That Seatle guy that is camping out for ROTS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mortanius
I read about him on TFN, don't recall his name. So far he is the only person I know that is doing this. With the movie about four months away, I kind of wish there was a fancam of him or pics posted of him waiting. For some reason, I think it would make the wait go by a little faster.

NoFate007
He's camping out already?....Alright, I could see camping out the night before, but anything before that I think is stupid...but this....months?....this guy is f'in retarded. Its a monumental movie, but its still only a movie. I want to see it on the first show, but if I can't, I won't die.

smoker4
I think he's been there a month or two already!

Mortanius
I remember seeing ATOC the day it came out. No waiting.....

Morning_Glory
he's already there?

smoker4
Yep!

here

lame

Mortanius
I just can't see how he can afford to do that. Either he has a lot of money or he just doesn't care.

smoker4
He's selling t-shirts and other crap

Sith Master X
Remember seeing AOTC on first day also. Got there and waiting in line for 5 hours. I was one of the first ones through.

Morning_Glory
i remember seeing Episode I and I waited only 2 hours in line big grin

but I decided not to wait like that for Ep II - I saw Ep II only 5 times

Mortanius
I wonder if he waited for months for TPM? Boy, was that worth it? laughing

GABRIEL05
PAC NW REPRESENT! REPRESENT!!!!

p.s. Seattle has two T's

Mortanius
My bad! I have a step brother who lives near Seatle.

RealDeadOne
Yep, saw the dude in the news a few weeks ago.

I waited 3 days in line for my Episode I tickets. Myself (along with a friend) were the very first lined up in Eastern Canada.

SlipknoT
I rmember walking out of Episode 1 and 2 completely disapointed...

Morning_Glory
thats so stupid that he is waiting in line right now - i mean how does he eat

does he just sleep there?

he is the only one in line-- he could just show up for the movie 2 hours in advance in still be the first one no expression

Mortanius
He's obviously a big a fan, but somehow I think it has to be a gimmick to sell his stuff.

Morning_Glory
"to sell his stuff' what stuff is he selling

just to be on TV???

LandoSpeeder2
Went and saw episode II two or three weeks after it come out. I hope it will be earlier for me when RotS comes out.

Morning_Glory
ok no expression

LandoSpeeder2
This guy is an idiot!

Morning_Glory
I just dont get it ...

how can someone just sit there for 2 months! i mean just sit there.. no TV or going anywhere...

it has to be COLD! too!

Im lost

Mortanius
I really don't care if he gets cold or not. It's his dedication that earns my interest. Besides I think he gives Star Wars fans anticipation a physical form.

vader519
I read about him a couple of months ago, and I saw him in the news. I can understand camping out a couple of weeks, but not 5 months. Plus he is in Seattle, where it rains most of the time. I even heard a rum or that the movie theatre he is camping out at might not even show the movie.

TheFilmProphet
I agree,

darktim1
He planned ahead before he actually got in line their he said that on Jimmy Kimmel live that he has place to shower and eat and there is also two fans in line at theater in florida don't know which one for now may force be with you.

Morning_Glory
the film prophet- i love your Avatar !!

starwars

TheFilmProphet
Thanks Glory, happy

Xam
wat a freak!

Morning_Glory
i just dont get it confused

TheFilmProphet
Maybe he just wants all the attention, perhaps his parents never gave him the attention he seeked as a child and or teenager.

Morning_Glory
http://www.komotv.com/news/images/star_wars_fans_010505.jpg

no

TheFilmProphet
I only hope he can make it through the long wait....

Red Superfly
OK, I simply don't understand this. I have been to movies the day they have come out, and I have never waited in a queue longer than ten minutes at most.

Every Star Wars film, LOTR any big film, I've pretty much been able to walk straight in.

In fact the ONLY movie I had to really wait in a queue for was Independence Day messed

cornponious
You know, I camped out for 3 days to get tickets to TPM. And that was WAAAAY long enough.

No movie is worth standing in line THIS long. NOT EVEN REVENGE OF THE SITH.

This guy is a moron.

The One and Only Cornponious

amity75
When I came out of the cinema after seeing AOTC I sat down and started queuing for Episode III.

amity75
Then after about 20 minutes the effects of my 8 pints of Stella wore off and I got bored and went home.

