Emma (in daimond form only) vs Collouss in his steel form

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
who wins?

manjaro
gee i wonder how this one is gonna turn out?-ok lets see, a lady whose diamond form got smashed by a bullet vs a guy who can hit harder than any bullet hhhhhhhmmmmmmm?

Mainstream
dude...you don't think she even has a chance huh..I should have figured.

Napalm
diamonds are almost indestructable only another diamond can hurt them so emma

Mainstream
Peter strenght level is higher than Emma.

Napalm
big deal he can punch and try to hurt her all he wants but nothing will happen

crazyspinz
dude, colossus's skin is as hard as adimantium, and he is class 100+ he could crush emma into a little ball then swallow her whole

Mainstream
we have a debate going.

Napalm
collouss is a big stupid gay guy with metal skin he couldnt beat aunt may

Mainstream
regular Peter isn't gay..ultimate peter seems to be a man's man if you know what I'm saying.

Napalm
All those ultimates like spider-man and hulk version suck

Mainstream
ultimate Gambit and Cap are okay...but so far most people Peter could beat Emma..physically anyway.

manjaro
ssooooooooo i guess you didnt see that issue where one of her psychic proteges turned aganist her and shot her with a GUN(yeah duh right) and she shattered in a million piieces and beast put her back 2gether like a 3d puzzle and jean used her phoenix force to fuse her molecules back together. huh?... i should have figured

FrothByte
does emma use her psychic abilities while in this form? coz if she does, then the upperhand goes to her. if not, colossus wins pretty easily. there's nothing emma can do to hurt peter anyway.

laydiiplayette
The bullet shattered her because it was a large amount of force targeting a small vunerable area. Collossus's first are huge, so the force will be spread out. Also, Adamantium is supposedly the strongest metal on earth, and diamond is the strongest rock on earth. When a boulder hits a car, the car collapses. Get my drift. You know, the whole Rock beats scissors thing.

manjaro
no she doesnt have use of he mind powers while transformed however she has displayed the abitly to become intangible........"Colossus fist are huge" my point exactly. this is a class 100 guy whose blows deliver 10 tens per square inch, and since his huge fists have lots of square inches to spare, i dont see how anyone save the hulk or juggernaut could stand up to a prolonged beating without shattering in a million pieces.

juggy's and hulk's delivers 14tons/sq inch BTW(useless trivia)

Khellendros
How strong is Emma in diamond form? And is she usng telepathy during this fight? I think these are questions the threadmaker needs to answer. Also, it doesn't matter if a boulder crushes a car. A boulder is solid, a car is made of a steel frame and covered with aluminum or plastic. Drop a boulder on a giant steel cube and see what happens. Unless Emma gets a MASSIVE upgrade in strength, only her telepathy is gonna save her from getting tossed around like a sexy marble.

manjaro
she doesnt get a STR upgrade and her mind powers are in acessible

FrothByte
ever try hitting a rock with a hammer? guess which one breaks. a car is not solid, is is made mostly of alluminum and lightweight alloy,not solid steel.

ScarletSpider
A better match would be the wildly obscure Blue Diamond. Professor Elton T. Morrow, marooned after a shipwreck, he grabed onto the nearest thing at hand, a wooden chest with the worlds largest diamond. Some catastrophic accident occured, the diamond shattered and was embedded into his skin. He served as a hero with the Liberty Legion during WWII. Later in life, his powers still strong, but his body weakened due to old age, he watched as the Thing fought a cosmic threat, Star Dancer (happened in Marvel-Two-In-One #79 IIRC). Some more stuff happens, Star Dancer's not really all that bad, she was just misunderstood. She takes apart and dissects Elton, then puts him back together (as he's her cosmically predestined soul mate, or something like that) as a living diamond (with human attributes of course). But I digress.

Colossus.

manjaro
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay What the f**k?

laydiiplayette
I still think collossus sucks. Emma is way cooler. She is also smarter, so she would find some clever way to whoop him.

