Collusus VS Iron-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IRTMU-Dragon
Two chunks of metal..

Who would win?

NoFate007
Idk how powerful Collusus is, but I think that Iron Man could win, if he's got all the weaponry.

spetznaz
It would depend on what armor Tony Starks is wearing, and also on what Collosus we are talking about. The SKIN Ironman armor is extremely strong. On the other hand, Collosus currently seems to have become much much stronger. Strong enough to beat the Hulk (that is until the Hulk gets angry enough, and consequently strong enough, to near smash anything and anyone. But at the beginning of the fight the new Collosus would mess the Hulk up ....for a time).
NB: I am talking about the recent Collosus, not the old one that could be beaten up by everyone from Rogue to the Thing! The current Collosus is super-mighty!
Anyways, at the end of the day i'd give the win to Tony Starks. As long as Ironman doesn't trade blows with Collosus he will win. He'd just need to keep to a high altitude, and just blast away at Collosus.
Thus ....Iron man.
However, if he thinks Collosus is still at his old power levels and decides to get into fisticuffs with him .....then Ironman will be opened up like a tin can!

muffin man
Iron man how thick do you have to be to bet against Iron man.

Fanboy
Collosus already slapped Iron-Man down like nothing look into the Collosus respect thread.

The Fake Macoy
In a fist fight, I say that Colossus takes it. However, if Iron Man is fighting normally, I don't think that Colossus can really do anything if Tony just uses his repulsers while flying around.

Grimm22
Current Iron Man wins this

Unless Tony is stupid enougth to try to fight H2H (which he isnt), then Iron Man takes this one.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by spetznaz
It would depend on what armor Tony Starks is wearing, and also on what Collosus we are talking about. The SKIN Ironman armor is extremely strong. On the other hand, Collosus currently seems to have become much much stronger. Strong enough to beat the Hulk (that is until the Hulk gets angry enough, and consequently strong enough, to near smash anything and anyone. But at the beginning of the fight the new Collosus would mess the Hulk up ....for a time).
NB: I am talking about the recent Collosus, not the old one that could be beaten up by everyone from Rogue to the Thing! The current Collosus is super-mighty!
Anyways, at the end of the day i'd give the win to Tony Starks. As long as Ironman doesn't trade blows with Collosus he will win. He'd just need to keep to a high altitude, and just blast away at Collosus.
Thus ....Iron man.
However, if he thinks Collosus is still at his old power levels and decides to get into fisticuffs with him .....then Ironman will be opened up like a tin can!

That's pretty accurate actually. If Iron Man decided to trade punches with Colossus, IM would get thrashed HARD.

And really, it all depends on what IM blasts him with I think. Colossus is DAMN durable and resiliant. I believe most of IM's blasts will prove ineffective against Colossus' tough hide.

But yea...I'd probably give Iron Man the advantage due to flight and energy projection abilities.

badabing
Originally posted by Grimm22
Current Iron Man wins this

Unless Tony is stupid enougth to try to fight H2H (which he isnt), then Iron Man takes this one.
Co-signed. cool

Rewmac
I wouldn't be so sure....Colossus sucked in some serious blast (616 and Ultimate too) and nothing happened to him...Guy surviving nukes can beat Iron Man...

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by spetznaz
It would depend on what armor Tony Starks is wearing, and also on what Colossus we are talking about. The SKIN Ironman armor is extremely strong. On the other hand, Colossus currently seems to have become much much stronger. Strong enough to beat the Hulk (that is until the Hulk gets angry enough, and consequently strong enough, to near smash anything and anyone. But at the beginning of the fight the new Colossus would mess the Hulk up ....for a time).
NB: I am talking about the recent Colossus, not the old one that could be beaten up by everyone from Rogue to the Thing! The current Colossus is super-mighty!
Anyways, at the end of the day i'd give the win to Tony Starks. As long as Ironman doesn't trade blows with Colossus he will win. He'd just need to keep to a high altitude, and just blast away at Colossus.
Thus ....Iron man.
However, if he thinks Colossus is still at his old power levels and decides to get into fisticuffs with him .....then Ironman will be opened up like a tin can!

I disagree with a lot of this, which is a surprise as i usually agree with a lot of what you say.

'The SKIN Ironman armor is extremely strong. On the other hand, Colossus currently seems to have become much much stronger. Strong enough to beat the Hulk (that is until the Hulk gets angry enough, and consequently strong enough, to near smash anything and anyone. But at the beginning of the fight the new Colossus would mess the Hulk up ....for a time).
NB: I am talking about the recent Colossus, not the old one that could be beaten up by everyone from Rogue to the Thing! The current Colossus is super-mighty!'

