Ninja Gaiden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Okay I can no longer wait for this game! The Hype is getting to me (I'm going insane) so I really want to know if there are any of you out there that are planning to buy it?

I check gamespot, and so far the hands on impression looks very positive.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/ninjagaiden/preview_6089781.html

Is anyone waiting for this title to be realise?

SaTsuJiN
hehe, alot of gamers wanna get thier hands on NG... I just hope it doesnt become DoA with ninjas... messed

WindDancer
I have this game reserve at gamepro since last May. After 3 delays I was so piss!!! But next week is finally released. I really got to play this game the screen shots look so frickin AWESOME!!!!!!!

WindDancer
WOW! I just check the reviews!!!!

Gamepro, IGN, Gamespot, and Gamespy all gave it high scores! They all agree it has a great gameplay! I just got a call to pick up my copy at gamestop tomorrow!!!!

As soon as I get my hands on it I tell ya all! I knew this game look very promising!!!! big grin

batmanbat
One of the best Games ever, click here to express your point of view and ask me any questions that i might answer about the game.

Phoenix Aska
Isn't there already a ninja Gaiden thread?

The game had Ayane from DOA!

This game was pretty kool...one of the xbox's best games..I can't wait for ninja gaiden 2 to come out 2006..

All though I don't know if you can call it 2 since 1-3 were already made for the NES...

batmanbat
Best Game Of the year

SpikeSpiegel

dark1365
This is why I don't like noobs, they post before they search...

batmanbat

WindDancer
Watch your foul language batmanbat! Or you will get a warning!

batmanbat
Just tell wind dancer u are giving me warnings on my thread??

Phoenix Aska
this game is good however like most games...it's short...

Ryu Hayubusa kicks ass!

Why can't he use his sword in DOA?!?

But he can use the devastating izuna drop...

Red Superfly
I sold this game. It wasn't hard, just cheap.

I'd continually die until I figured out a set pattern of a boss. Then it'd become easy. I'd die constantly until I realised where certain Ninjas would spawn along a set path. Then it'd become easy.

The only thing that was "hardcore" about Ninja Gaiden was the fact that it used cheap tactics, masquerading as "difficulty". Reaction played too small a part within the game. I like to think on my feet, I want patterns to adapt and change as I do. With Ninja Gaiden, it felt distinctly old school. Not hardcore old-school, but old school in the fact that the design felt old and tired.

I wouldn't mind if I died at the hands of truly cunning AI, I would feel humbled, and impressed. Sad thing is, it was mainly down to dodgy spawning, cheap trial and error gameplay and a camera that simply refused to cooperate. Moving a camera should not constitute as hardcore gameplay, that's a bad excuse for crap design.

I managed to finish Ninja Gaiden, but man I had about zero percent fun from it. I finished it only because I kept thinking I would somehow find what was so amazing about it, why this game was hyped up. The only thing that impressed me was the graphics and the fluidity of the animation. I also thought the lead character was immensely cool.

However, the gameplay was trial and error CRAP. Wannabe hardcore gamers would revel in it's fake difficulty, whereas anyone with half a brain would realise the game used robotic, cheap tactics, cheap spawning, giving camera control to the player and ambiguous attack patterns to give the illusion of true difficulty.

It's the gaming equivalent of competing in a F1 race, only you have no steering wheel and everybody else gets five laps head start. It's fake difficulty. Badly designed game. Excuse me if my honesty offends.

Arsenal
That Greg Kasavin is a silly goose.

SaTsuJiN
Ninja gaiden is coo'... but you're right about having to cheap the gameplay and supposedly mask it as hardcore.. its one of the better xbox games however

WindDancer
Is been months since I finish the game and I still love it. Man, the hurricane package was super cool. For me it achieve everything I expected it. Great game and one of Xbox best.

dave123
just out of interest, is it Gay-den or Guy-den? confused I'm not too sure embarrasment

WindDancer
I think is Guy-Den....blink

mastergadenGT
It is Gaiden Mr.IhaveNinjaGadien and Mr.Itscool, u know absolutely nothin about the game guys, my friend started this thread (batmanbat) but then winddancer took it, but he doesn't know even how the game is spelled, wow that is very said ( excuse me for any foul or not respectfull language)

WindDancer
Bye bye mastergardenGT!

*waiting for Ninja Gaiden 2* ninja

RUSSIANKID
Bye Bye who?
Who are u talking about? I have a question

ninjababe
I got the game and I love it! The best game I've ever played in my life! (sorry Halo 2 fans but I don't like shoters, I always get killed at the first enemy) but I do love action games about ninjas! I like the fact that you can run on walls or walk on water or use any of the hundreds of Ninjetsu powers at your disposel. Yes, its one of the hardest games I've ever played on Level Hard but hey thats what its there for isn't it. Anyway Ninja Gaiden has the best graphics, game design, and character layouts (exept for Racheal, to me, she needs to get a little more clothes on and a boob reduction, but hey, I'm a girl and staight guy lover, but I'm sure you guys out there would lover her............. I like Ryu Hayabusa.) *drool* I'd give it a ten out of ten, allthough the camera is a bit jumpy a times, everything alts the game afors makes up for that lost cause.
ninja -NinjaBabe-

WindDancer
Did anyone get the Ninja Gaiden Black? I'm getting it today. Anyone else got it?