IRTMU-Dragon
Diamond is potentially the stronger material shielding here.

pr1983
in astonishing xmen 2... ord beats diamond emma down, in astonishing 5, colossus f*cks ord up...

without psychic abilities shes no match for peter...

baddspellahl4
penace would go diamond form and kick both their asses

Evangel94
I believe Collosus has crushed diamonds in between his fingers before.

laydiiplayette
He has, but has he ever crush a diamond this big?

pr1983
he could always punch her in the face... or pic her up and throw her (i doubt shes too heavy for him)

laydiiplayette
wow... Throw her... Isn't it like a cliche move for a superhero to like be thrown, land on their hands, flip, and land perfectly.

pr1983
i meant through the ceiling or through a wall...

laydiiplayette
... Do you think that has any revalence to someone with a diamond hard shell?

pr1983
if he threw her like he throws wolverine, then yeah...

and besides colossus nowadays is class 100 strength, is emma, even in diamond form?

laydiiplayette
I have no idea... But she's is exceptionally strong in that form.

pr1983
no doubt she is impressive and formidable, but this is colossus, the guy is a man mountain...

laydiiplayette
Every site I visited that talk about what Collossus is made out of says that he is made of "organic steel". Organic steel is not adamantium. Diamond is probably the strongest organic material, so I believe her coating is stronger. Also we all know Emma as a munipulative mastermind vixen. Mastermind is the key word. She is extremely sly and intelligent. Personally, I cannot say the same for Collossus. Diamond must be hit at a percise angle and force to be broken.
Does Collossus know where to hit? I'm sure that after the first time being shattered, Emma has researched about the properties of diamond, and know where she shouldn't get hit. She'll endure his regular attack, and evade the ones that are potentially dangerous. You say that Collossus is a "man mountain". Other heros that have been dubbed "Man Mountains" are very very slow, unless they have superspeed, which Collossus does not. Emma can strike and evade him easily.

pr1983
impressive argument, but emma does not have superspeed, and colossus is extremely nimble for someone his size. im sure emma can and will strike him, but i believe your underestimating how durable his organic steel actually is, and the probability that he most likely will hit her... hard. i know her diamond can take a lot of punishment, but hand to hand in close quarters i just believe he is too strong and durable for her...

Alpha Centauri
When you look at Juggernaut, The Hulk, The Thing, Rhino etc, they all have huge huge frames.

Colossus is just a very very big man who changes into metal. There is no reason why he should be considered a mountain or labelled as "Slow". He's not that much bigger than the X-Men. Bodybuilder size, bit taller maybe. Infact, he's smaller in mass than most bodybuilders.

He just has insane strength and durability.

-AC

pr1983
i know alpha, i meant to add something to the mountain part, just couldnt find the right words... hes only what 6' 5 in metal form...

laydiiplayette
Well Emma is still faster.

pr1983
but colossus is stronger...

laydiiplayette
Excuse me, but his strength and durability is just a notch above hers.

pr1983
a notch? come on, class 100...

and she is not that much quicker than him, its only a bit...

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but he's still stronger.

Being fast doesn't hurt. Emma could run around him all day, what will it do? Nothing. He's fast enough to catch her. She's no more nimble than a top class gymnast, she isn't Spider-Man. Once he gets hold of Emma, he will overpower her, pound on her (in a non-sexual way) until he hits the right shatter spot (this is sounding bad but bear with me) and then he'll kill her.

He isn't The Hulk or The Thing but Colossus is a beast and I don't think disposing of Emma would be something out of his range.

-AC

David Duchovony
This is utterly ridiculous, and Colossus is not gay. First off Colossus is made of organic STEEL! Second, he is above the 100 class strength range. Imagine giving a man a pure diamond rod and another a solid steel rod, now mutliply the other man's strength by 12 and see what happens when the two rods connect. The diamond rod will shatter into pieces killing the guy with it by slicing him to bits.

P.S Emma is just a high class whore with telepathy.

laydiiplayette
I am using a notch because thats what it is, all of those little sites that have ability ratings show emma having strength, 1 notch lower than collossus's.

pr1983
give me those addresses, if you are right i will humbly apologise...

laydiiplayette
Isn't organic steel less strong than regular steel. anyways, you would then have to multiply the strength of the guy with the diamond rod by 11.

pr1983
no, its not...

