What is to be seen as right or wrong you decide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking

KharmaDog
One of the biggest differences is that terrorists are working without government support, and generally do not represent the best interests of their people.

Military personnel work directly under the instruction of the government and not only represent the best interests of their people, but also the should conduct themselves by the code of behaviour generally accepted as acceptable by their fellow countrymen.

That being said, war brings out the worst in the weak and small minded, and every side has a surplus of those people.

Aku
Whats all the fuss about this anyway? They are soldiers, they are required to kill, to hurt, what do you think they are gunna do to a person whos trying to kill them? Give them a birthday cake, clock radio and play musical chairs with them? I agree that they shouldnt take it to humiliation but unfortunatley war is brutal, its not gentlemenly even if it used to be. Their doing their job wether it be disrespectful or not its what they are requied to do.

KharmaDog
You do know about the geneva convention right?

GCG
well and properly replied Dog;

those soldiers are in the army and the use of force as well as orders are trancended trough chain of command by officials. they opted to proceed humiliating looters who stole for survival not for malignity.

die-hard extremists act on command as well but are not recognised as being represented by any diplomatic body whatsoever. Fellow muslims have condemmed their acts.
Same way the british government condemned theirs.

War brings a lot of these events apart from hardships as differences clash over ethnicity, religion and customs.

What if YOUR country is invaded and you got foreign soldiers patrolling your streets,
arrest you for nicking a box of rice,
lock you up, bring you out,
douse you in cold water,
strip you naked, tie you in a cargo net,
lift you on a fork lifter,
slam you down
and force you to pretend you are having sex with a complete stranger ?

these events leave emotional scars.............if they dont kill you, perhaps suicide can

Aku
If I was a POW I would commit suicide.

KidRock
the Muslim extremesits behead 20 people a day, innocent people and it gets no publicity really, then a solder does one thing to someone and all of the sudden these muslim groups are all so pissed off.. screw them they can all rot.

42Bardock
THis is a really good point that Kid Rock made. Oh wait, actually it sucks.
What the ****? Those soldiers shouldn'T have ****ing invaded the country in the first place. Now they are there and break even more laws of the United Nations. They are not some radical terrorist group they should stand for the values of their country. And if they do wrong they should be ounished for it. Oh and for the arguement that Muslims now are not allowed to say anything cause some radicals are doing shit, this is probably the most bullshit I have ever heard. What do these people have to do with those that behead civilians.You can't even point out the wrongs in this world anymore without being treated as some terrorist or other criminal.
The Soldiers should be punished for what they have done, and the terrorist should get punished as well, there shouldn'T be any extra treatment just cause you are a soldier or because you are from a western country.

Liquidice
yeah i do agree with the war as i was in the british army but i sont agree with the way they have treated the iraqis, thats bad. but imagine how they treat us when our soldiers get captured, what if it was a member of your family? your telling me youd still trreat them humanely if teyd of beheaded a member of your country or hurt a member of your family?

Liquidice
its the same with prince harry aswel, a big deal has bin made with prince harry, people are lsoing sight of real things here, the jewish community then asked for him to visit aushwitzh to apologize for his behaviour????? come on.

42Bardock
Yeah that was ****ing funny, I laughed my ass of hearing that.

baracustastic
two wrongs do not make a right.

torturing people is wrong, there can be no justification IMO.

As for the wee inbred ginger that is Prince Harry......

Dressing up as a Nazi wasn't really a clever idea, but he isn't clever, so what can you expect?

Liquidice
scottish...... typical just jealous as you have no royal family. prince harry is the best royal as he is pretty much normal. but then you did have the ginger inbred William Wallace. haha

42Bardock
Hahahah if your two nations weren't so shitty this could be interesting.

Anyway Prince Harry dressing up as Nazi wasn'T his brightest move ever I think, but ih well the Jews should stop being all that whiny.
Although most of them are cool. There are just some that use this to get what they want

Liquidice
yeah but its shouldnt of bin hyped up like it was, **** man leave him alone. and if yours wasnt equally as shitty id care more. roll eyes (sarcastic)

42Bardock
HEY!!!!!! My Nation can kick your Nations ass anyday.

