Politics Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ou Be Low hoo
Hello? Helllllloooo? Heeeeeelllllllloooo? Anybody there? Yo! Oi! Ugh! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...feeeeeels so good! Yeah.

Well, seeing as we have a religion forum and a...Now I'm a say this one time boy and that's my word..sorry, eh...or yeah...and a philosophy forum, I was thinking in my brain that a politics forum would be a grand idea...a way of broadening the appeal of the forum as a whole, as there are only so many times someone can find interest and satisfaction in playing a counting game...

So, that is the trip I'm looking for...Possible? Yes. Probable? Don't know.

And now for some lyrical respite from our friends, J5:

Let's take you back to the concrete streets
Original beats with real live mc's
Playground tactics
No rabbit in a hat tricks
Just that classic
Rap shit from Jurassic

I'm asking "Can we have a Politics Forum?"...by the way.

dave123
suggestion forum >>>>

Fire
Could be but I dunno if there are that many political threads, that it doesn't fit GDF

Ou Be Low hoo
I don't understand either of your posts...

Storm
This suggestion should have been made in The Suggestion Thread.
So far, political threads went into the GDF. Generally, a sub-forum can be considered when there is a considerable amount of said threads.

Syren
clapping Listen to the Stormy one big grin Although, the poetry forum was created on the assumption that once an area was made, threads would amass erm As they did....

Raz
Use the GDF. If necassary, a forum will be created in due course.

Cinemaddiction
Politics forum will get as ugly as Religion. Trust me, I know.

Bardock42
Religion was great, you people spoiled it cry

Politics would be good though

Cinemaddiction
Great isn't constant bickering and disrespecting of each others views. It was moved for a reason, and politics would promote the same environment, maybe even more heated, in fact.

I'm part of the biggest Star Wars forum in the world, and because of the heated arguements and environment it promoted, political discussions were outlawed because it's a gateway topic for worse things.

Storm
We share views, debate and are being critical and not all of us behave in a disrespectful way. I' ve seen as ugly debates and even worse in the OTF as well as the GDF.

Syren
I think the Religion forum can be kept a comfortable place to post, but I think that a politics forum would be pushing the boundaries, especially right now erm

Fire
With decent moderation a political forum would be no problem. Religion is not that much of a problem I think

Syren
I'm just basing my statements on what I have been told in the past when querying the fact that there were no religious or political forums erm

Storm
And now there is a Religion forum as well as political oriented threads in the GDF. And the Forum Rules were adapted to Controversial Topics. Climates change...

Fire
idd
smile

Syren
bag

You're right.

yerssot
I take one of the first rules if a forum would ever be made, would be to ban talks about the present president of the USA

Syren
I'd hope so... it's the main thing that popped into my mind when wondering about a politics forum big grin

Mr Parker
Im in total agreement.we need a politics forum Raz.

Ou Be Low hoo
The good thing about having a specific forum for politics would be that people who aren't interested in it can simply stay out...Doing this would allow the people who have a genuine interest in it to be passionate yet understand that we're talking politics, so any perceived flaming would be kept to a minimum. The main problem with it being in the GDF is that some people with absolutely no knowledge of politics make the most ridiculous claims thus resulting in retaliatory flames...

I post quite a bit in The Philosophy Forum and the debates are heated, but generally based in the facts being discussed...obviously with a few exceptions...

yerssot
if you create that forum, you'll also create the interest ... now not many make political threads but as soon as you have the forum, people will easier make such threads and with that the trouble that goes with it like last time

Syren
People can just as easily avoid the threads, you'll get just as many ignorant members posting in a forum as you do in the threads we already have erm

lil bitchiness
I think this idea is similiar to religion forum - the debates and the flaming could be exactly the same - but religion forum is kept an eye on and politics forum would be as well. The first signes of bashing - warning, then a thread close.

Maybe...dunno, just supportive of a suggestion.

Storm
So far, we' ve only had one thread closed due to overheated in the Religion Forum.

Syren
That's what trials were created for happy I think KMC is sturdy enough to handle a testing period of this calibre.