David Duchovony
Could you please post a link or something to these sites of yours? I've been on marvel directory and it says nothing about her strength level.

laydiiplayette
... Yes it does. I got hers off the marvel universe directory, and his from the X-men Marvel Encyclopedia, copyright 2003, Marvel Characters, inc.

pr1983
my apologies for not reitorating earlier, what they mean by organic steel is that it is like a second skin to him, his body weight doubles when he changes to metal form, his whole body (innards and all) becomes steel. yet he still retains all the flexibility and functioning of a normal human. it is no less dense than normal steel.

Khellendros
I love how people keep saying that diamond is stronger than organic steel, like that matters. Look, epoxy a diamond to a hammer and go smack a bank vault door for a couple hours, see how much good that does you. Yes, the diamond is harder than the metal of the door, but that doesn't mean you're gong to be breaking through that door any time soon. Emma is smaller and weaker, just because her body is potentially stronger doesn't grant her an automatic win. Even if she does have superhuman strength in diamond form, she has spent almost no time fighting in it. Colossus has undergone intense training in his organic steel form for years.

laydiiplayette
Uh... When he keeps up with the others, isn't he in regular form, then when he turns metal he falls behind.

pr1983
what u mean falls behind?

laydiiplayette
as in the only reason taht he doesn't seem slow is because he isn't running, he's fighting. I'm saying that he keeps up with the other x-men. But when you double in weight, thats gonna slow you down.

IRTMU-Dragon
Diamond is the stronger than Metal...
>.>
<.<

Khellendros
His weight to strength ratio is higher in steel form. That means not only can he move just as well as he did in human form, he can do so while trading blows with other powerhouses in combat.

pr1983
not as much as to hinder him if it does at all, but it also multiplies his punching power, lifting strength and durability...

laydiiplayette
Yes, but some people seem to think that because she is smaller, she is weaker. I don't. Everyone keeps comparing her to a small diamond, and collossus to a hammer. The hammer is like 10 times (or more) the size of the diamond. Collossus is only 4 inches taller than Emma.

Khellendros
The size difference is used to detail strength difference, not size. And, he is stronger. Can she press 70 or more tons? And.. only four inches taller?? he's like 7+ feet in steel form.

pr1983
and how many pounds heavier? or pound for pound stronger?

laydiiplayette
the other person said he was 6' 2". w/e, I'm just letting you now that she's 5' 10".

Khellendros
Yeah, in human form, he's like 6'6. In steel form he gains about a foot. I'm sorry, Emma is nifty but she can't hold her own in a fist fight with Colossus.

pr1983
hes 6' 3 in human, 6' 5" metal (or so ive heard), but his bulk and muscle density multiply a lot...

laydiiplayette
Who said anything about a fist fight? Maybe Emma would be all slutty again like when she was in the hellfire club, and seduce him, or something shady like that.

laydiiplayette
In that case, Emma should just lift him, and throw him into the ocean, he'd sink like a rock.

Khellendros
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/colossus.htm

I'm getting my size facts from there.

Uhhh... oKAY... how is she going to manage this? She has no telekinesis and you have failed to post a link to a site saying she has enhanced strength.

juggernaut74
Colossus is 6'6" normal and 7'5" in steele form. Trust me on this.

pr1983
could happen.. though peters a good decent guy... he wouldnt go after another guys girl no matter how slutty she was... i hope...

laydiiplayette
As Colossus he can left (press) at least 70 tons under optimal conditions.
Emma can lift just as much.

laydiiplayette
Does he have a gf?

Khellendros
BS. Post a source site if you expect that claim to be taken seriously.

Khellendros
HE and Kitty seem to be developing a relationship now that he's back from the dead.

Alpha Centauri
"Maybe Emma would be all slutty again like when she was in the hellfire club, and seduce him, or something shady like that."

Not sure if this will be a factor or not but unlike Cyclops etc, Colossus/Piotr doesn't strike me as someone seducable. I dunno why. Then again, it's Emma Frost we're talking about.

"In that case, Emma should just lift him, and throw him into the ocean, he'd sink like a rock."

It's not gonna be easy to just lift Colossus and even so, he could just change back.

-AC

pr1983
true...

juggernaut74
Colossus can lift 100 tons now.

laydiiplayette
http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm

Check her, Her rating is 5 out of 7. A 5 means that she can lift anywhere from the 75-100 ton range.

juggernaut74
5 is 25 to 75 tons. 6 is 75 to 100. Colossus is a 6 and Emma is a 5.

