New ROTS Trailer Description from TFN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BAILY
A reliable source sent in this description of the next Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith trailer:

The trailer begins with the following exchange:

Palpatine: "The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Palpatine: "Not from a Jedi."

We are then introduced to the political maneuvering of Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. All of them actually want to use Anakin as a pawn in their game (Palpatine makes Anakin his "personal representative on the Jedi Council" while Obi-Wan wants him to "report on all the Chancellor's dealings"wink. The first minute or so is surprisingly heavy on dialogue and consists mostly of shots of various characters speaking to each other (intercut with short glimpses of evil droids, space battles etc.). We even see how Mace Windu and three other Jedi attempt to arrest Palpatine (he grabs the lightsaber and confronts them). When Mace Windu tells Anakin "You are on this council but we do not grant you the rank of Master", Anakin loses it and joins the Dark Side (Sidious: "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic"wink. At least that's how the trailer makes it look.

Then the more "visual" half starts with some very neat scenes like a low angle shot of Anakin marching in front of a Clone trooper army. We see Wookiees on some kind of war machine, the duel in the volcano field, gigantic 10-wheel military transports and actual destruction of the Senate chamber. Everything is very dramatic, several deaths are implied, Padme is seen crying loudly and music from the Emperor duel (ROTJ) is heard.

Overall, the first half of the trailer is surprisingly specific, making no sense whatsoever to people who don't know Star Wars well. The second half is very dark and dramatic, but with lots of action. Bad guys (apart from Sidious) only appear for a fraction of a second and have no lines. The final seconds consist of Obi-Wan shouting "You were the chosen one!", fighting Anakin while both dangle from some ropes/wires. After the closing titles, there is a bonus shot of Vader and Sidious standing side by side, accompanied by Vader's breathing.

This is a preliminary version with effects and sound not quite finalized. One part of the trailer is actually without music (either for dramatic effect or John Williams' new score will be inserted here?). The length is little under 2:30.

When further questioned about the "evil droid", our source confirmed that there wasn't a clear shot of General Grievous but there was one of the bodyguards:

There is some evil-looking humanoid droid with a cape around his head and torso, flanked by two classic battledroids (from Episode I). He seems to hold a lance in his hand. Later, Obi-Wan is seen swordfighting with a humanoid droid but he's only seen from back and moving quickly. (I'm 90% certain it IS Grievous, but it's extremely short and quick shot.) Anyway, both of these shots are VERY brief (about half second).

One of the shots depicts Obi-Wan being surrounded by dozens of droids. Some of them look different and wear capes, maybe one of them is Grievous. But it's very wide shot, the characters are small.

UPDATE - The source for this doesn't know the release date of the trailer, but they speculate that it won't be within the next month.

Solar Flare
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!

Snakebyte
sounds nice

thx for the info baily! Happy Dance <- just for you wink

BAILY
Thanks Snakebyte... I do like that banana dancing.... but I dont know why?? stick out tongue

Solar Flare
Why isn't their GG in this trailer? sad

MochaChica
eek! Holy moses!

Now I will take this information and run with it! ninja *does backflip into another message board*

smoker4
Holy s*** thats sounds amazing dankershern baily

jjwil76
wow....getting better and better all the time

Snakebyte
He is in, but only for a second.

our expectations shall RISE! big grin

BAILY
It sounds like GG is in the trailer for a millisecond.... everyone get the pause button ready.....

dickman136
Does any other then me think that the super bowl is going to be the first time they show this one?

Solar Flare
I hope not, I watch hardly any of the super bowl. I watch the lats five minutes of though, they could show it then.

Besides, they wouldn't show it on tv a couple of days before it's on the Internet.

Xam
its gonna roooooooooooooooock!!!when is it coming out??GL we need to know!!!rock

Obi-OneManShow
>> Why isn't their GG in this trailer?

My guess is, since everyone (even more casual viewers) are familiar with Anakin becoming Vader in ROTS, they fully use this classic villain to promote the film. Kinda like the way Maul was overused in TPM promotion. I think they want to keep GG a little bit mysterious.

BTW is there any Dooku in the trailer?

Sith Master X
Awesome! Now if only we could see it. sad

Xam
soon

shockimebones
"The source for this doesn't know the release date of the trailer, but they speculate that it won't be within the next month."

sad

BAILY
The master of Spoiler Imagery, Spoileriffic, has posted on the TFN boards that MF.com will have shots from the trailer posted on the 21st.... tomorrow.... HOLY MOTHER !!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Snakebyte
thats f*ckin great! big grin

Happy Dance thumb up Happy Dance

Snakebyte
its a fake

That is NOT the real Spoileriffic.
See this fake is a Jan O5er and he only has 1 f in his username.

Naredhel
Is it not on any p2p programs? Anyone checked? And how has this reliable source seen it?!

Solar Flare
I hope it's true, are you sure he's a fake snake?

EDIT: Never mind, it's not the real spoileriffic. sad

Matafaka
it was not the REAL Spoileriffic, it was some fake idiot who was called Spoilerific. so no pics sad sad sad

smoker4
*DAMN* mad mad sad

bilbofett
I didnt read the whole thread, but we've been burned buy this guy before.... Someone needs to take him out! Any volunteers?

Sith Master X
I'm in. evil face

Xam
hehe ill join SMX anytime!!!

JKozzy
Are you serious? P2P would never get a trailer before a website... waaaayyy too unreliable.