But yeah I don't even understand why anything youtr Royal Brady Bunch does is worth to appear in any newspaper anyway.

Liquidice
your nation would stand a chance, because you steal our sun beds, doesnt mean you could beat our country!! but i agrree with you i dont agre with the royal family either except for tourism and money.

42Bardock
Well at least you agree that we can steal your Sun Beds mwuhahahahhahaha

Liquidice
hahahahahahahaha its good to see you have a sense of humour, hard to find nowadays. hahahahaha

42Bardock
Sense of humour? This was my evil german scientist seriousness.

baracustastic
the last time England had a royal family of it's own was 1066, then William the Conquerer (French) ran the show. Since then there's been Dutch, Scottish, Austrian, German and thanks to the politically incorrect Prince Philip there's some Greek added to the list.

Though it has to be said that Scottish reign over the English didn't last too long (sectarian stuff).

Wallace may have been ginger but he wasn't a ginger idiot like Harry.

42Bardock
Oh yeah I forgot, your Royal Family is German, mwuhahahahhahahaha.....PATHETIC.
Wait a minute, I just insulted my own country, D'oh

Liquidice
actually there not german, the queen has a bout 0.5% german in her. scottish ruled what??? hills?? things are re-told and people make themselves look good. like you scottish, you eat haggish and drink irn bru. but the thing with scotland is that they are either really nice or really moody, wunder what you are?

Liquidice
oh yeah and the other thing with scotland. its full of scots

42Bardock
Well there was this one guy a stuart, I don't remember his name he was scotish

And your Royal family should be called Hanover, cause that they are stick out tongue

Liquidice
and the problem with germany is that its full of germans oh yeah and a shiit football team. no more jergen klinsmann now eh???

42Bardock
this is true, but just to refresh our memory when was the last time you won an World Cup? Oh and if the referee wouldN't have been blind you wouldn't even have won that one.

But I agree our league sucks a lot of cock

Liquidice
hahahah it does suck a lot of cock, but who has one of the best defences midfields and attckers in the world??? yes thats right england, oh and to refresh who do scotland have??? they and won a proper team in qute a while. but yes german league does suck alot of cock

baracustastic
see when Elizabeth I died, she had no heir, cos she was ugly, and had wooden teeth, and couldn't get laid.

Anyway she had a cousin, Mary Queen of Scots, that she killed because old Liz was an evil cow. Anyway, before she died Mary had a son who became James VI of Scotland. James was the closest relative to Elizabeth so he got the throne of England.

So James VI of Scotland took over England and became James VI and I of England.

Then his offspring got killed by Cromwell, then more of his offspring got rid of Cromwell, then the last Stewart king was killed for being a bit greedy and a Catholic. Then the Hanovarians took charge. See the Germans saw an empty seat and thought "I vill get up in ze mornink and claim siz throne before anyvun else is avake!"

Liquidice
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha so true. vluk that is a sunbed i vshall steal it.

baracustastic
Scotland have the best manager in the world, a certain Sir Alex Ferguson. Incidently top 4 in the Premiership: 2 scottish managers, a frenchman and a portuguese. Not an Englishman in sight.

It is true our national team is worse than awful at the moment. Last time we played England though.........

42Bardock
Well making fun of our beautiful accent doesn't change the fact that we ****ing own you. hahahhahahahah

Liquidice
last time you plaed us didnt we beat you??? again??? you won us??? youve never owned us we beat you in 2 wars pal

42Bardock
Hey hey hey, you ****ing never beat us on your own.