Khellendros
Riiiight... It also lists her energy projection as a 5. WTF is that? Does she fire optic blasts too now?

laydiiplayette
really? wow. Well, I don't think she's the kind of girl thats a b-. She's probably a b+. what i'm saying is then she could probably lift 70-75

laydiiplayette
No, she has psionic bolts, have you never read the phoenix saga.

Khellendros
I just looked up Professor X and his energy projection is listed as a five too, so I suppose you're right. Anyways, she's a notch lower than Colossus in strength, has less combat experience, and diamond shatters whereas steel bends first. Colossus wins this, just stop arguing this.

laydiiplayette
How about no. Has nobody considered by throwing into ocean theory. Has anyone ever EVER seen collossus swim in his metal form. He'll either sink or rust. Who cares. He loses.

Khellendros
We considered it and decided it was retarded. Even if she pulls it off, he turns to human form, swims to shore, is twice as pissed as before and beats her to chunks. Colossus wins.

Khellendros
And he CAN't rust, so that shuts that down.

Alpha Centauri
"Has nobody considered by throwing into ocean theory"

How did they get near the ocean? Oh yes, you put them there for the sake of Emma.

-AC

juggernaut74
Colossus can swim in his metal form. He did so when he drug a sunken russian submarine out of the water. It was Ultimate X-men #18 I think.

laydiiplayette
uh... If he turns human wouldn't that be like being disqualitied. If he can turn human, the so should she. She'll just turn human, and knock him cold with her telepathic female fists of fury bunny

Khellendros
Two things.

1) No, he didn't. He sunk to the bottom and walked there.

2) Ultimate Colossus is different from the Colossus we're talking about (im assuming), so that doesnt count.

laydiiplayette
so he just held his breathe?

Khellendros
I don't remember. Possibly.

juggernaut74
Key words "your assuming". And it did look like he was swimming cause he was in a horizontal angle. If he was sinking he would be in a vertical angle dont you think?

laydiiplayette
Thats bull. There is nothing that would possibly factor into him having the ability to hold his breathe long enough to walk that far.

juggernaut74
Are you guys serious? Colossus dont need to breathe in steel form. He dont need to eat either.

pr1983
yes, he did hold his breath, then he picked up the sub and walked back the the surface... thats a long time... and current colossus is stronger than ultimate...

Alpha Centauri
I reiterate:

How did they get near the ****ing ocean in the first place? "She could throw him in the ocean and win." Yeah how? Oceans aren't McDonald's, there isn't one in every town.

-AC

laydiiplayette
I truly cannot believe that.

laydiiplayette
THEY GOT THERE BECAUSE I PUT THEM IN THE ****ING SCENARIO. DEAL WITH IT. If colossus is so great, then he should be able to deal with it.

Khellendros
Stop throwing a fit. I think it's more likely that juggernaut74 is right and he doesnt need to breathe rather than he held his breath. EITHER WAY, it nulls your situation. He gets tossed in, he walks or swims out in steel form and puts the pimp hand to Emma.

Alpha Centauri
"THEY GOT THERE BECAUSE I PUT THEM IN THE ****ING SCENARIO. DEAL WITH IT. If colossus is so great, then he should be able to deal with it."

I love that part. The part where they crack and realise how completely and utterly one-sided their opinion is.

You put them in a scenario just to benefit the person you are backing. Chances are the won't be near an ocean. So lets be realistic. Colossus is going to win.

-AC

pr1983
he'll just turn to human form or walk balk across the bottom of teh sea.

he doesnt need to hold his breath for a hell of a long time, he can even survive in a vaccuum for a certain amount of time... and he doesnt rust.

he is physically emmas superior...

ladiiplayette i really think you've made a good argument and done your best but without emmas psychic powers shes no match for peter, diamond form or no...

laydiiplayette
I cracked. Wow, thats a nice way to put it. I've seen you make many posts like that, so i guess its time for you to go to the nut house, eh? Anyways, where does it ever say that Colossus doesn't need to breathe? Show me this.