OB1-adobe
What a f'ing dip sh!t. I did not have to wait to see Attack of the Clones. I showed that morning opening day, and I only had to wait for the theater to open. Got my ticket, went in, got a seat, they then told us it was in the wrong theater, moved down the hall, got a seat, then a battalion of 6 year olds sat behind me, I said "hell no!" moved down a couple of rows, got a seat, then my Dr. Pepper started leaking out of the bottom and all over the place, would've gotten another one but it was too late, movie started, movie ended, Damn! 3 more years!

Red Superfly
Ob1 you make me not want to go see ROTS now.

You reminded me of all the stupid kids in every STar Wars movie so far.

Why are kids so annoying? Why won't they sit and watch the movie? Why do some of them stand on their chairs while their parents obliviously sit next to them not giving a shit? Why must groups of kids go together? Why didn't they bring their medication so they will calm the **** down?

GABRIEL05
It doesn't rain that much in Seattle. Where did you hear that the movie theatre wasn't gonna play the movie?

guiro72
heh heh.....keep spreading the rumour so that it gets back to seattle guy and freaks him right out.....friend of mine booked tickets over the phone for everyone to go to midnight showing of tpm....for aotc i think i just turned up opening day and got a seat no problem....there's no reason to line up unless you just enjoy sitting in queues.....fair enough, but not for me....

bilbofett
So basically at this point he's not waiting in line.....he's just waiting. Like the rest of us, except he's freezing his butt off.....

guiro72
uhuh......some people dress up, some people sit on street corners for months....for me it's shameful enough that i keep ending up in these forums as often as i do....

Sith Master X
Pretty much.

I know I'll be waiting all day in line for ROTS. Can't really line up right now anyway because there's no one else in line. messed

Xam
i saw episode 1 opening weekend,episode 2 two weeks after realease(money problems) and this time ima see episode 3 at the midnigth presentation big grin

Sith Master X
If there was a midnight presentation down my way, then I'll definitely go to that.

guiro72
it was actually really cool seeing tpm at the midnight showing.....much more atmosphere than seeing aotc in the day....seriously thinking of trying to organise it for this time....

Xam
midnight is the way to go!big grin

Sith Master X
^That's what I always do as well. For AOTC, I saw it at night, and same for TPM, because exactly as you said, that atmosphere is much better at night then seeing it during the day.

guiro72
plus it's the first time it's ever been screened.....from a culturally isolated mindset at least....

smoker4
Midnight is best

OB1-adobe
Who Knows?
It was May 16th, 10 A.M

By all rights those kids should have been in Kindergarden or school by the looks of them. But no, some big fat old blonde lady dropped off like 15 of them right behind my back, and then she was like "What do you kids want?" Oh God!

"I want popcorn, I want twizzlers, I want pizza, I want milk duds, I want ice cream, Timmy did you get the new Pokemon cards, No Billy but I got the new Dijimon, Why isn't the movie starting, Stop hitting me, where is darth vader, lets have sword fights with our straws, Oh I spilt my pop and now the floor is sticky"

FUK THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
For as long and drawn out that movie was, and with the love story. It was definitly not a movie for kids

LandoSpeeder2
I've never had that problem b/c I always wait about 3 weeks before I go see a movie after all the craze is gone.

OB1-adobe
Best time to go: Wednsday night, around 9:30 P.M about a week and a half after it has been released.

I have two choices in my area:

One theater that does not have all the cool stadium seating and big screens with super sound (I saw AOTC) in this one

One theater with all the stdium seats and all the pazazz and is constsantly crowded.

Personally I'll take the 1st one

LandoSpeeder2
Yup.

I go to the mall to see the movies. It's never crowded in the theater when I go.

OB1-adobe
big grin Mall theaters!!

Though from my expierence, those usually get the crap-o-rama of the summer, and would'nt get something like star wars. They would get crap like 'Home Alone 6: the search more child actors"

§pearhead
this guy is the epitome of pathetic...

LandoSpeeder2
That's the only place I go to see movies, and they pretty much show everything their. You got to show something with 24 different screening rooms.

OB1-adobe
I guess.

