Spiderman vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

x_danny_x
I give it to Wonder Woman

muffin man
probably wonder woman she would do what black cat does.

Cosmic Cube
why even make threads like this? do you know who Wonder Woman is? Maybe precrisis Wonder Woamn would lose, but post-crisis? Not a chance in hell. All of Spiderman's abilities are physical. He's outmatched.

Now Cosmic Spiderman would kick her ass.

muffin man
but she is hot and can get his hormones to make him stay still and let hearts pop above his head.

Cosmic Cube
Wonder Woman isn't hot. She looks like she's fifty and she has huge eyes. Maybe if she was a dog, she'd be cute, at best. Aphrodites beauty my ass.

muffin man
when did she stop being hot well in her hot days then.

x_danny_x
I think you are getting your post-crisis/pre-crisis mistaken.

Pre-crisis is where they were stronger!

Supessucks, you are very pro marvel. it is evident cause you had to mention a spiderman that would defeat her though I dont know who Cosmic Spiderman is.

Cosmic Cube
You obviously don't know much of Pre-Crisis DC comics. Wonder Woman was much, much, weaker before the crisis. Now she's almost as strong as Superman. Only Superman was stronger "pre-crisis."

BTW I changed my name. Pro-Marvel? I sure am, "Go Marvel, Go!"

x danny x, I think your really 'Pro-DC.' Why in God's name would you pitt Wonder Woman against Spiderman? They aren't even in the same class.

Anyway, don't you mean to say that I'm anti-DC? I'm really not... but this doesn't change the fact that Wonder Woman would win.

And she isn't hot, by any standards.

lightaxe
yea man what are you talking about, wonder woman used to suck power wise. And yea cosmic cube is right why would u ever make these two fight?

x_danny_x
well why not, we are running out of versus threads anyway!

Heck at least I pit fights that have a chance in winning. Remember Spiderman is a scientist in a way, he knows alot and has huge brain.

Anyway, Im glad you said that Wonder Woman is as strong as Superman.

Because of that then this thread is very similiar to Wonder Woman vs Storm. And you argue alot on Storms behalf!

x_danny_x
how can you say wonder woman isnt hot.!!!

remember Lynda Carter who played Wonder Woman! That girl had a smoking body in younger days

http://home.iprimus.com.au/rennyr/jlanews.jpg

wish I was Batman in this case. Heck in some of the comics, she give hints that she likes Batman

Scoobless
well she did challange him to a wrestling match in that access story sick and he did kick titania's ass who in turn kicked she hulks ass during the original secret wars

x_danny_x
I was talking about love and hotness about wonder woman and how she likes batman, not how they fought.

Maybe you should start your own Batman vs Wonder Woman thread wink

Cosmic Cube
Wonder Woman is far from hot. She has a wide face, a big wide head, and big eyes. Dazzler is hot. Poison Ivy is hot. Emma Frost is hot. Psylocke is hot. Wonder Woman is not.

Cosmic Cube
How old are you, xdannyx?

lol look at how thick her eyebrows are...

Scoobless
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobless
well she did challange him to a wrestling match in that access story and he did kick titania's ass who in turn kicked she hulks ass during the original secret wars

actually this was a reference to spider-man not batman......... i just didn't think i'd have to point it out so obviously

Joker1237
Wonder Woman is hot, I like Wonder Woman.

I would put Wonder Woman about number 1 or 2 on being Hot with other comic super women.

Cosmic Cube
... I just don't see it. Her head looks like a basketball with hair and thick eyebrows. Every other female superhero looks better.

pr1983
cosmic post the pic your referring to...

Cosmic Cube
x danny x already did. look at the eyebrows on her.

pr1983
thats bruce timm... big deal... he draws his women like that... u gotta see more than that... shes a good loooking woman...

Cosmic Cube
We'll I don't read Justice League or Wonder Woman comics, but most pictures I've seen of her are pretty much like that. Even on the cartoon, she has those thick brows, big eyes, and a huge head.

x_danny_x
man dont make go and find all the beutiful wonder woman pics!!!!!

by the way Cosmic Cube, Im 27

screw it, im going to find them just prove you to your pro marvel butt that Wonder Woman is one of the top ten beutiful women in the comic world

CountQuan
WHY WOULD THEY FIGHT ANYWAYS? They're on the same sides.

x_danny_x
huh? it is about them not fighting, it is who is a better fighter! That is the point of the versus forum.

