Your moment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
Everyone has at least "one moment". That moment in time where everything just feels right. That moment that you know you are in the right place, at the right time, and feel that you are greater than the sum of your parts or experiences.

For me it was while I was working in Canada's Northwest Territories. (I was a fishing and photographer's guide up there). I have plenty of great stories from being up there involving bears, wolves and the crazy stuff that people do, but my favourite moment sounds like nothing really special to most.

I was taking some time off from work and doing a little fly fishing. It was 3 am but the sun was still in the sky. For about an hour I was casting and catching grayling. There I was, alone on a river outflow in the subarctic, and that's when I just felt at peace. No stress, no worries. It was a perfect moment of simplicity and solitude.

Has anyone else had "a moment" where things just made sense to them (however brief)? I'd love to hear about it.

peterKSL
My "moment", is sadness, and depression. When I was/is in that state, I learn a lot of things, and reflected on my memories. That is why memories will forever be meaningful to me. I've turn my sadness to be part of my life, in a happy and sad combined way. I will not EVER forget my past...

I, have lots of moments.... smile sad smile sad smile sad smile sad cool

Draconatus Zero
I tend to dread such moments in my life, since any epiphanies that I may have during said moment are usually on the negative side, although I too have had a moment when I looked out over the world and felt out of reach of anything temporeal. It was great.

Alpha Centauri
Mine was when I had been spending time with someone I was very much in love with, still am. As cliched as it seemed, we had overcome immense things to be together, literally. Then right before we fell asleep together I just thought "I have the girl I love. Great family, for what it's worth I have great friends and I'm very very happy."

That was my moment. However it came crashing to an end soon after and I was spiralling back toward Earth at such a rapid rate. So began the downward spiral I am currently on, or was on.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Hahahahaha.

Alpha Centauri
You actually love it don't you?

Hahaha. Looked in the "last post by" column and saw your name and thought "Cuntron."

-AC

BlackC@t
I have never had this moment and probably never will.

I hate my family and I'm always miserable.

pr1983
as sappy as it sounds, my best moment was the morning after the first night i spent with my current gf, we woke up almost at the same time, the first thing i saw when i opened my eyes was her smiling back at me. we had a big thick duvet and lashing rain outside, and absolutely no reason whatsoever to get out of bed...

besides that... very little...

peterKSL
sad Is there anything that I can do for you? I know that that feeling is really bad.. it could be dangerous.. But I have an advice to give to you.. which is to turn your pain to strength... --> music, poems, art, and ect. These few things would change your pain into power.. that's all I can advice.. it's quite a common advice (I guess) and it is powerful.

This world we are living in, we are living to please our emotions(maybe hormones?)..

shaber
Never had a moment like that.

Morning_Glory
I ONLY get ONE moment in life... what a sh*t life shit

Alpha Centauri
"I ONLY get ONE moment in life... what a sh*t life"

Some get none.

-AC

BlackC@t
Thanks Peter. But, no, I'm not suppose to have what I want or be happy sad

It's something I've learnt to accept...

Alpha Centauri
With due respect Cat, you're 16.

You've been a teen for 3 years.

I don't think you should go saying that sort of thing yet. It's quite disrespectful to those who ARE getting older and are in a position where it's obvious they won't get what they want. You aren't.

-AC

naybean
i havent had that moment yet - i guess the closest i came was on holiday with my family when we were kids and playing on the beach, but then i stubbed my toe, ripped the nail off it and puked all over the beach.... But im sure there'll be plenty more moments eventually...

BlackC@t
If you knew about my past and environment you'd understand erm

Seraph_guardian
does anyone know where i can download that ebook?

Alpha Centauri
"If you knew about my past and environment you'd understand"

Past and environment?

Past is past. However impactful that's all it is, you don't have to live by it.

Environment can be changed.

-AC

BlackC@t
My past has scared me for life. Is not something that can be easily forgotten.

But I don't really want to talk about it.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea I did but not anymore.That moment is gone with the wind!JM

Loving_Daniel11
My moment would be....kissing my baby Daniel stick out tongue

deweyburke
I often ponder the injustices in this world. I've been in a place where I've experienced some good moments and then things came to an end. Now, I'm not in a position to enjoy life like I once did but i hold out hope. But I look to people less fortunate than myself who have and are leading lonely lives and wonder which is worse. Never having a moment or having good ones but tormented by the fact you can't get back to that point? Life is so hard at times I swear.

Sticking with the topic I'll share a moment. Years ago, on a Sunday morning, sitting on the couch with my then girlfriend after a nice breakfast. We had no particular place to go that day so we just talked to each other for what seemed like ages. We knew each other fairly well but discovered new little oddities about one another in that time. We smiled and laughed and I believe she at one point said, "this is so nice" and I remember thinking yeah it was. I felt really good about life at that moment. When you think the person staring back at you loves you equally and things will last fovever. I wish I could bottle that feeling. I'd be a millionaire. That was corny but hey I'm a sappy kinda guy.

Philosophicus
The most profoundly emotional moment for me was when I witnessed the birth of my now 2 yr old daughter and held her in my arms for the first time. smile

BlackC@t
Woah! I thought you were like 16 or something, my bad embarrasment

finti
laughing out loud, actually here I have to agree with Philosopichus that is a great moment indeed

Philosophicus
Hey, finti, we have something we agree on. smile

Philosophicus
Another moment which I treasure everyday is to come home from work and being able to give my wife and little daughter each a kiss. Love is the only truly meaningfull thing in the end.

mouth
usually when i'm at some reggae concert.. i'm with 'my kind of people' where there's just love and peace all around, people are there just for the positive vibrations, meaningful music and marijuana..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.