I am having difficulties understanding where you attained such an opinion. I have yet to see Wheeldons 'Astoninshing' revamp of colossus perform any feat, to suggest he is in the same strength division as the Hulk. I have yet to see any evidence to distinguish him from his old power levels. Therefore i conclude that he would have no chance against current Iron man, who has been most impressive since merging with the nano-tech. smile

crucifixio
co-sign.........Piotr hasn't done anything impressive enuff to show me that his strength levels have increased to match REAL heavy hitters like Hulk n Marko....there is no way he could beat Tony who is accustomed to taking down powerhouses

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by crucifixio
co-sign.........Piotr hasn't done anything impressive enuff to show me that his strength levels have increased to match REAL heavy hitters like Hulk n Marko....there is no way he could beat Tony who is accustomed to taking down powerhouses

'who is accustomed to taking down powerhouses'

I wouldn't say he is accustomed to beating powerhouses, but rarely has any problems with taking them on. Iron man has far too much in his Arsenal to have any difficulties against Colossus. IMO Iron may even be stronger and possibly more durable. smile

Rewmac
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
'who is accustomed to taking down powerhouses'

I wouldn't say he is accustomed to beating powerhouses, but rarely has any problems with taking them on. Iron man has far too much in his Arsenal to have any difficulties against Colossus. IMO Iron may even be stronger and possibly more durable. smile I disagree with you. When we seen in comics Iron Man's armor can be demaed and Colossus got the strenght to do that...Even though Iron Man has lots of arsenal with him it might be not enough...Colossus has taken huge blasts during his appearences, even a Sentinel blast had no effect on him and so and so....I wouldn't say that more durable...

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Rewmac
I disagree with you. When we seen in comics Iron Man's armor can be demaed and Colossus got the strenght to do that...Even though Iron Man has lots of arsenal with him it might be not enough...Colossus has taken huge blasts during his appearences, even a Sentinel blast had no effect on him and so and so....I wouldn't say that more durable...

I'm pretty sure Iron man's concussive blasts are more powerful than the average Sentinels one .... Iron man has knocked out the Hulk twice, and has beaten Thor on more than one occasion. His Armour has withstood full strikes from Moljnir. Colossus has no way of creating force on this level. smile

Rewmac
Im pretty sure Iron man's concussive blasts are more powerful than the average Senttinels one .... Iron man has knocked out the Hulk twice, and has beaten Thor on more than one ocassion. His Armour has withstood full strikes from Moljnir. Colossus has no way of creating force on this level. smile Damn...I forgot that...Next time don't be so loud though big grinbig grin

Lucid Lui
Stark wins...

R.O.T. Yahman
Damn...I forgot that...Next time don't be so loud though big grinbig grin

Dont be so loud ?????? confused

Rewmac
Dont be so loud ?????? confused Nevermind...It was like a bad joke something like that not everyone should know that....But nevermind....

R.O.T. Yahman
Nevermind...It was like a bad joke something like that not everyone should know that....But nevermind....

I see .... smile

samishe
Ironman wins this due to his weapons, but in h2h I give it to colossus. Ironman is less mobile when he fights on the groung.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by samishe
Ironman wins this due to his weapons, but in h2h I give it to colossus. Ironman is less mobile when he fights on the groung.

But stronger and probably more durable. smile

samishe
Stronger maybe, but not more durable.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by samishe
Stronger maybe, but not more durable.

Opinions don't really mean much on here.

Rewmac
This isn't opinion. Colossus is more durable...According to comics and handbooks...They are on the same level....

samishe
Opinions don't really mean much on here.

I'm trying to be patriotic here. Do you MIND?! stick out tongue

R.O.T. Yahman
This isn't opinion. Colossus is more durable...

In fact i think you'll find it is an opinion, if not backed up with evidence. smile

grey fox
How in the hell can IM win this.

Colossus's body has 'been heated to the temperature of a star' before ,
on panel ! .

And suddenly everyone thinks that he's going to go down to some puny blasts.

I don't think osinum is magnetic and IM is outclassed in strength.

Tony goes down hard.

samishe
In fact i think you'll find it is an opinion, if not backed up with evidence. smile

"But stronger and probably more durable."

Why, this was? smile

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by grey fox

on panel ! .

I don't think osinum is magnetic and IM is outclassed in strength.

Tony goes down hard. Iron Man's blasts aren't puny. He's knocked out Silver Surfer with them on full power.

Rewmac
Iron Man

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/7182/page0170vw.th.jpg

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/696/page0186ot.th.jpg

Colossus

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7568/05streetsamuraidcp126nl.th.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/700/05streetsamuraidcp136gr.th.jpg

Rewmac
Colossus can overcome himself very quickly in a battle...Where Tony can't since it's an armor based on computer..

grey fox
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Iron Man's blasts aren't puny. He's knocked out Silver Surfer with them on full power.

...and.

Iron-man knocked the hulk 'on full power'

Also Dracula ***** slapped surfer down a flight of stairs...... knocking over surfer is not a particularly hard thing to do.

R.O.T. Yahman

on panel ! .

I don'tt think osinum is magnetic and IM is outclassed in strength.

Tony goes down hard.

I don' read a lot of X-men, as I believe it can have negative effects on ones intelligence. What i have read, has suggested that Colossus is no-where near as invincible as you are suggesting, mate.

For example, it maybe impossible to hurt Colossus with heat, but Tony Stark is a intelligent guy and therefore can probably see that it would be retarded to do so. Concussive force blasts, have very little to do with heat. They rely mainly on P.S.I impact force, rather than molecular dist-integration. In other words they are energy punches, not heat rays.

Although Colossus is durable, i have yet to see any evidence that he can withstand the full brunt of a Hulk-buster punch. Or a range Thor stopping Concussive force blasts. Colossus has been downed by the likes of Ord and Danger, who couldn't hope to replicate the force of a Hulk buster punch. Iron man wins, by some distance.

R.O.T. Yahman

Also Dracula ***** slapped surfer down a flight of stairs...... knocking over surfer is not a particularly hard thing to do.