And they did fought before! and Stop yelling

KillAll
just as a reference to weather wonder woman is hot or not.... you be the judge.

Scoobless
well it's not the best picture of her i've seen....... i think she's hot, and i'm much more into marvel than DC, sometimes i read GL and flash and occasionally JLA and batman ....... but not often

K3VIL
Back in topic, Spider-Man lose.

x_danny_x
time to give wonder woman some justice with that swimsuit of hers

http://www.alrioart.com/data/media/13/ww_robot.jpg

http://home.att.net/~wayne.a.wong/Color/WAWong_wonderwoman_ptg_net.jpg

http://www.ociojoven.com/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/variations/400x1000/9444-400x1000.jpg

http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!92!D6!39B33CF2AFC6/Ace-Detective/USAGODS/scrapbookFiles/importD26.jpg

even the hulk cant resist wonder woman

http://www.fokacartoon.com/Gallery/Disegni/hulk&wonderwoman.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
I love how her fans call her a feminist icon when her supposed chest armor is molded around her nipples.

IRTMU-Dragon
is it just me or did they create super-heroes out of erotic fantasies?

Tron
Her creator DID use his own erotic fantasies and put them into her stories, lol.

Anyways, who actually thinks that Spider-Man stands a snowy chance in hell against a Superman-level character? And genius or not, how's that brain of his gonna keep him from getting his ass jolly-stomped?

who?-kid
(throwing oil on the fire) : I heard once that in a crossover, Spider-Man humiliated Wonder Woman... but I never read it (if it exists)... too bad sad

sbo
Wonder woman will beat poor spidey's butt in a matter of seconds. She's too strong and resilient, spidey doesn't have a chance.

Draco69
Who the heck was ignorant enough to put up this post?

Draco69
And Wondy's hotness depends on the artist. Michael Turner and Joe Mad made her look really hot.

BobbyD
Did someone say WW?!

(sigh)

love

WW_Rules
WW is class 100 strength versus Spiderman's class 15. WW has far superior fighting skills and unlike WW's lasso, the Web Head's webbing isn't unbreakable, especially by someone with WWs strength. The only area where it's even close is the speed catagory but WW has the edge here too. In the end, Diana crush Peter Parker like, well, a spider.

Tron
Spidey's class 10, unless that's changed.

And WW beats him in speed too.

h1a8
Yes spiderman is a tactical genius. He has outsmarted many a foe (even smart ones). Spiderman can lift over 50 tons in times of great stress (his strength reaches uncharted territory). His reflexes is also 40 times that of a normal human (to him a bullet is moving at about 20mph). His spidersense jerks him out of danger without his knowledge (in some cases before the attack actually happens). Technically, spiderman is never suppose to get hit. He take hits because lazy writers don't know how to add adversity to the story. Spiderman has also defeated many foes just as powerful (if not more) as wonderwoman. So technically, he is superior to most superpowered beings. Also diana is only faster than spidey while flying. In comics she moves pretty slowly unless she is blocking bullets (she is not bullet proof) while spidey becomes a blur (multiples of spiderman appear) on several occassions. Spidey finds a way to stop or kill diana. Also diana needs air to breath.

Cosmic Cube
No, he won't. He will lose.

ArekExcelsior2
Spidey's webbing isn't unbreakable, but people sure have a harder time getting rid of it than that lasso. If Spidey can trap Wonder Woman right, all that muscular power she has isn't generated - it's cut off at the source. Spiderman just starts wailing on her. (The real Spidey would walk off, but we're assuming Spidey with intent t kill). Again, terrain really matters with Spiderman: if he's in a city, I think he takes the win. If not, I think he loses pretty bad.

K3VIL
Originally posted by x_danny_x
how can you say wonder woman isnt hot.!!!

remember Lynda Carter who played Wonder Woman! That girl had a smoking body in younger days

http://home.iprimus.com.au/rennyr/jlanews.jpg

wish I was Batman in this case. Heck in some of the comics, she give hints that she likes Batman
Batman looks dumb in this pic.
Anyway Titania or She-Hulk, the classical version of SH aren't worth examples of strong superfemales, compared to WW.
She has 70% of Superman's strenght, possess a high degree of invulnerability, and her reflexes exceed those of Spider-Man like those of a top condition boxer exceed those of a 3years old child.
Her reflexes are, when in a very good, perfect relationship with Hermes, something Spider-Man can only dream to possess.Come, putting JLA members against heroes like Spidey is just wanting the JLA pummeling Marvel heroes to death.

