Perfect Dark Zero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
I'm basing my decision of buying an XBox on whether or not this game comes out for it. Has anyone heard anything?

Samas-adian
I havnt heared anything about this game in awhile.

BackFire
I heard it's coming out for Xbox 2

Thael
Damn! I was looking forward to that game. cry

SaTsuJiN
isnt it gonna be stupid and cutesy anime looking?... if they go for pure realism (which I hope) then I might be looking forward to this one.. since PD for N64 was so awesome

Rhino
ofcourse they'll go for pure realism and ya, it is probably going to xbox 2

Smasandian
It was cutsy anime with a younger Johanna Dark. But i dont know if they're continuing doing that. One thing though, PDZ was suppose to be out already, and now its going to be for XBOX 2. Wow, look at that wasted money.

Tex
RareWare has been really eating it since they left Nintendo.

BackFire
They were eating it right before they left nintendo too. The last few games they made for Nintendo were shit.

Tex
DonkeyKong puke

BackFire
They need to make a new Killer Instinct. Those games kicked so much ass it must be fatening.

Tex
Been there, done that! schmoll

BackFire
Not for about 6 years though, I think they're due for another installment.

DarkAge
A 3d Instinct, hell yeah.

It's not that there last few games were shit (Conker!), it's just that at the end of the N64's life in 2000 everyone was buying PS2s.

Donkey Kong 64 was gay though.

shaber
They should have released Perfect Dark 64 earlier as the N64 was fading out by then.

Smasandian
Well if they did though, you would of had a crappy game.

Red Superfly
Well, you guys are aware that the guys who made Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on the N64 are now no longer part of Rare.

Those guys split from Rare and formed Free Radical - they now make the Timesplitters games. Timesplitters are really the sequels to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Perfect Dark Zero could be monumentally crappy because of this.

Also, EA have apparently drafted Free Radical to make the next Bond game, after the latest fake Goldeneye: Rogue Agent game stunk like a dog in a hot car. It's pretty obvious EA know how shit Bond has become, so they're getting the original Goldeneye boys back onto the license.

Rare, on the other hand, have lost it. They don't have the guys from Free Radical anymore, so that means we'll never know how good their FPS are until Pefect Dark Zero comes out. Apart from that, they've made Grabbed By The Ghoulies, which was crap, and a remake of Conkers Bad Fur Day - great but it's still a remake. They need to get into gear.

Smasandian
True. But i still dont think people moving are going to automatically make the company crap. This sort of thing happens in most industries and usually the company doesnt fold, or lose respect. They did lose guys but who say's that the people they replaced the are better. But one thing is that Nintendo made a great choice and not renewing Rare's contract. Even if it was an public outcry.

Thael
I loved that game! I preferred it over the MK games. stick out tongue

DanZeke25
Well i never Perfect Dark for N64,(or i jsut dont remeber it) but in the new gameinformer says that the produnction might not be going real good, because they only showed a little of it at E3, when people were expecting a lot. But of what they know so far, there is this thing where you can see through walls. And in online they can be up to 50 players!!! Thats crazy. And there is Jetpacks and Motorcycles. There is also a rumor that in an XBL function, another player can be an enemy in somebody elsed single-player campaign! Thats awesome. Hopefully they do it right cause it sounds pretty cool. Its supposed to come to the 360 at it launch.

link to images
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/015/015335/imgs_1.html

Smasandian
Check out the whole feature in EGM. Its like 10-15 pages long.

DanZeke25
does it say anything good?

SaTsuJiN
Yes, lots of good things

-Weapon disarming possible when unarmed

-Hacking plays a big role

-Weapons will have 2 to 3 functions each

-Map Dynamically grows with how many players are on the map

-Jet suits are added for more travel possibilities

-No jump button, However.. Rolling and wall hugging (solid snake style) are added to give more combat edge (to prevent bunny hopping)

-Armor repair is possible, but health cannot be replenished

thats all I can remember from the article, though

Smasandian
Alot of things you mentioned has been already with the original. Ie Hacking and weapon disarming and 2nd function weapons.]

