Marvel vs. DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

themightythor
All of the marvel heroes and villians vs. all of the DC heroes and villians in an all out war. Since the graphic novel was a flop I think we should cut it down to giant battle between the two universes.

hobbitx
I love Marvel. Dont know much abt DC but they suck. SO go Marvel

pr1983
including celestials and such?

Scoobless
marvel characters are better but DDC emphasize power too much, just look at their "average" hero's flash - lightspeed capable can pull stuff,vibrate,cause tornados, run up walls, punch 100 times a second - and he's not even classed as powerful compared to the likes of superman,green lantern, wonder woman......... dc should have more vulnerable people as their hero's,
marvel is much more interesting because their characters are more human but dc give their guys too much power, so i guess in a free for all the boring lot (DC) would probably win

Scoobless
p.s. i'm a little drunk right now so i may have come off sounding a tad jaded......... but i still think marvel is ten times the company that DC is

long pig
whatcha drinkin? i gotta nice lil vodka n redbull thing goin on here.

Scoobless
sober now, but i think i was drinking whatever got put in front of me..... i'm a little hazy on the specifics

muffin man
MARVEL rules DC sucks apart from batman.

x_danny_x
alot DC haters here!

also who sells more or who is bigger? DC or Marvel.

ScarletSpider
They're both pretty much the same saleswise. Last time I heard, Marvel was a couple points above them regarding sales. But then Identity Crisis started, and Superman/Batman has been doing well for some unfathomable reason. But Astonishing X-Men did really well, and sales for New Avengers #1 came in at 250,000. They go back and forth with marginal increases and decreases, quarter by quarter, so it is actually pretty even.

Cosmo Kramer
Marvel might actually pull off a vitory. I am positive DC would not be able to take out Galactus especiolly with an entire army of sentinels backing him up. Actually thats all you really need. And then you have Magneto and Apocalypse working together with the Avengers so the JLA wouldnt really stand a chance with all their weird creatures or not.

DarkAge
Even all of the Marvel characters put together would face a steep challenge against Superman, Amazo, the Flash, the Scarecrow, the Green Lantern and Wonder Woman combined.

Cosmic Cube
Full Power Thanos would turn all 6 of them into action figures with the blink of an eye. The Defenders (Silver Surfer, Hulk, Dr. Strange, and Namor) would beat the six you named; hell Surfer could do it alone. He'd blast all six into oblivion.

Scoobless
and let's not forget rick jones..............

Wolfie
Which brand do you think is better?

Personally, I think Marvel owns. Super heroes, IMO, need natural powers. Batman is just an ordinary guy in a bat costume. They also shouldn't be practically invincible (Superman). Not to mention, I take off my glasses and you can't recognize me. HA!

pr1983
nothing wrong with batman... or most of the jla...

i love both, but marvel ever so slightly more...

vaya_the_elf
Hmm...

I love both the same.

Can't pick between them. Each have things I like about them.

OtterVomit
DC, but Marvel's not without its charm.

Tron
This has been done a couple of times already.

Merging

juggernaut74
Although I read more Marvel comics and have more in my collection I am reading more and more DC comics now. People say DC overpowers their characters. What the H#ll do you call Galactus, Thanos, Celestials, Thor, Dr. Strange and even the Surfer. Those are some pretty powerful dudes. Oh and I cant forget Dr. Doom. Even the Hulk has limitless strength. I do not understand those accusations. I read them and judge them on a equal level and in the end I think DC is better cause lets face it they set the standard.

eleveninches
DC is overpowered
Marvel is overrated.

DC gods are far more powerful than marvel gods, and there arefar more of them

Mider
DC would win beside the cosmic powers they have heavenly powers that even go above the Living Tribunal and TOAA.

K3VIL
Agree.D.C. Heroes are cool but too much uber alles, Marvel has powerful characters that are not invincible, and characters that have become too much used and overrated like Wolverine and Hulk thanks to some crap written stories and the fanboys.