Draco69
Originally posted by ArekExcelsior2
Spidey's webbing isn't unbreakable, but people sure have a harder time getting rid of it than that lasso. If Spidey can trap Wonder Woman right, all that muscular power she has isn't generated - it's cut off at the source. Spiderman just starts wailing on her. (The real Spidey would walk off, but we're assuming Spidey with intent t kill). Again, terrain really matters with Spiderman: if he's in a city, I think he takes the win. If not, I think he loses pretty bad.

WW is Class 100. The webbing is gonna break like string putty. WW's faster, stronger and a much better fighter. Spidey doesn't stand a chance.

God Spider-Man is EXTREMELY overrated in this forum.

juggernaut74
I want to say Spiderman wins but I gotta give an honest opinion here and I say that WW kicks his @ss pretty bad. I actually think WW is an overlooked character cause she is a female, although she does possess great power.

Draco69
She's terribly overlooked. Her powers are dramatically downplayed in this forum. She never gets a worthy opponent. Spider-Man, Vixen, Wolverine, Penance...

h1a8
Originally posted by Draco69
WW is Class 100. The webbing is gonna break like string putty. WW's faster, stronger and a much better fighter. Spidey doesn't stand a chance.

Wonder Woman isn't faster than Spider-man. If you read current comics you will see that she moves slower than molasses. She gets hit by many slower beings (Such as Mongul). She only shows speed when blocking projectiles. She's not even bullet proof. Spiderman is known to move the speed of sound when under intense stress (becoming a blur, invisible, or multiples of himself). Also, technically, Spidey cannot get hit. Marvel says that Spider-man's spidersense jerks his body out of the way (sometimes before the attack happens) without his knowledge. Writers have him getting hit to add adversity. Spider-man is greatly underestimated because of these faulty writers. Technically, Spider-man is superior to most super powered beings. Wonder woman is too vulnerable for her to withstand Spidey's might. He can potentially go to class 100 strength (Also a fact from Marvel). To refute me one has to show how Wonder Woman can hit Spider-man and how she can not get hit by him as well. They must show these things to prove that Wonder-Woman can win.

h1a8
She's terribly overlooked. Her powers are dramatically downplayed in this forum. She never gets a worthy opponent. Spider-Man, Vixen, Wolverine, Penance...

She may be somewhat overlooked but Spider-man is superior to most super powered beings and is a very worthy opponent. So worthy is him that he beats her easily if he's under high stress. Read the post above this one to find out how.

h1a8
In this argument I will assume spidey has great determination with stress to stop and he ignores the fact that wonder-woman is a female and doesn't underestimate her abilities. Otherwise he can't win.

If wonder woman is faster (syke!) then why does she move so slow in the comics and on tv. People like Grundy, Aquaman, Mongul and other sloweys always hit her. She only shows speed when she blocks bullets and other projectiles (this implies she is not bulletproof and has questionable durability to concussive force-like Thor). I never seen her move like spider-man (multiples of himself at one time and also becoming a blur at times). She can travel (by flying) faster but certainly not move in a fight faster (all the comics will support me on this). Second, only true spidey fans know that class 10 is not spidey's limit but his under regular circumstances limit. He has shown to brace a multistory building (I've seen the pics from this comic) while being under tremendous stress. Marvel even said that his strength can go into uncharted territory when he is under tremendous stress. Firelord is a cosmic being who has tremendous durability (more than wonder-woman) This guy has taken hits from Drax without a problem. This is friggin Drax for crying out loud (much comparable to Mongul in brute strength if not more). But Spidey was shown under tremendous anger and stress to pummel Firelord with punches in which he defeated him. I'm sorry but that is an amazing feat.

1. If one argues that wonder-woman wins (I'm not saying she can't) then they have to explain how she can hit spidey (I've seen spidey dodge lasers. His ss alerts him even before the attack).

2. Second, one must explain that if spidey is very determined and stressed how is wonder-woman going to take his fury and still stand. But to be honest both have a chance of winning (even spider-man)

So whoever replies or posts next in regards to wonder-woman then please you must refute those two reasons above or your argument will be weak and invalid.