The rolling is pretty cool, but I think this game is what the original should of been but alot better.

Red Superfly
Weapon disarming was simply switching the "punch" to "disarm".

It had no graphical change, all it did was change a red box to yellow in the corner, and whenever u punched someone, you took their gun.

Hardly revolutionary stuff, but worked wonderfully.

It doesn't seem to be that much of a diffference. I wonder if they are gonna have any real USPs at all?

dAngEr_Is_gO!
As long as it expands on the create-a-simulant capability I will be happy. Imagine 50 of the biggest load of freaks ever to grace the screen running around. I still play the original every now and then

SaTsuJiN
I agree alot of it is similar.. but Im really looking forward to the rolling and the wall hugging (you bind yourself to a wall and can freely pop out and shoot)

However, they urge us that PDZ is far from complete.. so the finished product will more than likely be totally different

SaTsuJiN
So, now that this game is finally out with a 9.0 score from gamespot (and much praise from other sites and readers as well)... what does everyone here think of it?.. (if you have it that is)

powerfulone1987
God, i was reading all of the messages above, thinking they were recent,lol.

What exactly do you mean when you said a few months ago "bind yourself to a wall".

I would think when yall are saying "hug" the way, yall mean back flat against the wall like many other games and the ability to peep/peek around corners.

(I never thought about that word before, is it peep or peek or either one, they elude me for some reason at the moment.)

is it comprehensible.....

TwisterGameX
edit

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
God, i was reading all of the messages above, thinking they were recent,lol.

What exactly do you mean when you said a few months ago "bind yourself to a wall".

I would think when yall are saying "hug" the way, yall mean back flat against the wall like many other games and the ability to peep/peek around corners.

(I never thought about that word before, is it peep or peek or either one, they elude me for some reason at the moment.)

oh.. yeah like you said .. you can stick your back to a wall.. . However you're left open to anyone who discovers you while you're "hugging" the wall.. so ya haveta watch out for that also

the difference however, in PDZ, you get to aim the reticule around the corner before popping out.. this way when you return fire its very accurate.. allowing you to take out groups of enemies more efficiently than just poppin out buckwild n gettin shot up wink

powerfulone1987
I just watched a video review of this game and I was surprised at what I heard.
The reviewer was involved in making the game by the way.

In one part he said, the graphics aren't they great and the story isn't either and it makes it hard for you to care about the characters, and when the camerea gets all up and close on characters they look ugly, but the weapons look real good and sound real good and you'll be focused on the running and shooting anyway(as if to sweep all the other stuff under the rug).
Then at the end he's saying how good the game is and visually stunning and if you're wondering if you should get the xbox, this game should definitely cause you to get one.

If anything, his review turned me away from this game. I don't play FPS n the first place, so it was a long shot at me getting this game and i actually wanted it, but not anymore.

SaTsuJiN
In one part he said, the graphics aren't they great - - -
Then at the end he's saying how visually stunning

I remember those parts.. which is why I found him to be a bit... stupid.. no expression how can you dis an aspect of something and then give it props afterwards.. in any case I usually see if the good outweighs the bad before considering a game.. and this looks to fall under that category

forumcrew
the game is NOT that good. The multiplayer is pretty fun, single player is stupid and the graphics BLOW for being on 360

mr.smiley
Are you on crack?The character models could be better but the enviroments are by far the best ever on a .The single player is decent but multiplayer is where it shines.Does anyone on on here even have a 360?Out of all the 360 I bought Perfect Darks graphics far surpass anything on the market for any system.

Morridini
I have always liked GoldenEye and Perfect dark. that is why I was considering getting the new box as PD:Zero was exclusive to it. However from what I've seen it seems pretty disappointing.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Are you on crack?The character models could be better but the enviroments are by far the best ever on a .The single player is decent but multiplayer is where it shines.Does anyone on on here even have a 360?Out of all the 360 I bought Perfect Darks graphics far surpass anything on the market for any system.

It even surpasses COD: 2?