I disagree, i've seen She Hulk tw@t him in the face at full strength and he barely flinched. smile

crucifixio
Negative.........with his new nano-tech suit I've seen IM take on the Hulk n a fistfight and fare well...Colossus just doesn't have the strength or experience to handle IM....he's a low-level powerhouse n MU and IM has taken on cosmic entities and lived to tell the tale. AND since when can Piotr take temp extremes up to the heat of a star....u will mos def need scans to back up those claims

R.O.T. Yahman
Negative.........with his new nano-tech suit I've seen IM take on the Hulk n a fistfight and fare well...Colossus just doesn't have the strength or experience to handle IM....he's a low-level powerhouse n MU and IM has taken on cosmic entities and lived to tell the tale. AND since when can Piotr take temp extremes up to the heat of a star....u will mos def need scans to back up those claims

Agreed , although the first word has little to do with the rest of your post ? confused

Rewmac
Who said Iron Man is in Hulk-Buster armor??? And mybe Tony did somethings in the past to guys, but it doesn't automatically means he does it everytime...."Colossus Respect Thread" if you want some more info...

Rewmac
IronMan had his sneak repulsor rays and shot Colossus in the back while he had a fight with She-Hulk thank recovered fast and took Iron Man down for the rest of the comic...

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8165/uncannyxmenannual07page152ag.th.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7016/uncannyxmenannual07page174rq.th.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9833/uncannyxmenannual07page181tc.th.jpg

R.O.T. Yahman
Who said Iron Man is in Hulk-Buster armor??? And mybe Tony did somethings in the past to guys, but it doesn't automatically means he does it everytime...."Colossus Respect Thread" if you want some more info...

Ehhh what kind of logic is this .... Just because Iron man has been more impressive in the past, doesn't mean he will win this one ? W.T.F.

Isn't the point of debating, reminiscing past events to come to a future conclusion ?

B.T.W. on the two occasions he knocked out the Hulk, he wasn't wearing the Hulk buster suit. smile

Rewmac
Maybe...But Colossus is far too underestimated on KMC...And Avenger members are so high there...Colossus is guy who steps in front of a tank and stops it with no effort, crushing down buildings with ease, takin' big ass blast and still he is up...

Accel
Iron Man has magnetic repulsers. He could lift Colossus up and spin him around without even touching him like he did to the Hulk.

R.O.T. Yahman
Maybe...But Colossus is far too underestimated on KMC...And Avenger members are so high there...Colossus is guy who steps in front of a tank and stops it with no effort, crushing down buildings with ease, takin' big ass blast and still he is up...

IMO he's overated .... if he was illustrated as powerful as he is in the Ultimate branch, you would maybe have a case. smile

blind faith
yeah cool fight, two of my favorite characters!!! but it's hard to say, Iron Man or Collosus Iron Man or Collosus argghh!!! I can't decide...

well ok Iron Man wins 7/10 IMO but Collosus puts up a good fight.

TheKahn
Iron Man wins 10/10. All Tony as to do is fly 50 feet into the air and hit Colossus with repulsor blasts or other long range attacks until Colossus goes down. Unless Tony fights like an complete idiot and forgets the advantages that his suit gives him against a non-flyer such as Colossus, then I can't see how he would lose. All the strength in the world is usless if you can't actually hit your opponent.

grey fox
Ehhh what kind of logic is this .... Just because Iron man has been more impressive in the past, doesn't mean he will win this one ? W.T.F.

Isn't the point of debating, reminiscing past events to come to a future conclusion ?

B.T.W. on the two occasions he knocked out the Hulk, he wasn't wearing the Hulk buster suit. smile

...and on those two occasions he had to use up every ounce of juice in the suit. He almost died each time , hell if marvel didn't have him as a semi-title character he probably would have ....

crucifixio
Even by KMC standards where (unless stated otherwise by the threads creator) characters enter the proposed battles at their best (which should be the Ultimate uber-vesion of Colossus and present version of IM). Colossus still doesnt present enough of a challenge to beat Tony. Just aint happening folks. Tony ALSO has, which most people seem to forget, the ability to manipulate and create magnetic fields.....against a character composed solely of metal, thats Tony's trump card.

grey fox
Even by KMC standards where (unless stated otherwise by the threads creator) characters enter the proposed battles at their best (which should be the Ultimate uber-vesion of Colossus and present version of IM). Colossus still doesnt present enough of a challenge to beat Tony. Just aint happening folks. Tony ALSO has, which most people seem to forget, the ability to manipulate and create magnetic fields.....against a character composed solely of metal, thats Tony's trump card.

Osnium may not be magnetic though

DarkCrawler
Ultimate Colossus isn't really normal Colossus on his best because...well, they aren't even the same character.

crucifixio
Ultimate Colossus isn't really normal Colossus on his best because...well, they aren't even the same character.

How so? Are they both not the same character? His name is still Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin

TheKahn
How so? Are they both not the same character? His name is still Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin

Well for starters Ult. Colossus is gay, has vunerable eyes (unlike 616 Colossus), has a differnet backstory, is younger, and seems to have started out stronger than 616 Colossus.

Swanky-Tuna
Osnium may not be magnetic though
Hasn't Magneto Magneto'd him? Or did his metal get a buff?

Rewmac
Well Ultimate Colossus got up and punched Magneto when he was usin' his magnetic power to keep Colossus on the floor...

crucifixio
Its the same base character....some of what your saying is irrelevant(especially about him being gay), Ultimate Colossus is stronger than the 616 version and since the threads creator did not specifically state that it was 616 rather than Ultimate it is assumed thats the version he meant.