Mindship
Originally posted by h1a8
In this argument I will assume spidey has great determination with stress to stop and he ignores the fact that wonder-woman is a female and doesn't underestimate her abilities. Otherwise he can't win.

If wonder woman is faster (syke!) then why does she move so slow in the comics and on tv. People like Grundy, Aquaman, Mongul and other sloweys always hit her. She only shows speed when she blocks bullets and other projectiles (this implies she is not bulletproof and has questionable durability to concussive force-like Thor). I never seen her move like spider-man (multiples of himself at one time and also becoming a blur at times). She can travel (by flying) faster but certainly not move in a fight faster (all the comics will support me on this). Second, only true spidey fans know that class 10 is not spidey's limit but his under regular circumstances limit. He has shown to brace a multistory building (I've seen the pics from this comic) while being under tremendous stress. Marvel even said that his strength can go into uncharted territory when he is under tremendous stress. Firelord is a cosmic being who has tremendous durability (more than wonder-woman) This guy has taken hits from Drax without a problem. This is friggin Drax for crying out loud (much comparable to Mongul in brute strength if not more). But Spidey was shown under tremendous anger and stress to pummel Firelord with punches in which he defeated him. I'm sorry but that is an amazing feat.

1. If one argues that wonder-woman wins (I'm not saying she can't) then they have to explain how she can hit spidey (I've seen spidey dodge lasers. His ss alerts him even before the attack).

2. Second, one must explain that if spidey is very determined and stressed how is wonder-woman going to take his fury and still stand. But to be honest both have a chance of winning (even spider-man)

So whoever replies or posts next in regards to wonder-woman then please you must refute those two reasons above or your argument will be weak and invalid.

I happen to agree with a lot of what you're saying, and I believe a lot of your questions and observations can be summed up with three letters: PIS.
Unfortunately, much like Superman, writers are not consistent in their display of WW's power level. The overall sense, however, is that she is second in strength only to Superman (she helped tow the moon, ey), and while not bullet-(or arrow!) proof, she has taken punches from Superman and has also endured his heat vision. (Frankly, IMO, if she isn't bulletproof, she shouldn't be able to handle either, but hey, PIS.)

In any event, I feel that she is superior to Spiderman in strength, speed and durability. Fighting skill, I would make them equal, if for different reasons. Spiderman has his spider-sense and his webbing, the latter which he doesn't have to necessarily use to bind her, just distract her.
I tend to see this fight as her doing a lotta swinging and missing; him getting in blows but she endures them with no real/lasting injury.

In the end, WW wins.

who?-kid
That's the problem with WW : her powers are sooooooooooooo (ad infinitum) inconsistent.... That's why I couldn't care less about her.

LordFear
Listen this broad would kill Peter so bad, Aunt May would feel it up her ass

who?-kid
Originally posted by LordFear
Listen this broad would kill Peter so bad, Aunt May would feel it up her ass
And why does she at times have trouble with Batman and Deathstroke ?

Darth_Erebus
Wonder Woman would kill Spiderman with one punch, sheesh.

LordFear

Sir may I be the first and possibly last to commend you on that remark.
I have been saying this since I have been a member here and people kept calling me a fascist Spiderman hater.
Thank You again sir

LordFear
Originally posted by who?-kid
And why does she at times have trouble with Batman and Deathstroke ?

Sir any attempt by a decent and honorable writer to pass that notion off to smart readers is a damn fool and charlatan.
I mean even if I read that crap in a book, some things purely don't make sense
As far as Batman, I don't know if you notice but Batman as of late has been portrayed as more than a mere man on several occasions.
I mean for some writers to even postulate the idea that Bats has a chance in hell of lasting a nanosecond against Clark is a damn joke and please I can go on forever about that. Deathstroke I guess in theory makes sense but does it matter is you can predict what WW is gonna do b4 she does it? Your dead anyway.
That's just logic right there

Mindship
The funny thing is, then you have a thread where people will argue that Daredevil (eg) has an excellent chance against Spider-Man. Is a Daredevil vs Wonder Woman thread not far behind?

WW > SM > DD. Different classes, and only some truly clever PIS would allow an Inferior to make an acceptably good showing against a Superior.

DigiMark007
The argument that "we're running out of vs. threads" was used as justification for opening this. Perhaps, but still not a good reason to start an obviously lopsided match.

I don't feel like seeing my boy get throttled by a far superior opponent anymore. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.