Mainstream
I lik'em both like Vaya...but if I had to pick I'd side with marvel.

nigel45
I agree that DC seemingly gives their characters more power than Marvel gives there's, but is that necessarily a bad thing? In the end they're all superhumans (well, most of them) and they face super-villains. It's not as though DC characters like Superman, WonderWoman, GL, or Flash spend their time catching petty criminals FAR inferior to their awesome powers. THAT would get boring. They're going up against villians that have powers just about equal to their own, just like Marvel.

And you can't say that DC ovverpowers their characters, yet Marvel still beats them. That's like saying 'hey those guys are taking steroids, thats cheating, good thing weve got our own guys who take even more steroids.'

goku-vs-superma
but the thing is that marvel has really overly powerful stupid characters like the living tribunal, galactus, celstials and etc

RobWolf27
See don't you see that those super heroes think there to good for the common man and they are irresponable to common man . Spider man stops any kind villians beacuse his Uncle was killed by a thief he didn't stop earlier in life. So he is respondsable and he stops both villians and super villians no matter who they are he will make sure that justice prevails.

RobWolf27
So its boring but who is benefiting by it .the common people thats who. But anyways With great power comes great respondsablity. Now the greater super hero knows this and but this hero isn't real . but anyways a great hero must be able to do all he can to save lives and stop crooks and face super villians like electro and defeat some others for good. because so his gifts aint wasted.

RobWolf27
anyways Marvel vs Dc . Marvel and DC are different from each other sometimes the villians Dc has trouble defeating marvel can easily defeat and so with Dc vs Marvel villians. hard one . But I would still like to see Marvel and Dc Merged into one Universe but all characthers remain the same.

stormfront13
couldn't storm and a bunch of other wind controlling people create a really strong tornado and suck out all of DC's oxygen supply? Not to kill them but to just knock them out. With this done i don't think DC stands a chance espicially with people like galactus and doom.

Cosmic Cube
lol, Highly unlikely.

sigh... Why does everyone overrate DC? If you compare flagship characters, sure DC's are more powerful. But when you bring up The Living Tribunal, Beyonder, The Watchers, The Titanians, and Galactus, it isn't such an easy fight for DC characters. To just say that "DC's more powerful" is a weak argument. When you compare Superman to Spiderman, that holds true, but when you compare Superman to the Beyonder or Thanos, it's no contest.

Anyone who think's DC's so much more powerful is obviously poorly informed. Most of Marvel's flagship characters aren't invulnerable, but many of them are. None of DC's characters are completely invincible (not even Superman.) There are tons of Marvel characters, they surely have more characters than DC. Marvel could win by sheer numbers.

I'd also like to know what DC hero is "way more powerful" than the Living Tribunal. The Living Tribunal can do anything. What can any "DC God" do that The Living Tribunal, The Beyonder, or The Heart of the Universe can't?

Cosmic Cube
Is moving the moon crap writing? Is a 6 foot 3, 225 pound man moving a planet, "crap writing"? Of course it isn't, because you like DC. Any writing you disagree with is "crap writing". Crap writing would be a character exceeding boundaries set by the writers. I have yet to see it happen in Marvel comics (sometimes in crossovers, though e.g. Venom vs. Superman.)

Draco69
The Spectre, Shazam, The Stranger, The Source...

David Duchovony
I'll abstain, people like too generalize to often. If the comic interests me I'll read it and that's that.

Cosmic Cube
I don't understand. Which question are you replying to?

Spectre (Hal Jordan) is not more powerful than the Beyonder, neither is Shazam. The Phoenix Force is more powerful than both. Source is equivilant of the Heart of the Uinverse, or the Living Tribunal.

Draco69
"What can any "DC God" do that The Living Tribunal, The Beyonder, or The Heart of the Universe can?"

