Mutants and SuperHeroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

themightythor
Why does it seem that in the Marvel universe the only way to be respected and have superpowers is if you got your powers through some sort of freak accident. For example people love spidey but criticize the X-Men.

ScarletSpider
Not always. Look at Grant Morrison's run in New X-Men. People loved mutants, they were popular, the X-Men were celebrities and brand names.

Whereas the Daily Bugle is still pumping out sludge about Spidey.

themightythor
Yes I know but you can't really expect many people to belive Jameson after Spidey's helped so many people. I haven't read the New X-Men so I wouldn't know. My conclusions were drawn from The Uncanny X-Men series.

ScarletSpider
Claremont hasn't had a decent story to tell in over a decade.

But it's true, even with great strides made for their community, the X-Men, and mutants have always been feared a bit. But then again, Marvel-Earth looks upon a lot of their non-mutant heroes with disdain.

themightythor
Wich ones?

pr1983
in ultimate x-men they were celebritries, they were loved, then they were hated...

most marvel heroes are universally hated apart from the avengers and the fantastic four...

Dazzler619
I think people who used to critize X-Men was b/c they feared them due to the powers they had

ScarletSpider
No, really?!

themightythor
^^^
That's true but the majority of the people in Marvel Earth know that Spidey's the good guy. And the U.S Military is the only collective of people that hate the hulk (with the exeption of the marvel villians of course).

themightythor
no expression that's rather obvious.

ScarletSpider
The Thunderbolts probably hold a lot of illwill after their recent, Zemo led attempt at overthrowing a couple governments, then stealing all of the transnormal energy, almost causing a global crisis, though their intent was noble.

I would imagine Iron Man is the subject of lots of protest. He's a walking munitions factory, war and industrial protestors must have a field day with him when he slips up.

Hercules and Thor probably catch a lot of flak from Religious activists. Think about how the Church Lady would flip out if these ancient gods started walking around lording themselves over people?

The Black Panther recieves his fair share of disdain from the public. Though he doesn't care about the outside world so much as Wakanda is safe. And after almost ruining the world economy, it makes sense people wouldn't like him.

themightythor
Heh imagine how George W. Bush would react to that if he was president of Marvel America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.