Somehow, I doubt it. erm

Although... I am looking forward to this game. droolio

mr.smiley
I own both and yes Perfect dark is way better graphicly.COD2 has better character models but the backrounds are very bland and plain compared to Perfect Dark

Mako Victim
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
It even surpasses COD: 2?

Somehow, I doubt it. erm

Although... I am looking forward to this . droolio

You must not have a 360 then, cause if you did you wouldn't have made such a stupid post..... Pefect Darks graphics blow COD2's away in almost every aspect, (except character models).....

forumcrew
Originally posted by mr.smiley

yes i have had a 360 since its release and i own a 42" sony HD LCD NFSMW blows this game away graphicly. on multiplayer the details are very good, like if you look at a brick wall but for general play they are nothing to get excited about.

SaTsuJiN
I watched the gametrailers video review.. seems like the only thing that annoyed them was the "story" type stuff.. voice acting.. cutscene animations and plot nuances.. everything else they said its superb.. claiming the replay value to be the highest among any recent first person shooter out there.. /drool

but I dont have a 360.. I hope they drop in price sad /sniffle

lowrider370
yep they say the replay value is gonna be a big one especially with the levels of difficulity it has they also put a lot of work into the multiplayer, its really good

powerfulone1987
do all of you people who're doing onine play and are talking about it, have dsl or broadband at your house or something, b/c I doubt i'll be able to do online play b/c we have dial up at our house, but i'm asking for dsl or broadband for christmas in my room or for my b-day which is Jan 5.

Zen2nd
Broadband is required to play any game online on the 360.

powerfulone1987
Ummmmm....................So back to my still unanswered question, which I will cut and paste b/c I 'm not going to type it all again.

do all of you people who're doing onine play and are talking about it, have dsl or broadband at your house or something, b/c I doubt i'll be able to do online play b/c we have dial up at our house, but i'm asking for dsl or broadband for christmas in my room or for my b-day which is Jan 5.

Zen2nd
You won't be able to play online without Broadband!

DSL and Broadband are the same thing!

So anyone who plays online has Broadband!

powerfulone1987
Ummmmm....................So back to my still unanswered question, which I will cut and paste b/c I 'm not going to type it all again.

Pay attention people. I have qouted my question AGAIN so that yall can answer the question of whether yall have it or not since yall are talking about it......okay.

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

forumcrew
Pay attention people. I have qouted my question AGAIN so that yall can answer the question of whether yall have it or not since yall are talking about it......okay.

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

your question was answered. You pay attention this time. First it doesnt matter if anyone has broadband themselves.. and dont word it as cable or broadband because cable is a TYPE of broadband as there are other types, all you need to ask about is broadband. The simple fact is you can not play Xbox or Xbox 360 without a broadband connection. THis is to keep people like you who are living in the 90's away from online gaming so it isnt ruined for everyone else.

powerfulone1987
I don't know what's stuck up your butt, but that was uncalled for so you needn't bother with attempting to answer my questions any longer to save you the trouble and me the ignorance.Ok?

Now maybe if I rephrase the question people will be able to get what i'm asking since the other wording isn't working too well.

Who has broadband in here?

Mišt
I was reading about this game in an xbox magazine, full review and everything, and it has successfully sold me into buying a 360.

forumcrew
anyone who plays xbox online has it.. I have it.. the majority of people on the internet now have some form of broadband..

Mist id try and rent Perfect Dark first.. A lot of people have been unhappy with it. COD2 seems to have a more engaging single player and multiplayer game play. But PDzero is pretty good.

Mišt
I'll get CoD2 on PC, no point buying a console port if I can get it on PC. But yeah, I'd probably rent PDZ first thing, give it a go in multiplayer and so on. Loved the first one, hope this one does justice.

powerfulone1987
how much do you usually pay a month for broadband/dsl/cable or whatever it is.
I'm asking for it for christmas to be hooked up in my room.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by forumcrew
anyone who plays xbox online has it.. I have it.. the majority of people on the internet now have some form of broadband..