Mempho76
That guy apparently gets off by acting as if he knows something.

Gangularis
sounds like BS.

obi-wan yelling "you were supposed to be the chosen one"... heh..

the destruction of the senate?? the senate isn't abolished until a New Hope.

Solar Flare
^^^You don't know anything about this. Don't sound so sure.

Jedi-Knight 8k2
I'am dying to see this MANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! eek!

Solar Flare
What a mighty big Man. stick out tongue

JKozzy
It can still be destroyed. Palpatine could easily replace everyone with his supporters. That's not destruction?

I can see Obi-wan saying that line... why wouldn't he? He's trying to persuade Anakin to not join the dark side.

Boris
Me want!!! eek!

lucasfilm
OH EM EF GEE

WHY THE HELL IS IT NOT GONNA COME OUT THIS MONTH???
oh well, cant wait for this.. i think theres no GG in this one because it should still be a bit of a suprise...

for baily: Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Xam
lol check this just for you baily : Happy Dance too bad it aint a special stripper banana sad

Torik_Shai
Yes, yes, oh God yes!!! yes

GCG
confused confused confused1

J-Unit
TFN: We've received word from an anonymous source that the next 'Revenge of the Sith' trailer will debut in theaters on March 11th.

It will be screened in theaters before 'Robots', an animated film in which Ewan McGregor is the voice of a character called Rodney Copperbottom.

You can read a description of the trailer in the link below:

J-Unit
makes sence robots includes ewan mcgregors voice

BAILY
nice..... I thought that was the theatrical trailer not a teaser.... sorry for the bogus Spoilerific report.... I was so tired I didnt notice he was a sock.... sorry guys..... Happy Dance

zavin
March???????????? confused
WHAT?! mad
huh can't wait! laughing

Julie
I'd rather see it...then I'll believe it

XX Emperor XX
-Is it March 11th yet?
-No no
-Is it March 11th yet?
-No no
Is it March 11th yet?
-No no

smoker4
Happy Dance Happy Dance smokin'

BAILY
Yeah, smoker4 you are da man!! Happy Dance Happy Dance My plan is to get a topic and keep it "swinging" with the use of dancing bananas.... I just want to dance with them.....

March 11th for the next trailer eh??? I hope we get some seriously good crap from the OS to keep us happy till then..... bc that is too long a wait for me.....

smoker4
It just seems wrong for the next trailer to be in march? Are they late on the ILM stuff?

Oh and Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance smokin'

Solar Flare
Don't want to be left out so... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Solar Flare
BAILY, you should start a "Dancing Banana" thread in the off topic forum. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

BAILY
LMFAO, I love you guys.... you are so funny...

Oh yeah Happy Dance

smoker4
Lol yeah for thread Happy Dance smokin' Happy Dance smokin'

BAILY
I just made the Dancing Banana thread in the offtopic forums...... so maybe we should not do it too much here... just so they dont close the thread for stupidity.... Happy Dance

I still want a trailer now!!!! Forget March I want one now!!!!

ExecuteR
ok guys i think you can cut the banana chat right now!!

lol

BAILY
We have ExecuteR, no worries....

ExecuteR
so are we gonna have some pics tomorrow from this new trailer??

BAILY
no we arent, the guy who posted this was bogus... a fake... so no pics..

ExecuteR
WTF??!! but this is on theforce.net and comingsoon.net ?? how can it be fake??

vader519
I can't wait to see it in two months.

smoker4
Must be sooner sad

ExecuteR
ok guys off subject ok. but can anyone tell me where i can find that video in epII that was cut from the original movie. you know that one where some jedi go in the trade federation ship to disable the droids in the arena.

thx

BAILY
I can send you a link, check your PM.... just uploading it now for ya...

ExecuteR
thx a lot BAILY!!! sorry everyone about the subject

Ben-Kenobi
Can you send it to me to please id love to see it

Ben-Kenobi
Than you very much

mandalorian_war
hey ben kenobi did u get my message

Ben-Kenobi
Yeah

mandalorian_war
just wonderin

Ben-Kenobi
Ill probly make it later on tonight or tomarrow just so ya know

Altar[1stONE]
if this rumor is true then the trailer will come out the day before my birth day.

Snakebyte
hey ive never seen this scene?!
can someone be so nice and send it to me?

thx in advance...

Torik_Shai
The description has been removed from the TF.N main page. I think this strongly supports its validity.

BAILY
Intrieging Developments... meditate on this, I will..... Strongly believe the Sith are involved in this coverup..... hmmm...

EDIT: You can still get it thru this link
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Revenge_of_the_Sith_Trailer_Description_88965.asp

zavin
Hey! can u send me the link to the deleted scene? plz! huh
Thanx in advance!

Snakebyte
Come on Baily!

give us a link... big grin

Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance

Morridini
Why do u talk about that scene here, and not here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f4/t318439.html?

LandoSpeeder2
Yeah anyway here http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13KE60C4MINCX07Y397E0O0L0D

Xam
thanks dude!

Snakebyte
thx lando. big grin

LandoSpeeder2
No prob, got a link from BAILY last night.

Torik_Shai
Nice. Thanks Lando and BAILY for providing for the rest of us. happy

DarthVader
its not all trhat good
thx n e way though

guiro72
wow, unexpected added coolness.....i've been curious to see the aotc deleted scene for long time.....and, by the way, when they say destruction of the senate they refer to destruction of the senate BUILDING, not destruction of the SENATORS.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.