TwisterGameX
Good game, but i doubt any of you guys beat it.

Edit, i would get Black, but I still didn't beat the first game. i am stuck on this lizard chick.

Delta 62
Ninja Gaiden was the reason I bought an Xbox. It's a totally fantastic game, definitely high up on my Top 10 list. What I get tired of..is people bitching about the camera, or the "difficulty and cheapness". It's not at all cheap, it just requires fast reflexes and skill, and if you don't have these..of course it'll be "hard and cheap." Twister..if you haven't even beaten it yourself, don't make stupid assumptions about others.

I paid off Black a few days ago, and they'll either call me today or tomorrow to come pick it up. I can't wait to fight the new enemies and everything..it's going going to be great.

TwisterGameX
What the hell are you talking. I love Ninja Gaiden, I am just saying I cant pass that part...

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Stick with it Twister, it is well worth it!
I'm really looking forward to Ninja Gaiden Black. I hope they make a true sequel for the Xbox 360 or something.

Delta 62
In an interview, Itagaki mentioned he would begin with a sequel once DOA 4 was released.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Nice!

RoyMC
Originally posted by WindDancer
Did anyone get the Ninja Gaiden Black? I'm getting it today. Anyone else got it?

already got it it said if you have the ninja gaiden hurricane pack u can get evil ryu faster

TwisterGameX
HArdest game I have ever played(and I have Black) DAMN SPIDER NINJAS.

§P0oONY
I'd be lying if I said "Ninja Gaiden is not my favourite game"

Originally posted by TwisterGameX
HArdest game I have ever played(and I have Black) DAMN SPIDER NINJAS.

The L button is your friend.... guard like a *****... they don't have a guard break in the original and in Black they use is infrequently.

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
No they throw explosive shit at you which can not be blocked sad

They bounce of you if you're guarding... and if they land near you... just roll out the way, rely on you're counter attack moves...

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
Happy Dance Thanks. I had to fight like 20 Spider ninjas straight the other day with low life...DAMN then had to fight red lizards and a blob of shit. After that I am up to these bee things that sting you with there butt..it killed me and i put the game down( the next boss is most likely that dinosaur bones since I seen it move in the commercial)

That skeleton dinosaur boss is a lot harder in Black... in the original you could just stay far back at use the Windmill Shuriken and kill it easily... but in Black he's immune...

You'll face Alma soon (couple of levels).... she is seriously difficult (IMO)

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
is that the naked lizard chick ?

anyway games that are TOO hard is crap because it gets annoying even though it is a good ass game.
Yeah, that's Alma

Ninja Gaiden isn't that hard... after you defeat Murai, the learning curve is pretty steady.

Arachnid1
For anyone who cares, Ninja Gaiden Black is BC as of today. I always kept my original xbox disc along with my Silent Hill and Splinter Cell games purely out of nostalgia. I honestly never really expected to be able to play it again period, let alone enhanced to 1080p and 60fps. Dark Souls has been giving me my Ninja Gaiden fix for years but it was never the same or as challenging. Not even Bloodborne was this fast and skill based.

The first console I ever owned was my xbox which my mom got me for my 11th birthday. I got Ninja Gaiden about 2 years later and was absolutely star struck. I remember my countless playthroughs and how good I used to be at the game, taking insane bosses my first try. I loved it so much I got a copy of Black when it came out and replayed the entire thing multiple times eventually making my way through Master Ninja. Now I've started my playthrough on BC Black and I'm getting my butt kicked. I don't know any combos and the first boss rocked the hell out of me (though I won thanks to all my healing elixirs). I am nowhere near as good as I was when I was a kid lol. It feels good to play this game a decade+ later with fresh eyes again.

cdtm
Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Bye bye mastergardenGT!

*waiting for Ninja Gaiden 2* ninja

I predict Ninja Gaiden 2 is gonna be AWESOME.

And then Ninja Gaiden 3 will come out and suuuuck.

We shall see if my prediction is accurate in 12 years from this date in 2005. Becauae 12 is a nice round number.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by cdtm
I predict Ninja Gaiden 2 is gonna be AWESOME.

And then Ninja Gaiden 3 will come out and suuuuck.

We shall see if my prediction is accurate in 12 years from this date in 2005. Becauae 12 is a nice round number. Reporting in 12 years later to let you know that you were spot on. sad How did you know!?

Kazenji
Ninja Gaiden 3 was okay if you got the Razor's Edge version.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.