Cinemaddiction
There's been plenty of edited content, however, and 4 closed threads. 3 for offensive content. That's only from the inception of the Religion forum.

Syren
So, I'm a little confused.... who's for the forum and who's against?

Storm
I knew there hadn' t been many edits but I checked nonetheless. Among all threads on the first page of the Religion Forum, edited content by a moderator: 1. Perhaps you' re confusing with other sections...

I could only detect 2 closed threads due to offensive content. Suicide which is not the privilege of the Religion Forum but also the GDF and the thread starter of the second apologised twice in advance if it was offensive to someone but still wanted us to have a look at it and give our opinion.

Beastro
I havent been here for that long but ive seen what kind of arguments they can cause from other forums.It isnt a good idea and neither is a religion or philosophy forum.

Everyone has there own opinions and there gonna try to make everyone agree no matter how many rules are set down.People will be banned by record numbers.

Fire
It hasn't gone that far in philosophy or religion just yet.

Syren
It should be a natural human ability to share opinions civilly and maturely, if you really think things are going to get that out of hand I suggest you avoid the place altogether.... IMO there are enough members here who can control themselves, why should a chance at a good debate forum be passed up just because of a few idiots?

Napalm
No political threads are against the rules

Storm
The rule has changed to controversial topics.

WindDancer
GDF is good enough for me. Political forum? Nah!

lil bitchiness
Meh, I dont know. Im kinda for the idea, but if it does get made, imma do me best to stay out embarrasment

Syren
*snort*

Milla, you walking contradiction, you flirt

lil bitchiness
I said Id do my best to stay out, dont mean i always will stick out tongue

catwoman

Syren
Fantabbydoozy fab

Circadian Rythm
I Personally Think Yes.

That Way We Can Bash The Hell Out Of This Tyrannical Government.

Corran
I'm sure we used to have one - if I recall it was not good.

shellie
no

Corran
Errmmm, I'm sure we did confused

Jedi Priestess
I vote yes because Im sick of looking at that crap in the GDF....I say relegate them to the basement and let em kill each other. evil face laughing out loud

shellie
my vote was no stick out tongue

Corran
Oh, silly me embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
Yeah.

That way no General or Off-Topic threads will be made anything other than they are supposed to. Political forum would require people with such knowledge to debate about it, if you don't have political minds, the forums gonna suck. I've been in enough political debates to know there are enough minds on here. There's more political debates than there are philosophical debates in the philosophy forum.

-AC

Syren
I voted yes, or at least give it a chance. Trial and error.

nitro-swicked
i voted no.

badboy2004
no

Clovie
1.why did you make multi choice? blink
2. i voted for all options, because: vide->1

Syren
vide->1???

Clovie
wrong language embarrasment
see point 1
i meant. i voted for all options erm it's multichoice eek!

Ushgarak
For the love of God no. Used to be one- disaster. Terrible idea. No no no no no!

Silver Stardust
I could see it being a huge mess...

...though I love debating politics, it probably wouldn't be too good an idea erm

Ushgarak
We actually had to specifically close and hide (and I think, burn) the last one because of the small wars it was creating.

WindDancer
That's good enough for me. Bad idea...

Syren
Makes sense.... if things can't be discussed rationally in the present forums, why would a specific area be created for it? And my vote for a trial is invalid as it seems a forum has already been tried erm

Silver Stardust
No kidding...look at the small wars that already pop up on occasion in certain threads...erm

Syren
*responsible for most* whistle

Silver Stardust
Haha!!!

I'm not quite innocent when it comes to that either...hypocrite

taft
politics bore me

Syren
Politics bore most morons tongue

Silver Stardust
Oh you're nice stick out tongue

I agree though...embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
I agree with them two ^^^.

PS: I'm expecting royalities, Stardust. "For what?" I hear you ask. You think that the "Minx" tag under your name is of no influence by me? wink.

I take cash.

-AC

Storm
How accurate can this poll be when you can mark all 3 options?

Syren
Excuse me, I think you'll find I'm the first to have called her that. She'll confirm, I thank you bluequeen

Alpha Centauri
I brought it back from the dead.