We ****ing ruuled everyone, France, Russia, Small Britain ****ing whole of Europe and than you had to call your American Friends cause you couldn't handle us alone so we 80000000 people lost agains you billion or ntrillion or even more people. I think we whooped some serious ass. Not to forget that we kicked the shit out of France three times in a row.

baracustastic
England 0-1 Scotland 1999

42Bardock
Oh my god you really won against them once. In can't belive that. Losers

Liquidice
no cos we was whippin your ass up until the last 2 years when america decided to join after pearl harbour even though they wudnt join before when we was in intense combat with germany. so we was destroying you up until america took the limelight. you went through everybody but us brits. why??? because we have the best army in the world... FACT

Liquidice
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1999 . hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. remember gascoignes goal??? amazing and if we played you now well i wudnt want to watch if i was socttish we could play our under 18's and still win

42Bardock
No Because we like you too much and decided to let you klive.

We could have bombed your Navy to pieces.

And you had no ****ing right to fight us in WWI anyway.

Liquidice
we had no right, listen dont blame me cos you had 2 mad leaders who thought they could take over the world. but couldnt.

Liquidice
we have the best army in the world.. FCT, whcih is why we annhilated you.

baracustastic
our record overall is -3 vs England i.e. they've beaten us 3 more times than we've beat them

Our record against all forms of Germany is also -3

Not bad for a nation of 5 million people.

Liquidice
but how many times you played england? 3?

42Bardock
But who the **** cares since your record in world cups is also -3.

And we had only one mad leader.
The othre one wqasn't mad, some stupid austrian just lost his head and then we had to fight the war for these idiots.

baracustastic
Scotland vs England is the most played international in the world it's 48-45 with a shedload of draws too. First ever international match ever was in 1872 Sco vs Eng, 0-0.

Liquidice
hahaha where do you get this crap??? google??? hahahahahahaha what point are you out to prove , or are you just insecure about a less thought of country?

baracustastic
I just know a bit about football, and how my country has done against the auld enemy.

I like knowing stuff about my country because my country is ace.

The world would be rubbish without Scotland. No TV, no penicillin, no bikes, no tyres, no video, no phone, no radar, no anaesthetics, no tarmac, no fridges, no steam engine......... Scotland is ace

42Bardock
Err yes, well I liked Trainspottingbig grin

Liquidice
medicine??? wasnt that the romans?

Liquidice
yeah traindpottings good. pishhhhhhhh

baracustastic
to be fair, the world would be crap without England and Germany.

There'd be no-one for anyone to hate then big grin

42Bardock
Dude you forgot the french

baracustastic
French are fine by me. I know more French people that I like than German and English combined. Good food, good weather, and it's amazing how helpful they become when you mention the word "Ecosse" big grin

42Bardock
Hmm I seriously consider reporting you for being pro-french

sexyking
Its really sad what the world is turning to isnt it.

sexyking
Please do not insult countrys or you might not like replys you get on your countries history 42Bardock .
mad And by the war didnt england rule the world for a while succesfully unlike germany who failed in thier quest.

42Bardock
Weren't we talking aboot my countries history all the time. I thiought we were joking. Oh and no those few colonies you had doesn'T make yoiu the rulers of the world.

Jackie Malfoy
I know two wrongs don't make a right but we did something to them too we abused them making them nude and taking pictures so in a way we are as bad as they were to us.JM confused

42Bardock
Yeah except that they didn't come to youtr countryput you into a jail let you strip make you having sex with some complete stranger (of the same sex) and tookn pictures of that.

Liquidice
no proof just pictures. how do you know that they were made to have sex?? media twists things.

42Bardock
oh my god they were just lying naked dick to ass. Well I was exxagerating, I shall be punished in a fair manner for that offense, as should the Soldiers for theirs.

Liquidice
no because the soldiers have a duty to extract any information needed, and so they use humiliation techniques, starvation, thirst, anything. how can extreme muslim groups be angered by what they see when they will treat our soldiers far far worse

42Bardock
Not the extreme muslim groups are the problem the normal Muslim communities, and still torturing is not acceptabale, we got a little piece of paper called the geneva convention.