Personally I only care about one release date, and one theater:

The day it comes out on DvD.

I am gettin that sucker THE DAY it is released, and baby I AM THE PREMIER!

Sith Master X
Luckily I haven't had any "little kid" problems when I've gone to see Star Wars in the past.

Mortanius
Metaphorically, we are all "waiting" in line for ROTS. This guy is just doing it literally.

As for little kids, I might sit up front for this movie. It eliminates dumbasses getting up and sitting down. However, it won't stop people behind you from making ass of themselves. mad

I wish we were going with JP - we wouldn't be having that problem smile pokey

LandoSpeeder2
Yes, now that is one thing I always do. When AOTC came out, I got it at best buy for $10.

bilbofett
I dont know whats worse, the kiddie problem or the Simpsons comic book guys who go. When we went to see TPM, the theatre was packed and my husband & I caouldnt find two seats together. So we asked this fat ass who was sitting alone would he mind moving down ONE row, and he's like 'I 've been waiting for thsi movie for years and I anit going nowhere!'......Like the rest of us just happened to 'stumble' across SW, 'Well, Leathal Weapon 14 is sold out, hey lets check out this Star Wars thing......'.........RIGHT. So the first time we went I had to sit next to that pompous idiot......

Eleonora
I live in Italy where people at the cinema are like savages in the Stone Age. Queues are inexistent, everybody passes on your f*****g face without even considering that you've been there all day long waiting while they've just arrived. And if you even complain about anything it's your fault. That's why I went to England to see TPM, unfortunately I couldn't do that for AOTC. On the other hand, the English have the nasty habit of putting their smelly feet up during the course of the entire film, it doesn't matter if there is someone in front: DISGUSTING!!!!!!. I wish I were related to the owner of a movie theatre :-(
When I went to see TPM everything went fine, whereas when I saw AOTC I suddenly felt like a serial killer: people overtaking, making nasty comments 'cause you had good seats, 7 ft tall blokes sitting in front of me, children screaming and munching away, people having tea-parties. Mind you, it was an "original sound" cinema (in Italy movies are dubbed), which means 95% were Americans plus the occasional Japanese and Brits. Isn't there a civil nation anymore?
I remember after the film ended I decided (risky!!!) to stay at the next screening as well: this woman wanted my seat so she snapped "What's the point of seeing a movie twice???" "It's STAR WARS, baby!!!"
I'm already nervous about ROTS, I'm planning sort of a military strategy.

GCG
it reminds a bit like that Mr. Bean episode:

Mr. Bean walks past a long queue outside Harrods. all the people are waiting for the famous january sales. he goes up to the very front of the line where we see what looks like someone in a sleeping bag with DO NOT DISTURB on it.
Mr. Bean opens the sleeping bag and inside is an inflatable doll ! he deflates it, packs up everyting and hey presto ! he's first in the line ! laughing out loud

waynerobsonuk
I was lucky enough to see the AOTC in the only digital cinema in my area, fantastic sound...The Works! and it was only a few weeks before they shut it down and moved it sad

The worst experience I ever had at a film was when I went to see the first LOTR film. There were 3 adults sat next to me.... and two of them were from turkey or somehwere. So what you say? Well The woman who appeared to be english, translated the whole ****ing movie for them as it went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now as you can tell by the exclamation marks even thinking about this unhappy event makes me go psychotic! I do remember vaugley asking if they liked 'hospital food' but as most of them were foreign they didn't understand (the english woman ignored this weird psychoitic stranger individual that was me...)

Still at least it wasn't star wars big grin Last time most people were dressed up as jedi and had lightsabers..laughing out loud great stuff!

Wayne...

OB1-adobe
What is a queue?

bilbofett
I think that is euro talk for 'line'......LOL!

Morning_Glory
i still dont get why he would sit out there all by himself,, just wiating for monthshuh

GABRIEL05
hey I respect this man. He believes in something with his heart and he's resolved to pursue it. How many of us could do what he's doing??

smoker4
Lol euro talk! Love a duck me old china laughing out loud

bilbofett
Ummm, I think a better question would be how many of us would rather live our lives rather than become a mockery of ourselves? I doubt my kids would find it respectable if I took off for the local cineplex to 'wait in line' rather than stay here & take care of them. May sound crazy, but its just a thought.

