I Just Heard On TV That Abraham Lincoln Was Gay!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dazzler619
Last night while I was surfing the net, I heard on Fox News Channel that he was a homosexual.C'mon! The guy was married and had 4 kids! Total bull****! mad

lil bitchiness
Just because he had a wife and children doesnt mean he wasn't gay.

And even if he was a homosexual, what difference does that make? Didnt make any difference when he did all he did for slavery in America, and should make zero difference now - in fact, its absolutely irrelevant.

§pearhead
Oh yea...the TV also tells you that crap like American Idol is a good show.

Just because the tv says it doesn't mean it's true...and why's it matter to begin with?

edit: ah yes. It was Fox News. Do you believe what Fox says...? At all?

PVS
what the hell is fox trying to prove?
lincoln was gay? who gives a shit?

man those ultra right wingers just cant get over that
emancipation proclamation can they?

KharmaDog
And what proof did they offer? Nothing like outing a guy that's been dead for over one hundred years and help to put an end to slavery. If he was gay, who cares. If he wasn't gay, that's in incredibly bad taste, but hey, we're talkin' about FOX here.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69
Actually its book. Not TV. It was written by several accredited historians. From what I've read about it in the paper, the evidence is credible. But we really have no way of knowing for sure. Everyone who was gay back then was very much in the closet. African-Americans were still slaves at that time, homosexuality was out of the question. If Lincoln was gay, I really don't care. What matters is his actions. But it does show what a gay person is capable of in society. If he wasn't he wasn't, if he was he was. History remains the same

Adam_PoE
The Intimate World of Abraham by C. A. Tripp is the result of more than 20 years of studying Lincoln's private life.

Evidence indicates that Lincoln was unnaturally uncomfortable around women, never had a love match with Ann Rutledge, suffered through a strained marriage with Mary Todd Lincoln, and had a gay sexual relationship with his longtime friend Joshua Speed.

He also details the relationship Lincoln had with another man with whom he shared his bed, David Derickson, captain of his bodyguards. As well, Tripp describes another lover who said Lincoln's thighs 'were as perfect as a human being could be'.

The book also contains poems discovered by Tripp written by the young Lincoln including:

Billy has married a boy

The girlies he tried on every side
But none could he get to agree

All was in vain he went home again
And since that is married to Natty

KharmaDog
Isn't that a bit of a conflicting statement?

eggmayo
Lincoln was a stoner too...

Draco69
By credible evidence, I meant that the is enough evidence to support the theory. However the resources for which the evidence derives itself from are slim and limited. That's why we'll never positively know if he was gay or not. He's as a dead as doornail. Unless we have a picture of him snogging with another guy, the theory is just a theory.

Mr Parker
Yeah right,the guy was married and had four kids and he is gay? yeah whatever. give me a break.

Draco69
ALL homosexual men were married and had kids in the 1800's. Nobody's gonna come out of the closet at the time when blacks are still wearing shackles. Homosexuals began coming out of the closet around the 1920's. The 60's were definitive years.

WindDancer
laughing So true!

BackFire
He's dead, who gives a shit?

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud well that made this convo pointless with one sentance!!

thumbsup

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Draco69
ALL homosexual men were married and had kids in the 1800's.

Well that would make them BI sexual not homosexual.there is a difference you know. big grin

Draco69
It didn't matter if you were bisexual or homosexual. You got married and had kids regardless of your sexual orientation. Homosexuality was punishable by casturation. It wouldn't be in your best interest, if you were homosexual, to have a partner of your own gender. You'd be ostracized, casturated and thrown out of town. Some people didn't even know that what homosexuality was or even if it even existed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Napalm
Somehow I doubt it he was a christian you know

Draco69
EVERYONE was a Christian back then. Like having a christian faith has anything to do with homosexuality. There's gay Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Baptists, etc.

Napalm
Gay muslims right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69
Yes, Gay muslims exist. Go to college, there's alot of them. Religion has nothing to do with homosexuality. You choose which faith to practice. Homosexuality is instilled before birth.

Napalm
Im sure after stoning them thell come out of the closet

Draco69
I said there are gay muslims. I didn't say anything about them coming out of the closet. Yes, they would be stoned, casturated and put to death if they were ever found out.

Napalm
people become gay becuase they see this
http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/funny2.jpg http://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/funny2.jpg

Draco69
Funny. But no.

Napalm
Dude lighten up

SlipknoT
Wait, throwing rocks at them, or making them smoke alot of weed?

Napalm
Throw rocks at um

SlipknoT
oh embarrasment

Draco69
No offense to anyone, but the renegade Muslim sector in the Middle East is quite despicable.

