Mosh-Pit Euphoria

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aku
Applies to anyone from Ska to Grindcore Metal.

Being in the mosh pit is almost like a drug, you dont care about anything you just care about slamming that ******* who just pushed you! Or whacking the fatty in the middle. I remember going to see Slipknot at London Estoria, and they did that song People = Shit (charming) and there was like a big pile of people in the middle, just a pile of people all on top of each other it was hilarious.

Alpha Centauri
"Being in the mosh pit is almost like a drug, you dont care about anything you just care about slamming that ******* who just pushed you! Or whacking the fatty in the middle. I remember going to see Slipknot at London Estoria, and they did that song People = Shit (charming)"

Ironic that they were singing "People = Shit" when you started acting like a wild animal and possibly endangering someone there just to have a good time.

-AC

furryman
course I'm all about getting forward

tabby999
yeah, moshing is all well and good but hitting and kicking and all that shit just aint cool

eggmayo
i got my nose broken in the download moshpit

tabby999
if someone was trashing and kicking and punching people around them, i'd feel obliged to bring them to ground and kick them hard. i saw a guy jump up onto the crowd at a instore and he was kicking his feet like he was swimming in a pool, i saw this guy take a harsh kick in the face.

Aku
Which download festival? I goto download festival were you there last year?

Aku
I once tried to get up off the floor, this dude helped me, and then we rejoined afterwards, I like fell over again and when I was getting up I head-butted him right between the legs, I sort of just wondered off hoping he didnt notice it was me! He got crushed though!

Fearnix
Throw Down have ****ing brutal Pitt's rock

i got kicked in the eye.

eggmayo
The Donington one... they started a circle-pit during Sad But True...

Mane
Moshing is for jarheads. At the shows I go to, they usually put the people down that start moshes.

Cinemaddiction
I've always held the opinion that "moshers" are the farthest thing from music fans.

Alpha Centauri
When I was at a Deftones gig, some guy fell down due to moshing during "My Own Summer". Chino stopped and so did the band, told people to help the guy up and then said "What the **** are you thinking? You're acting like ****ing idiots."

-AC

Aku
Its coz you've never been in one. Your with ya chavs at mcdonalds singing the latest song from blazin' squad thinking ya bad in ya mates VW golf.

Moshing makes the gig experience so much better. Better than these people at pop gigs just standing there screaming as loud as they can and drowning out the music. If you don't wanna mosh you get a good view from the back. If you do wanna mosh then your showing the band that your enjoying the music and showing other rockers that your one of the family.

Alpha Centauri
"If you do wanna mosh then your showing the band that your enjoying the music and showing other rockers that your one of the family."

If the family happens to be the Flintstones then yes.

Getting very active at a concert, fair enough. When it gets to the point that people are going there and acting like ****ing cavemen, hurting people and generally ruining the experience, I'd say you've missed the ****ing point of actually enjoying a Rock concert.

"Its coz you've never been in one. Your with ya chavs at mcdonalds singing the latest song from blazin' squad thinking ya bad in ya mates VW golf."

This coming from a guy who gets thrills off going to a concert and thrashing around. You're no better than a chav just because you wear a Rock Band T-shirt. You're just an alternative.

-AC

Aku
Firstly AC, just coz I don't like Britney Speares doesnt mean you have to diss my fashion. And besides no one ever in the history of rock clubs has ever gone their to hurt someone and if you mean push each other around thats called slamming and your just a wimp if it hurts you. True that it does spoil it for some people but you can always move away.

Alpha Centauri
"Firstly AC, just coz I don't like Britney Speares doesnt mean you have to diss my fashion."

I'm not dissing your fashion for any reason. Wearing Rock band t-shirts doesn't render you invalid to being part of trends. You are no different from a chav if you think that wearing a band shirt, going to a concert and "slamming" makes you part of a group. Part of the "family" as you put it.

"And besides no one ever in the history of rock clubs has ever gone their to hurt someone and if you mean push each other around thats called slamming and your just a wimp if it hurts you. True that it does spoil it for some people but you can always move away."

If you push me in a field, It won't hurt. If you push me in a room or a field packed to the brim with thousands of other people RIGHT next to each other, chances are it'll cause the odd bruise. You can always move away? You're talking as if there's room to breakdance or something. The fact that people are posting "What are the crowd like?" on forums, before they go to gigs, is a sure sign that things are wrong.

You're not meant to go to a Rock gig with the precedent that you'll have to fight to stand up or be worried that some moron is gonna drag you or push you.

-AC

Aku
Well in the end I guess its all down to prefference I can understand why people dont like moshing but I feel it adds to the experience but it doesnt mean we can't appreciate music anymore becuase we are moshing. (AC that was someone else who said that just incase).

Alpha Centauri
It also doesn't make you anymore of a Rock fan than someone who goes to the shows to just enjoy the music and not wild out.

-AC

Cinemaddiction
Dead wrong. I have indeed been in a couple, not by choice, but because of the venue. At 6'0, 275, I've thrown my weight around a few times back in high school. Then I had this epiphany, telling me that I could do the very same thing at home for free, because you're not paying attention to the music anyway. You're just looking for some innocent, homoerotic man dancing.

Smasandian
I used to love pits, but im getting older, and their kinda of stupid. I go to see the band, not got trampled. Ive been in many of a pit but ive only been in a few goods ones, one where you can enjoy music and not fear for your life because 50 guys will fall on top of you.
What I hate the most though is crowd surfers.

SlipknoT
Hatebreed pits are awsome. I went to see SlipknoT 2 years ago and half the audience was a pit and I almost broke my ribs.

Aku
Did they do the Jump thing at the bridge of 'spit it out'? Where everyone gets down and then when he says 'jump the fu*k up' everyone completely kills themselves moshing.

Same with chimaira, in the rock club they were at, they split the crowd into two halvess and when the big bit came the two halves collided and my mate was in the front row and got completely incinerated.

Man that was cool, almost like an epic battle but a nice one and with metal in the background.

smile

moshtitan
i like moshing, but im more for the hardcore dance pits. its much more extreme.

SlipknoT
My friend broke his jaw at a Fear Factory show.

Aku
I elbowed some guy in the face once. He didnt look to happy. And I slapped some girl and in the end we ended up going out with each other

Alpha Centauri
...And to think Aku accused someone of being a chav who listens to Britney Spears purely coz they don't go around slapping girls and elbowing guys at Rock concerts.

People need to evolve.

-AC

Aku
Dont get cute AC

Alpha Centauri
I already am, Aku.

Don't hate me for it. Continue your girl slapping.

-AC

Aku
What! Er!

Damn AC I have to congratulate you, your the only one whos managed to insult me and Ive not been able to come back with a wicked insult.

Well done!!! rolling on floor laughing

Alpha Centauri
Tis an accolade I shall treasure forever more.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.