Someone Please Comment on the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

loserib
ih hells yeah i cant wait for this one to come out it comes out september 7th i was thinking of buying a copie the other day but now im glad i waited this copie looks sick anyone else planing on picking it up
you can check out everything it has here
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/dawnofthedead/

Dario Argento
i'm going to buy it very soon.

loserib
im going to pick it up the day it comes out it comes with three difrent versions of the movie

http://assets.m80im.com/teams/dotd/dvdsetsm.jpg

WindDancer
This is one is a must have! I'm buying it even if have to sell my body parts for money!!!

Cinemaddiction
Seems like overkill.

Unholy_Cheese
They should include the remake

loserib
that would be cool

loserib
check out this cool dawn of the dead online player

http://www.m80teams.com

BackFire
A must for any horror fan. I can't wait. I've been waiting years for this three disc edition, it's about time the film gets a worthy dvd release

Dario Argento
its a 4-disc

BackFire
Oh, wow you're right. Damn, I had heard so much about a 3 disc version over the past few years, I guess I never bothered to actually look at the official disc count. How embarassing.

Dario Argento
Hehe...

xs-
r

Unholy_Cheese
I bet this will only come out in USA, u guys got the nightmare on elm st collection, scream collection, childs play collection, friday the 13th collection and we didnt, its not fairsad

Dario Argento
Just get yourself a region free dvd player, then it won't be a problem anymore. I own a lot of region 1 dvds

SlipknoT
I'll buy it, when I get the money.

WindDancer
Just got my copy!!!!! I'm friggin excited right NOW!!!! Can't wait to get home and play this baby! happy big grin yes

<<Solo>>
I'll buy it Monday.....I guess.

Unholy_Cheese
yeah but there expensive arnt they?

Dario Argento
No

Lord_Andres
They cost like 600DKK around here, thats about 100$, so no they are not expensive, almust all of my DVD's are region1 only a hand is region2, anyway I'l be getting this baby at the end of the month, can't wait

Fire Starter
Shweet!

WindDancer
I payed $33.99 for mine at BB (on release day). At regular price it might cost $49.99.

Cowboyography
I just picked up a copy at target for $39.99. And its Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worth every cent!!!!!

MC Mike
DVD Players that are region free cost around $70 here, and those are very good ones. confused

Dr. Strangelove
Got it at Target for 40$. As Cowboyography said its worth every cent. Great packaging, loved the comic book, great transfer and the movie was superb. I'll probably dig into the documentaries in the next couple of days to see if there's good information on the film. As I loved Dawn of the dead a lot I'll probably pick up Day of the Dead and Night since both are pretty cheap now a days. smile

SlipknoT
I have the Original DVD they released. I'm going to buy the remake first, before I buy this one.

Unholy_Cheese
Why does everything come out on region 1,2,3 and not 4??
this is driving me crazy!
im gonna have to get a multi region DVD player

Zilverz
I have been trying to find out if the Dawn of the Dead ultimate edition is worth the purchase for some time now. I have the Regular edition single disc version.

Is the Extended or Argento'z version any count? Please someone that owns this set comment

dean7879
i'd stick to the US theatrical release....in my opinion i think the other two versions are pointless....there is only minor differences

RavenNightstar
I agree with Dean! The single disk one has all the cool stuff on it anyways!

Cinemaddiction
Errr...

Single Disc Features:

* Commentary by director George A. Romero and Special Effects Creator Tom Savini

* Theatrical Trailers, TV & Radio Spots, and Poster Galleries

Ultimate Edition Features:

* Commentary by writer/Director George A. Romero, Make-Up Effects Creator Tom Savini, and Assistant Director Chris Romero. Moderated by DVD Producer Perry Martin

* Three versions of the film plus a bonus disc of extras

* Audio Commentary with Writer/Director George A. Romero, Make-Up Effects Creator Tom Savini, and Assistant Director Chris Romero. Moderated by DVD Producer Perry Martin

* Theatrical Trailers

* TV Spots

* Radio Spots

* Poster & Advertising Gallery

* George A. Romero Bio

* Comic Book Preview

* Audio Commentary with Producer Richard P. Rubinstein. Moderated by DVD Producer Perry Martin

* Monroeville Mall Commercial

* Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery

* Memorabilia Gallery

* Production Stills

* Audio Commentary with actors David Emge, Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger and Gaylen Ross

* International Theatrical Trailers

* U.K. TV Spots

* International Lobby Card Gallery

* International Poster & Advertising Gallery

* International Pressbook Gallery

* Home Video & Soundtrack Artwork

* Dario Argento Bio

* Roy Frumkes' Document of the Dead - The original documentary filmed during the making of DAWN OF THE DEAD by Filmmaker Roy Frumkes

* The Dead Will Walk, an all-new documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew members Claudio Argento, Dario Argento, Pat Buba, Tony Buba, Zilla Clinton, David Crawford, David Early, David Emge, Ken Foree, Michael Gornick, John Harrison, Clayton Hill, Sharon Ceccatti-Hill, Jim Krut, Leonard Lies, Scott H. Reiniger, Chris Romero, George A. Romero, Gaylen Ross, Tom Savini, and Claudio Simonetti

* On-Set Home Movies with Audio Commentary from Zombie Extra Robert Langer

* Monroeville Mall Tour with Actor Ken Foree

* Number of discs: 4

The choice is obvious, IMO. The don't call it the "Ultimate Edition" for shits and giggles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.