Swanky-Tuna
Its the same base character....some of what your saying is irrelevant(especially about him being gay), Ultimate Colossus is stronger than the 616 version and since the threads creator did not specifically state that it was 616 rather than Ultimate it is assumed thats the version he meant.
Assumed that it's which version? 616?

DarkCrawler

If it says Colossus, it's 616. If it says Ultimate Colossus, it's Ultimate Colossus. wink

crucifixio
roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well, it's true. yes

Grimm22

True but all Iron Man has to do is fly up in the air and blast him for a while.

Accel
Also, like I stated before, there's this:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3481/featsspinshulkwithrepulsors4ni.th.jpg

Grimm22
Well Ultimate Colossus got up and punched Magneto when he was usin' his magnetic power to keep Colossus on the floor...

Which made absolutly no sense laughing

snoopdogg
Iron Man is not more duable than Colosssus. Read Secret Wars #12.

Colossus has taken IM's repulsor blasts one time with no trouble. And best of all it was when Colossus wasn't expecting it and still was unharmed and grabbed IM in flight and slammed him into the ground.

He has also taken a blast from a tank that was made out of the same technology that IM's rupulsor blasts are made out of and got right back up like he wasn't even hit.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/Colossustakingrepulsarblast.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/Colossus_Spiderwoman5.jpg
(Nothing to do with IM but cool feat)

IM can do the fly 50ft in the air and blast Colossus all day but how long can IM do that? And how many can Colossus take? Well I think he can take alot of those blast if he is expecting them.

Tough fight though but I give IM the slight edge.

snoopdogg
Which made absolutly no sense laughing Sure it did. It's called "raw power".

Grimm22
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Sure it did. It's called "raw power".

Oh come on, Magneto can lift up about 10 sentinals and rearrange their systems at the same time, but he cant keep Colossus on the ground?

BS

snoopdogg
Oh come on, Magneto can lift up about 10 sentinals and rearrange their systems at the same time, but he cant keep Colossus on the ground?

BS Not BS.

"Raw power"

Mags lifted more like 100 Sentinels. Ult. Colossus is f*cking beast in the strength department.

Grimm22
Not BS.

"Raw power"

Mags lifted more like 100 Sentinels. Ult. Colossus is f*cking beast in the strength department.

That still dosent make sense What the f**k?

TheKahn
Not BS.

"Raw power"

Then why couldn't he have lifted Ult. Colossus a few feet into the air thereby making him helpless? wink

snoopdogg
That still dosent make sense What the f**k? I'm not surprized.

Grimm22
I'm not surprized.

ok then well considering all you have said is raw power, then yeah it dosent make sense

snoopdogg
Originally posted by TheKahn
Then why couldn't he have lifted Ult. Colossus a few feet into the air thereby making him helpless? wink He could have. But the fact remains that Colossus overpowered Magneto with strength.

It's written in stone.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by TheKahn
Then why couldn't he have lifted Ult. Colossus a few feet into the air thereby making him helpless? wink Actually now that I think about it Mags was overconfident and thought that he could just stop him dead in his tracks. But he underestimated the strength of Colossus.

Mags won't make the same mistake twice.

snoopdogg

Colossus has taken IM's repulsor blasts one time with no trouble. And best of all it was when Colossus wasn't expecting it and still was unharmed and grabbed IM in flight and slammed him into the ground.

He has also taken a blast from a tank that was made out of the same technology that IM's rupulsor blasts are made out of and got right back up like he wasn't even hit.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/Colossustakingrepulsarblast.jpg

IM can do the fly 50ft in the air and blast Colossus all day but how long can IM do that? And how many can Colossus take? Well I think he can take alot of those blast if he is expecting them.

Tough fight though but I give IM the slight edge. A little something I forgot to add to this.

Colossus is the crazy motherf*cker who jumps in front of energy attacks on purpose.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5653206
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/Uncanny_X-Men_286_-_18.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/ColossusblockinXmen_AF_1.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/ColossusXmicro4.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/Colossusunc131.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossusandDeathbird.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossusuncanny200.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossusuncanny2002.jpg

superman41082
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
In a fist fight, I say that Colossus takes it. However, if Iron Man is fighting normally, I don't think that Colossus can really do anything if Tony just uses his repulsers while flying around.

Yeah.......... Colossus can't jump like Hulk can he? There would have to be debris around that Colossus could throw at Ironman, or else he would just be blasted. Also, I know Ironman's blasts and whatnots in his suit can cause lots of damage, but enough to put Colossus down? I just don't know. I think that eventually Colossus would catch up with Ironman and rip his suit to shreds, but the Stark would karate chop him in the head and send Piotr crying to Professor X(lol). Ok, I'm of course kidding. I personally think Colossus would take this eventually because he can take more punishment than Ironman can dish. It might take him a while to catch up, but he'd get him I think.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by superman41082
Yeah.......... Colossus can't jump like Hulk can he? I don't think he can jump like Hulk but Colossus can leap pretty well is he has to.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossusleapin.jpg

crucifixio
I do believe u all r over-rating Piotr a bit

Psyquis52
I do believe u all r over-rating Piotr a bit

Agreed.

Iron Man should win this more times than not. It won't be fun but I think he should take it.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Agreed.