Adam_PoE
Abraham Lincoln is the founder of the GOP, a political party that today, actively discrimminates against gay people. I think it is very relevant.

Liquidice
yes your right so relevant as hes bin dead for years and years

42Bardock
Wait folks you didn't know that alrready?
C'momn just look at the hat, it has written gay all over it.
He probably was black too, I tell ya.

Liquidice
hahahah so true

Ronny
oscar wilde had kids and was married and he was strait as a ball roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
Everybody always turns out to be gay, a drug addict, a spy, an adulterer , a child molester, or just a flat out bad guy after they are dead and are not around to defend themselves. I mean shit, every other week the tabloids find something else on JFK.

BackFire
I heard this week that JFK was an alien hell bent on taking over the world.

Ronny
i heard today that madonna shot john lennon yes

BackFire
I don't.

The people in the group will just deny his sexuality, even if it is somehow proven that he was gay. Moreso, seeing as it's impossible to prove the sexuality of someone who's been dead for 200 some odd years - all people will have is theories on his sexuality, and this will make it even easier for the people in GOP to deny that he was gay.

It won't change a thing.

ragesRemorse
Abraham smokin ham...who comes up with this shit. I mean really, and why, dont people have better things to do with their time rather than trying to convince themselves that some dude that died hundreds of years ago was gay?

Morning_Glory
who cares if Lincoln was gay.. he was one of the better Presidents this nation has had... we could use him now

ragesRemorse
lincoln is overated. GEORGE CARLIN for president

SlipknoT
Amen to that!

Imperial_Samura
Can't really see what the problem would be if he was gay, but then, I have heard this theory before, and I have my doubts. But then, in history, some of the greatest leaders and thinkers have been homosexual or bisexual, and it didn't impair there abilities to be great, and do good things.

Morning_Glory
George Carlin?!

he was in Jersey Girl ... that wasnt a bright decision

ragesRemorse
Yeah, you have got a point there. Jersey girl wasnt that bad though.

Ou Be Low hoo
And now, ladies and gentlemen...a word from our sponsor, Mr Plato:

"Ignorance, the root and stem of every evil."

Thank you, Plato!

"You're welcome! Good night!".

Fin.

Adam_PoE
This is why:

Jackie Malfoy
I doubt it very much if he was.But you never know.It is not a fact because no one knows.So I will leave it a secret for now.Frankly I reather not know.JM

ash007
why are you scared to face the truth.

Capt_Fantastic
Look, I am gay. I think there should be more openly gay role models in the world. But, I don't think being gay makes him any more respectable than he was before the evidence came to light. I heard about this on the daily show, and it saddens me to think that it matters to people. Let's not distract people from the great things this man achieved in his life by outing him to the world. Sure, it helps to let bigots know that he was gay and accomplished so many great things despite that fact. However, if you tell the world there's evidence that he was gay, then you have to wonder what kind of a difference it's going to make in the minds of slack jawed biggots who don't think that black people should have rights in the first place. In a way, it will do more to tarnish his reputation and the things he accomplished, than change the minds of those who hate gay people.

Don't distract greatness with the simple facts of life. So the man was gay. Who gives a shit? While I will stand up and defend my right to live as a normal human being any day of the week, and in the face of overwhelming opposition, the simple fact remains that I am a human like the next man. Outing a man that has been dead for over a hundred years only serves to further the agenda of the one who outs him...not the man himself.

God forbid there be a gay mans face on the penny...or the five dollar bill? I'm sure if the Macedonians knew Alexander the Great was gay, they would have stopped telling stories of his greatness.

What bullshit...fact or not.

A4E
how lol?? to have kids u need sperm... and well if he was gay how did he had sex with his wife?? sorry Im sorta new in the subject... though it would be good if the world thinks he was gay.. maybe conservatives will learn that gay peope are normal and the do good things too

Draco69
A gay man can have sex with with a woman. It's not a completely impossible process. It just requires some mindless thrusting, a little fantasizing, and the body will take over from there.

Capt_Fantastic
I have had sex with several women.

Draco69
See. It's not impossible.

eleveninches
Since when do you believe anything that Fox News says?

Napalm
And now some words from charles manson

"Look down on me, You will see a Fool. Look up at me and you will see you lord. Look straight up at me and you will see yourself

Charles Manson

botankus
Oh, shit! Jackie knows! When are you gonna reveal it???? Huh, huh?

And the award for obvious statement of the year goes to...

Tex
I would've like totally banged Lincoln! smokin'

You know what they say about tall men!?! drool

yerssot
they need bigger clothes?

Tex
yes
Larger pants, mainly in the crotch area! droolio

s|m
Tex, are u a guy or girl What the f**k??

Anyway, the ppl these days try to make EVERYTHING gay mad!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.