That question. Spectre is the "Wrath of God." He's extremely powerful. He has complete and utter power over life and death. Shazam also extremely powerful. He is a god beyond gods. I highly doubt the Phoenix Force is more powerful than Spectre. Shazam yes.

It's rather pointless to debate this. There's WAY too many variables to consider. And I don't have the luxury of writing essays like I used too.
I'll give this to you.

Cosmic Cube
You don't have to. I agree that there are far too many variables.

Mider
Let me see hmm Marvel has eternity, galactus, Living tribunal, while DC has the spectre, the sandman, Lucifer Morningstar, Micheal, superman Prime, superman 1,000,000 ,they have there own god of time, they have the anti-life entitiy, they have the saint of all killers, Lobo. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm you figure it out oh and they have there own DC god while marvel has TOAA who is dead by the way the DC god (never beaten sept maybe temporaraly with extenuating circomstances as in making himself weaker)

Mider
Not to mention they have the green lantern corps witch is like 1500 silver serfurs and they do have those angels : / sooooo DC wins sorry : / but marvel doesnt have anything that comes close to those angels from DC Lucifer Morningstar, Micheal and yeah they did come out with superman and the like in day of judgement. Micheal handed the spectre's ass to him. You guys talk about the Living tribunal, hell the source, the presance, the word all these guys that i just mentioned that are from DC including the angels and superman prime could defeat the LT cause alot of them are even more powerful. and even if the pheonix is more powerful then the spectre witch i doudt since the spectre is DC's living tribunal i know that she doesnt come close to equaling parallax or ion.

kgkg
for real do you see all those lucifer morningstart , micheal and those people on regular basic like are they in the universe all the time or they come sometime cuz i never saw any of them on cartoon or most normal comic. Same does with LT , TOAA , yes thanos , galactus those people are always active.

So when it's vs i don't think we should bring all the times THE GODS then it will be God like being vs God like being and all those other char like superman , silver sulfer , thanos , Gl's they won't even matter.

RobWolf27
I really believe the Dc god thing is stupid there is no lucifer in dc comics and no michael and they are angels one evil and one good. Also How can hades be there to? I mean you have mixed this up. is it greek mythology or is it someone adding angels and the devil out of the Bible . then marvel has mephisto he's like a devil to. Are you guys saying there's too devil type charaters in dc comics a biblical inspired one and a greek inspired one. I mean oh yeah Loki is a evil version of Norse mythology Maybe they got Fenrir A giant wolf that in mythology was said to bring about the end of the world in Marvel also I know marvel has Hercules but doesn't seem to mention the greek Gods either though. but Dc some what does in the JLU cartoon they show Ares. You know what the greek gods were just statues and norse gods were Idea the viking thought.if they sailed to far they would fall off the edge of the world now that's funny.there is aGod though and angels and there is a devil for reals to .didn't you go to sunday school?but enough about God This is about Comics.

DarkCrawler
DC wins the battle, but Marvel is better company.

Although Batman is my favorite hero.

Draco69
I forgot about Krona. He beat the hell out of Galactus. He even made a fortress out of his remains.

Mainstream
doesn't marvel have more cosmic level beings?

Draco69
No they don't. DC does. The Mig guy on the previous page basically said it all.

Mainstream
really..I'll have to read it.

Capt.JK
I can count on one hand the number of DC heroes I think DON"T suck. "Make Mine Marvel" all the way for me. However this thread is not a popularity contest, but a battle of the universes. They both have a multitude of Godlike characters, with powers that can destroy entire dimensions of existence, so they're both pretty equal in that department. As far as story goes, I think the MU has more heart and their characters are a little more realistic. So I guess I still go with Marvel.

Fieldy69
this is a pointless thread this is pretty much a whoever reacts fastest wins thing LT or Beyonder could simply blink and it would killl every single thing in the DC universe but anf of the DC god like things could do that too so its a pointless thread

Capt.JK
Yeah, but if you tone it down and take away the "Galactically" powerful characters, which universe would win then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.