David Duchovony
Why do chicks get so riled over these things? I now know there is one thing more annoying than a fanboy, the feminist fangirl (YIIIKKESSS!!!) And no matter what, Emma will lose.

"Colossus is in unusually fine physical health, permitting the transition back and forth from his normal organic flesh state to his armored form to occur with minimal stress on his system. His normal lungs are capable of holding his breath for 3.6 minutes. In the past he has exhibited a minimal or nonexistent need to breathe while in his armored state. However, it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum. His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form".

Source:
http://marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/colossus.htm

laydiiplayette
There you go again. I thought the whole point of this was that they couldn't go back to being their human form. If they can, then I will say again, Emma will just turn human, access her telepathic powers, and knock him out.

juggernaut74
Marveldirectory.com or uncannyxmen.net. Read those profiles.

juggernaut74
That was meant for laydiiplayete

pr1983
ok.. colossus not breathing...

from marvel directory.com

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/colossus.htm

Colossus is in unusually fine physical health, permitting the transition back and forth from his normal organic flesh state to his armored form to occur with minimal stress on his system. His normal lungs are capable of holding his breath for 3.6 minutes. In the past he has exhibited a minimal or nonexistent need to breathe while in his armored state. However, it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum. His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form.

laydiiplayette
FEMINIST? So now you've gone from arguing about the topic of this thread, to calling a B1tch that thinks that women are equal or better than men. And by using the term feminist, are you saying that women aren't equal to men?

pr1983
bull, the term dont mean that at all...

and he was wrong to call u a feminist ill admit...

Alpha Centauri
Let's not get into feminism in an Emma Frost Vs Colossus thread.

-AC

Khellendros
God, laydii, why are you stil arguing this?? You've been beaten, there is no INTELLIGENT argument you can give that says Emma will beat down Colossus. Just give up and move on.

David Duchovony
ladiiplayette- No, I'm just saying they can take these things out of proportion. As a woman I'm sure you want to prove the fact that Colossus should not win because he is a man and Emma is a woman. And men are on average physically stronger than women but that does not make us any better and I never said it did. And I apologize for the feminist thing, it's funny how the word is becoming taboo these days huh?

laydiiplayette
You've told me that before. did i listen to you then? NO. Anyways, You should have told David that before he called me a feminist.

laydiiplayette
You people are not considering intellect or anything other than strength...

Khellendros
Colossus isn't an idiot.

Alpha Centauri
"You people are not considering intellect or anything other than strength..."

She's gonna think him to death?

-AC

juggernaut74
Colossus is no dummy. His intelligence is rated at a 3 which is really good for a powerhouse.

laydiiplayette
And I will not quit, because I am the only one that is defending Emma. I don't quit, and I don't back down.

David Duchovony
And looking at your thread history you seem to be quite interested in the "battle of the sexes" thing. Those sort of threads usually open the door to personal attacks and jabs.

Khellendros
I'm not saying she's a stupid whore who should be crucified in public, I'm saying she can't beat Colossus in a physical fight. You aren't "defending" her, you're arguing pointlessly.

laydiiplayette
I never said he was an idiot, but he isn't as smart as emma. If one notch of strength will determine that colossus will beat emma into a shimmery pulp, then she must be alot smarter than him. and no she won't think him to death, she'll be tactical, that is why she is a team leader, and colossus was never.

pr1983
ord beating emma (diamond)...

David Duchovony
Exactly. You made the thread to get other people's perspectives and opinions and you refuse to accept what was posted as well as you ignore logic.

laydiiplayette
If this is a pointless arguement. An arguement is obselete when one person shwo the other one that they are wrong and makes them accept it. I haven't yet, so you have not won, and this is not over

pr1983
colossus beating the living shit out of ord...

and colossus has way more battle experience than emma...

tactician my ass, the only reason she led the team was cos she was shagging cyclops...

David Duchovony
Nuff' said.

laydiiplayette
Okay well, you guys think that the only thing that matters is strength, isn't that right. If that were the only thing that mattered then nothing else would be listed under abilities.

David Duchovony
Her telepathic powers were never made a factor. This is a physical fight. You're trying to prove she can beat him due to her strength and nigh indestructability.

laydiiplayette
Really, Colossus has more experience than Emma? Emma ran her own school, Xavier's school, and was the white queen of the hellfire club. If you compare colossus to that resume then i'd say he's under qualified.

