Why Heihachi???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rhino
1.ok, ive been thinking about this for a long time, but why did namco put heihachi in the ps2's version of Soul Calibur 2??

2.what character would ve been a better choice?

i think Auron of ffx wouldve been way better than the that crummy old character. Or Kimahri(the ronso). Link is cool, Spawn is cool, but a olde dude with no weapons that wears a diaper. Not cool.

Red Superfly
Well, it comes down to licensing.

Soul Caliber appears on a Nintendo machine, so Nintendo allow one of their characters to be used.

Soul Caliber has Todd McFarlane on the design team. He came up with Necrid. McFarlane gives the OK to use his Spawn character.

Soul Caliber appears on PS2, which also is home to Namcos OTHER beatemup, Tekken, so use Heihachi.

Do you seriously think Squaresoft would allow for Namco to put in a character of theirs into a game? C'mon. People have suggested Dante from Devil May Cry because he has appeared in Viewtiful Joe - NEWSFLASH - Dante is a Capcom character, as is Viewtiful Joe, Capcom can do what they like with it, Namco can't.

The only realistic alternative would have been to use another Tekken character instead. They were already using Yoshimitsu, the best possible candidate for a Soul C game. Heihachi was a good choice.

Rhino
couldnt they ask square enix? Either that or create a new character specifcally for the ps2...and make a good story behind him.

its just that hehachi sucks compared to spawn and link.

SaTsuJiN
do you think namco could really afford to license another popular character? lol.. thats why they put one of their own in...
personally if they were to choose a namco character, I would have preferred they brought edge master back for the PS2 version.. heihachi sucks hard

AdventChild
if a another tekken character was to be used it should have been jin... or cloud would have made a better choice and even squall...definetly not Tidus though....

ChickinMeat
pacman, should have been pacman

Red Superfly
or a car from Ridge Racer laughing out loud

ChickinMeat
yea, its weapon could be extreme shiny alloys laughing out loud

Robo-Chocobo
OWNED!!

Robo-Chocobo
Really Rhino, I expected you to be smarter than this.

Why would Namco ask Squar-E-nix for a character to use? They would have to pay all sorts of cash.

besides, Heihachi is so tough he doesn't need weapons. now excuse me while I bust a 8-hit combo from tekken on Aurron

Rhino
well i thought namco was gonna use sort of mascot characters for the SC2 games. Link is nintendo's mascot...Spawn seemed to be green and black-xbox and heihachi sucks. Spawn wouldnt need weapons either. But they gave him some.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.