Eleonora
No, that is talking correctly wink

JKozzy
Hey, if he wants to wait five months, then so be it. Go for it! I can think of so much more that I can do in 5 months, but he obviously has a marketing scheme here. Good luck, man.

oddjob02
just leave the guy alone, why waste your time commenting on something that has no real affect on you and your Star Wars experience? He enjoys the wait, albeit a long one, but his own little thrill. This is the last Star Wars film, let eveyone enjoy it any way that makes him or her happy. Remember how you felt when you fell in love with these films, this is his way of holdng on to that.

Obi-OneManShow
Yeah! This little one's not worth the effort! Come, let me get you something! Drinks are on me and you can all have a puff from my free-form tarnished chrome waterpipe.

vader519
I have actually seen him camping out. They show it on the news, and basically he has his jacket on because it is raining, and he is asleep on his couch.

OB1-adobe
How come people don't get arrested for this sort of thing? isn't that loitering?

JKozzy
Yes, but it's loitering with style raver

bILLYgOAT
midnight showing ...it eliminates the kids,
as for waiting in line for more than even 20 mins.... bah to hell with that.
The guy is an uber-geek with no motivation for anything or anybody else.

When he gets to see it, I hope he thinks Rots suxx , then goes home to his parents house with a length of rope . evil face
tbh

Jedi-Knight 8k2
I saw him he looks really bad and his hair wild and he smells like crap

OB1-adobe
pff. Yeah and I thought an 10:45 showing of X-men 2 would eliminate kids

no

Sith Master X
Ah yes, X-Men 2. That's about the only movie I've ever run into "little kid trouble."

Kid sitting next to me had to comment on every fricken seen in the whole film.

RottenDarthOne
What the hell is up with 5 pages of bitching cause this dude is in line. It's pretty geeky he's out there, that's a given, but it's still pretty cool anyways.

It's like you're a bunch of romans and he's Jesus or something. laughing out loud

smoker4
Jesus? where? praise him!

ARC Trooper 117
laughing

DarthAJ
I don't know whem does ROTS come out..."looks at day by day star wars calender" oh its on a thursday

OMG i hate school!! Let me see ROTS when i'm relaxed not when i'm stressed about school!!! AHHHH i'll have to see it on the weekend mad

Sith Master X
No, just skip school that day as I am! You'd have to be crazy to go to school on the ROTS release day. stick out tongue

DarthAJ
Not as easy as that Sith Master X i'm in seventh grade and my parents wouldn't let me just skip school

LandoSpeeder2
I'm in seventh too and I'm home schooled. My parents don't give a crap about SW. It'll be a few weeks after it comes out before I see it.

DarthVader
im also in 7th Grade but i will see it afer skool 4 sure cuz my dad is a huge Star Wars Fan

sugarhiguy555
ah... makes me proud to be from Seattle... a die-hard SW fan already camping out; cool yet stupid!

GCG
here he is

http://img176.exs.cx/img176/7376/450tweiten15starwars5yj.jpg

Jeff Tweiten is already waiting in line outside the Cinerama in downtown Seattle for the next "Star Wars" film.

Mortanius
I wish I had enough money to sit around for 5 months.

bILLYgOAT
Jesus?
is this guy healing the lame?
making the blind see? or raising the dead?
NO
he is sitting on his well upholstered ass reading papers and worrying about only 4 things
1 rots
2 cold
3 toilet
4 food

He's a time waster who cares for nothing and no-one
he's a BUM and he certainly ain't the messiah.

I'd love to see a Jackass or dirty Sanchez sketch where he's asleep and they move him & his chair into a locked crypt until June laughing evil face

jjwil76
HILARIOUS Sig and avatar RottenDarthOne. Man, that's gotta be my favorite fan art yet!