Khellendros
You refuse to see logic. In a battle, it's power and experience that win the day. Colossus has more of both. You've been shown tob e wrong, you are simply doing the internet equivalent of sitting in a corner with your fingers in your ears screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

juggernaut74
where do you get your pics from? I see people doing that all of the time on here. Is there a website for something?

laydiiplayette
Well nobody answered my question about changing into a human form, so can emma change or not?

pr1983
she is not a tactician, never has been

and colossus has fought tons more battles than her...

juggernaut just google for most pics, i have that particular comic so thats wher i got the pics...

emmas in diamond form, hes in metal form, shorty of hitting him with a nuke theres not a lot she can do...

Alpha Centauri
"I haven't yet, so you have not won, and this is not over"

Just because you haven't accepted that you've lost, doesn't mean that you haven't. I'm sure Hitler didn't wanna admit that he got his ass whooped but it didn't change the fact that he did.

I don't think everything is about strength but Emma, fact is, doesn't have enough of ANYTHING to overcome Colossus.

-AC

Khellendros
Show me one issue where she shows any training in fighting. THAT is the experience we are talking about. HE has been fighting for YEARS, she has been reading and controlling minds all that time. She isn't a fighter, she's a thinker. Colossus wins this.

IRTMU-Dragon
Diamond may be powerful but Collusus is too.

laydiiplayette
"I don't think everything is about strength but Emma, fact is, doesn't have enough of ANYTHING to overcome Colossus."

Hello, have you ever heard of knocking someone cold by shutting down their mind...

Khellendros
She isn't using telepathy in this fight. Stop bringing it up. This is a fistfight. Colossus wins.

David Duchovony
Laydiiplayette- You have been outnumbered, and shown by illustration (thanks to pr1983) that Emma is uberly outclassed, I don't get it, you have not lost, you have just been proven wrong. Don't take it so hard.

Alpha Centauri
"Hello, have you ever heard of knocking someone cold by shutting down their mind..."

Yes. But if she had the power to do this and you thought she could, you wouldn't have clung to the "she's stronger, faster" theory. Which leads me to believe that you're a bit out of your depth on the knowledge side.

-AC

David Duchovony
A bit...?

Khellendros
Oh, she has knowledge, she jsut has no logic and is stubborn. It doesn't matter, she's beaten. This is just kicking a corpse to make the point.

laydiiplayette
Yes. But if she had the power to do this and you thought she could, you wouldn't have clung to the "she's stronger, faster" theory. Which leads me to believe that you're a bit out of your depth on the knowledge side.

On the contrary. I was using that as the basis of my arguement, before others started saying that colossus could transform back into his flesh form. If he can, then emma should be able to as well. You need to stop talking to be like a little confused girl because the ***** is back.

laydiiplayette
No logic. If logic had any factor in this, then colossus wouldn't be walking around without air. If this had anything to do with logic then people would be turning into metal and diamond. Thats the whole thing about comics, they are ILLOGICAL!.

Khellendros
Laydii, pay attention, I don't want to repeat myself.

Telepathy is not being used. Colossus does not need to change back to human form, so Emma doesn't get to either. This is a pure fist fight, stop bringing that other stuff up.

pr1983
u started this ladi by saying she could throw him into the ocean...

Alpha Centauri
"You need to stop talking to be like a little confused girl because the ***** is back."

Well excuse me while I wipe up my own faeces that I expelled in fear of you.

Look, lets revert back to the purpose of the thread then. They both stay fixed in their alternate forms. Colossus will win. It's that simple. You placed them next to an ocean to give Emma a shot at winning. The only time they'd fight on a beach is if Emma got pissed that Colossus was peeping on her while sunbathing. Realistically it wouldn't be on a beach or anywhere near an ocean most likely. So you're out of things to say.

-AC

laydiiplayette
Okay, I agree that I did. But who ever said that they weren't by an ocean. I simply put them in that scenario.

pr1983
and even IF it was... he'd just get up, brush himself off, walk back and kick her ass...

laydiiplayette
get up? who said he fell over?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>