Iron Man should win this more times than not. It won't be fun but I think he should take it. IM has a better chance to win probably but he has to rely on his suit while Colossus does not have to worry about malfunctions etc.

IronMans repulsor blasts are not gonna help him at all I think. His best bet is to use his magnet attack but I'm not so sure that is strong enough to control the stength of Colossus.

crucifixio
IM has a better chance to win probably but he has to rely on his suit while Colossus does not have to worry about malfunctions etc.

IronMans repulsor blasts are not gonna help him at all I think. His best bet is to use his magnet attack but I'm not so sure that is strong enough to control the stength of Colossus.

Dude, Colossus is not as strong as you all are making him out to be. And since when has IM's suit malfunctioned

snoopdogg
Dude, Colossus is not as strong as you all are making him out to be. And since when has IM's suit malfunctioned I am not saying it will, I'm saying it could.

Colossus is stronger than IM. He has to rely on energy sources to attain a high degree of strengh. Colossus has his strength regardless.

If Colossus can knock Nirmrod out with a judo smash he should be able to do some damage to IM.

jasofisc
agreed snoop new Colossus could walk through IM blast and then smash him. i give advantage to IM though just because of his intelect. their close enought in power to where IM could think of a way to beat him. Mind you I don't know what that would be perhapps puting all his power into one punch but that's all I have.

Psyquis52
IM has a better chance to win probably but he has to rely on his suit while Colossus does not have to worry about malfunctions etc.

Can't argue with that. smile

nwg202
IM would probablly win....too versatile. Iron Man in standard armor 6 out of 10. If colossus gets a hold of him though..hes dead. What weapon does IM have in his standard armor that can really give colossus a beating? Im just really curious. Hulk or thor buster armor..IM win 9/10

DarkCrawler
I don't think Iron Man has ever unleashed his full potential repulsor blasts at Colossus, though.

Rewmac
Mybe yes maybe not but if Colossus starts throwing too much heavy things at him one might hit him hard enough to make some system malfuction a bit, or just throw a car or something like that hard enough to Iron Man's legs (where the key of his flying is) and Tony might not be fast enough for some aura attacks...And then flying is over...Like Snoop Dogg said malfunctions happen nearly everytime with Iron Man...I love the fella...I'm a Colossus fanboy but there has to be a little chance for Colossus to win this fight...Even though Iron Man got more chance...

GODSCRIBE
All Tony has to do is stay out of his reach and blast him. Colossus can take a lot of damage, but render him unconcious and he's done for.

DarkCrawler
Mybe yes maybe not but if Colossus starts throwing too much heavy things at him one might hit him hard enough to make some system malfuction a bit, or just throw a car or something like that hard enough to Iron Man's legs (where the key of his flying is) and Tony might not be fast enough for some aura attacks...And then flying is over...Like Snoop Dogg said malfunctions happen nearly everytime with Iron Man...I love the fella...I'm a Colossus fanboy but there has to be a little chance for Colossus to win this fight...Even though Iron Man got more chance...

Current Iron Man would dodge it like nothing. His reaction time and multitasking is insane because of the whole Extremis thing. His reaction time is in milliseconds, literally.

crucifixio
Current Iron Man would dodge it like nothing. His reaction time and multitasking is insane because of the whole Extremis thing. His reaction time is in milliseconds, literally.

CO-SIGN to the 10th power.........finally someone who has been keeping up. IMs' new suit is contained within his nervous system. He is able to transform as quickly as Banner is able to change into the Hulk. Meaning his responce/reaction time is greatly improved.

R.O.T. Yahman

Tough fight though but I give IM the slight edge.

When was the secret wars written, i believe over 20 years of technological upgrades have been made since then. I'll admit i have reservations over the power of the repulsor rays, but i am certain that Tony is far stronger and more durable than Current Colossus. The second time Iron man knocked out the Hulk, he had plenty of energy to spare. The scans show that Colossus can withstand a single blast, but continual blasts are going to have far more effect. Tony's current suit is powered by a form of Fusion reaction, meaning he has plenty of energy available to him. During the recent Avengers run, his force field was able to withstand a near nuclear explosion, the force of which Colossus has NO CHANCE of replicating. His force fields were also used to defend Bob Reynolds from the Void. I've seen earlier editions of Tony suit lift objects weighing thousands of tons, without running out of gas. Is there any evidence to suggest that Colossus can do the same ? smile

snoopdogg
Current Iron Man would dodge it like nothing. His reaction time and multitasking is insane because of the whole Extremis thing. His reaction time is in milliseconds, literally. That didn't help him when Namor kicked his @ss recently...........

snoopdogg
When was the secret wars written, i believe over 20 years of technological upgrades have been made since then. I'll admit i have reservations over the power of the repulsor rays, but i am certain that Tony is far stronger and more durable than Current Colossus. The second time Iron man knocked out the Hulk, he had plenty of energy to spare. The scans show that Colossus can withstand a single blast, but continual blasts are going to have far more effect. Tony's current suit is powered by a form of Fusion reaction, meaning he has plenty of energy available to him. During the recent Avengers run, his force field was able to withstand a near nuclear explosion, the force of which Colossus has NO CHANCE of replicating. His force fields were also used to defend Bob Reynolds from the Void. I've seen earlier editions of Tony suit lift objects weighing thousands of tons, without running out of gas. Is there any evidence to suggest that Colossus can do the same ? smile I dislike the whole IM character completely. I mean think about it. That suit should be heavy as hell and the way hydraulics and pneumatics works it makes no sense that IM can move fast enough to actually fight somebody. Sure I can see him flying fast and all but when he is grounded he should be a sititng duck. I know this is comics and sciences and physics do not apply so I'll let that slide.