Mist id try and rent Perfect Dark first.. A lot of people have been unhappy with it. COD2 seems to have a more engaging single player and multiplayer game play. But PDzero is pretty good.

a majority of the people who have pdz are only disspointing because they suck at it...plain and simple. They get mad when they die and depending on what gametype it is it ould result in a while of waiting. Playing PDZ is very similar to playing counter strike since you have to buy weapns with the credits you earn for staying alive during a round, killing other people, or sabotaging equipment. There is no auto-aiming but ehre are headshots if you have no armor on. It's funny how most people who play it stand still and try to line up their cursor on your head and then get mad when they die because they're standing still..i think the lack of skill from most people online going against the good people is what most people complain about. The story mode is fun to do either solo or co-op. Call of duty 2 isn't as good as pdz in my opinion. But then neither of these two will be very good in the futur once halo 3 comes out. And then soon everyone that has a 360 will flock to doa4 which is the next big 360 game.

powerfulone1987
I don't even have a xbox 360 and i'm flocking to Dead or Alive 4.

Phoenix Aska
I don't even have a xbox 360 and i'm flocking to Dead or Alive 4.

yes...the graphics are truely amazing if you're playing on a hi-def t.v.

but doa 4 is suppose to be much faster and harder than the previous doa ultimate..let's hope that's true.

powerfulone1987
yeah i read a review today telling about the more complicated countering system.

But as I've never really played a Dead or alive game it'll all be new to me.
That's if i get a Xbox 360, even though i said i was gonna get one, i dont' know, but i don't like the xbox library and more than likey they'll shoot out the same kind of games for the 360.

Phoenix Aska
yeah i read a review today telling about the more complicated countering system.

But as I've never really played a Dead or alive game it'll all be new to me.
That's if i get a Xbox 360, even though i said i was gonna get one, i dont' know, but i don't like the xbox library and more than likey they'll shoot out the same kind of games for the 360.

I love the xbox library..and yes they're gonna have most of the same games as the older one had.

I remember once when i argued with some person that doa takes more skill than tekken does, and then in the end he never played doa before. It was funny, because you can button mash and win in tekken, i've seen it happen before when someone completely new to the game just pushes random buttons and beats someone thats played it ever since the first tekken came out and could do those 10 hit chain combnos and stuff while in doa you could just simply counter or block a move.

powerfulone1987
yeah, i just told my mom for the second time, after changing my mind back and forth for christmas, that i don't want a 360, hopefully i won't change my mind again.

i'll do a little search and see if i can find something else to take it's place, b/c if i don't by christmas, i'll just get the money in my hand.

and i don't want that.

Phoenix Aska
yeah, i just told my mom for the second time, after changing my mind back and forth for christmas, that i don't want a 360, hopefully i won't change my mind again.

i'll do a little search and see if i can find something else to take it's place, b/c if i don't by christmas, i'll just get the money in my hand.

and i don't want that.

lol..if i was your mom and i already got you a 360 then thats too bad because you're getting it changing your mind or not..the only way to get one was if you waited in line or were one of the lucky people who pre-ordered it and you weren't screwed on the first and second shipments.

But in the spring time of next year they will be very easy to get and lots of people will have one.

powerfulone1987
no she hasn't gotten me one yet, can't find it, but i guess that's good now that i've change my mind once again.

Phoenix Aska
no she hasn't gotten me one yet, can't find it, but i guess that's good now that i've change my mind once again.

lmao...my friends and i went to a 24/7 walmart the day it came out and waited 12 hours for it...but it wasn't that bad when you're with friends and in wal-mart we just took chairs and stuff and borrowed other things like magazines ect. Out of the 5 of us only two of us actually kept ours. A couple days ago one of my friends keith sold his xbox on ebay for $1200. lol point is, right now unless your mom wants to pay an outraeous price on ebay for one i dont think she's getting one.

powerfulone1987
I don't want one now, so no she's not getting one of course. And if she did get one, it was going to be the next time she found one or after the next shipment, but since i don't want one, i don't need to worry about that now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.