Sith Master X
Ah, that's too bad. sad I'm in the 11th grade. Well, skipping is most certainly not in my nature, but for SW anything goes. big grin

Snakebyte
ROTS Squatter Removed by Police

Be warned, the Man is watching you . Star Wars fan, Jeff Tweiten, was removed by police from the sidewalk in front of the Cinerama Theatre in Seattle. 27-year-old Tweiten and his mini-camp had been sitting outside for 139 days straight in anticipation of the release of "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" in theatres on May 19, and had not been booted because there had been no complaints. But according to SPD spokesman Sean Whitcomb, an anonymous caller did complain. "So the individual (Tweiten) was provided with a copy of the (no sit/no lay) ordinance, the individual was given a verbal admonition and told that, if he did not move, the individual would be cited the next day," Whitcomb said.

With a sleeping bag, finger-thawing cups of java and other supplies from friends, the Seattle artist had hoped to stay put until the opening much as he had for "Episode I" and "Episode II." But by a single anonymous complaint, the jig was up for Tweiten's stake-out. Three police officers and a traffic engineer arrived to assess the setup, Tweiten said. They told him he was blocking a pedestrian right-of-way, but said it very cordially. "They told me they didn't really want to do it. In fact, one said they felt like asses," Tweiten claimed. Tweiten's back up plan was to call Diamond Parking and see if he could relocate to a nearby lot. No luck.

Tweiten doesn't blame the officers, but he's disappointed in a city that he says has become so humorless and controlling that it can't tolerate a little color. Some who've noticed Tweiten's removal agree. "Seattle did its best to drive out the characters that made the city what it was," Scot Ranney said. "In the '80s and '90s Seattle turned from a city of art and interest to a city of Microsoft and dot-com money. A city of people who look at their toes instead of at people as they run down the sidewalks making sure they're not late for their Starbucks luncheon with others ... who think the acquisition of money and power is what life's all about." That's why Ranney and a lot of others moved to Bellingham in the past 15 years, he said. "With people who wanted to find a community that embraces their individualism."

Others insist that the law is the law. If homeless people are told to move along and not sit or sleep on sidewalks and in doorways, then why should a "Star Wars" fan be an exception just because he's a paying customer who is helping to promote a big-money movie? Still others simply see Tweiten as a self-indulgent slacker who ought to be working.

What they don't know, Tweiten says, is that he does work, saves his money and gives a whole lot of it away to charities. "I make enough money to be able to do this," he said. "But I also challenge the idea that you're wasting your time if you're not stuck in a cubicle all day."

But Seattle, in fact the world, hasn't seen the last of Jeff Tweiten. He plans on returning to the sidewalk before the Cinerama Theatre tomorrow -- on his own two feet.

Standing? Until May 19?

There's a long tradition in America of waiting in lines for openings, Tweiten reminded. For tickets for sports events, concerts, Ichiro bobble-heads, the sighting of a superstar. Tweiten's own grandmother used to camp out in front of the Silverdale Mall to be first in line for the opening of a sale.

To his credit, Tweiten did try to apply and pay for a street use permit, but the Department of Transportation turned him down.

"What next? Will we be denied the right of assembly?" Tweiten asked. "Then let's not have voting anymore. Let's just have the lawyers decide like they're doing in the governor's race." By this point Tweiten was pretty fired up. And he may need that zeal if he's going to literally make a stand. "I figure I can stand 16 hours a day if I take little breaks," he said. He admits it won't be comfy or easy but just the idea of being told he can't be out there fuels his motivation. "This time I'll either leave in shackles or an aid car," Tweiten vowed. "And, as soon as I get out of the hospital, I'll be back."

May the Force be with Jeff Tweiten.

http://www.swsaga.com/e3news.html#jan05-10

smoker4
Lol all that waiting for nothing

RottenDarthOne
Yeah, whatever Judas. laughing out loud

Too bad about the guy, power to him, hope he stands right up till May 19th.

bILLYgOAT
mmmm
I notice the article didn't say what work he did (puts out the garbage), and to which charities he contributed (he gave a dollar to a homeless guy back in 1994).
The cubicle remark smacks of a guy who doesn't have to pay bills
therefore its safe to assume that he's living with his mom.

bILLYgOAT
JUDAS
thats a cool name wink

I think I'll change to it eek!

GCG
meh......why doesnt he hang a hammock a couple of metres above the ground - he wouldnt disturb 'the right of way' of anyone by that.

bigfathenry
He's waiting in front of our IMAX theatre now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.