FINE! Share the royalties?

-AC

Syren
Agreed happy

Alpha Centauri
Yes, yesssss.

"Agreed".

*Crosses fingers*

-AC

Syren
laughing out loud

*pinches cheeks*

You're so cute eek!

Alpha Centauri
embarrasment

Thank you, hehe. wink

-AC

Silver Stardust
Actually, neither of you were stick out tongue

Kael
thumbdown

Raz
I wholeheartedly agree.

lil bitchiness
*bookmarks the page* eek!

stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Oh you HAD one that crashed and burned......or you crashed and burned it yourselves? Whatever you want, I dont care as I dont post there.....

Syren
*sigh*

Ok, so I was second laughing out loud

Silver Stardust
JP -- I think that one existed and they had to burn all traces of it...

Kez -- yeah, you were second I believe stick out tongue It's morphing into my new nickname I think laughing out loud

Fire
Yea it ended quite badly too bad cause it was most interesting

Raz
Basically me and Ush at each others throats all the time wink

Beastro
I just visited the religion forum and already ive seen people like backfire compare jesus to an insecure little girl.Those are the kind of childish remarks that will be express about other people's opinions if a political forum opens.

chickenlover98
apparently there was one a while ago. can some mods get that back up please

Strangelove
Is it possible for a mod to edit this thread and add a poll?

I'm for this, all the way.

Raz
The GDF is the defacto political forum. There is no need to seperate it out.

Syren
In that case, surely there's also no need for the History or Conspiracy forum?

Captain REX
The History forum really has more or less died...

...but the Conspiracy forum can stay where it is. I HATE going into the GDF to read a thread and stumbling into one of Deano's 'I took this rant from another website and will now copy-paste it here, and here's a Youtube video about nothing' threads...

As for a Political forum, we tried to separate it once. It ate itself through the flaming.

Syren
Originally posted by Captain REX
The History forum really has more or less died...

...but the Conspiracy forum can stay where it is. I HATE going into the GDF to read a thread and stumbling into one of Deano's 'I took this rant from another website and will now copy-paste it here, and here's a Youtube video about nothing' threads...

As for a Political forum, we tried to separate it once. It ate itself through the flaming.

I was just making a comparison, I really would hate for the Conspiracy forum to be merged with the GDF. Even though I rarely post in the GDF, I'm no sadist stick out tongue

Strangelove
Originally posted by Raz
The GDF is the defacto political forum. There is no need to seperate it out. Fair enough.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Syren
In that case, surely there's also no need for the History or Conspiracy forum?

History was a bad idea...it should be gotten rid of and put back into GDF...Conspiracy however...well that should go back to being a THREAD! The good ol' days...besides, its the same people who post there all the time...its like our own little part of the forum.

chickenlover98
would you guys like one? i personally love politics and instead of just talking about politics in the genral forum i think it should have its own place

Wålshy
ye lots of politic talk is in the GDF, but i think it should stay like that because otherwise the GDF would become like the history forum and dry up

dadudemon

chickenlover98

Wålshy
Originally posted by chickenlover98
oh please i see tons of talk here that isnt politics. this forum would continue to therive like usual it would still be in use, just much less

chickenlover98

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
agreed.

I believe we used to have a politics forum.....either that or it was the history forum that got deleted. You probably mean the History forum, yes.

Anyways, what's wrong with discussing the politicial issues in here? Not that I see either Walshy or chickenlover a lot in political threads anyways.

Quark_666
I think the political threads tend to provide a lot of structure for the conversations in the non-political threads. You could say most of the non-political threads are almost tangents to parts of the political threads. Separating them would be a loss to the fun of it all.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if we separated science discussions from the politics and religion. I generally don't participate in many discussions on science because they are usually based off of some religious or political motive and I see that as a waste of time. But maybe that could change if science had a separate forum.

Of course, I don't think we discuss enough science (yet) to create a science forum, but the growing size of KMC might make us consider it.

GCG
would you guys like one?

NO

TRH
If there was one Id post there a lot.

Shelbert Lemon
Politics should stay in this forum.