Anyways I am dying to see your proof that IM is "far" stronger and more durable than Colossus.

Accel
That didn't help him when Namor kicked his @ss recently...........
That was the classic armor. He received the Extremis upgrade after the Illumati split up.

His recent fight with Crimson Dynamo was a great showing for how significantly his speed, reaction times, and overall abilities have increased.

nwg202
well..thats the problem when u fight IM. Since hes technological hero, he get upgrades galore just like a laptop. New year...new model. I guess a writer can just create a suit that can beat galactus if he wanted. haha but im guessin an iron man written to his normal potential would be an even match for colossus. How many times have we seen colossus hold his own against IM...quite a few.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by nwg202
well..thats the problem when u fight IM. Since hes technological hero, he get upgrades galore just like a laptop. New year...new model. I guess a writer can just create a suit that can beat galactus if he wanted. haha but im guessin an iron man written to his normal potential would be an even match for colossus. How many times have we seen colossus hold his own against IM...quite a few. Good point g.

IM is a character that the writer can create a suit/upgrade that has any power he needs to win a fight.

DarkCrawler
That didn't help him when Namor kicked his @ss recently........... He didn't have Extremis then. smile

Besides, Namor is faster then Colossus. wink

Tony Stark
Originally posted by nwg202
well..thats the problem when u fight IM. Since hes technological hero, he get upgrades galore just like a laptop. New year...new model. I guess a writer can just create a suit that can beat galactus if he wanted. haha but im guessin an iron man written to his normal potential would be an even match for colossus. How many times have we seen colossus hold his own against IM...quite a few.

confused

Ehhhh...

Colossus has held his own against Iron Man quite a few times?

confused

Care to put a ball park # on that?

Iron Man can go toe to toe with The HULK and knock his ass OUT... But he can't handle a heads up with Colossuss' flaming ass...

You guys are reading too much X-everything (stop that you'll grow hair on your palms) and your forgetting Iron Man is now EXTREMIS whatever shot (how ever slim Colossus had before) He has 0 chance now.

wink

crucifixio
AWESOME PIC

R.O.T. Yahman
I dislike the whole IM character completely. I mean think about it. That suit should be heavy as hell and the way hydraulics and pneumatics works it makes no sense that IM can move fast enough to actually fight somebody. Sure I can see him flying fast and all but when he is grounded he should be a sititng duck. I know this is comics and sciences and physics do not apply so I'll let that slide.

Anyways I am dying to see your proof that IM is "far" stronger and more durable than Colossus.

Its all in the Resepct Iron Man thread ....

He's lifted the National monument in Washington D.C.,

He caught entire parts of large Skyscrapers,

He's helped the Avengers Catch a piece of a floating Island which weighed Millions of tons, and then help throw it.

He's Knocked out the Hulk twice, and Thor once. He's also beaten Thor on more than two occasions primarily using punches.

IMO Colossus is incapable of performing any of these feats of strength. Infact there is no evidence to suggest that he can lift much more than 100 tons. Iron Man quantify, is at least 10 times stronger than Colossus,

Its Ironic that your using science against a character who in my opinions seems a TINY bit more realistic than a man made out of...... ummmmm 'Organic Steel' ???????? confused

Sam Z
Dude! 10 times?! What the f**k?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Sam Z
Dude! 10 times?! What the f**k?

A Kilo ton is 10 x heavier than 100 tons, so yeah at least 10 times. But statistical multiple's in strength, rarely mean too much in comic book universes. Thats why a fight between the Thing and the Hulk are not as one sided as they should be. There are many examples of this .... Thor vs Hyde, Wonder Woman vs Giganta, Superman vs Wonder Woman, Aquaman vs Superman. There are literally hundreds of examples of fights, when characters are multiple times stronger than their opponents. smile

Sam Z
Here Colossus support weight that is above 100 tonnes.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...tWars009-09.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...tWars009-10.jpg
I seriously doubt that IronMan could support weight 10 times bigger than that.

Oh, and this one is also interesting.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...pulsarblast.jpg

Sam Z
Damn, not working...

DarkCrawler
Here Colossus support weight that is above 100 tonnes.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...tWars009-09.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...tWars009-10.jpg
I seriously doubt that IronMan could support weight 10 times bigger than that.

Oh, and this one is also interesting.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...pulsarblast.jpg

Links don't work. :/

R.O.T. Yahman
Damn, not working...

I don't know about you .... but according to my matmatical abilities 100's of KILO-tons are more than 100 tons. smile

Sam Z
I don't know about you .... but according to my matmatical abilities 100's of KILO-tons are more than 100 tons. smile

I'm impressed with your mathematical abilities smile but when did Ironman lifted that much? I don't think those buldings were SO heavy.

R.O.T. Yahman
I'm impressed with your mathematical abilities smile but when did Ironman lifted that much? I don't think those buldings were SO heavy.

No but during an Avengers run, he was forced to lift a a ball of mass weighing millions of tons ! smile

Sam Z
No but during an Avengers run, he was forced to lift a a ball of mass weighing millions of tons ! smile

By himself?

Soleran
By himself?