Liquidice
a little piece of paper that no-one cares about, we also have a thing called freedom of speech yet we still cant say what we think as some things are deemed unacceptable. ridiculous

42Bardock
Indeed it is.
So you agree nwith me?

Liquidice
in some sense but i dont see the logic in allowing them to terrorize our soldiers yet we cant do it to theres. do you deem this time of interrigation unacceptable?

Imperial_Samura
In this day and age, there are rules that govern conduct, and in the cases mentioned the soldiers broke those rules. Now yes, Muslim extremists do bad things, and no, not all Muslims are bad, how ever, that is not a viable legal excuse for the actions of those soldiers. It is not forgivable. Likewise, it should be noted that significant numbers of those captures have nothing to do with those that would behead a soldier, or anything. As we can see in Guantanamo Bay, large numbers of those that have been held there for years are being released because a. Not enough evidence against them or b. they were INNOCENT to begin with.

Now, if that is the case, then how can you be sure that person you are cruelly torturing and humiliating can tell you anything? What information do they wish to get? But ah, to make an omelet you must break a few eggs eh? Oh and rules?

Aku
Whats with you people? War is war, if war wasnt brutal and skank then we'd be slapping each other with wet fish and rubber gloves. Unfortunatley its brutal and if they do it, its not wrong for us to do it.

2 wrongs DO make a right. Simple mathmatics (odd+odd = even).

Capt_Fantastic
There was an interesting quote in an article I read a few months back that said that not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are muslim. While this is a poigniant statment, it isn't wholly true. But, you are right. How can anyone assume that it one act of savagry is more tollerable or acceptable than another? It matters little what faith you are, anyone is capable of great acts of cruelty. Be they muslim, christian, jewish or otherwise.

sexyking
But christains and jews dont go roung beheading people in the name of thier god do they. Even though the jews did kill jesus christ a few thousand years ago.

Alpha Centauri
"Whats all the fuss about this anyway? They are soldiers, they are required to kill, to hurt, what do you think they are gunna do to a person whos trying to kill them?"

Required to kill, yes. Required to torture? No.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
"Whats all the fuss about this anyway? They are soldiers, they are required to kill, to hurt, what do you think they are gunna do to a person whos trying to kill them?"

Required to kill, yes. Required to torture? No.

-AC

peterKSL
Today I made a new observation..---> The truth can be look at different levels of familiarity...<--- Is it good or what?

peterKSL
religions are made by humans.. the only problem is HUMANS themselves...
things that can affect humans actions-->limited time, the believes(philosophy), and (the environment one is in)--> which could lead back to the philosophy of that person that affects one's action if one is placed in a different environment...

Humans cause trouble.. humans solve problems.. humans will always be an obstacle in life.. the only question I always ask myself, should I help them? The answer always goes back to--> yes.

You have to look at it this way, which is--> people are always learning.. and according to that, you were once their state, and always will be.. as knowledge is described as infinate. To get familiar to knowledge, will remain as one's, or everyone's goal.

KharmaDog
It's funny how people can rationalize the animalistic behaviour of some people and not the same behaviour of other people. By saying that you are saying that you are no better than they are.

No two wrongs don't make a right. For example, what terrorists are doing in Iraq is not justifiable because Bush sent his troops there to fight an illegal war. See, every sword has two edges.

And before everyone starts flaming me, no I don't support terrorists, yes I always support the military (except the deviant freaks who are no better than the deviant freaks they are fighting), and yes I think Bush is a total ass for starting this whole mess to begin with, and I'm not too fond of Blair who decided to jump in there with him.

peterKSL
I'm not accusing any countries wether Iraq or America (George Bush) is wrong, or right...I don't dare...
But I said that both are still in a state where they are still imature(lack of experience/knowldge) to do the right thing...
It is part of nature that war happens.. you know? So how can anyone be wrong? Their instinct made them do it.. and they are born with that instinct...If we are not born with errors, then we certainly can't do the wrong thing can we? But it is part of nature for us to find the truth.. and as Philosophicus said, "Philosophers should rule a country".. I finally agreed with him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.