamlike sleep. Nothing. an unconscious nothingness that can't be felt or known or explained. And I'm assuming Death is similar in some ways to what sleeping is...

Alpha Centauri
Exactly, we never figure out what it is or what it's all about.

So why assume that there's nothing?

Not saying your theory is lame or anything, it's a common theory that is perfectly fine.

Just saying I don't think I could pin one definition on death purely because nobody ever knows. I have my theories, explained throughout these pages and forums, but I don't think it's just nothing. It might be, but I don't think it is.

I don't say that to some how protect myself, It's what I believe.

-AC

starmovie-jaina
Death is none existant but it is a state of existance

One cannot die as one changes and is a new being with each moment that passes so one cannot die, one either is in the state of life or that of the dead.

no Thats not actually answering the question so.......................

... to be dead is to allow one's spirt to be at one with the force? Something like that spirt leaves the body and lives eternally in bliss

debbiejo
Death of the body is what fools us...We are not the body, we are the essence of the invisible, the spirit. The spirit lives for eternity..Always existed. The body would be like clothes that one wears and discards.
Some have suggested that what people call auras are really the spirit, and since it is larger then the body and doesn't conform it can be seen. The aura or spirit then is free when the body dies.

Filth
Death of the body is what fools us...We are not the body, we are the essence of the invisible, the spirit. The spirit lives for eternity..Always existed. The body would be like clothes that one wears and discards.
Some have suggested that what people call auras are really the spirit, and since it is larger then the body and doesn't conform it can be seen. The aura or spirit then is free when the body dies.

There aura you speak of is called the astral body, the soul or spirit is encsed inside it big grin

Ness
Originally posted by TX!
i think death is the rebirth of a new life what are you jewish

travesty87
what if when we die, we leave this plane of existance and move on to another plane?
Like our soul leaves this dimension so it can exist in another dimension.
So, in theory we'd still be alive, just not in the same place.

snehin
my answer is simple death is the beginin of life not supernaturally i mean to say if u've lived life bravely and nicely u never die!!!

RavenSDL
an end of life altogether

debbiejo
Originally posted by travesty87
what if when we die, we leave this plane of existance and move on to another plane?
Like our soul leaves this dimension so it can exist in another dimension.
So, in theory we'd still be alive, just not in the same place.

yes

Zilem
Ha! Death, why do people try to be so noisy in gods work? And about following blind faith, did you follow your teachers orders? or mabe follow some sort of intructions, that is blind faith my friend, following god isnt....And death, you will know when it happens there is no need to worry about it at your age, although it can happen at any time, it dosnt mater

kmcdude
DEATH=NOTHING

Shakyamunison

spidergrl
Originally posted by Ness
same here i'll worry about it when its time.

you won't have to ..... because you'll be dead obviously stick out tongue

Atlantis001
I think we can only be certain that right now we are alive, and there is no reason to not consider the hyphotesis of we having some degree of consciousness after our death like many phylosophies believe, but course its only a posssibility.
Another thing is that even in science we cannot eliminate the possility of life after death. After all medicine does not know if our brain "creates" our conciousness, the brain could simply have the function of some kind of receptor for our conciousness that lies outside the body that is our spirit.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001

Another thing is that even in science we cannot eliminate the possility of life after death. After all medicine does not know if our brain "creates" our conciousness, the brain could simply have the function of some kind of receptor for our conciousness that lies outside the body that is our spirit.

I've also read this and agree...This is my belief.

RonPrice

Spelljammer
What can I think death is without thinking what happens when one dies? I've answerd this question before and gave a worse case scenario of each which wasn't all that bad, hell, they all sound alot better then life that's for damn sure..

So to me, death's the only good thing out of life. Enjoy the frill of a soul orgasm..

debbiejo
I only hope it won't hurt when passing through the door....Actually if you think of us all as never ending flowing energy...then this life is just the dream and we wake up to our reality of eternity and death, which is the real life...

Spelljammer
I only hope it won't hurt when passing through the door....
I do, some people deserve the pain.. But that's another thread..

debbiejo
Why?....and if I did even believe in a "hell" I wouldn't even imagine sending anyone there for eternity..not even my worst enemy......Why would you want someone to suffer any pain?

Shakyamunison
Why?....and if I did even believe in a "hell" I wouldn't even imagine sending anyone there for eternity..not even my worst enemy......Why would you want someone to suffer any pain?

I understand that in the Gnosis text, it tells a story about the time after god returns and is living in the kingdom of god. The saints look down into hell and say the same thing you just said. They then go to god and ask god why do we let them suffer, we can forgive them. God agrees and then lets everyone out of hell, but tells everyone not to tell anyone about it, if we knew, we wouldn't try. big grin

debbiejo
Really....where is that?...sounds like the Catholics stole that from somewhere....

Shakyamunison
Really....where is that?...sounds like the Catholics stole that from somewhere....

I heard it on the history channel.

Spelljammer
Who said anything about eternity? I believe justice should fit the crime.

For instance, EVERYONE in this forum should be beaten with a stick. Not to the point where they're a lifeless vegetable, but beaten so they have a few lumps and bruises to remember..

Hell should be like lumps and bruises for the soul. Not forever, but something to grow on. And teach you God doesn't **** around..

debbiejo
So who would be judge to inflict a punishment?...What standards would you use...?...What premise would you get that from?

Morgoths_Wrath

Shakyamunison

Great Vengeance
Going by logic, this question is an easy one...death is the end...you cease to exist, all things have a beggining and an end. However I have an odd feeling about this subject, to live an insignificant amount of time doing insignificant tasks then once your pointless life is over your dead for good...it just seems so...stupid...I think there are many higher beings than us, not like the christian god, the nature of a higher being is beyond our understanding as a human is to an ant, to try to rationalize the nature of a higher being with our limited minds is ignorant...I also think there is more to life than we can understand and the question what is life and what is death is best left unanswerable.

debbiejo
Death is when time has done it's job of pushing all living matter to its final conclusion...but not the inner living essence of energy of what we are.....That's eternal...

DanieLs_4_Ever
Gandalf explains it all......
"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it."

Mythical Character in a movie or not...this quote is right in every way to me.

Ness
HAHAHAHA DAMN HIPPI... J/K

jOHN_Anderton

Whurlysplat

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>