With Thor, Vision, IM and I think Hercules but divide that by 4 and thats a lot of weight each is holding then throwingsmile

Sam Z
Originally posted by Soleran
With Thor, Vision, IM and I think Hercules but divide that by 4 and thats a lot of weight each is holding then throwingsmile

You can't just devide that by 4. I mean if I were standing there and "holding" it with them it wouldn't mean I supported 1/5 of the whole weight. smile Ironman might've supporting only 1/100 or even 1/1000.

Soleran
You can't just devide that by 4. I mean if I were standing there and "holding" it with them it wouldn't mean I supported 1/5 of the whole weight. smile Ironman might've supporting only 1/100 or even 1/1000.

Uh if I had the picture I would show you but not really, each of them is holding up a different spot and they all threw it into the ocean! He was holding more then 100tons of it.

Sam Z
Well OK, but i still doubt it was more than 1000 tonnes.

R.O.T. Yahman
Uh if I had the picture I would show you but not really, each of them is holding up a different spot and they all threw it into the ocean! He was holding more then 100tons of it.

The object weighs millions of tons, they created enough force to throw it from inside Manhattan into the sea. I think he was creating a LOT more force than a single Kilo ton. smile

Sam Z
The object weighs millions of tons, they created enough force to throw it from inside Manhattan into the sea. I think he was creating a LOT more force than a single Kilo ton. smile

If IronMan is that strong then why didn't he helped Hulk to support that mountain in secret wars? stick out tongue
Anyway, what makes you think that object weights millionS of tonnes?

R.O.T. Yahman
If IronMan is that strong then why didn't he helped Hulk to support that mountain in secret wars? stick out tongue
Anyway, what makes you think that object weights millionS of tonnes?

'Anyway, what makes you think that object weights millionS of tonnes'

They state it does ....

'If IronMan is that strong then why didn't he helped Hulk to support that mountain in secret wars'

Two explanaitions...

One, Iron man had run out of energy, b4 that incident

two, What a 100's kilo tons, to an object that weighs Billions of tons. Its like an ant helping you to weight lift. smile

Sam Z
'Anyway, what makes you think that object weights millionS of tonnes'

They state it does ....

'If IronMan is that strong then why didn't he helped Hulk to support that mountain in secret wars'

Two explanaitions...

One, Iron man had run out of energy, b4 that incident

two, What a 100's kilo tons, to an object that weighs Billions of tons. Its like an ant helping you to weight lift. smile

OK, concider you convinced me but in this case Marvel should update their directory... smile

R.O.T. Yahman
OK, concider you convinced me but in this case Marvel should update their directory... smile

IMO, the directories should act as a rough guide rather than be taken literally as evidence. I can assure you writers ignore them, although they are fun to use. smile

Sam Z
Yep, we (comicbook readers) can write about Marvel characters better than Marvel writers.smile

Soleran
Well OK, but i still doubt it was more than 1000 tonnes.

There we go, millions of tons gone for the long toss!

R.O.T. Yahman
Yep, we (comicbook readers) can write about Marvel characters better than Marvel writers.smile

In the case of most X-books and most of Marvels cosmic stuff, i agree. But most of the comics being published by D.C. at the moment, are sublime. They have all the best writers (with the exception of Mark Miller). smile

Sam Z
There we go, millions of tons gone for the long toss!

Nah, that doesn't really mean anything, he said that because it sounded cool. Spider-man once lifted weight that according to him Hulk couldn't lift.

R.O.T. Yahman
Nah, that doesn't really mean anything, he said that because it sounded cool. Spider-man once lifted weight that according to him Hulk couldn't lift.

Mate that ball was an Entire island, compressed by graviton into a single ball, It was falling from 100 feets in the air. Thor stated that preventing the object from landing would probably kill all of them. smile

Sam Z
Mate that ball was an Entire island, compressed by graviton into a single ball, It was falling from 100 feets in the air. Thor stated that preventing the object from landing would probably kill all of them. smile

I'm not arguing that, but MILLION TONNES?!!!smile

R.O.T. Yahman
I'm not arguing that, but MILLION TONNES?!!!smile

Mate an oil tanker weighs 100's thousands of tons, This island had a far greater radius than any oil tanker, and it was solid, where an oil tanker is hollow. Trust me mate they weren't exaggerating.

Sam Z
Mate an oil tanker weighs 100's thousands of tons, This island had a far greater radius than any oil tanker, and it was solid, where an oil tanker is hollow. Trust me mate they weren't exaggerating.

The conclusion is: Ironman could lift 1000000 tons...smile

R.O.T. Yahman
The conclusion is: Ironman could lift 1000000 tons...smile

At full energy, maybe. But he's usually around the Kilo ton strength ! smile

In other words a lot stronger than Colossus who has yet to show he can lift much more than a few hundred tons. smile

Metalmanx
Again, not arguing that Colossus would win the majority, but I believe that Iron Man decided to take this battle with fisticuffs, he would be soundly defeated.

But Iron Man 7/10.

Sam Z
This thing weights more than 100 tons.smile

snoopdogg

IMO Colossus is incapable of performing any of these feats of strength. Infact there is no evidence to suggest that he can lift much more than 100 tons. Iron Man quantify, is at least 10 times stronger than Colossus,

10x stronger than Colossus? laughing Try again homie.