Mr Parker

BigRed
I don't mind. As long as there is somewhere to talk politics.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Bardock42
You probably mean the History forum, yes.

Anyways, what's wrong with discussing the politicial issues in here? Not that I see either Walshy or chickenlover a lot in political threads anyways. the reason i dont go in politial threds here is cause i find them kind of cluttered with many other meaningless threads. i think politics needs its own section.

jaden101
no to politics forum...still say a science forum would be good though

chickenlover98
Originally posted by jaden101
no to politics forum...still say a science forum would be good though why would a politics forum be bad?

DigiMark007
the reason i dont go in politial threds here is cause i find them kind of cluttered with many other meaningless threads. i think politics needs its own section.

You don't go into political threads because there's too many other threads around them?? How are they less valid outside their own forum.

Originally posted by jaden101
no to politics forum...still say a science forum would be good though

I'd tend to agree, though neither is likely.

BackFire
the reason i dont go in politial threds here is cause i find them kind of cluttered with many other meaningless threads. i think politics needs its own section.

What does that have to do with anything? The threads would be the same either way.

jaden101
why would a politics forum be bad?

its not that i think its a bad idea...its just that its covered by general discussion because effectively everything is covered by politics

it would also end up dieing between elections and only really kicking into life in the run up to them

this being a US predominant forum it would also end up being totally about US politics

Quark_666
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'd tend to agree, though neither is likely. not enough people interested in science as a subject in itself, I'm afraid. sad

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Quark_666
not enough people interested in science as a subject in itself, I'm afraid. sad agreed

Strangelove
I would really like one, but it doesn't make sense to have one, really.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Strangelove
I would really like one, but it doesn't make sense to have one, really.

IMO, you don't have time to discuss politics in a manner that does your knowledge justice. If I am not mistaken, you are our resident political scientist (in the making).

Tempe Brennan
I think the idea, but what people actually post there? I like it all mixed up in here, to be honest. smile

Strangelove
IMO, you don't have time to discuss politics in a manner that does your knowledge justice. If I am not mistaken, you are our resident political scientist (in the making). Um, sure. Thanks! smile

JacopeX
Yes, please. I am getting tired of all these politic based threads in the GDF.

Impediment
Originally posted by Raz
The GDF is the defacto politics forum. No need for a seperate one.

Strangelove
Indeed, that is true. As much as I pine for a politics forum, I understand that we don't need one.

Gaming24/7
USA DON'T VOTE BARACK OBAMA HE IS A TRORIST ******.
AND UK DON'T VOTE DAVID CAMRON HE IS A POOF.

Impediment
Isn't poof British slang for gay?

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Gaming24/7
AND UK DON'T VOTE DAVID CAMRON HE IS A POOF. and ur a nazi

Schecter
Originally posted by Gaming24/7
AND UK DON'T VOTE DAVID CAMRON HE IS A POOF.

wtf is a trosist?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Impediment
Isn't poof British slang for gay? yes

Bardock42
IMO, you don't have time to discuss politics in a manner that does your knowledge justice. If I am not mistaken, you are our resident political scientist (in the making). Remind me to beat the living shit out of you if we ever meet.

chillmeistergen
Hahaha, you'd need reminding?

Strangelove
Remind me to beat the living shit out of you if we ever meet. I think I'm insulted ermm

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
I think I'm insulted ermm Regardless of my opinion on your level of informedness or intellectual ability, you must have felt quite uncomfortable with your balls constantly moistened by DDM's, though certainly well trained, tongue, no?

Schecter
he sure is a pro at it though. really works that tongue.

Strangelove
Regardless of my opinion on your level of informedness or intellectual ability, you must have felt quite uncomfortable with your balls constantly moistened by DDM's, though certainly well trained, tongue, no? I normally disregard it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah, this is a lovely thread! I forgot all about it...Brings back memories...Sweet, sweet memories...

Also, what's the deal with Strangelove and Dadudemon? Are they life partners?

chillmeistergen
Almost definitely.

Strangelove
I object to that. DDM can be a bit overcomplimentary at times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.