If he was that much stronger then how come he couldn't break this hold? big grin

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/ColossusandIMIW2.jpg

"Let me Go" Happy Dance

R.O.T. Yahman
This thing weights more than 100 tons.smile

Yes it probably does, but i doubt it weighs Kilo tons. smile

snoopdogg
With Thor, Vision, IM and I think Hercules but divide that by 4 and thats a lot of weight each is holding then throwingsmile That is funny. But Thor is capable of holding that weight by himself. eek!

R.O.T. Yahman

If he was that much stronger then how come he couldn't break this hold? big grin

"Let me Go" Happy Dance

I'm sorry my friend, but there wasn't sufficient time to coherently see what Iron mans full strength could do. smile

snoopdogg
I'm sorry my friend, but there wasn't sufficient time to coherently see what Iron mans full strength could do. smile If IM was 10x stronger than Colossus(which he isn't) he should have broken that hold easily.

He could not.

R.O.T. Yahman
If I'm was 10x stronger than Colossus(which he isn't) he should have broken that hold easily.

He could not.

I'm sure i could rap my arms around Mike Tyson, but i wouldn't be able to do it for long. But if you took my picture at the exact point i had my arms around him, some one could interpret the scenario out of context. smile

snoopdogg
I'm sure i could rap my arms around Mike Tyson, but i wouldn't be able to do it for long. But if you took my picture at the exact point i had my arms around him, some one could interpret the scenario out of context. smile But Mike Tyson would not say "let go of me" he would just break the hold and bite your ear off.

batdude123
Ironman wins.

Doctor SKank
But Mike Tyson would not say "let go of me" he would just break the hold and bite your ear off.

Lol .... fair enough, but Iron man is not Mike Tyson. smile

snoopdogg
Its all in the Resepct Iron Man thread ....

He's lifted the National monument in Washington D.C.,

He caught entire parts of large Skyscrapers,

He's helped the Avengers Catch a piece of a floating Island which weighed Millions of tons, and then help throw it.

He's Knocked out the Hulk twice, and Thor once. He's also beaten Thor on more than two occasions primarily using punches.

Its Ironic that your using science against a character who in my opinions seems a TINY bit more realistic than a man made out of...... ummmmm 'Organic Steel' ???????? confused How many of those feats did he use his jet-boots?

Give Colossus some jet-boots and he can do some hella sh!t too.

Doctor SKank
How many of those feats did he use his jet-boots?

Clutching straws my friend ! smile

DarkCrawler
How many of those feats did he use his jet-boots?

I don't see how jet boots can help you in punching...and I am pretty sure he was grounded when lifting that million ton thing with the other guys.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Doctor SKank
Clutching straws my friend ! smile No not at all. Do Jet-boots count as physical strength?

Oh and back to the full-nelson IM couldn't get out of. If it wasn't for IM saying "let go of me" you guys would have a viable argument. Plus he was in it for two panels and a conversation between Hulk and Cap.

snoopdogg
I don't see how jet boots can help you in punching...and I am pretty sure he was grounded when lifting that million ton thing with the other guys. He was grounded. But Thor lifted the serpeant and you guys are telling me that IM leifted 1/4 of that weight?

I don't think so.

DarkCrawler
No not at all. Do Jet-boots count as physical strength?

Oh and back to the full-nelson IM couldn't get out of. If it wasn't for IM saying "let go of me" you guys would have a viable argument. Plus he was in it for two panels and a conversation between Hulk and Cap.

Maybe he just wanted to reason with them?

snoopdogg
Maybe he just wanted to reason with them? Nope. He shot at Wolverine right before that. The time for reasoning was over at that point.

DarkCrawler
Okay.

TheKahn
whistling

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070084ek.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070093vd.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070108sz.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070115eq.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070122ln.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070136qt.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070144ki.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070152ma.jpg

(*Credit goes to Sixth Winged for the scans)

DarkCrawler
I was looking for those scans. big grin Nice.

crucifixio
GREAT SCANS

Grimm22

"Let me Go" Happy Dance

Well to be fair that was Iron Man's imposter. Iron Man is stronger today due to new armor and its pretty hard to get out of a full nelson even if you are stronger than someone wink

snoopdogg
Well to be fair that was Iron Man's imposter. Iron Man is stronger today due to new armor and its pretty hard to get out of a full nelson even if you are stronger than someone wink No that was the real Iron Man. He was just posessed by a alien symbiote type deal.

Actually getting out of a full-nelson is not very hard. Shoulder strength vs. Hand strength.

BTW in the scan Colossus tells IM to stop struggling..............

nwg202
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused
thats what i was saying...IM can get a "a new improved armor" whenever the writer feels like it so he should win more times than not. As to the old issues, i have seen a couple scans where colossus is slammin iron man to the ground..ultimate war, the one where kitty phases through him. A couple of scans of colossus restraining ironman. I have yet to see ironman manhandle colossus...if you show me a scan of than happening..so be it, then iron man can thrash colossus 10/10 times, but until i see it.....IM 6 to 7 out of 10

Ehhhh...

Colossus has held his own against Iron Man quite a few times?

confused

Care to put a ball park # on that?

Iron Man can go toe to toe with The HULK and knock his ass OUT... But he can't handle a heads up with Colossuss' flaming ass...

You guys are reading too much X-everything (stop that you'll grow hair on your palms) and your forgetting Iron Man is now EXTREMIS whatever shot (how ever slim Colossus had before) He has 0 chance now.

wink

Sam Z
Turnes out, IM isn't much stronger than Clossus (just as I was saing before)wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>